PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Johnnie Morton was better than everyone thought.

chop
10-03-2005, 08:27 AM
There have been a few drops by Parker that may have extended drives. Morton, for the most part, had pretty good hands. He was pretty good about keeping drives alive even if he didn't put up fantastic numbers. I'm wondering if the Chiefs really miss him right now.

ChiTown
10-03-2005, 08:29 AM
I got no idea about this "Johnnie Morton" fellar your talking about. However, we used to have a guy named Johnnie Johnson........

chop
10-03-2005, 08:30 AM
I got no idea about this "Johnnie Morton" fellar your talking about. However, we used to have a guy named Johnnie Johnson........

:D oops I forgot about the name change.

Hammock Parties
10-03-2005, 08:31 AM
Yep. We miss him, as much as I hate to say it. He was nails on third down last year.

RedThat
10-03-2005, 08:33 AM
Morton play last year definately outweighs Sammie Parkers performance this year. Never thought Id say this, but, miss Johnnie Morton.

ArrowheadHawk
10-03-2005, 08:34 AM
screw jonnie sammie will be the man quit doubting

Dartgod
10-03-2005, 08:36 AM
screw jonnie sammie will be the man quit doubting
Any idea when we can expect this to occur?

jspchief
10-03-2005, 08:36 AM
Johnnie Morton isn't better than anyone thought. He's just better than Samie Parker.

All the same, he wasn't worth 5 million per year.

redfan
10-03-2005, 08:43 AM
Better or worse, it was the right call to give Morton the boot. Sooner or later, the Chiefs are going to have to develop their own players.

Mr. Kotter
10-03-2005, 08:43 AM
No.

ArrowheadHawk
10-03-2005, 08:45 AM
week 6 and if not then then week 7 if not then than week 8 if not then tan week 9 ......and so on

Mr. Kotter
10-03-2005, 08:46 AM
week 6 and if not then then week 7 if not then than week 8 if not then tan week 9 ......and so on

Which year, 2007 or 2008? :hmmm:

StcChief
10-03-2005, 08:47 AM
He will come around or be gone.

Scaga
10-03-2005, 08:50 AM

The year after we release or trade him. :cuss:

~getting back on the FredEx bandwagon~

RedandGold
10-03-2005, 09:13 AM
I agree that Morton is/was better than Parker, but I'm still glad that he's gone. Our mistake--just like when we let Donnie Edwards go--is that we didn't replace him with a player of equal talent.

I expect us to sign FredEx over the bye, and he will work his way into the starting lineup before it's all said and done.

Eleazar
10-03-2005, 09:20 AM
I told you so...

I got called a pillow biter... was told he dropped more passes than he caught. That he couldn't get open.

Most of all, that Parker, Bo, and Wilson were going to make up his production and more.

Parker can't get open, can't catch, and doesn't look like he gives a rip. Bo has what, one catch on the season? Can't even break into the active list. Wilson is less of a weapon than Omar Easy was.

I'd take Morton back in a heartbeat.

Pitt Gorilla
10-03-2005, 09:52 AM
I told you so...

I got called a pillow biter... was told he dropped more passes than he caught. That he couldn't get open.

Most of all, that Parker, Bo, and Wilson were going to make up his production and more.

Parker can't get open, can't catch, and doesn't look like he gives a rip. Bo has what, one catch on the season? Can't even break into the active list. Wilson is less of a weapon than Omar Easy was.

I'd take Morton back in a heartbeat.Yup, I recall you being on this side as well. Morton usually had a couple of important catches every game. We're simply not getting that now. He was overpaid, but he was productive.

Eleazar
10-03-2005, 10:07 AM
Yup, I recall you being on this side as well. Morton usually had a couple of important catches every game. We're simply not getting that now. He was overpaid, but he was productive.

Yeah, I dont mean that Morton was great. But having him put up 60 or 80 yards and dropping a pass or two is better than running Parker out there to be invisible, except when he's fumbling or bouncing passes off his shoulderpads.

jspchief
10-03-2005, 10:09 AM
Yeah, I dont mean that Morton was great. But having him put up 60 or 80 yards and dropping a pass or two is better than running Parker out there to be invisible, except when he's fumbling or bouncing passes off his shoulderpads.Yea, but Morton is GHEY!!!one11eleven!!!11won!!!