PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about hot tubs?

Raiderhater
10-08-2005, 05:45 PM
I'm going to fill my grandparents if I can figure out where to turn the damned thing on. I'm not finding a power button anywhere. Any ideas?

Also, what kind of chemicals are you suppose to put in these things? Are they super expensive? And if so, is there any harm in using the tub sans chemicals for a short period of time?

|Zach|
10-08-2005, 05:48 PM
I know girls love getting naked in them. I miss having a hot tub.

Bwana
10-08-2005, 05:49 PM
I don't know, but let me know when you figure it out. I am going to invest myself soon.

ChiefsFire
10-08-2005, 05:51 PM
dont put choclate pudding in them enough said

Raiderhater
10-08-2005, 05:52 PM
I know girls love getting naked in them. I miss having a hot tub.

Why do you think I am trying to get the damned thing filled?

This could have been so simple, but grandma had to go and be difficult. :grr:

keg in kc
10-08-2005, 05:53 PM
Great to have sex in.

Raiderhater
10-08-2005, 05:54 PM
You guys are soooo much help.

Lipschitz
10-08-2005, 05:54 PM
Listen closley, do not put bubble bath in it!!!

I've seen it, not a pretty sight.

I'd do a google search, you see the answers you can get here!!

keg in kc
10-08-2005, 05:55 PM
If you're short on money, just eat a bunch of beans and take a hot bath.

ChiefsFire
10-08-2005, 05:57 PM
If you're short on money, just eat a bunch of beans and take a hot bath.
run a hose from your car exhaust inside and pipe it into the tub,wont need any beer to get the chicks nekkid

keg in kc
10-08-2005, 05:58 PM
run a hose from your car exhaust inside and pipe it into the tub,wont need any beer to get the chicks nekkidOr dudes, in Jamie's case. I guess he figures if he's gonna be a f@gnet, he might as well do it in a hottub.

ChiefsFire
10-08-2005, 05:59 PM
Or dudes, in Jamie's case. I guess he figures if he's gonna be a f@gnet, he might as well do it in a hottub.

i wasnt gonna go there...butttttttttt oops

Dunit35
10-08-2005, 06:14 PM
I'm going to fill my grandparents if I can figure out where to turn the damned thing on. I'm not finding a power button anywhere. Any ideas?

Also, what kind of chemicals are you suppose to put in these things? Are they super expensive? And if so, is there any harm in using the tub sans chemicals for a short period of time?

whatever chemicals you need do not put too much in it...My friends step dad put to much in it once and it took forever for the scent to go away...couldnt open your mouth in the hot tub cause you would swallow a mouthful of chemicals.

C-Mac
10-08-2005, 06:23 PM

Probably shut off at the main breaker, go to Walmart and get Bromine tablets. Might invest in a test kit for later.

keg in kc
10-08-2005, 06:24 PM
Probabay shut off at the main breaker, go to Walmart and get Bromine tablets. Might invest in a test kit for later.Hey, that gives me another idea!

Go to walmart, buy a case of alka-selzer. Insta-hot tub.

Demonpenz
10-08-2005, 06:25 PM
i love getting the grandmas naked

Poster Nutbag
10-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Chlorine is a better way to go than bromine. Also, a local hot tub dealer should have a "water quality" sheet for your area. This will tell you how much PH balancer, Alkalinity adjuster and such you will need when you fill the tub with tap water. After the initial investment, the chemicals last a VERY long time.

Also, it CAN be very unhealthy to be in a tub with untreated water more than 48 hours. But if its just a weekend thing, you might save the money for the one time pleasure.

HemiEd
10-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Chlorine is a better way to go than bromine. Also, a local hot tub dealer should have a "water quality" sheet for your area. This will tell you how much PH balancer, Alkalinity adjuster and such you will need when you fill the tub with tap water. After the initial investment, the chemicals last a VERY long time.

Also, it CAN be very unhealthy to be in a tub with untreated water more than 48 hours. But if its just a weekend thing, you might save the money for the one time pleasure.

beat me to it, and the switch is probably on the inside, inconspicuous.

Skip Towne
10-08-2005, 08:11 PM
Is it even remotely possible the grandparents don't want Hader using it? Hence no instructions?

C-Mac
10-08-2005, 10:25 PM

Really? Why is that?

Chiefsrocker
10-09-2005, 01:49 AM
Ok I have had a hot tub for many years. It is really simple to get one going. First, it probably has a safety switch that orevents it from working without water in it, so fill it first. Use a garden hose and let it fill. Probably will take an hour oir so. After it is filled, check the breaker or maybe a swich in the control panel beneath the tub. Check the breaker box while you are at it and make sure the breaker is on there. By code, you have to have a GFI installed, so look for a second disconnect somewhere close to the tub. After this is done, get some bromine tablets, or "shock". Shock is an instant chemical addiditive that bring up the bromine level quickely. Bromine works better with hot water than chlorine, so it is prefered over chlorine. Next you wiull have to add a chemical that lowers or raises the Ph level. You should have a test kit which will tell you the PH level and bromine level. Add the correct PH additive, and let the tub heat up. this will take several hours. After it is ready to go, remember DO NOT WEAR ANYTHING COTTON OR DENIM! The soap in the cloth from washing them will come out and you will have foam up over your head. Swin trunks that arent denim work the best, or just go nekkid. Anyay, that should get ya going. After you are done, check the level of the bromine and PH aain and add what you need to add. Just dont shut off the tub before draining it in cold weather! Have fun!

Halfcan
10-09-2005, 01:51 AM
you are going to fill your Grandparents?

stumppy
10-09-2005, 01:55 AM
I know that Hotel Managers get really pissed when you fill them with baby oil.

Oh yea, I guess it's some kind of fire code violation to have more than 6 people staying the night in one room.

Raiderhater
10-09-2005, 07:42 PM
I hunted around earlier today and found the breaker today, that did the trick. Got the necessary chems at Wally World and am up and have been enjoying a good saok this eavening. My aching body thanks those of you who were helpful.

Simplex3
10-09-2005, 08:00 PM
I really want a sauna. Hot tubs and pools are too much work.

schneider221
10-09-2005, 08:22 PM
i work in a pool and hot tub store and you wanna make sure you always have some sort of sanitizer in the water(chlorin, bromine, ect.). you can get some pretty sick/painful rashes from unsanitized water.

Also if you are having problem getting you PH to stay in the ideal range you need to adjust your alkalinity.... here is a tip for any pool/spa alkalinity increaser is the same as just regular old baking soda

Raiderhater
10-09-2005, 08:25 PM
I really want a sauna. Hot tubs and pools are too much work.

I would LOVE to have a sauna.

carlos3652
10-09-2005, 08:32 PM
Hey hater, sorry I was late to help... wasnt on all weekend, If you need any help trouble shooting or anything PM me, I sell hot tubs in the US and in Europe.

I recommend Bromine rather then chlorine... and a PH balance Kit.

Let me know if I can help...

Raiderhater
10-09-2005, 08:39 PM
Hey hater, sorry I was late to help... wasnt on all weekend, If you need any help trouble shooting or anything PM me, I sell hot tubs in the US and in Europe.

I recommend Bromine rather then chlorine... and a PH balance Kit.

Let me know if I can help...

I got it figured out, thanks though. I went with Shock, whatever that actually qualifies as I have no clue. It was just cheaper than the bottle of Bromine.

Kerberos
10-09-2005, 09:06 PM
you have to go to tubgirl.com and invite her over for the Christening.

:D

KcMizzou
10-09-2005, 09:08 PM

. I'll bet I've heard that mentioned a hundred times. Still never had the nerve to check it out...

Raiderhater
10-09-2005, 09:09 PM

The email is on the way.

Raiderhater
10-09-2005, 09:10 PM
I'll bet I've heard that mentioned a hundred times. Still never had the nerve to check it out...

It's not THAT bad.

philfree
10-09-2005, 09:11 PM
I hunted around earlier today and found the breaker today, that did the trick. Got the necessary chems at Wally World and am up and have been enjoying a good saok this eavening. My aching body thanks those of you who were helpful.

Yeah it should have been on a designated circuit.....I assume you had it full of water before you flipped the breaker on. I'd hate for you to toast the heating element. I use Chlorine but I gotta swimming pool about 15' from the tub so by using the chlorine I don't get my pool water messing up my spa water and vice versa. I was taking flexaril(sp?)/ Cyclobenzipriz(generic) every day until I invested in my Spa and now I don't take any an as a matter of fact I haven't needed either for a while now. It was money well spent. My only regret is that when out there at night and I see a shooting star is that i'm not surrounded by babes. I guess being old and married is to blame for that. Not that that tub hasn't been occupied by several mostly naked peoples a time or two..............................but i was still married and knew better then to give a jealous green eyed blond a reason to go "Bobit" on me.

PhilFree:arrow:

Raiderhater
10-09-2005, 09:16 PM
Yeah it should have been on a designated circuit.....I assume you had it full of water before you flipped the breaker on. I'd hate for you to toast the heating element. I use Chlorine but I gotta swimming pool about 15' from the tub so by using the chlorine I don't get my pool water messing up my spa water and vice versa. I was taking flexaril(sp?)/ Cyclobenzipriz(generic) every day until I invested in my Spa and now I don't take any an as a matter of fact I haven't needed either for a while now. It was money well spent. My only regret is that when out there at night and I see a shooting star is that i'm not surrounded by babes. I guess being old and married is to blame for that. Not that that tub hasn't been occupied by several mostly naked peoples a time or two..............................but i was still married and knew better then to give a jealous green eyed blond a reason to go "Bobit" on me.

I wasn't about to fill the the thing if I couldn't get power to it. I flipped the breaker and flipped the switch to the anti-freeze mode to see if there was power and flipped it back off until I had water in there. The last thing I needed was jacuzzi full of water, a freeze, and no power. Not that the weater is supposed to be like that this week, but you know it would take a turn for the worse had I filled it and had no power.

Raiderhater
10-09-2005, 09:20 PM
I think I am going to go soak for a little while longer and go to bed. I found out on the drive up Friday that I have a funeral to attend tomorrow. Yea for me.

philfree
10-09-2005, 09:35 PM
I wasn't about to fill the the thing if I couldn't get power to it. I flipped the breaker and flipped the switch to the anti-freeze mode to see if there was power and flipped it back off until I had water in there. The last thing I needed was jacuzzi full of water, a freeze, and no power. Not that the weater is supposed to be like that this week, but you know it would take a turn for the worse had I filled it and had no power.

Yeah you don't wanna freeze it and bust the water lines. They drain fast though and ideally you'd turn on the power with the tub about 3/4th full and be fine. If the power failed you could trouble shoot for a short period of time and if the power never comes on you can just open the drain plugs(there should be two and the one that drains the heater is most important....they're both important) and it will drain in a short period of time. If you ever purchase your own spa be damn sure it's wired on the designated circuit and that the proper size of wiring is used. When I had mine wired the guy who did it was an employee of mine is an electrician. I told him the specifics but when he was in the middle of it he realized he didn't haven't enough 12-2 to reach so he used 14-2 and when i went to fire it up it pulled to much juice and the breaker wouldn't hold. Of course he had to do it again which sucked for him but hey......I told him that if he is on the job and gets the job done by using what he has and it's not dangerous or against code that's great but when you do something at the boss' house you do it exactly to spec. Close enough for rock and roll and gonna cut it.