PDA

View Full Version : If the playoffs started today...

donkhater
10-04-2005, 06:26 AM
...KC would be the last wildcard team!!!

OK, OK, I know this is silly, but just to illustrate that it is a long season and as bad as KC fans feel, there are other teams that feel even worse. Of course, this means we would go to Denver for a wildcard game. Destiny is in our hands!!!! :) :rolleyes: ROFL

STANDINGS (tiebreaker in parentheses)

1. Indy 4-0 (4-0 in AFC)
2. Cincy 4-0 (2-0 in AFC)
3. Denver 3-1
4. Miami 2-1 (Eastern divison champ)
5. Pittsburgh 2-1
6. Kansas City 2-2
7. New England 2-2
8. San Diego 2-2
9. Jacksonville 2-2
10. Baltimore 1-2 (0-0 in divison)
11. Cleveland 1-2 (0-1 in division)
12. Buffalo 1-3 (1-0 in AFC)
13. Tennessee 1-3 (1-2 in AFC)
14. NYJets 1-3 (1-3 in AFC)
15. Oakland 1-3 (0-3 in AFC)
16. Houston 0-3

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM
Three or More Clubs
(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)
1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.

Since KC is 1-1 in the division and SD is 0-1, SD is eliminated

2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)

Does not apply

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

KC 2-1, NE 2-1, Jacksonville 1-2. Jacksonville is eliminated.

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.

Does not apply

5. Strength of victory.

New England has 108 points scored against them, 87 for them= -21
KC has scored and allowed 91=0

KC wins tie-breaker

Yes you don't want to lose games and especially home games, but non-conference games are the ones to lose if you must.

Now everybody chant with me...

WE SUCK LESS, WE SUCK LESS, WE SUCK LESS!!!

chagrin
10-04-2005, 06:40 AM
If a frog had wings...

greg63
10-04-2005, 06:48 AM
...KC would be the last wildcard team!!!

OK, OK, I know this is silly...

You are absolutely correct.

cdcox
10-04-2005, 07:55 AM
I think next Tuesday I will be able to release a beta version of my playoff prediction software. Unlike previous years where I only posted the results, this year fans everywhere will be able to do their own forecasts. This year the forecasts will not only include playoff odds, but post season odds, and projected draft order as well. The beta version won't be quite as full featured as I utlimately indend, but I've got some some heavy deadlines in October at work, and I think it is more important to get my software out than to have a perfectly polished product.

Once you have the software, you will be able to have a good idea what the odds are of the Chiefs making the playoffs at the end of the season.

siberian khatru
10-04-2005, 07:56 AM
Take that, Proctor.

Bowser
10-04-2005, 07:57 AM
If your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle.