PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how much the Broncos spend paying off refs each game?

ChiefsKing
10-10-2005, 03:39 PM
Forget their record. It doesn't mean anything because they cheat. The game against Washington was really bad. I couldn't believe how one team gets the award on so many blown calls. The saftey that was taken away left me speachless. I still don't get it. Everytime I watch the browncows I start thinking that the game has to be paid off. I think there should at least be an investigation thats all I'm saying.

Rain Man
10-10-2005, 03:46 PM
That call against Moss where he briefly touched one of the Broncos' midgets before catching a touchdown was ridiculous.

For that matter, so was the call on the safety that cost Washington two points. Plummer flat-out dropped that ball, and they called it an incomplete pass. I honestly think that the refs here get threatened before the game or something.

ck_IN
10-10-2005, 03:51 PM
:hmmm: I don't think the Chiefs or their fans should <u>ever</u> talk about officials favourtism considering all the calls the Chiefs have gotten since DV came around.

It seems like at least once a game the Chiefs get a close call that isn't that close. I refer to it as the NFL's Dick Vermeil benefit plan.

vailpass
10-10-2005, 03:53 PM
We pay the refs with the tears of our rivals. Thank you for your generous contribution.

JBucc
10-10-2005, 03:54 PM
Plummer gives the refs buttsecks before the game. And the rest of the team watches

munkey
10-10-2005, 03:56 PM
:hmmm: I don't think the Chiefs or their fans should <u>ever</u> talk about officials favourtism considering all the calls the Chiefs have gotten since DV came around.

It seems like at least once a game the Chiefs get a close call that isn't that close. I refer to it as the NFL's Dick Vermeil benefit plan.

WTF are you talking about?

|Zach|
10-10-2005, 03:57 PM
This is just sour grapes.

I don't believe they get favored for a second.

Rain Man
10-10-2005, 04:01 PM
This is just sour grapes.

I don't believe they get favored for a second.

Go away. Your opinion isn't welcomed here.

ck_IN
10-10-2005, 04:02 PM
<i>WTF are you talking about?</i>

The most recent blatent example is the PI call on Moss. I despise that other Bay area team as much as anyone but that PI call on Moss was totally bogus. It also handed us the game.

The worst examples came from the 03 season. We were handed at least two games by officials when blocking in the back on Hall returns stopped being illegal.

Don't get me wrong, I'll take the wins but crying about officials calls favouring other teams is beyond the pale.

Rain Man
10-10-2005, 04:06 PM
That's not a pro-Chiefs call, ck_In, that's an anti-Rai ders call. Weird Al really needs to stop the stupid lawsuits.

tk13
10-10-2005, 04:09 PM

The most recent blatent example is the PI call on Moss. I despise that other Bay area team as much as anyone but that PI call on Moss was totally bogus. It also handed us the game.

The worst examples came from the 03 season. We were handed at least two games by officials when blocking in the back on Hall returns stopped being illegal.

Don't get me wrong, I'll take the wins but crying about officials calls favouring other teams is beyond the pale.
In the end that evened out because he pushed off on the long TD he actually got.... usually it all evens out in the end.

Rain Man
10-10-2005, 04:10 PM
In the end that evened out because he pushed off on the long TD he actually got.... usually it all evens out in the end.

I'm hoping that the holding call on Szott in the playoffs a dozen years ago will even out soon.

ChiefsKing
10-10-2005, 04:18 PM
The broncos o-line get away with more than any team period. And that saftey call reverse was pathetic and sad. he tucked the ball and fumbled and everyone knew it. The one ref that fell down and hit his head, I thought it was funny how he goes over to the denver sidelines and starts shaken everyones hand telling them he will make sure they win the game know matter what. Denver made sure he came back in. but he hit his head so hard he started making better calls.

penguinz
10-10-2005, 04:18 PM
That call against Moss where he briefly touched one of the Broncos' midgets before catching a touchdown was ridiculous.

For that matter, so was the call on the safety that cost Washington two points. Plummer flat-out dropped that ball, and they called it an incomplete pass. I honestly think that the refs here get threatened before the game or something.
That is the pathetic tuck rule. If the arm has started to move forward then it is incomplete. Even if he is trying to pull the ball back in.

KChiefsQT
10-10-2005, 04:22 PM
With Shanahan's cheap rat ass, I'd say fiddy bucks... EACH!!

morphius
10-10-2005, 04:24 PM
That is the pathetic tuck rule. If the arm has started to move forward then it is incomplete. Even if he is trying to pull the ball back in.
Yup, stupid ass rule.

Phobia
10-10-2005, 04:26 PM
Probably at least a large portion of their salary cap, or a 2nd round pick - whichever is greater.

morphius
10-10-2005, 04:29 PM
I still thought the worst call of the game was the no-call on Al Wilson on one of the most obvious PI calls I have ever seen.

stevieray
10-10-2005, 04:31 PM
I still thought the worst call of the game was the no-call on Al Wilson on one of the most obvious PI calls I have ever seen.

right in front of a ref.

KC Dan
10-10-2005, 04:35 PM
right in front of a ref.
Took long enough for your arrival here....ROFL

Lonewolf Ed
10-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Forget their record. It doesn't mean anything because they cheat. The game against Washington was really bad. I couldn't believe how one team gets the award on so many blown calls. The saftey that was taken away left me speachless. I still don't get it. Everytime I watch the browncows I start thinking that the game has to be paid off. I think there should at least be an investigation thats all I'm saying.

How much does it cost them? Well, if the refs are Donkey fans, not much. If they are not Donkey fans, then it costs more.

Mile High Mania
10-10-2005, 04:56 PM
Weird. Denver had 2 huge defensive penalties called on them during that final TD drive for the Skins.

ChiefsKing
10-10-2005, 05:01 PM
Weird. Denver had 2 huge defensive penalties called on them during that final TD drive for the Skins.

Only after a ref was knocked in the head and forgot he was suppossed to still throw the game.

Mr. Kotter
10-10-2005, 05:04 PM
NFL refs are gay. Most Broncos players and coaches have dirty knees.

Draw your own conclusion. ;)

Wile_E_Coyote
10-10-2005, 05:06 PM
they don't get chop blocked if the calls go the right way

Fish
10-10-2005, 05:11 PM
Anybody think they'll ever eliminate human refs and use a camera/replay strategy?

Mile High Mania
10-10-2005, 05:13 PM
Only after a ref was knocked in the head and forgot he was suppossed to still throw the game.

It would be sad if guys like you and Stevie really believed all your thoughts about refs and Denver. It works for bulletin board fodder, but that's about all...

ChiefsKing
10-10-2005, 05:22 PM
It would be sad if guys like you and Stevie really believed all your thoughts about refs and Denver. It works for bulletin board fodder, but that's about all...

Oh I am sure it goes much higher than that. Tags has a thing for denver and Indy. No other team that I am aware of is allowed to wear vaseoline on their uniforms, or not wear the right uniform to away games, or do whatever they want with the salary cap.

go bo
10-10-2005, 05:46 PM
It would be sad if guys like you and Stevie really believed all your thoughts about refs and Denver. It works for bulletin board fodder, but that's about all...have you ever been to a denver game with fde?

you wouldn't have to wonder... ROFL ROFL ROFL

Garcia Bronco
10-10-2005, 05:52 PM

First off...let me correct somthing here...It's spelled Broncos...if you don't believe me....check the back of your o-line's jerseys. Two...it was shitty game by the ref crew...one of the worst I've seen. Having said that...they didn't magically become an expert crew in favor of the Broncos. The Broncos got hosed on some calls too. Third....it's a forward pass until the ball is tucked away. Odd that you slam them for a call they actually got right. But I tell you what...it's your turn to play the Skins..good luck....you're going to need it.

SLAG
10-10-2005, 05:58 PM
First off...let me correct somthing here...It's spelled Broncos...if you don't believe me....check the back of your o-line's jerseys. Two...it was shitty game by the ref crew...one of the worst I've seen. Having said that...they didn't magically become an expert crew in favor of the Broncos. The Broncos got hosed on some calls too. Third....it's a forward pass until the ball is tucked away. Odd that you slam them for a call they actually got right. But I tell you what...it's your turn to play the Skins..good luck....you're going to need it.

ok whatever... I like to live in the past....

So I will now Draw your attention to my Avatar

Thank you

stevieray
10-10-2005, 06:29 PM

ya, Al Wilson definitely didn't commit PI on that play.

HemiEd
10-10-2005, 06:44 PM

How about the offensive pass interference against Tony G against the Colts in the 03 season playoff game that took away a TD?
How about the push off by Moss on Sammy Knight this year on the TD that he did get to keep?
I do not think calls are consistent for any team, the refs are part time last I heard. We have as many go against us as for us IMO.

go bo
10-10-2005, 06:45 PM
go get 'em stevie... :toast: :toast: :toast: