PDA

View Full Version : At what point do you simply stop watching?

ZepSinger
10-10-2005, 10:54 AM
Is there a point in a dismal Chiefs season at which you say to yourself 'I'm done watching. I can't take the heartbreak. I'm going to just enjoy my kids/the fall/the wife/etc. for the rest of the season.'

Just curious. Of course that's never happened to me. :rolleyes:

Z

Katipan
10-10-2005, 10:55 AM
No, if I give up on the season, the games are less stressful and are still fun. Albeit in a different way.

Rain Man
10-10-2005, 10:59 AM
Nope. I just keep on watching.

When I was young and mercurial, I would occasionally get so ticked off that I'd turn off the TV set, but then ten minutes later I'd turn it back on.

Skip Towne
10-10-2005, 11:02 AM
Nope. I just keep on watching.

When I was young and mercurial, I would occasionally get so ticked off that I'd turn off the TV set, but then ten minutes later I'd turn it back on.
You actually lasted 10 minutes?

ROYC75
10-10-2005, 11:03 AM
Yep, head for the links to tee it up. If they can't entertain me the way I want, I find my own sourse of entertainment.

Rain Man
10-10-2005, 11:04 AM
You actually lasted 10 minutes?

Well, maybe I was exaggerating. But I bet I made it at least five minutes a few times during the Gansz era.

Rausch
10-10-2005, 11:06 AM
Haven't given up yet.

cdcox
10-10-2005, 11:08 AM
Once I realize that I've "lost it" I'll usually turn it off for the day. Hopefully last week will fill my quota for the season on that. But I'm always back for the following week. And I aways watch all the playoffs whether the Chiefs are in them or not.

NewChief
10-10-2005, 11:10 AM
Since my wife and I started dating, our Falls have been pretty much consumed with football. In all honesty, I'm getting pretty ready to have my Falls back.

Fall, for me, used to be about hunting, fishing, camping, backpacking. It's the best time to be outdoors in Arkansas. No more bugs. No more poison ivy. Temperatures have dropped. Not too much rain.

We did get out camping this week for the Bye. We're probably going to go camping in two weeks as well, since the game is away.

htismaqe
10-10-2005, 11:10 AM
I was almost there after the Philly game.

Brock
10-10-2005, 11:14 AM
The bad thing is they will probably bury the Redskins, giving some of you a false sense of hope.

Iowanian
I stop watching around Feb.

Cormac
Nope. I will always watch. Sometimes without Sunday Ticket it's hard to get to see all the games, but if I can, I watch. Even if they were 0-15, I'd still watch to see the young players get in the last game.

It's sad really :shake:

ChiefsOne
I always watch til the bitter end, with a little glimer of hope.

Saulbadguy
Don't stop...believing!

Rain Man
10-10-2005, 11:15 AM
Once I realize that I've "lost it" I'll usually turn it off for the day. Hopefully last week will fill my quota for the season on that. But I'm always back for the following week. And I aways watch all the playoffs whether the Chiefs are in them or not.

I always boycott the first round of the playoffs, unless the Chiefs are in, in which case I then boycott the second round of the playoffs.

Eleazar
10-10-2005, 11:17 AM
I never quit watching.

Dartgod
10-10-2005, 11:23 AM
I always boycott the first round of the playoffs, unless the Chiefs are in, in which case I then boycott the second round of the playoffs.
I'll bet you were really pissed that you missed that Houston game back in '93.

Rain Man
10-10-2005, 11:25 AM
I'll bet you were really pissed that you missed that Houston game back in '93.

That game threw my whole system out of whack.

Mr. Laz
10-10-2005, 11:32 AM
At what point do you simply stop watching?
nope, just can't stop ... no matter what the pain level

its dang near heartbreaking to try and stop watching a single game or even a quarter.

Fish
10-10-2005, 11:35 AM
When I'm really pissed, I will once in a while turn the channel when the other team is taking a knee to run the clock out....

But win or lose, I still love the Chiefs!!!!

keg in kc
10-10-2005, 11:37 AM
I don't stop watching, but I certainly become less interested. I'm not a "play for fun" kind of guy, winning is the only thing that matters. I don't waste time on a loser. Or at least I don't waste as much time.

ChiTown
10-10-2005, 11:44 AM
No matter what, I can't stop watching. It's like a traffic accident, I just can't help myself.

journeyscarab
10-10-2005, 11:45 AM
All the way to the point where they clean out their lockers.

Bearcat
10-10-2005, 12:01 PM
If I go to a game I stay until the end (even though I've never witnessed a drubbing like @Denver in person, so who knows then...).

I turn every game on, and if it gets ugly I'll stop watching. There's no prize for number of bad Chiefs games sat through entirely. Besides, Carl doesn't give a sh*t about you anyway ;)

HemiEd
10-10-2005, 12:24 PM
The only time I have ever quit watching a Chiefs game was last year against New Orleans. I usually watch every minute of every game, 13-3 or 6-10. But that game, we refused to put our foot on their throats, refused to win it. I went out and mowed the yard, **** I was pissed. I would make one swipe of the yard and come back in a check. I did that until the whole yard was mowed and the game was over.

Hammock Parties
10-10-2005, 12:32 PM
I have watched every minute of every Chiefs game starting with the middle of the 2001 season. The only game I have missed was the Jets game in the Meadowlands where we came back in the last minute.

It wasn't being locally broadcast and I couldn't make it to the bar that day because I RAN OUT OF MOTHERF*CKIN GAS IN THE DRIVEWAY! :cuss:

I have had a few bad dreams where I was missing the Chiefs game for one reason or another. It's definitely a phobia of mine.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-10-2005, 12:38 PM
How could you walk away from a possible Dante return
Derrick Johnson maturing
Patrick Surtain
Priest Holmes/Larry Johnson
a Trent Green block
ect

jidar
10-10-2005, 12:45 PM
I will sometimes get angry enough to shut off a game early, but I always watch them.
I'll watch every game till the day I die.

KChiefsQT
10-10-2005, 12:51 PM
NEVER!!

Someone recently told me that I am up for a LIFETIME of dissapointment as a Chiefs fan. :shake: :cuss: :banghead:

Dartgod
10-10-2005, 01:02 PM
The only game I have missed was the Jets game in the Meadowlands where we came back in the last minute.

It wasn't being locally broadcast and I couldn't make it to the bar that day because I RAN OUT OF MOTHERF*CKIN GAS IN THE DRIVEWAY! :cuss:

If you would have just stopped in at that party the night before, instead of circling the block for hours, you would have had enough gas left to make it to the bar.

:p

Dunit35
10-10-2005, 01:17 PM
always watch, never will quit turning it off. Something cool might happen and Id miss it, if I quit watching it.

Halfcan
10-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Its like a bad car wreck-you can't help but look.

morphius
10-10-2005, 10:46 PM
I was almost there after the Philly game.
For the first time ever I felt pretty close to that after that game. But I'm a glutton for punishment.

tk13
10-10-2005, 10:46 PM
We're 2-2... I'm not nearly in the state of disarray some of the fans here seem to be in. I think we're going to win this weekend, I haven't felt that way the last couple weeks. I think getting Roaf back is going to be a massive boost, we'll see....

Fishpicker
10-10-2005, 10:52 PM
Is there a point in a dismal Chiefs season at which you say to yourself 'I'm done watching. I can't take the heartbreak. I'm going to just enjoy my kids/the fall/the wife/etc. for the rest of the season.'

Just curious. Of course that's never happened to me. :rolleyes:

Z

I'm going to just enjoy my kids/the fall/the wife/etc

i gave up on the wife and kids long ago... I'll stick with the chiefs

joesomebody
10-11-2005, 06:02 AM
Nah I never give up... play off contention is a beautiful thing, but they are still my football team regardless of their record, and I always watch my football team.

Hell my 89 year old great grandmother watches every game, so I guess it just runs in my family... what can I say, we bleed red....

Area 51
10-11-2005, 06:14 AM
First, I can't believe anyone would even ask such a question only 4 games into the season. This team may need some time to gel. The Eagles are a good team and the Chiefs were just not ready, all Chiefs - coaches and players.

Second. If you can't handle the current situation that puts you in a category that is very undesirable.

If the Chiefs go 0-16, I'll be there. If they go 16-0, I'll be there. Anywhere inbetween, I'll be there.

Gaz
10-11-2005, 06:29 AM
...If the Chiefs go 0-16, I'll be there. If they go 16-0, I'll be there. Anywhere inbetween, I'll be there.

Me, too.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not very original this morning.

Fire Me Boy!
10-11-2005, 06:38 AM
Never give up. Never surrender.

Extra Point
10-11-2005, 06:43 AM
Reminds me of the game a few years back when Grigsby was so drunk upon calling a Denver game. I was working outside b/c the game was blacked out or something. I just remember that Grigsby said how sick he was HAVING to be in the booth to call that game.... Another memorable moment from the 80's....