PDA

View Full Version : And then the tide turned..........

Mr. Flopnuts
10-02-2005, 10:30 PM
24-6 ball at midfield 3 and a half to go in the first half and LJ fumbles the ball yet again. This sealed the deal. We go down and make it 31-6 halftime. We win this game HUGE. Believe it. I have argued for Larry, but in the last two weeks he has proven why Priest is our guy. F*ck the church backfield, just give me the Priest.

Halfcan
10-02-2005, 10:33 PM
Church backfield-you pray that LJ won't fumble the game away and Al will come to his senses and play Holmes more.

keg in kc
10-02-2005, 10:34 PM
The tide turned with Dante Hall's fumble, in my opinion. The air rushed out of the balloon.

And the pick 6 was the difference in the game.

And if someone had blocked on Larry's play, he might not have been hit a step after the handoff.

And if the secondary hadn't been repeatedly confused and leaving Owens uncovered in the second half...

Point being, it wasn't just one thing that lost the game. It was a collective effort.

MadMax
10-02-2005, 10:35 PM
24-6 ball at midfield 3 and a half to go in the first half and LJ fumbles the ball yet again. This sealed the deal. We go down and make it 31-6 halftime. We win this game HUGE. Believe it. I have argued for Larry, but in the last two weeks he has proven why Priest is our guy. F*ck the church backfield, just give me the Priest.

Have to agree Mike!!! Too sad to see them blow this game. Coaching blew this game big time though! :cuss:

DaFace
10-02-2005, 10:42 PM
I don't blame LJ for the losses by any means. This week's fumble wasn't even really his fault. However, it almost seemed like his fumbles were the point at which the Chiefs began to lose hope - in both games.

The Broncos were only up by 10 until that happened last week. After that, Chiefs didn't even seem to try and come back.

This week, (as mentioned) we were on a roll at 24-6. After the fumble, the team seemed to lose all the momentum they had.

Once again, not his fault. Just an observation.

Even aside from the fumbles, though, Priest has certainly been more productive the last couple games than LJ.

cdcox
10-02-2005, 10:49 PM
LJ seemed more concerned about getting his hands up to ward off the unblocked player than holding onto or going after the ball.

He's now got the rep of a fumbler and every D we face will be going after him. He needs to decide if he wants that tag to stick.

tk13
10-02-2005, 10:49 PM
I think the fumble was his fault. I think the reason he got flattened was because the ball was slipping out of his hands right off the bat, there was a good three yards between him and Kearse when he took the handoff. If he hangs onto it he's better prepared to take that hit. We should've overcome it though. We didn't. I don't think we should play pattycake and be nice and say "aw shucks LJ it isn't your fault", but his teammates should've stepped up and bailed him out, that didn't happen.

MadMax
10-02-2005, 10:52 PM
I think the fumble was his fault. We should've overcome it though. We didn't. I don't think we should play pattycake and be nice and say "aw shucks LJ it isn't your fault", but his teammates should've stepped up and bailed him out, that didn't happen.

Agreed, and I thought we had a better team than that, but I was wrong.... And that is what sucks. :cuss:

Halfcan
10-02-2005, 10:54 PM
Diaper Boy or Fumbler? Man that is a tough choice.