PDA

View Full Version : Falcons | Hartwell Done for the Year

Bill Lundberg
10-10-2005, 10:25 AM
Falcons | Hartwell Done for the Year
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 08:48:12 -0700

Updating ongoing reports, Atlanta Falcons head coach Jim Mora said LB Edgerton Hartwell (Achilles') suffered a torn Achilles' tendon during Week 5 and will miss the remainder of the season. He is scheduled to have surgery Monday, Oct. 10.

keg in kc
10-10-2005, 10:27 AM
Hate seeing anybody go down.

I'd heard mixed-to-negative things on how he was playing for them. Not bad, per se, but not great. Really slow apparently.

Ironic that he'd go down before Bell. Couple of free agent busts through 4/5 games. Hopefully Kendrell finds his way.

HolmeZz
10-10-2005, 10:36 AM
DAMNIT CARL. :cuss:

Hoover
10-10-2005, 10:36 AM
Carl is stupid for not signing this guy......

Iowanian
10-10-2005, 10:38 AM
He was pretty much Invisible in that Defense...not unlike the "injury plagued glass jaw" LB the Chiefs signed has been to date.

htismaqe
10-10-2005, 10:45 AM
The Falcons run defense hasn't been good this year -- it hasn't even been close to in recent years.

The fans aren't particularly fond of Hartwell.

http://www.falcfans.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

dsgreene285
10-10-2005, 10:51 AM
As well as being a first time poster (new to chiefsplanet), I'm a Chiefs fan living in Atlanta. I've watched Hartwell all season, mainly to see what we might have missed out on. He has impressed me. While he may not be the fastest LB, he eats up offensive lineman. Atlanta's defensive lineman benefit from him big time as it reduces the number of double teams that the OL can call. This accounts for Atlanta's high sack totals for the season.

All in all, though, Bell probably has more upside.

Pitt Gorilla
10-10-2005, 10:55 AM
As well as being a first time poster (new to chiefsplanet), I'm a Chiefs fan living in Atlanta. I've watched Hartwell all season, mainly to see what we might have missed out on. He has impressed me. While he may not be the fastest LB, he eats up offensive lineman. Atlanta's defensive lineman benefit from him big time as it reduces the number of double teams that the OL can call. This accounts for Atlanta's high sack totals for the season.

So, he's an adequate D-lineman?

dsgreene285
10-10-2005, 11:12 AM
Yea...if that's how you want to look at it. He may not make a lot of tackles, but he always draws a double team.

I'd sure like to see Kawika's game rise to the point that he gets double teamed once in awhile.

the Talking Can
10-10-2005, 11:57 AM

that makes no sense