PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Film Fans (Gaz and Others): Zombie HONEYMOON!

NewChief
10-06-2005, 06:54 AM
Just saw this on salon.com:

"Zombie Honeymoon": To love and to honor, in sickness and in living death

It would be hopelessly unfair not to spare a few words for Dave Gebroe's "Zombie Honeymoon," a highly disturbing combination of gruesome gore and earnest, tragic romance not encountered since David Cronenberg's "The Fly," if ever. While this low-budget feature begins as frenetic domestic comedy, with newlyweds De-nise (Tracy Coogan) and Danny (Graham Sibley) heading to the New Jersey shore to foment big plans for the future, it soon takes a sharp left turn. This isn't into the wacky mock-horror realm one expects, but rather into the serious-filmmaker terrain of love and loss. When Danny is attacked on the beach by a flesh-eating zombie (hey, it could happen) and comes back from the dead as a slavering ghoul, De-nise is faced with a fundamental dilemma: Can you still love the person you love after they've changed?

OK, there is some comedy here. Zombie Danny eats a travel agent with bad Harriet Miers makeup and leopard-print pants. But even that scene is sad! The young lovers go to buy tickets for their long-dreamed-of trip to Portugal, and Danny can't stop chowing down on human flesh long enough for that! Coogan and Sibley are absolutely terrific, the script is better than those of most horror movies I see, and after Gebroe settles down, the film's strange blend of tragedy and surreal gore, à la Dario Argento and Lucio Fulci, is surprisingly effective. For the right person, and you know who you are, this one's a must-see.

"Zombie Honeymoon" is now playing at the Pioneer Theater in New York. Other cities may follow.

Gaz
10-06-2005, 08:06 AM
I will put that on my list, thanks.

Here is another one:
http://www.dandbfilm.com/

xoxo~
Gaz
Zombie flick aficionado.

WolfDawg
10-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Sweet I love Zombie movies. have you ever seen The Dead Next Door.

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-06-2005, 04:56 PM
what a bout "dead and breakfast"

Rausch
10-06-2005, 04:58 PM
I will put that on my list, thanks.

Here is another one:
http://www.dandbfilm.com/

xoxo~
Gaz
Zombie flick aficionado.

:spock: