PDA

View Full Version : Was this Carl's best draft ever?

Chiefnj
09-20-2000, 01:49 PM
Perhaps a little premature, but it looks, in hindsight, that Carl had one heckuva draft this year.

Morris looks like the next Moss.
Pine Bluff hits like a mack truck.
Bartee and Dennis are playing very well for rookies.
Moreau has cracked the lineup.

Originally I was a bit skeptical about taking Wesley and Bartee so early in the draft, but Carl proved once again that he knows defensive talent.

Finally, I wonder if any of those draft publications that gave KC D's and F's will issue apologies?

Cormac
09-20-2000, 01:59 PM
Chiefnj,

It does look like the organization did a great job. Don't forget that Hall showed a little something in limited action, and Alford may be the biggest sleeper of them all! I am really glad he was good enough to make the roster.

Maybe more importantly, kudos to Gunther for helping choose and now playing these guys http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/eek.gif. It takes guts, and for all the things he does that bug me, this is one upside to his coaching I'd like to keep.

Cannibal
09-20-2000, 02:20 PM
I've been one of Carl's biggest critics in regards to his draft prowess. However, *so far* I must admit that this looks like an excellent draft.

If they give Moreau more PT and he produces, Carl may have found two of his "big 3".

But I do think it's very premature to call this a great draft. It's only been 3 games.

Warrior5
09-20-2000, 02:29 PM
Waitin' for Packfan to chime in...

Phobia
09-20-2000, 02:32 PM
It's close between this one & 97. Only time will tell.

Clint in Wichita
09-20-2000, 02:37 PM
Morris appears to be a very good pick, but IMO he's no Moss...

Maybe a Michael Irvin or Herman Moore.

Clint in Wichita
09-20-2000, 02:38 PM
That's Michael Irvin minus the crack, vibrators, hookers, and floor-length minks, of course.