PDA

View Full Version : Go see Serenity

cookster50
10-10-2005, 07:24 PM
I know there is another Serenity thread, but I don't care. This is a shout out to all my Chiefsplanet homies to go see Serenity! Excellent movie.

KcMizzou
10-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Haven't seen the movie yet. I did get the DVD boxed set of the series, though. I've watched the first 5 episodes, and love it so far.

Deberg_1990
10-10-2005, 08:06 PM
Better hurry....ive heard the movie is coming to DVD around December 20th and will be disappearing from theaters quick due to underperforming box office. I love the series, its to bad more people havent seen the movie. Its more of a "niche" movie though, not something the masses will ever love.

Tribesman
10-10-2005, 08:08 PM
Sorry but I thought the movie sucked a$$. I walked out after about 30 minutes of torture. IMO the acting was horrible. One scene that stuck in my mind was when the captain of the renegade vessel asked a disgruntled crew member "Do you wanna pilot this ship?" To which the crew member answered "Yes". And the captain replied "Well, you can't". :Lin:

KcMizzou
10-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Yeah... odds are that I'll have to wait for the DVD. I don't get to the theater often.

I was saying in the other thread... I'll bet they make a killing on DVD. The show had a cult following in the first place, and it's only becoming larger. The movie's created alot of buzz online, and I'll bet they've picked up a lot of new fans. (like myself)

By the time I get the movie on DVD.. they'll have 60$ of my money. I suspect they have a lot of other people's too.

Deberg_1990
10-10-2005, 08:13 PM
If anyone wants to watch the 1st nine minutes of the movie, here it is:

http://video.vividas.com/CDN1/3929_Serenity/web/index.html

Shag
10-10-2005, 08:33 PM
Sorry but I thought the movie sucked a$$. I walked out after about 30 minutes of torture. IMO the acting was horrible. One scene that stuck in my mind was when the captain of the renegade vessel asked a disgruntled crew member "Do you wanna pilot this ship?" To which the crew member answered "Yes". And the captain replied "Well, you can't". :Lin:

<a href="http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=comedy">com·e·dy</a>

leviw
10-10-2005, 08:36 PM
I know there is another Serenity thread, but I don't care. This is a shout out to all my Chiefsplanet homies to go see Serenity! Excellent movie.

So what you're saying is...

"Serenity, now! SERENITY, NOW!"

jcl-kcfan2
10-10-2005, 09:23 PM
People, Serenity is what Serenity is...

A very good time - dramatic moments - comedic moments - action scenes - plot twists - excellent writing and directing.

It won't win any Oscars, but it will be one of the more enjoyable times youve had in the theater in a while (theater sex notwithstanding).

cookster50
10-11-2005, 07:44 AM
There are things that go BUMP in the day.

Lzen
10-11-2005, 08:42 AM

Apparently, you couldn't tell good acting from the hole in your butt. It was supposed to be that way. The captain was asking the question, but not actually looking for an answer. When the crew member answered "yes", he was caught off guard. I'm guessing you've been assimilated into the typical Hollywood lame stuff that they feed the general public.

I went to the new theaters here and saw Serenity on Friday. That was a damn fine movie. One of the few movies that I feel is worth the $8 to see. Well, I actually got supersaver passes, which were only $5.

Anymore, I'm very picky about going to the theater to see a movie. I hate paying the price for a movie only to be pissed off and/or disappointed. For instance, the Doom movie that they previewed will get some people interesed. My wife was saying that it looks good. I told her that movies based on video games aren't usually very good. We would wait until it came out on dvd to see it. She said "it has The Rock in it and that should make it good". I said "we'll waid until it comes out on dvd". I'm pretty certain that movie won't be worth the price of admission.

Swanman
10-11-2005, 09:00 AM
Anymore, I'm very picky about going to the theater to see a movie. I hate paying the price for a movie only to be pissed off and/or disappointed. For instance, the Doom movie that they previewed will get some people interesed. My wife was saying that it looks good. I told her that movies based on video games aren't usually very good. We would wait until it came out on dvd to see it. She said "it has The Rock in it and that should make it good". I said "we'll waid until it comes out on dvd". I'm pretty certain that movie won't be worth the price of admission.

I think Doom will be pretty good for a video game movie. The main problem with video game movies is that they depart too much from what the video game is about (the first Resident Evil was terrible in this regard). But it looks like Doom will be just like the video game, complete with some first-person views like in the game. And while the Rock won't be winning Oscars anytime soon, he is an entertaining presence.

Lzen
10-11-2005, 09:42 AM
I think Doom will be pretty good for a video game movie. The main problem with video game movies is that they depart too much from what the video game is about (the first Resident Evil was terrible in this regard). But it looks like Doom will be just like the video game, complete with some first-person views like in the game. And while the Rock won't be winning Oscars anytime soon, he is an entertaining presence.

Oh I agree that it might be alright. Hell, I liked the first Resident Evil movie. But I would not have paid movie theater admission prices to see it. I did think the first person shooter camera angles were kinda cool for a movie. Still, I'm going to wait until it comes to dvd to see it.

Wrasse
10-11-2005, 09:57 AM
Apparently, you couldn't tell good acting from the hole in your butt. It was supposed to be that way. The captain was asking the question, but not actually looking for an answer. When the crew member answered "yes", he was caught off guard. I'm guessing you've been assimilated into the typical Hollywood lame stuff that they feed the general public.

I went to the new theaters here and saw Serenity on Friday. That was a damn fine movie. One of the few movies that I feel is worth the $8 to see. Well, I actually got supersaver passes, which were only $5.

ROFL

Serenity rocks...pure and simple. It's a sci-fi movie that really makes you feel for the characters, IMHO.

As for Doom...the fiance is the same way, "Oh look! The Rock has his shirt off! We're going to see this flick!" Now I don't mind watching a mindless action flick every so often so it's cool (although I'm thinking the movie will semi-suck).

** is still breathing a sigh of relief for not having to purchase the "Be Cool" DVD **

Hammock Parties
10-11-2005, 10:01 AM
BTW, how is the soundtrack?

Brock
10-11-2005, 10:02 AM
Apparently, you couldn't tell good acting from the hole in your butt. It was supposed to be that way. The captain was asking the question, but not actually looking for an answer. When the crew member answered "yes", he was caught off guard.

Very Matthew Perry-ish.

Lzen
10-11-2005, 10:15 AM
Very Matthew Perry-ish.

Huh?

patteeu
10-11-2005, 10:37 AM
My wife was saying that it looks good. I told her that movies based on video games aren't usually very good. We would wait until it came out on dvd to see it. She said "it has The Rock in it and that should make it good". I said "we'll waid until it comes out on dvd". I'm pretty certain that movie won't be worth the price of admission.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that if you go see DOOM, your chances of getting laid that night will go up 97.5%. Just a hunch. ;)

patteeu
10-11-2005, 10:39 AM
As for Doom...the fiance is the same way, "Oh look! The Rock has his shirt off! We're going to see this flick!" Now I don't mind watching a mindless action flick every so often so it's cool (although I'm thinking the movie will semi-suck).

You could get laid after this movie too. Trust me, I'm a relationship expert.

Lzen
10-11-2005, 11:15 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that if you go see DOOM, your chances of getting laid that night will go up 97.5%. Just a hunch. ;)

:LOL:

Trust me, I don't need that to get laid. :)

patteeu
10-11-2005, 11:19 AM
:LOL:

Trust me, I don't need that to get laid. :)

I don't know, your gal seems to have a thing for the Rock. Has she ever said anything like "I'm smellin' what your cookin'!" while you're making love? hehe

Lzen
10-11-2005, 12:19 PM
I don't know, your gal seems to have a thing for the Rock. Has she ever said anything like "I'm smellin' what your cookin'!" while you're making love? hehe

Hmmm
:hmmm: come to think of it....................................no.

Hammock Parties
10-11-2005, 03:27 PM
Just got back. Best sci-fi in some time. Pacing was a little too hurried early on and the soundtrack didn't agree with me but other than that, I really enjoyed it.

Downloading the 14 episodes of the show now.

Ultra Peanut
10-11-2005, 05:09 PM
Sorry but I thought the movie sucked a$$. I walked out after about 30 minutes of torture. IMO the acting was horrible. One scene that stuck in my mind was when the captain of the renegade vessel asked a disgruntled crew member "Do you wanna pilot this ship?" To which the crew member answered "Yes". And the captain replied "Well, you can't". :Lin:That was the joke, you ****ing mongoloid.

Fish
10-11-2005, 05:30 PM
She said "it has The Rock in it and that should make it good".

You should donkey punch your wife for that statement....

Fairplay
10-11-2005, 07:00 PM
Sorry but I thought the movie sucked a$$. I walked out after about 30 minutes of torture.

I watched the first nine minutes of the movie and it hooked me quickly. I can't imagine the early parts of this movie was that bad that you left.

Oh well. I know nothing about this series or the movie but i will certainly have to check into this one.

cookster50
10-11-2005, 07:04 PM
Oh well. I know nothing about this series or the movie but i will certainly have to check into this one.

You don't need to have watched the tv show to watch the movie, though I think it would be a little better. So go see it and take everyone you know!

Fairplay
10-11-2005, 07:11 PM
You don't need to have watched the tv show to watch the movie, though I think it would be a little better. So go see it and take everyone you know!

I have a click of people who see the 'cool' movies. Or certainly recommend what to check out on video on the somewhat off beat track.

I will tell them about it. Others i know, if you try to explain this story line of what i seen on the video they will be looking at you with a giant question mark and a WTF is he talking about type of look.

cookster50
10-11-2005, 07:17 PM
I will tell them about it. Others i know, if you try to explain this story line of what i seen on the video they will be looking at you with a giant question mark and a WTF is he talking about type of look.

Just tell them a Baldwin is in it.

keg in kc
10-11-2005, 07:23 PM
Just tell them a Baldwin is in it.He's not one of those Baldwins.

cookster50
10-11-2005, 07:25 PM
He's not one of those Baldwins.
They won't know that :)

old_geezer
10-11-2005, 07:36 PM
I have a click of people who see the 'cool' movies. Or certainly recommend what to check out on video on the somewhat off beat track.

I explained it to my son as a "cowboys and spaceships" movie. It helps explain the primative vs advanced concept that runs throughout the movie.

chief99
10-11-2005, 07:43 PM
I don't understand the hype for this movie or the firefly tv show ?

I sense strange magic at work.

cookster50
10-11-2005, 07:50 PM
I don't understand the hype for this movie or the firefly tv show ?

I sense strange magic at work.

Good entertainment = hype

Ultra Peanut
10-12-2005, 03:35 AM
DO IT TO IT, LARS

tk13
10-12-2005, 03:50 AM
DO IT TO IT, LARS
This is the 18th level of the PerkiSystem. You'll all be doing this by Labor Day!

Ultra Peanut
10-12-2005, 04:35 AM
This is the 18th level of the PerkiSystem. You'll all be doing this by Labor Day!How can I sell an infomercial about fat kids who can't keep their piggy little snouts shut? Who's gonna buy that, hmm?