PDA

View Full Version : So who wins their next World Series title first. Braves or Royals?

Deberg_1990
10-09-2005, 08:37 PM
So if you are a Braves fan, is the glass half empty or half full every year? 14 straight years winning their division and only 1 title?? It would seem they would have won about 2 or 3 more with the law of averages. How do they keep winning all these games and keep failing in the playoffs??

Simplex3
10-09-2005, 08:38 PM
Braves.

PS, I'm an engineer. The glass is neither half full or half empty. It's 2x too big.

tk13
10-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Today they just ran out of pitchers. Devine is way too young to last blow for blow with Clemens in that situation. He's got good stuff, needs more experience though.

chiefsfan987
10-09-2005, 08:54 PM
The Royals in 2012, but the Chiefs win a superbowl before both of them :)

dtebbe
10-09-2005, 09:01 PM
I'll stop short of calling myself a Braves fan, but I do like them, and follow them. I don't really care much for baseball, otherwise I would probably be a big Braves fan.

I've lived in Atlanta since 93' and followed them since moving to the Florida panhandle in 91'. I won't say I'm a braves fan, but to be honest they remind me alot of the 90's Chiefs. And most people here feel the same way about thier braves as we did/do about those Chiefs. It's better to be good every year, and not go all the way, than to go all the way once and then never sniff postseason again.

I think 14 division titles and 1 World Series win is pretty awesome by any measure, considering the teams that beat them in the World Series usually had a much higher payroll (Yankees).

I'm really disappointed this year more than any other, because they had a bunch of great rookies on that team just playing thier hearts out, it's not a bought team like the Red Sox or Yankees. That's the biggest difference, the Braves build thier success thru thier farm system, perhaps more than any other team in MLB.

Sucks to be a ATL sports fan today, for sure. The Falcons lose by 3, and the Braves get knocked out of the playoffs.

I know most of the rest of the country hate the Braves because of thier success, but at least they do it the right way, most of the stars on the Braves came up thru thier farm system, and that's the way it should be. And IMHO that's why the Braves have staying power.

DT

StcChief
10-09-2005, 09:04 PM
AAA Royals in Portland.

Raiderhater
10-09-2005, 09:06 PM
Considering the Braves actually make it to the post seasosn, I'll have to go with them.

HolmeZz
10-09-2005, 09:08 PM
So if you are a Braves fan, is the glass half empty or half full every year? 14 straight years winning their division and only 1 title?? It would seem they would have won about 2 or 3 more with the law of averages. How do they keep winning all these games and keep failing in the playoffs??

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

SCChief
10-09-2005, 09:15 PM
I'll stop short of calling myself a Braves fan, but I do like them, and follow them. I don't really care much for baseball, otherwise I would probably be a big Braves fan.

I've lived in Atlanta since 93' and followed them since moving to the Florida panhandle in 91'. I won't say I'm a braves fan, but to be honest they remind me alot of the 90's Chiefs. And most people here feel the same way about thier braves as we did/do about those Chiefs. It's better to be good every year, and not go all the way, than to go all the way once and then never sniff postseason again.

I think 14 division titles and 1 World Series win is pretty awesome by any measure, considering the teams that beat them in the World Series usually had a much higher payroll (Yankees).

I'm really disappointed this year more than any other, because they had a bunch of great rookies on that team just playing thier hearts out, it's not a bought team like the Red Sox or Yankees. That's the biggest difference, the Braves build thier success thru thier farm system, perhaps more than any other team in MLB.

Sucks to be a ATL sports fan today, for sure. The Falcons lose by 3, and the Braves get knocked out of the playoffs.

I know most of the rest of the country hate the Braves because of thier success, but at least they do it the right way, most of the stars on the Braves came up thru thier farm system, and that's the way it should be. And IMHO that's why the Braves have staying power.

DT

Amen. I am a Braves fan as well. And one thing that has me excited about this team is that those rookies this season are going to have a year under their belts next season.

All this team needed to go this year was a bullpen.

dtebbe
10-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Considering the Braves actually make it to the post seasosn, I'll have to go with them.

Yep, especially considering they've gone for the PAST 14 years! I'm sorry, but that is just amazing to me...

DT

ChiefsCountry
10-09-2005, 10:38 PM
AAA Royals in Portland.

The almighty St. Louser Crudinals have not won a World Series since 1982. ROFL

Miles
10-09-2005, 11:22 PM
The almighty St. Louser Crudinals have not won a World Series since 1982. ROFL

And the royals havent made the playoffs in 20 years. The WS trash talk is really weak.

ChiefsCountry
10-09-2005, 11:48 PM
And the royals havent made the playoffs in 20 years. The WS trash talk is really weak.

It might be, but it shuts Cardinal fans up. :)

Miles
10-09-2005, 11:57 PM
It might be, but it shuts Cardinal fans up. :)

Shure it does. The NFL equivalent would be something like Bears talking shit to Eagles fans about that super bowl the won a long ass time ago. Oh yeah but the bears have at least made the playoffs and won a game since.

tommykat
10-10-2005, 12:03 AM
As a Chief fan, a CARDNIALS fan never shuts up! :D Go Cards!!!

greg63
10-10-2005, 12:20 AM
Braves. Royals haven't even had a winning season since the World Series win in 1985.

chiefsfan987
10-10-2005, 12:54 AM
Braves. Royals haven't even had a winning season since the World Series win in 1985.

Just a bit of Royals trivia for you: Since 1985 the Royals have posted winning seasons in 1987, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, suffered a long drought and then posted another in 2003. Although its not much, its seven more winning seasons than you're giving them credit for.

greg63
10-11-2005, 09:53 PM
Just a bit of Royals trivia for you: Since 1985 the Royals have posted winning seasons in 1987, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, suffered a long drought and then posted another in 2003. Although its not much, its seven more winning seasons than you're giving them credit for.

Didn't realize that, well I guess that's something. :)