PDA

View Full Version : Do you want Vermeil down the road after this season?

Bwana
10-02-2005, 06:44 PM
Kick him to the curb? Who else should be down the road?

Bwana
10-02-2005, 06:47 PM
I would have to go with not only yes, but hell yes.

ck_IN
He should have never been allowed to get in from the curb. He can't leave fast enough.

NaptownChief
Not sure....Depends on if he is willing to make the tough decisions needed and get rid of the people that need cleaned out. If he can't do that and I highly question whether he can then I would want to get someone who can. If the right candidate popped up between now and the end of the season then I would be all for making the change regardless.

Michael Michigan
10-02-2005, 06:48 PM
I would have to go with not only yes, but hell yes.

Oh hell yes.

chagrin
10-02-2005, 06:48 PM
I don't know if I want to make a hasty call like this "seriously" so I will just say that I haven't seen any real move forward with the O this season. RBC sucks and we have no WR threat, except Eddie and he isn't exactly a true #1, and WTF happened to giving Tony G the ball?

Anyway, I say bring this pole up again after week 9

ck_IN
10-02-2005, 06:49 PM
<i>Depends on if he is willing to make the tough decisions needed and get rid of the people that need cleaned out.</i>

Do you really see DV doing this? After the crying fit he had over Robinson?

RedThat
10-02-2005, 06:50 PM
Absolutely yes. with all the talent we have on this team, and the way we are playing? Also, the way he is going about losing, taking it like a grain of salt, "giving his players a week off after this loss!?!" **** yeah, Im convinced he sucks! I want him gone.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-02-2005, 06:51 PM
we're on pace for a 8-8 season. That's an improvement over '04's 7-9 ...headed in the right direction [ DV voice ]

NaptownChief
10-02-2005, 06:52 PM
Depends on if he is willing to make the tough decisions needed and get rid of the people that need cleaned out.

Do you really see DV doing this? After the crying fit he had over Robinson?

Nope I sure don't. I'm not willing to make change just for the sake of change however cause the last time we did that we ended up with Gunther. There has to be a quality person that you feel really good about or else you end up with some bum like Wandstadt and tag on another 3 or 4 do nothing seasons.

Deberg_1990
10-02-2005, 06:53 PM
No, i want him gone...i want a new GM.....I want fresh blood. Damn, i wish Saban was still available.......

RedandGold
10-02-2005, 06:53 PM
Regardless of how we end up this season, I say that it's time to start looking in another direction. I would like nothing more than to see Vermeil go out with another Super Bowl ring, but if he doesn't, he's definitely been given a fair chance to do it.

I still don't know who the right guy is to replace him just yet, but we need someone that doesn't accept "soft" as part of his team profile.

ck_IN
10-02-2005, 06:55 PM
I can agree with you there Nap. On the other hand I would expect Lamar and/or CP to have a short list of available talent just in case.

If they don't then this team has bigger problems then an over rated HC.

This team made a mistake with Gunther and then compounded it with DV. This team needed a housecleaning then and it still does.

RedThat
10-02-2005, 06:55 PM
More importantly, i agree with Deberg_1990, I want a new GM. So, if Vermeil goes, I hope Carl re-signs and goes with him too. Doubt that'll happen, but, Im hoping for the best.

NaptownChief
10-02-2005, 06:59 PM
This team made a mistake with Gunther and then compounded it with DV. This team needed a housecleaning then and it still does.

Yep....But I would rather suffer one more year with DV if that is what it took to get a top notch candidate like Charlie Weis type than grab a middle of the road mediocre coach that will have us destined to the next 3 or 4 years of people saying "it's just his first/second/third year, he deserves more time..." crap that will be inevitable. So in summary would rather waste one more year as opposed to 3 or 4.

Deberg_1990
Im ready to move forward....im willing to go though some losing seasons early with a new HC and young QB. As long as they are moving forward. We are only treading water with Carl and DV. Look how Cinci is doing now with Marvin Lewis and Carson Palmer.

Eleazar
Gunther's job is to get the defense to execute. If he can't do it, then he should be gone. Vermeil isn't the defensive coordinator.

Hammock Parties
10-02-2005, 07:00 PM
Get rid of him.

Any head coach who approves an offensive gameplan that features your best receiver as a blocker 90% of the time is a moron.

Simplex3
10-02-2005, 07:02 PM
Carl has been given plenty of years and won nothing. Somebody in the organization needs to clean house.

I agree with ck_In, the team is soft and DV appears to be Ok with it. The team needs to find it's testicles and put them back in their pants. Christ, the Eagles were more fired up than the Chiefs. The Chiefs couldn't even get fired up after they blew the lead. They're sackless and it's sad.

NaptownChief
10-02-2005, 07:03 PM
Carl has been given plenty of years and won nothing. Somebody in the organization needs to clean house.

I agree with ck_In, the team is soft and DV appears to be Ok with it. The team needs to find it's testicles and put them back in their pants. Christ, the Eagles were more fired up than the Chiefs. The Chiefs couldn't even get fired up after they blew the lead. They're sackless and it's sad.

I completely agree I just want to be cautious not to end up with some mediocre recycled garbage like Dennis Green etc...

Eleazar
10-02-2005, 07:04 PM
Get rid of him.

Any head coach who approves an offensive gameplan that features your best receiver as a blocker 90% of the time is a moron.

Well I missed the game action around here... so is the consensus once again that the offense is to blame?

31 points just isn't good enough?

BS I say. Cunningham isn't getting it done. He got everything on his Christmas list in the offseason and the defense still sucks donkey balls. We're still giving up free yardage all over the place and getting sliced up like OJ's wife with the short to medium passing game.

As far as I'm concerned it's on Gunther right now. The players aren't executing but it's his job to get them to.

|Zach|
10-02-2005, 07:05 PM
I don't know...without Tony G. doing some blocking I am not sure Green would be alive right now...we had to do SOMETHING after Den....and that was it...it worked better than last week but...

We need Roaf back.

NaptownChief
10-02-2005, 07:06 PM
Well I missed the game action around here... so is the consensus once again that the offense is to blame?

BS I say. Cunningham isn't getting it done. He got everything on his Christmas list in the offseason and the defense still sucks donkey balls. We're still giving up free yardage all over the place and getting sliced up like OJ's wife with the short to medium passing game.

As far as I'm concerned it's on Gunther right now. The players aren't executing but it's his job to get them to.

Hey, there is nothing wrong with having a LB'er or your 4th best CB on the team always covering the top WR in the NFL. :rolleyes:

Deberg_1990
10-02-2005, 07:06 PM
I completely agree I just want to be cautious not to end up with some mediocre recycled garbage like Dennis Green etc...

Oh Hell NO!! I want a young guy with fresh ideas....NOT a retread....knowing Carl, he'd probably go out and hire Jim Mora Sr.

Hammock Parties
10-02-2005, 07:07 PM

Way to completely mis-analyze the situation.

The Chiefs offense played great football for a quarter.

After that they did squat, apart from a garbage-time TD.

Dante Hall added a touchdown on a kick return.

The Chiefs dominated the Eagles at the start of the game.

Then, on the sidelines, the Eagles defensive leaders got together and told each other they wouldn't allow another point.

They proceeded to impose their will on the Chiefs offense the rest of the game, until garbage time.

Inexcusable.

Deberg_1990
10-02-2005, 07:07 PM

It was really only 17 points...6 was Dante and 6 were in "Garbage Time" as far as im concerned.

rene torrez
10-02-2005, 07:09 PM
What I read all Pre Season is that we want to be 2 and 2. We have some issues to fix, but look at the upcoming scheulde. :mad:

Eleazar
10-02-2005, 07:10 PM

Then, on the sidelines, the Eagles defensive leaders got together and told each other they wouldn't allow another point.

They proceeded to impose their will on the Chiefs offense the rest of the game, until garbage time.

Inexcusable.

Yeah, we made all those mistakes, and we still would have won if the defense could manage to hold any decent offense to under 30 points.

ck_IN
10-02-2005, 07:11 PM
We're on the same page Nap. But I have to believe there's an assistant coach out there on one of those other 31 teams that could do something for us.

If Lamar doesn't have that short list then we can take our time to find that assitant coach. But if Lamar doesn't have a short list then I'd have to ask why.

Hammock Parties
10-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Here is the problem with our pathetic and overrated offense. Observe the highlight area:

Hammock Parties
10-02-2005, 07:12 PM
We gained NINETY TWO TOTAL YARDS in the 2nd, 3rd and most of the 4th quarter.

:shake:

rene torrez
10-02-2005, 07:14 PM
What,s up with all you CHIEF FANS? Die Hard, What a joke!!!! You live in KC and giving up. I live in CALIFORNIA and have more faith than you. The CHIEFS WILL BE 12-4.

Deberg_1990
10-02-2005, 07:17 PM
What,s up with all you CHIEF FANS? Die Hard, What a joke!!!! You live in KC and giving up. I live in CALIFORNIA and have more faith than you. The CHIEFS WILL BE 12-4.

Dude, most of us have been with this team though thick and thin for a number of years.......Its just that we are tired of "treading water" and seeing the same mistakes over and over and over again....

Eleazar
10-02-2005, 07:17 PM

I'm still die hard. I'm not going to quit watching games or laugh when they lose or scream for them to lose out on purpose.

Pointing out who on the team is not performing has nothing to do with your "real fan"-dom. I'm still behind them 100% and never will not be.

As far as 12-4 goes... I think 10 or 11 is a lot more realistic.

Bwana
10-02-2005, 07:20 PM

12-4? Dude! :shake:

rene torrez
10-02-2005, 07:20 PM
I have been a CHIEF fan for 17 yrs, I have seen it all, give it time. The D has only had 4 weeks together. Look at the rest of the scheulde.

Skip Towne
10-02-2005, 07:21 PM
I'm still die hard. I'm not going to quit watching games or laugh when they lose or scream for them to lose out on purpose.

Pointing out who on the team is not performing has nothing to do with your "real fan"-dom. I'm still behind them 100% and never will not be.

As far as 12-4 goes... I think 10 or 11 is a lot more realistic.
What a wuss. you have no implodability.

Skip Towne
10-02-2005, 07:22 PM
Shut up, n00b!!!!!!!!

Bwana
10-02-2005, 07:23 PM
Shut up, n00b!!!!!!!!

Damn Skip. ROFL

Iowanian
10-02-2005, 07:24 PM
I think its a given that he's going this year....

I would just prefer the entire staff go with him.........from GM down.

I like Dv....but I just think the game has passed him by....he's doing too much hugging the players that need a foot in their ass. He's done too much keeping of Position coaches that can't get it done.

morphius
10-02-2005, 07:25 PM
As long as our main defensive stance against teams is a zone D, I really have little or no expectications for this team at all.

the Talking Can
DV is done this year, no matter what happens.

I have no idea who will be coach but I'm more and more becoming interested in a total cleansing of or coaching staff...top to bottom...most of our assistant's are terrible, Gun is awful, AS is schizophrenic...DV is simply out of touch and mostly in denial...ughh...

we have been outcoached badly the last 2 weeks...just embarrassed

Skip Towne
Damn Skip. ROFL
Yeah, a damn n00b with 3 posts comes on to tell us how it is.

Simplex3
10-02-2005, 07:26 PM
I have been a CHIEF fan for 17 yrs, I have seen it all, give it time. The D has only had 4 weeks together. Look at the rest of the scheulde.
Unless the playoff schedule is against those same cupcake teams it'll all be for nothing.

rene torrez
10-02-2005, 07:26 PM
No wonder why your HIGH, your hitting the keg from the wrong side.

Bwana
10-02-2005, 07:28 PM
You sure don't sound like a:

TRUE FAN

With talk like that. ;)

the Talking Can
10-02-2005, 07:28 PM

Inexcusable.

it doesn't matter...31 points is enough to win..any time, any where

we scored 31 and lost at home...just like last year, and the year before...good defenses win even with low scoring offenses...that is not our defense...

crazychiefsfan
10-02-2005, 07:29 PM
Loyal and "the system players" have given us NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEE YA!!!!!!!!!!

Bwana
10-02-2005, 07:30 PM
No wonder why your HIGH, your hitting the keg from the wrong side.

That wouldn't be me cupcake.

Simplex3

I don't think Jesus Christ could fire up this D. I think Hicks, Mitchell, Browning, Wesley, and the assistant coaches are all Ok with losing. They don't have any fire or passion out there. I was hoping that the infusion of Bell, Knight, Surtain, and DJ would get the old losers fired up but I'm afraid it's actually worked the other way around.

They have a week off. They'd better use it to find their balls instead of party in the basement of a Mexican rest.

Phobia

Yeah. It sucks that he's right.

rene torrez
10-02-2005, 07:31 PM
In CALI we do it, all you do is talk about how true fans you are. You Quit after 4 games. SAAAAD.

Bwana
10-02-2005, 07:32 PM
In CALI we do it, all you do is talk about how true fans you are. You Quit after 4 games. SAAAAD.
Are you a "true fan" RT?

Phobia

Shutup n00b.

Iowanian
In Cali, you can't support ANY of the football team.

Cali folk, quit going to games before Preseason.

No one quit....its just that "outside of cali" fans know the smell of a turd when the team is flopping like one on the field.

The Rams Left Cali...The raiders have moved 3 times, the Bolts are talking about Moving, and routinely have as many visiting fans as locals.

There is some smoke coming out of your arse, and I'm pretty sure its because you skipped study hall, and have a bong up there with your head.

"Cali".....hahahahahhahaa

Simplex3
10-02-2005, 07:33 PM
If we had all disappeared THAT would be giving up. Being pissed off about being represented by a bunch of sackless losers and telling them to get off their asses isn't giving up, it's caring.

rene torrez
10-02-2005, 07:35 PM
The ony turd, I mean for you Mid West " CHIPS " YOU QUIT.

|Zach|
10-02-2005, 07:36 PM
Wow.

Ha.

I have no idea where are going with this.

Iowanian
10-02-2005, 07:37 PM
I think you should try attending school this week.

Bwana
WTF? Decoder ring.

the Talking Can
I think you should try attending school this week.

no school in jail

Phobia
10-02-2005, 07:38 PM

Okay. I realize you are likely speaking English as a second language, but this shit doesn't even make sense in espanol.

Iowanian
10-02-2005, 07:38 PM
Earthquake.

JOhn
10-02-2005, 07:40 PM
Shut the F up!! you are a complete imbecile.

No one is "giving up" we are just disgusted in the fact we threw away this game, and looked horrible in pile high on Monday.
:cuss:
fyi "True Fans" are allowed to question theirs teams management, coaching and players. Only "bandwagon" fan accept everything they are fed by the teams PR and never question mistakes. I know as a resident of Cali, you have little experience with having a football team, but try learning a little more about the game before you come here and question these "fans" about their loyalty. :shake:

Iowanian
10-02-2005, 07:42 PM
I still have hope for this season. Its not over.

I'm very disappointed to see this team just take an asskicking.

It'd be nice to see some pride....especially at home.
Its never been move obvious watching a team just FOLD.

Stoner broads in cali, probably don't even know what an Hback is...

Hammock Parties
10-02-2005, 07:44 PM

The Eagles defensive leaders stepped up after it was 17-0 and made a stand.

Just fugging once I'd like to see this team do that.

It seems like the only time we haven't folded at the first sign of adversity this year was in the Oakland game, and only because they were unloading a full clip into their foot.

Iowanian
10-02-2005, 07:47 PM
My biggest problem with Vermiel, is that he Cuddles, hugs, kisses, nuzzles, spoons, protects and covers for his players too much.

When someone, who isn't a kicker screws the pooch....Vermeil gives them a handjob in his post game.

He needs to be kicking some asses, and should have been doing it in the preseason.

babying the Veterans OBVIOUSLY did not keep them from being injured, and it sure as hell didn't get them in shape or make the team tough.

the Talking Can
10-02-2005, 07:49 PM
we went to Denver and fell behind 17-0
we gave up and cried about it

Philly went to KC and fell behind 17-0
they rose up and kicked our asses and exposed us as frauds

one team is good, one team is bad....you decide

old_geezer
10-02-2005, 07:51 PM
I just got home from church...haven't read any of the other threads, but to answer the question - I can't wait for Vermeil and the rest of his coaching staff to get out of KC forever. It's not the players; our players aren't any worse than the talent I see around the rest of the league. But we are consistantly outplayed and out hustled every week. We need a complete purging of the coaching staff and bring in someone who knows how to gameplan for a complete game.

Bwana
10-02-2005, 08:50 PM
I just got home from church...

Tell me you put in a word for the Chiefs while you were there!

gblowfish
10-02-2005, 09:49 PM
In 2000 I was in St. Louis the morning of the Rams-Titans Super Bowl. There was a story in the Post-Dispatch on Grandpa Dick Called "The Dick Vermeil-O-Meter."

Back in St. Louis, they called Grandpa Dick "Buzz Lightyear" because of his many moods. I found the article and have re-built the Dick Vermeil-O-Meter:

Skip Towne
10-02-2005, 09:57 PM

Aha!! Iowanian breaks out the old trap play!!

cdcox
10-02-2005, 09:58 PM
I have "hope" for this season in the sense that I know rationally that there is a ton of football to be played, we are going to get some key players back, and there is some good talent on this team.

But I already know how this seaon will end.

It will end with me thinking that this team blew its opportuntities. Same story for too many years to count.

I want a fresh start, and that means just about everyone gone. Give me a few young, good players. Jared Allen, DJ, Colquit, Tynes, Brian Waters and that may be it. Every one else is either part of the problem or too freaking old to contribute by the time this team could rebuild. Keep those 5 players out and boot everyone else out, from King Karl down to Rich Scanlon. Then get rid of the equipment managers, grounds keepers, cheerleaders, and beer vendors. Then take a clam shell and a tooth brush and dig out every bit of mold, scum and bacterial film from under every seat. Every living thing must be rooted out becaues the whole organization reeks of losing.

NJ Chief Fan
10-02-2005, 10:05 PM
any body think we can persuade charlie weiss to come in

Simplex3
10-02-2005, 10:14 PM
Every living thing must be rooted out becaues the whole organization reeks of losing.
This leads to what I'm most afraid of. Institutional losing. It happened to the Bengals and it took them over a decade to get out of the funk. It's been going on in the Cardinals organization for decades. Houston hasn't broken out of it yet.

Sometimes a complete housecleaning is enough to get the funk out. Sometimes you have to rip out the flooring and the drywall.

greg63
10-02-2005, 10:16 PM
I think its moot, this is the last year of his contract, and I doubt seriously that he will return.

RedThat
10-02-2005, 10:16 PM
This leads to what I'm most afraid of. Institutional losing. It happened to the Bengals and it took them over a decade to get out of the funk. It's been going on in the Cardinals organization for decades. Houston hasn't broken out of it yet.

Sometimes a complete housecleaning is enough to get the funk out. Sometimes you have to rip out the flooring and the drywall.

Imo, the whole flooring and drywall is Mr. Carl Peterson on down. That whole front office needs a job, and so does the entire coaching staff.

Abba-Dabba
10-02-2005, 11:07 PM
any body think we can persuade charlie weiss to come in

That's who I want to replace Vermeil. Screw the inhouse search, they obviously haven't been getting the job done. But, even if we want Weis it would be damn hard to pull him away from Notre Dame.

Mecca
10-02-2005, 11:10 PM
What's scary about this is um after this season if we are starting over. What young players do we have to build around.............

BigMeatballDave
10-02-2005, 11:14 PM
Peterson, DV, and the entire staff...

Simplex3
10-02-2005, 11:22 PM
What's scary about this is um after this season if we are starting over. What young players do we have to build around.............
Jarod Allen - Would look better with some solid DT play.
Kendrell Bell - Still young, give him a year or so to come back around.
Jordan Black - Not ready to give up on him yet and you need an OL.
Chris Bober - Only in his 6th season
Marc Boerigter - 4th year and just gets open and catches the ball
Dustin Colquitt - Duh.
Boomer Grigsby - Attitude to burn.
Carlos Hall - 4th year guy, may still be good
Dante Hall - Duh.
Derrick Johnson - Duh.
Larry Johnson - 3rd year, best RB under 30 on the team.
Kawika Mitchell - May yet become a player.
Kevin Sampson
Benny Sapp
Rich Scanlon - God please help me.
Lawrence Tynes - Seems to have turned it around
Brian Waters - Only in his 6th year, would be the OL anchor.
Kris Wilson - If he's so damn good let him prove it.

Craphonso Thorpe - Given another year on that leg he should be back to form.

Tony Richardson - AS THE GM.

We have some young players who can potentially be pretty good. I think the thing that scares me the most is relying on CP to find a new QB after Green. Nothing good can come from that. He also tends to f**k up his early round picks and that hurts the team more than we may ever know.

Mecca
10-02-2005, 11:26 PM
We'll have fun trying to resign Carlos Hall after this year with ole Drew Rosehaus as his agent.

It really hurts us that none of those players are in core positions. If we keep drafting like we usually do, we'll once again be forced to add all our players in free agency having an old team for a few years compete.

BigMeatballDave
10-02-2005, 11:29 PM
As far as 12-4 goes... I think 10 or 11 is a lot more realistic.HA!

BigMeatballDave
10-02-2005, 11:36 PM
I don't think Jesus Christ could fire up this D. I think Hicks, Mitchell, Browning, Wesley, and the assistant coaches are all Ok with losing. They don't have any fire or passion out there. I have to disagree about Mitchell. He's doing MUCH better than Bell...

philfree
10-02-2005, 11:43 PM

DJ and LJ........The season is far from over though so so I wouldn't wet my britches just yet.......Well .

BigMeatballDave
10-02-2005, 11:46 PM
any body think we can persuade charlie weiss to come inI don't think he's leaving ND anytime soon. I want Pete Carroll...

Simplex3
10-02-2005, 11:48 PM
I don't think he's leaving ND anytime soon. I want Pete Carroll...
Man I hope that was a joke. He sucked as an NFL HC.

Mecca
10-02-2005, 11:49 PM
Man I hope that was a joke. He sucked as an NFL HC.

But um uh his fake tan rules!

Ultra Peanut
10-03-2005, 12:32 AM
Even if we rebound and have a great year, he needs to go.

FlightPhan
10-03-2005, 01:01 AM
Eagles fan here... don't worry, I'm not a troll.

For the sake of argument, I'm coming by because you guys had a few fans come by the Eagles board, and they were probably the coolest visitors ever. So, I figured I'd come back and return the favor.

I couldn't help reading your post about Vermiel and your team. This probably wont sound weird to you guys, but from my experience with Dick here in Philly; Dick is a Puss.

The problem isn't the fact that he doesn't call his players out in the media. Reid never calls our guys out in the media, either. I think that's a good thing. No need to publically humiliate your players. Dick's problem is that he doesn't call them out in the locker room, either. He tries to be a team therapist or something. He doesn't understand that sometimes you have to pull a player over and say "Hey Bob, you suck balls. If you don't want security to throw you out the next time you try to board with the team, you'll get your s**t together"

Personally, I think you guys have a good team. Surely, you have just as much, if not more, talent on both sides of the ball as any team in the league. Plus, you have good special teams players.

But I have to ask you guys this; who do you think is considered the leader of the team? Who is the guy that you think gets a rise out of the players when he speaks? It has to be another player. For us, it's Brian Dawkins, Jeremiah Trotter, and McNabb. As they go, the team goes, in spite of the coach, sometimes.

My guess is that if you guys (obviously hardcore Chiefs fans) don't know, the team probably doesn't either. That would be their problem. They need a peer to kick them in the ass when they seem to be getting down.

Of course, Vermiel must go. Mainly because that leader takes his cue from the coach in a lot of ways. Dawkins/Trotter/McNabb are all player extensions of Reid. So, with all the talent you guys have, you might not really need a 'great' coach, just one who isn't trying to be Oprah. You guys need a hardcore dickhead who only smiles twice a year, but is fair.

You have a good amount of talent being wasted on a whiny eunich. Even when Vermiel gets upset, it's more funny than it is scary. Nobody believes it or takes it all that seriously because even when he's upset, he still cries and bawls like a 15-year-old girl who lost her NSync tickets 15 minutes before the show.

I don't know how the media is over there, but if they listen, bombard them with letters about the team needing a leader. Sooner or later, they'll think it was their idea and begin to write articles about it and someone might feel compelled to step up and start really being vocal on your bench.

Sorry this is so long. I got carried away. :)
If any of this was looked upon as disrespectful, my apologies. It wasn't intended that way. Quite frankly, I'd really like to see someone other than Manning or Rothlisberger (both of whom kinda make me wanna gag) be the ones to dethrone the Pats. You guys have the talent. You're just missing the attitude.

Good luck the rest of the season.
It's only 4 games deep.

Peace
FP

greg63
10-03-2005, 01:12 AM
Eagles fan here... don't worry, I'm not a troll.

For the sake of argument, I'm coming by because you guys had a few fans come by the Eagles board, and they were probably the coolest visitors ever. So, I figured I'd come back and return the favor.

I couldn't help reading your post about Vermiel and your team. This probably wont sound weird to you guys, but from my experience with Dick here in Philly; Dick is a Puss.

The problem isn't the fact that he doesn't call his players out in the media. Reid never calls our guys out in the media, either. I think that's a good thing. No need to publically humiliate your players. Dick's problem is that he doesn't call them out in the locker room, either. He tries to be a team therapist or something. He doesn't understand that sometimes you have to pull a player over and say "Hey Bob, you suck balls. If you don't want security to throw you out the next time you try to board with the team, you'll get your s**t together"

Personally, I think you guys have a good team. Surely, you have just as much, if not more, talent on both sides of the ball as any team in the league. Plus, you have good special teams players.

But I have to ask you guys this; who do you think is considered the leader of the team? Who is the guy that you think gets a rise out of the players when he speaks? It has to be another player. For us, it's Brian Dawkins, Jeremiah Trotter, and McNabb. As they go, the team goes, in spite of the coach, sometimes.

My guess is that if you guys (obviously hardcore Chiefs fans) don't know, the team probably doesn't either. That would be their problem. They need a peer to kick them in the ass when they seem to be getting down.

Of course, Vermiel must go. Mainly because that leader takes his cue from the coach in a lot of ways. Dawkins/Trotter/McNabb are all player extensions of Reid. So, with all the talent you guys have, you might not really need a 'great' coach, just one who isn't trying to be Oprah. You guys need a hardcore dickhead who only smiles twice a year, but is fair.

You have a good amount of talent being wasted on a whiny eunich. Even when Vermiel gets upset, it's more funny than it is scary. Nobody believes it or takes it all that seriously because even when he's upset, he still cries and bawls like a 15-year-old girl who lost her NSync tickets 15 minutes before the show.

I don't know how the media is over there, but if they listen, bombard them with letters about the team needing a leader. Sooner or later, they'll think it was their idea and begin to write articles about it and someone might feel compelled to step up and start really being vocal on your bench.

Sorry this is so long. I got carried away. :)
If any of this was looked upon as disrespectful, my apologies. It wasn't intended that way. Quite frankly, I'd really like to see someone other than Manning or Rothlisberger (both of whom kinda make me wanna gag) be the ones to dethrone the Pats. You guys have the talent. You're just missing the attitude.

Good luck the rest of the season.
It's only 4 games deep.

Peace
FP

Good first post! Welcome to the Planet. I agree. DT, back in the day, would get our Defense fired up. :D

B_Ambuehl
10-03-2005, 01:25 AM
Many people forget this entire football team is built on guys who were projects or who have had to play way above their heads to reach the level they're at now.......There are only 4 number one draft picks playing right now and half of those are on the downsides of their careers. Kennison, Shields, Gonzales and DJ. Add in Sims and Roaf who are injured. I don't know of any other teams who compete with less top draft choices.

Barrymore50
10-03-2005, 01:30 AM
As long as Carl runs the Chiefs, it doesn't matter who is head coach. No Super Bowl til he's gone.

Bwana
11-14-2005, 08:39 PM
Bump

Logical
11-14-2005, 08:41 PM
As long as Carl runs the Chiefs, it doesn't matter who is head coach. No Super Bowl til he's gone.I agree with this, but a miracle could happen with the right coach. It would definitely be a miracle though.

wolfpack0735
11-14-2005, 08:44 PM
there is no room for cry babies in football. he has to go.

chiefs4me
11-14-2005, 08:59 PM
Where's the option for one more year.......:D

Bwana
11-14-2005, 09:07 PM
Where's the option for one more year.......:D

That would be the sparsely used option #2.

chiefs4me
11-14-2005, 09:31 PM
That would be the sparsely used option #2.

No I said one more year...you said keep him around, how am I supposed to know how long you meant by that....:D

Bwana
11-14-2005, 09:52 PM
No I said one more year...you said keep him around, how am I supposed to know how long you meant by that....:D

Errrrrrrrrrr!

chiefs4me
11-14-2005, 10:18 PM
Errrrrrrrrrr!

:p

htismaqe
11-15-2005, 09:01 AM
Jarod Allen - Would look better with some solid DT play.
Kendrell Bell - Still young, give him a year or so to come back around.
Jordan Black - Not ready to give up on him yet and you need an OL.
Chris Bober - Only in his 6th season
Marc Boerigter - 4th year and just gets open and catches the ball
Dustin Colquitt - Duh.
Boomer Grigsby - Attitude to burn.
Carlos Hall - 4th year guy, may still be good
Dante Hall - Duh.
Derrick Johnson - Duh.
Larry Johnson - 3rd year, best RB under 30 on the team.
Kawika Mitchell - May yet become a player.
Kevin Sampson
Benny Sapp
Rich Scanlon - God please help me.
Lawrence Tynes - Seems to have turned it around
Brian Waters - Only in his 6th year, would be the OL anchor.
Kris Wilson - If he's so damn good let him prove it.

Craphonso Thorpe - Given another year on that leg he should be back to form.

Tony Richardson - AS THE GM.

We have some young players who can potentially be pretty good. I think the thing that scares me the most is relying on CP to find a new QB after Green. Nothing good can come from that. He also tends to f**k up his early round picks and that hurts the team more than we may ever know.

I agree.

ChiefsfaninPA
11-15-2005, 09:11 AM
This dude cries more that a newborn. That sappy stuff is starting to show in the way the team plays. How can these guys be motivated by a cry baby. Its time for Dick to take off his diaper and act like a real head coach.

Extra Point
11-15-2005, 09:13 AM
I agree.

I agree, too.

Mark M
11-15-2005, 10:55 AM
I say get rid of:

Car Peterson
Everyone under his direct control who is not a player or admin person -- that means scouting department ... entire coaching staff ... all the other VPs and assorted staff ... everyone.

I've been saying that for a while, though. IMHO, since Lamar is basically handed the team over to Clark, let Clark make it his own team.

In other words, blow it up and start over. Now, whether or not that'll be a good thing remains to be seen, but why the hell not?

It's not like we've won a case full of trophies with the current crew.

MM
~~:arrow: :sulk:

PastorMikH
11-15-2005, 11:02 AM
I'm ready for a change, but personally, I think it is time for Carl to pack too. If DV leaves, Carl will find a HC that will retain as much of the current staff as possible. Carl will also look for a buddy to give a job to and not someone that will get the job done. I'm tired of a lot of things that I see, and not all of them stop at DV, they go beyond him to the top.

I'm ready for the emphasis of the team to win, not just sell tickets.

Calcountry
11-15-2005, 11:06 AM
Nope I sure don't. I'm not willing to make change just for the sake of change however cause the last time we did that we ended up with Gunther. There has to be a quality person that you feel really good about or else you end up with some bum like Wandstadt and tag on another 3 or 4 do nothing seasons.Its not like it is our choice. Grandpa is gonna retire.

Calcountry
11-15-2005, 11:07 AM
I'm ready for a change, but personally, I think it is time for Carl to pack too. If DV leaves, Carl will find a HC that will retain as much of the current staff as possible. Carl will also look for a buddy to give a job to and not someone that will get the job done. I'm tired of a lot of things that I see, and not all of them stop at DV, they go beyond him to the top.

I'm ready for the emphasis of the team to win, not just sell tickets.For that to happen, you need a new owner. The game has passed guys like Lamar and Al Davis by.

PastorMikH
11-15-2005, 11:07 AM
Its not like it is our choice. Grandpa is gonna retire.

He was going to retire a few years back and changed his mind.

PastorMikH
11-15-2005, 11:08 AM
For that to happen, you need a new owner. The game has passed guys like Lamar and Al Davis by.

Seems like we do since Clark Hunt is over-seeing Lamar's holdings now.

Bwana
12-17-2005, 07:44 PM
Seems like the time to bump this.

VonneMarie
12-17-2005, 07:54 PM
NO. He can go home and piss in his wine for all I care.