PDA

View Full Version : Losing sucks

keg in kc
10-02-2005, 08:53 PM
Yes it does.

Especially when your team plays so well for a quarter. But one quarter of play won't beat many NFL teams, and Philly's a championship team.

'nuff said about the game.

Looking at the first quarter of the season, things are shaping up the way I expected them to. We're 2-2, and have fluctuated between looking great and looking horrible. Which is about what I expected. I think the bye is coming at the right time, and I hope to see the team begin to show signs of improvement and consistent play starting against the Redskins. I don't think 8-4 or 9-3 from this point on is out of the question, and I think that should be enough to win the division. And I think it will take winning the west to make the playoffs this year. We'll see how it shapes out, but I don't expect a wildcard team coming from the bunch.

I said the following several times in the offseason offseason, and I'm sticking to it:

I expected Oakland to start poorly, and finish 5-11 or 6-10. I still expect that.

I expected San Diego to play 8-8 or 9-7 ball this year. I still expect that. They are a quality team, but they aren't as good, in my opinion, as their record last year indicated. They have the roughest schedule in the division, and I think they'll win some games in an impressive manner (like today) but they'll lose their share, too.

I expected Denver to break out to a 6-2 or 7-1 start, and then completely fold in their last 8 games. I still expect that. I think they are, however, the team we'll have to beat in the win column to take the division. I see them finishing 9-7 or 10-6.

Most of the rest of the AFC is shaping up the way I thought it might.

But it won't matter if we don't pull things together and finish the year at least 11-5.

Don't get too low because of the last two weeks. 12 more to go, and I think we're a team that is more likely to get better than it is to get worse.

But it's only an opinion.

Hammock Parties
10-02-2005, 08:54 PM
I'm not TOO down.

We were 1-3 at this point last year. This year it seems like people are playing chicken little even moreso at 2-2.

ROYC75
10-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Hey, a few more wins and the homers will be in full swing .

Simplex3
10-02-2005, 08:57 PM
For me it's not that they're losing, it's the fact that they aren't showing any heart on either side of the ball. They just don't seem to get fired up even when crazy s**t is happening to them. They're flat. Roaf and Warfield coming back isn't going to suddenly give them leadership which they don't seem to have enough of.

MadMax
10-02-2005, 08:58 PM
I'm not TOO down.

We were 1-3 at this point last year. This year it seems like people are playing chicken little even moreso at 2-2.

It's not so much the losses, it's the way we have played that makes us take a look at this team and say WTF???

chiefs4me
10-02-2005, 09:00 PM
I hated hearing the way they were talking about the eagles on the fox....and losing does suck, especailly when you don't live with or around any other chiefs fans...:shake: :banghead:

keg in kc
I didn't mean that to come off as preachy. They played like shit the last couple of weeks. I don't think it's set in stone that they'll continue to play that way, however.

As for being soft or needing heart, I can't say. I'm not in the lockerroom or in their heads. There've been times this year where I thought this team was playing harder, more aggressive and violently than any I'd seen here since the mid-90's, but they can't sustain it. Yet. If they begin to, we'll be great. If they don't, we'll continue to dance with .500.

Otter
No offense Keg but I've read your game prediction threads.

:D

Halfcan
10-02-2005, 09:01 PM
Yep no heart.

dirk digler
10-02-2005, 09:01 PM
It's not so much the losses, it's the way we have played that makes us take a look at this team and say WTF???

Yep. If we lose to the Skins then we are in big trouble and not because the Skins are bad but if we can't pull it together coming out of a bye then we have serious problems.

Dunit35
10-02-2005, 09:02 PM

yea a month ago I wouldve been happy with 2-2...but the way the two losses came..makes me wonder what they were doing...

keg in kc
10-02-2005, 09:02 PM
No offense Keg but I've read your game prediction threads.Who's the bigger fool, the fool or the fool who follows him?

keg in kc
10-02-2005, 09:03 PM
Yep. If we lose to the Skins then we are in big trouble and not because the Skins are bad but if we can't pull it together coming out of a bye then we have serious problems.We shouldn't just beat the Redskins, we should dismantle them. That is a bad, bad team.

ROYC75
10-02-2005, 09:06 PM
Yep, Losing sucks with a performance like this one was. Especially when I could have been at the golf course being a non " Real Fan ". Right Carl ?

ROYC75
10-02-2005, 09:07 PM
We shouldn't just beat the Redskins, we should dismantle them. That is a bad, bad team.

But they beat Seattle today ........ says something about them. A good defensive team.

tk13
10-02-2005, 09:08 PM
I don't know, I didn't think we were nearly as "heartless" as we were Monday night. At least I don't think, we put some pretty good licks on people. We just couldn't execute, at all.

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-02-2005, 09:10 PM
loose 2 games and everyone forgets that you won 2 also

chefsos
10-02-2005, 09:11 PM
You'll have to take my word on this, as I haven't posted my opinions on it, but that's pretty much how I see it, too.

But, I will add this concern:

Some of the upcoming opponents now look better than they did before the season started. Washington, Miami, Cincy for example.
We won't be playing many of the teams who appear to have replaced them as dregs of the league, a.k.a. Arizona, Baltimore, the entire NFC Norris division. Eh, luck of the draw, I guess.

Skip Towne
10-02-2005, 09:13 PM
Yep, Losing sucks with a performance like this one was. Especially when I could have been at the golf course being a non " Real Fan ". Right Carl ?
I wish I'd gone to the golf course and taken a radio with me instead of wasting my time on that crap. I used to do that back in high school when the Chiefs were'nt on TV.

Simplex3
10-02-2005, 09:23 PM
loose 2 games and everyone forgets that you won 2 also
You whipped a bad Jets team.
You squeeked by an average Raidurs team.
You got stomped by an average Broncos team.
You were embarrased by a good Eagles team at home.

Not a lot to be thrilled about there.

keg in kc
10-02-2005, 09:24 PM
But they beat Seattle today ........ says something about them. A good defensive team.Joe Seahawk won't like to hear this, but Seattle is one of those teams that every year looks like they should be getting better, but they never actually do. I'm not sure why it is, something just isn't...right, there.

Hopefully we're not saying the same thing at the end of the year. "Damn, I thought we finally had something".

Joe Seahawk
10-02-2005, 09:33 PM
Joe Seahawk won't like to hear this, but Seattle is one of those teams that every year looks like they should be getting better, but they never actually do. I'm not sure why it is, something just isn't...right, there.

Hopefully we're not saying the same thing at the end of the year. "Damn, I thought we finally had something".

It's usually injuries that wipe us out, especially on defense.. So far we have been able to stay healthy this year..

Do not under estimate the Skins.. Brunell played smart today, with him they are so much more effective than they are with Ramsey also they can run the ball very well.. and their Defense is extremely good..

They are certainly not a terrible football team (like I thought)

They earned my respect today..

Joe Seahawk
10-02-2005, 09:43 PM
Clanking the winning FG off the upright as time expires sucks.. Also losing the overtime coin toss sucks. (Matt called Tails.. Can you believe that? you NEVER call tails.) :shake:

MadMax
10-02-2005, 09:44 PM
You whipped a bad Jets team.
You squeeked by an average Raidurs team.
You got stomped by an average Broncos team.
You were embarrased by a good Eagles team at home.

Not a lot to be thrilled about there.

ROFL! you are responding to Jihads soul mate. :p

Skip Towne
10-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Clanking the winning FG off the upright as time expires sucks.. Also losing the overtime coin toss sucks. (Matt called Tails.. Can you believe that? you NEVER call tails.) :shake:
I didn't know that. I've been laboring under the impression it comes up tails 50% of the time.

RealSNR
10-02-2005, 09:54 PM
I didn't know that. I've been laboring under the impression it comes up tails 50% of the time.Doesn't matter. You always pick heads.

Joe Seahawk
10-02-2005, 09:59 PM
Doesn't matter. You always pick heads.

yep..

chefsos
10-02-2005, 10:59 PM
yep..
..and then you say "We're gonna score, too!" That's very important.

:evil:

RealSNR
10-02-2005, 11:00 PM
..and then you say "We're gonna score, too!" That's very important.

:evil:Oooo ouch! ROFL

elvomito
10-02-2005, 11:37 PM
hold on i must have mist that.... carl peterson was playing golf and not at the chiefs game?

Mecca
10-02-2005, 11:43 PM
It's usually injuries that wipe us out, especially on defense.. So far we have been able to stay healthy this year..

Do not under estimate the Skins.. Brunell played smart today, with him they are so much more effective than they are with Ramsey also they can run the ball very well.. and their Defense is extremely good..

They are certainly not a terrible football team (like I thought)

They earned my respect today..

I'm sure Clinton Portis remembers playing the Chiefs in years past........ Our guy's are probably going to go cry in the corner thinking about facing him again.