PDA

View Full Version : For those of us who didn't see the game. Underachievers? Overachievers?

Frankie
10-02-2005, 09:10 PM
Who played worse than expectations? Who played as expected? Who played better? How was Parker?

Hammock Parties
10-02-2005, 09:21 PM
Kennison played well. Parker sucked.

Simplex3
10-02-2005, 09:26 PM
Parker is a joke. Everyone of the OL not in the starting 5 played below expectation. The DL was pretty much non-existant and the LB's were fending off offensive linemen. Nobody on D can figure out how to play on the goal line. I don't think anyone played better than they should have. I can't think of anyone who played as well as they should have off the top of my head. Maybe Kennison, but he's the #1 WR, he should do what he did.

listopencil
10-02-2005, 09:27 PM
Wow. Frankie starts a thread and gochiefs responds...and it's about football. Maybe the DC subforum going away was a good thing.

Frankie
10-02-2005, 09:35 PM
Wow. Frankie starts a thread and gochiefs responds...and it's about football. Maybe the DC subforum going away was a good thing.

Intelligent people can keep their issues separate. Politics are politics. Sports are sports.

NJ Chief Fan
10-02-2005, 09:38 PM
i thaught jared allen played real well today

CanadaKC
10-02-2005, 10:15 PM
Bell was invisible....Derrick Johnson wore out..but showed a alot of heart. Sammy Knight made a huge mistackle...which cost us bigtime. No one could cover Owens....he's that good...and the coaching was that bad. Larry Johnson has fumblitis suddenly...uh oh....was the turning point. Our WR's simply aren't good enough to make opposing defenses scared...and Gonzo is getting double teamed because of it.

Eleazar
10-02-2005, 10:43 PM
under: chiefs
over: eagles

Halfcan
10-02-2005, 11:57 PM
Yeah and Bush sucks and has not responded well to the hurican-whoops wrong thread.

Pants
10-03-2005, 12:05 AM
It always looks to me that the team just doesn't give a shit during certain points in the game. I was surprised to see them actually try during that last 1:48.

I wish the team started playing with some heart and not half-ass some of the plays. As much as I hate to say it, none of the FA's are performing as I was expecting them to perform, and I wasn't expecting that much... SIGH.

DeepSouth
10-03-2005, 07:06 AM
Parker is a joke. Everyone of the OL not in the starting 5 played below expectation. The DL was pretty much non-existant and the LB's were fending off offensive linemen. Nobody on D can figure out how to play on the goal line. I don't think anyone played better than they should have. I can't think of anyone who played as well as they should have off the top of my head. Maybe Kennison, but he's the #1 WR, he should do what he did.

Simp, I did not see the game but I did look at the stats. The Eagles only had 28 yard rushing. That tells me someone on the DL was doing something right.

Also, I noticed that the Chiefs starting offense only had one receiver (Kennison). They started the game with two TEs (Chris Wilson & Gonzalez). Wilson didn't catch a pass by the way.

And, Carlos Hall started in place of Hicks. They also started the game with only two LBs (Johnson & Mitchel) and three CBs (Surtain, McCleon, & Sapp).

Kind of seems like the coaches are over thinking everything and not accomplishing much.

Link for Starting Lineups;

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/gamebook/NFL_20051002_PHI@KC

jspchief
10-03-2005, 07:09 AM
Parker's hands are starting to bruise from batting down passes.

chagrin
10-03-2005, 07:12 AM
Parker's hands are starting to bruise from batting down passes.
ROFL

sparkky
10-03-2005, 07:20 AM
it is beginning to look like Parker couldn't catch the clap in a whore house.
poor route running can be coached but bad hands,,,,,,,,,,,,I don't know.

Chiefnj
10-03-2005, 07:20 AM
Simp, I did not see the game but I did look at the stats. The Eagles only had 28 yard rushing. That tells me someone on the DL was doing something right.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/gamebook/NFL_20051002_PHI@KC

The Eagles weren't even trying to run to the ball because McNabb wasn't getting pressured and they were moving the ball at will in the 2nd half. Even towards the end of the game with a lead and the need to start milking the clock, the Eagles were still throwing on first down. It wasn't a case of great DL play against the run, the Eagles gameplan was to pass no matter what and that was what they did and there wasn't anything KC could do to stop them.

jidar
10-03-2005, 07:28 AM
What's this commatard thing? Is that, I wonderHello - commatard on the loose. hrm
test...
testingHello - commatard on the loose.,

pft. figures.

Frankie
10-03-2005, 10:34 AM
It always looks to me that the team just doesn't give a shit during certain points in the game. I was surprised to see them actually try during that last 1:48.

I wish the team started playing with some heart and not half-ass some of the plays. As much as I hate to say it, none of the FA's are performing as I was expecting them to perform, and I wasn't expecting that much... SIGH.
I wonder how much that Oakland game took out of the Chiefs psychy. I was one who took that game and the coaches and players' gametime adjustments as a sign that this team is psychologically mature. I may have been wrong. It could also be that they left it all in Oakland.