PDA

View Full Version : Q&A with Vermiel - 10/10

shaneo69
10-10-2005, 08:12 PM
Q&A with COACH VERMEIL
Oct 10, 2005, 6:22:23 PM

Q: How did Eric Warfield work out there today?

D. VERMEIL: “I didn’t watch him specifically but he worked mainly as a scout team service corner. We’ll work him in for a few reps each day in getting him ready to play. But I don’t know if he’ll be ready to play many snaps this weekend. It was nice to have both him and John Welbourn back because they add depth and they’re quality football players.”

Q: When realistically do you think you can get him back in the lineup playing significant time?

VERMEIL: “I’m not going to say because, first off, it’s just not automatic that we’re going to put Dexter McCleon on the bench. Dexter’s done a pretty good job and especially in the last ball game against good competition. You’re never too sure a corner’s really ready to go and it’s sort of a risky position to put him out there. It isn’t automatic. It does allow us some flexibility to have him back.”

Q: What about Welbourn? He’s a backup already, but does he have to work his way back?

VERMEIL: “It’s a little bit different on the offensive line. Everything’s there in front of you. Some guy doesn’t have a 10 yard run at you before he decides where he’s going to go. So, we’ll work John both at guard and tackle. I don’t know if he’ll be active this Sunday. It depends on our roster as we go. We’ll have him ready to go as soon as we can. We’ll be in pads Wednesday and give him some good work and it’ll be good for Willie Roaf, too, because Willie worked good today but we weren’t in pads today.”

Q: Is it automatic that Willie will play on Sunday?

VERMEIL: “Yeah, Willie Roaf will play on Sunday.”

Q: What’s the status of Kevin Sampson who was hospitalized back East this past weekend?

VERMEIL: “They’re just doing some further examination because they want to make sure.”

Q: What happened to Sampson? Was it an asthma attack?

VERMEIL: “I think it was a combination of things. I know when he’s been here a couple of times he’s had dehydration problems. We’ve given him some fluids – two bags one day after practice. So, he’s just one of those guys who dehydrates easily. They’re being cautious with him. Hopefully, we’ll see him tomorrow but if not it’ll be the next day.”

Q: Does that mean Jordan Black goes on the right side (tackle)?

VERMEIL: “Jordan Black will go on the right side right now.”

Q: Do you expect he’ll start on Sunday or do you have a guess on Sampson?

VERMEIL: “Our best bet is to assume that Jordan Black will start at right tackle. That’s the best way to go right now. Now, if all of a sudden Wednesday (Sampson) steps back on the field and he’s ready to go, then it’ll be fine. I kind of think it’ll be hard to make that big a turnaround in one or two days.”

Q: You’ve had a chance to step back and look at the first four games. What have you found that you could have done better and what are some things you’re looking forward to Sunday against Washington?

VERMEIL: “Offensively the staff went through all the different departments: the Red Zone, the third down, the goal line, the short yardage – all the plusses and minuses of what we’ve been doing. I think we’ve determined certain things we’ve got to do better and certain players who have to do it better and we as coaches have to do it better.

“Defensively, (coaches) done the same thing in evaluating the schemes and where our breakdowns are and why and what we can do to correct them.

“And that’s one reason why we gave the players a little more time off so we could spend more time doing really constructive evaluation work.

“A lot of our breakdowns on defense are just little things. Of course, little things get you beat if they add up to too many things. We felt at the end of (last) weekin evaluating defense that we’ve come quite a ways and have a ways to go. But we like the direction we’re going in.

“Offensively, we know we’ve got to do a better job on third down and we’ve got to do a better job in pass protection. The addition of the experienced tackle back (Willie Roaf) is going to help us and add some security and confidence there. Hopefully, we’ll one day be able to get our offensive line back together again on the same side.

“We really did a thorough job – both coordinators and myself – evaluating where we are and what we have to do.”

Q: How much did the missing pieces hurt you over the first four games?

VERMEIL: “I’m not going to make any excuses about it. We had every opportunity to beat a very good football team here and we turned it over four times and ended up minus two. That eliminated any chance of beating a good football team.

“We found a way to beat Oakland in Oakland which we could have lost. We definitely dominated the opener. But there are things we have to do better and most of those players that played in those wins played in our two losses. We have to make sure those in backup roles can play as well as our starters when they have to. I know this: we have more experience in the offensive line than we’ve ever had. I think you’ll see that Will Shields will continue to get better and regain his mid-season form of a year ago, which he’s working his way back to right now not having been through the OTA’s and mini-camp and training camp. I think a lot of things in the offensive line will be better but it’s not any one thing.”

Q: Are you still set on your running back rotation of Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson?

VERMEIL: “I think we are but we talked a lot about that. There are some positives and negatives but there’s only one way to get Larry in the ballgame and that’s put him in. When you do it and how you do it, you have to have some kind of a system and we think we have a pretty good system. That doesn’t mean as we go along we won’t improvise it.”

Q: With the way it goes now will you stick with whoever has the hot hand?

VERMEIL: “No, I’ve never said I would do that. Right now, unless we change between now and Sunday we’ll stay with the rotation.”

Q: Is there a chance that Eric Warfield won’t be active this Sunday?

VERMEIL: “I don’t know. There’s a slim chance he won’t be active.”

Q: Is there a chance you’ll dress five at corner?

VERMEIL: “There’s a chance we could, yes.”

Q: Has Dexter McCleon exceeded your expectations?

VERMEIL: “No, I’ve always had confidence in Dexter McCleon. I’ve always had it. He’s playing pretty well right now and has worked very hard to get where he is. He’s back healthy this year, but I’ve always expected him to play well enough for us to win. He did it twice. We didn’t lose because of him in the other two (games).”

Q: Why is he playing better than last year?

VERMEIL: “Because he was hurt last year, he had other muscle strains. We’re playing our corners more conservatively than we did last year, not as much press man, more zone and more variations. I think it’s taken some pressure off him.”

Q: The Redskins are a very defensive minded team and you’ve faced some tough defenses in Denver and Philadelphia. How do you think the Redskins defense compares?

VERMEIL: “Every bit as tough. Very, very physical. They play very hard and play as hard as any team we’ve played. That’s a great tribute to their defensive coaches and coach Gibbs. They’re very physical inside, big and strong guys.

“They’ve won three games by six points and lost one by two. Last year three teams scored 21 points or more on them and that’s it. They gave up 16.6 points a game last year for the season. They’re ranked, I think, number eight on total offense right now. They jumped up in that category. So, they’re getting better.”

Q: Do you wish Joe Gibbs would go back to NASCAR?

VERMEIL: “No, he’s a great football coach. I’ve known him for a long time and have tremendous respect for him. He’s got his young son who was a fine linebacker at Stanford coaching with him there. It’s a great experience for him, I’m sure. They’re getting better.”

Q: Is Warfield going to have to earn whatever playing time he gets down the line?

VERMEIL: “It’s hard to earn spots on the practice field. It’s not training camp. You’re always preparing game plans and every rep a player gets is against an opposing offensive play. You evaluate your players at that time but you’re getting them ready to play. You just gradually give him reps and see how he works his way back into it. But it’ll take him some time.”

Q: You lost Fox today (to IR) but got Roaf, Warfield and Welbourn back. Do you feel more whole than you have all year?

VERMEIL: “I do. Now if we could get the Sampson thing straightened out I’d really feel good about it. But we’re physically stronger right now than we’ve been at any time this year.”

Q: Do you expect Sampson back on the practice field Wednesday?

VERMEIL: “I would expect to but I’m not a doctor and our doctors haven’t seen all the reports and evaluations. There are all kinds of things you have to do to get the release of medical records. It’s not like everybody’s here in Kansas City.”

Q: Is Keyaron Fox having surgery?

VERMEIL: “No, he’s not going to have surgery. But it’s a process to rehab that properly and it’s just going to take him time and patience. This way by being on IR he’s not forced into being ready in 10 weeks to play. I think by the end of the season he would be ready to play.”

Q: You’ve heard nothing about Sampson that says this threatens his ability to play football in the future?

VERMEIL: “No, I haven’t.”

Q: What about Ryan Sims?

VERMEIL: “Well, they’ve changed his cast today and he’s gone through a different rehab and evaluation. We’re just going to proceed and see how that foot responds. If it continues to go well then there’s a chance we could get him back. If not, then they would go and operate on him but that’s up to the doctors.”

Q: How important is it going to be for your offense to get Tony Gonzalez more involved?

VERMEIL: “He’s two passes less involved this year than he was last year after four ball games. So, if we did everything the same he’d have 100 receptions which I kind of doubt he will. That’s only happened one time in the history of the National Football League. But I’d like to get him more involved and he’d like to be more involved. But there’s a lot of things that control those variables.”

Q: But you still think he’s the same impact player?

VERMEIL: “Oh yes. He’s the best there is at that position in the National Football League.”

Q: Do you remember the last time you coached against Joe Gibbs?

VERMEIL: “I got beat, I think maybe in overtime. No, it might have been when we dropped a field goal snap. We had a chance to win the game. I know I lost to him three times. He came to Washington in 1981 and we were out of our Super Bowl but we were still a good football team. We gave him his first win when they were struggling so he owes me something.”

Q: What stands out about those teams he coached?

VERMEIL: “They were always a team that was balanced: they were going to run and throw. They were going to shift and move; they were going down field on play action; they were going to run the counter-gap; and they were always going to have that style of offense. They were always going to be patient, weren’t going to try and beat you all in one quarter. I think Richie Pettibone was running the defense at that time, if I remember right.

Q: Do you look at video of his team now and see those same qualities?

VERMEIL: “See some of them, you bet. You can see it. You know he has some of his old coaches there.”

Q: He still loves the tight end?

VERMEIL: “The tight end in his offense always was the H-back more than the tight end.”

Q: It’s been a lot of years since you coached in that division but those were some nasty rivalries weren’t they?

VERMEIL: “I can tell you a lot of stories about playing the Redskins. I think it took us four years to beat ‘em in Washington, DC. I believe it was 28-0. But they had George Allen, then Jack Pardee after George.”

Q: Did Joe talk to you for advice before or after he thought about coming back?

VERMEIL: “No, but he talked to me later. I really don’t remember what it was. But I know Joe pretty well and respect him.”

keg in kc
10-10-2005, 08:15 PM
Warfield with one leg strapped to the other should be active before Dwayne Washington. It boggles the mind. If this is some kind of "message" they're sending him, they should've just cut him. We can't afford to f*ck around.

shaneo69
10-10-2005, 08:16 PM
Q: Why is (McCleon) playing better than last year?

VERMEIL: “Because he was hurt last year, he had other muscle strains. We’re playing our corners more conservatively than we did last year, not as much press man, more zone and more variations. I think it’s taken some pressure off him.”

This pretty much sums up why our defense will always suck as long as Vermiel is here.

tk13
10-10-2005, 08:17 PM

-----

There's your answer, I'm afraid. Maybe...

jspchief
10-10-2005, 08:22 PM
Q: Are you still set on your running back rotation of Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson?

VERMEIL: “I think we are but we talked a lot about that. There are some positives and negatives but there’s only one way to get Larry in the ballgame and that’s put him in. When you do it and how you do it, you have to have some kind of a system and we think we have a pretty good system. That doesn’t mean as we go along we won’t improvise it.”

Q: With the way it goes now will you stick with whoever has the hot hand?

VERMEIL: “No, I’ve never said I would do that. Right now, unless we change between now and Sunday we’ll stay with the rotation.”

Dammit. Why does Vermeil have to be so rigid about this kind of thing? It's like he's incapable of making smart decisions in game, so he has to set these absolutes in the middle of the week. It reminds me of the "going for it on 4th down" fiasco from last year. It's like his brain shuts down at kick-off, so he has to make the decision on Tuesday of the previous week.

If Holmes is shredding in the first two drives, and they put Johnson in on the third, I'm going to find a damn bell tower to set up in.

Coach
10-10-2005, 08:23 PM

-----

There's your answer, I'm afraid. Maybe...

Ah, there's proof that DV does control Gunther in a way.

keg in kc
10-10-2005, 08:24 PM
Ah, there's proof that DV does control Gunther in a way.Proof how?

cdcox
10-10-2005, 08:25 PM
Clearly Vermeil has an issue with Warfield. He should just come out and say, "I'm going to show Warfield who's boss."

milkman
10-10-2005, 08:29 PM

I don't know that it's proof, but it does add credibility to the idea that Dick does dictate, at least to some extent, who plays, which in turn dictates the scheme Gun is allowed to utilize.

Coach
Proof how?

Dude, have you even read the quote I posted? It's clear that DV has a woody towards Dexter McPasson.

Not to mention that Vermeil is coming up with excuses on the injury deal. Well McCleon is 100% this year, and he's still getting burnt by most of the WR's up to this point as far as I'm concerned, except for that one lucky INT where McNabb just overthrew Owens.

Gunther wasn't much of a zone person to begin with. Gunther is well known for man-to-man, bump-and-run with the WR's.

I know Vermeil will find a way to keep Dexter on the field, somehow, someway.

I'll be f**king happy once Vermeil and his boy-toy get the hell out of Kansas City.

tk13
How you figure? I mean DV is right, if you're gonna use McCleon you better not be playing man press... Gunther couldn't figure that out on his own last year until we'd been burned up and down the field for most of the season. I think DV did have a say in that, he hinted toward it in press conferences last year.

Coach
10-10-2005, 08:30 PM
I don't know that it's proof, but it does add credibility to the idea that Dick does dictate, at least to some extent, who plays, which in turn dictates the scheme Gun is allowed to utilize.

That's the point I'm trying to make.

Bowser
10-10-2005, 08:31 PM
Garbage. Warfield should be our nickle, and our running back should be the guy who is tearing up the opposing team.

We're going to **** around and try to be cute with our roster, and it's going to cost us.

tk13
10-10-2005, 08:31 PM
Dude, have you even read the quote I posted? It's clear that DV has a woody towards Dexter McPasson.

Not to mention that Vermeil is coming up with excuses on the injury deal. Well McCleon is 100% this year, and he's still getting burnt by most of the WR's up to this point as far as I'm concerned, except for that one lucky INT where McNabb just overthrew Owens.

Gunther wasn't much of a zone person to begin with. Gunther is well known for man-to-man, bump-and-run with the WR's.

I know Vermeil will find a way to keep Dexter on the field, somehow, someway.

I'll be f**king happy once Vermeil and his boy-toy get the hell out of Kansas City.
I still don't see it. Him and/or Gun had no problem benching McCleon for Battle and Bartee last year.

Coach
10-10-2005, 08:34 PM
I still don't see it. Him and/or Gun had no problem benching McCleon for Battle and Bartee last year.

True, of course our CB's last year was terrible to begin with anways.

But I doubt that Dexter was benched because of his inconsistency or inability to cover someone. I guess it's just me that they just benched him because of his injury. :shrug:

keg in kc
10-10-2005, 08:34 PM
Dude, have you even read the quote I posted? It's clear that DV has a woody towards Dexter McPasson.Dude, have you even read the quote you posted? Because I'm still looking for any part where it says anything about DV controlling Gunther.

If DV really controlled who played on defense, Nate Hobgood-Chittick would still be suiting up right now.

go bo
10-10-2005, 08:37 PM
boooooooo!

conservatives are da debil...

er, playing conservatively is da debil...

tk13
10-10-2005, 08:41 PM
True, of course our CB's last year was terrible to begin with anways.

But I doubt that Dexter was benched because of his inconsistency or inability to cover someone. I guess it's just me that they just benched him because of his injury. :shrug:
I don't know, I just don't see the whole thing as some big conspiracy. Here's a guy coming off a suspension for doing something really dumb, he hasn't played with the first team all season, played third and 4th string all through camp and the first four weeks, it's a tough call. I expect Warfield to come back rusty when he does start playing. I think there's still a chance he gets more reps as the week wears on and maybe gets more PT than DV is letting on right now.

Everybody talks about Vermeil and McCleon though, and I think it has more to do with Gun and Warfield. Gun praises everyone on this defense all the way from Hicks to Mitchell to Knight, but from the moment he took the job I thought that he seemed to be lukewarm on Warfield... he'd be raving about Hicks or Mitchell or whoever and Warfield he's just kinda like "ehhh". Don't know why.

go bo
Dude, have you even read the quote you posted? Because I'm still looking for any part where it says anything about DV controlling Gunther.

If DV really controlled who played on defense, Nate Hobgood-Chittick would still be suiting up right now.well, we do need a dt... :rolleyes:

the Talking Can
Warfield with one leg strapped to the other should be active before Dwayne Washington. It boggles the mind. If this is some kind of "message" they're sending him, they should've just cut him. We can't afford to f*ck around.

amen

we get ripped at home for 400 yards passing and DV is talking about Warfield starting on the practice squad....brilliant

Coach
10-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Dude, have you even read the quote you posted? Because I'm still looking for any part where it says anything about DV controlling Gunther.

If DV really controlled who played on defense, Nate Hobgood-Chittick would still be suiting up right now.

You have a valid point about the Nate Hobgood-tittyf**k being suited up.

I apologize if I came off like grouchy or anything, just not having a good day, that is all.

But as far as I'm concerned, at any rate, Warfiled is a MUCH better corner than McCleon hands down. He has proved that he can matchup against #1 receivers and even play them in man coverage some over the past couple of years.

milkman
10-10-2005, 08:42 PM

It may not be true that Dick is dictating who plays.

This could, as others have talked about previously, just be a motivational ploy.

I am not, and have never been convinced that Gun is all that great a DC, but you have to know he is just itching to get Warfield in there so that he can play the press man scheme he likes to play.

Iowanian
10-10-2005, 08:43 PM
I'm pretty much convinced Vermiel has just gotten some kind of Elderly brain attrophy.

Tell me Dick....how in the hell do you say ANY corner played well last week, when TO put up near 200 yards vs your D....at home?

Its becoming infurating that he can't call things for what even a novice sees.

cdcox
10-10-2005, 08:45 PM
I'm thinking Vermiel should go on the bear hunt with Bwana. I'll buy his bear suit.

tomahawk kid
10-10-2005, 08:53 PM
The sheer stupidity of Vermiel's comments regarding Warfiled and McNugget are so insanely (and sickening) ridiculous, it truely boggles the human mind.

All we needed was some vintage bitching about the schedule.

I was happy when Vermiel came to KC, and I remained that way until this past offseason. His "coaching style" is beyond wearing thin at this point.

Excuse me while I go break something........

milkman
10-10-2005, 08:55 PM
The sheer stupidity of Vermiel's comments regarding Warfiled and McNugget are so insanely (and sickening) ridiculous, it truely boggles the human mind.

All we needed was some vintage bitching about the schedule.

I was happy when Vermiel came to KC, and I remained that way until this past offseason. His "coaching style" is beyond wearing thin at this point.

Excuse me while I go break something........

I wasn't happy at all with Dick becoming HC.
I wanted Marvin Lewis.

Straight, No Chaser
10-10-2005, 08:57 PM
It may not be true that Dick is dictating who plays.

Did you really mean to say "A Dick is dictating THE plays?" If so, I'm with you.

--->

CoMoChief
10-10-2005, 08:59 PM

What the hell kinda question is this and what does it have to do with anything? Yes I know Gibbs was involved with Nascar and Vermeil was at the race this past weekend, but aside from that this has to be an Elizabeth Merrill question.

Iowanian
10-10-2005, 09:00 PM
Hey DICK....

Just Imagine how much Further along, Warfield, Welbourn, Black and Co would be along in being ready to play sunday.....If they'd PRACTICED THIS PAST FUGGING WEEK.

RINGLEADER
10-10-2005, 09:03 PM
Vermeil is an idiot.

FloridaMan88
10-10-2005, 09:06 PM
Q: Why is (McCleon) playing better than last year?

This pisses me off because this is EXACTLY why the pass defense has struggled the past 2 games, especially in the Philly game. When you don't get to the QB and sit in a soft zone and let opposing WRs run wild the other team is going to pick you apart. And does Vermeil realize that maybe, just maybe one of the reasons Gunther is playing more soft zones is to protect against McCleon, in terms of the liability he presents since he doesn't match-up well, physically with bigger WRs???

God this quote just shows how Vermeil has no clue about defense :banghead:

ILChief
10-10-2005, 09:23 PM
:cuss:
:banghead::deevee::mad::shake:

jcl-kcfan2
10-10-2005, 09:28 PM
I am nearly stunned by DV's reaction the last two weeks...

This is the just the first quarter of the season, with us only at 2-2, three important players coming back (well, at least two), and you give everyone the week off ?????

Adding insult to injury (not just to EW, but to the team, IMO), not giving EW at least half the first team snaps to get him in game shape...

I just can't get onboard with what DV is doing right now.

philfree
10-10-2005, 11:16 PM
Seems I remember when Gun was coaching with the Titans he was asked about Warfield and he said he was no more then a $.05 back. Of course it could be DV just not letting the Skins know what we're gonna do. Or maybe Warfield doesn't have his head together with his house arrest and then his 4 game suspension. IMO Dex has covered alright so far but he's wiffed on some tackles when the reciever has caught the ball short. As far as the yardage we gave up to the passing game last week a big part of that was the 4 extra possessions we gave the Eagles. I figured Gun would want Warfield back on the field ASAP though. If Dex gets toasted this week this place will go crazy but if he plays well it probably won't be mentioned.

PhilFree:arrow:

chief99
10-11-2005, 12:24 AM
Does anyone know whats wrong with Ryan Sims foot ?

Fracture or muscle sprain ????

OzArK KrAzO
10-11-2005, 03:42 AM
Warfield wasnt plaing well in preseason.That is, when they let him play at all. I hope that wont be a trend. HELL i dont care who plays that spot as long as they STOP giving teams wide open recievers to throw to. Just hope and wait like everyone else.

tk13
10-11-2005, 03:57 AM
Wow, "Ozark Krazo"... that is hilarious. You need some rep just for that... ROFL

Gravedigger
10-11-2005, 04:10 AM
Vermeil did this with DJ saying oh we wont guarantee hell start he has to work his way in Warfield will be on the field on sunday without a doubt if not the starter behind surtain.

DaWolf
10-11-2005, 04:58 AM
Guys, look, it's time to stop giving Gunther a free pass and blaming everything on Vermeil. "Gunther can't pick his coaches." "Gunther has to play Dexter because Vermeil has a hardon for him." It's all utter BS. These guys have personnel meetings every week and decide who plays, and DV is the head coach so he's gonna answer the questions and defend whatever decisions are made. If Gun wants Warfield in there, Gun will play Warfield, just like if Saunders wants to play Kris Wilson or wants to get cute with the play calling, he'll get cute with the play calling.

Gun's never been the biggest Warfield fan, he benched him in favor of Pat Dennis when he was head coach and dissed him in front of everyone else in the meeting room during training camp this year telling Julian Battle that he wants him to go take Warfield's spot. Sure, motivation was used as an excuse for that, but bottom line is you don't do that to a player you respect. That being said, Warfield is making too much money to sit on the bench and he'll get his job back eventually.

The bigger concern here is that Gunther feels like he has to play soft zone. Gunther may need another year, whatever. I don't know. But it's apparent he's no miracle worker, and no genius. Gun is no chess player, he wins by creating havoc. And when he can't do that, he can't win. If this thing doesn't get turned around after the bye, I think it'll be apparent that we just hired the wrong DC for the job. He got everything he wanted on his wish list, he's had a year to evaluate everyone who was here, so there's no excuse. If Wade Phillips can turn a crap defense in San Diego around in one year, there's no excuse for Gunther not doing the same. Bottom line is results need to be shown, or the whole coaching staff needs to be shown the door...

the Talking Can
10-11-2005, 05:37 AM
The bigger concern here is that Gunther feels like he has to play soft zone. Gunther may need another year, whatever. I don't know. But it's apparent he's no miracle worker, and no genius. Gun is no chess player, he wins by creating havoc. And when he can't do that, he can't win. If this thing doesn't get turned around after the bye, I think it'll be apparent that we just hired the wrong DC for the job. He got everything he wanted on his wish list, he's had a year to evaluate everyone who was here, so there's no excuse. If Wade Phillips can turn a crap defense in San Diego around in one year, there's no excuse for Gunther not doing the same. Bottom line is results need to be shown, or the whole coaching staff needs to be shown the door...

excellent

Wile_E_Coyote
10-11-2005, 06:18 AM
two players Gun said he was looking forward to coaching when he came to KC are now gone. Truluck & Fugita. Truluck didn't even make it through the first season, nor Fugita the second. Believe half of what you see...

Bob Dole
10-11-2005, 06:20 AM

In case all your film study didn't show you, you're also taking some pressure off the opposition.

Dipshit.

Swanman
10-11-2005, 06:56 AM
Hey DICK....

Just Imagine how much Further along, Warfield, Welbourn, Black and Co would be along in being ready to play sunday.....If they'd PRACTICED THIS PAST FUGGING WEEK.

My thoughts exactly. We've got an offense that is really not clicking due to inconsistency in the offensive line and a decent corner that desparately needs to shake off any rust so he can start in front of that football player impersonator wearing #22, so they need all the reps they can get and then some. If guys are banged up, rest them but the rest of the team should not be that tired only 4 weeks into the season. And considering they put in about 15% effort in Denver, they're really only about 3 games into the season. It seems that Dicky either overworks the crap out of them (a couple training camps ago) or doesn't work them nearly enough to get the kinks out.

Marcellus
10-11-2005, 08:11 AM
amen

we get ripped at home for 400 yards passing and DV is talking about Warfield starting on the practice squad....brilliant

I couldn't agree more. I am solidly in the Vermiel is an idiot camp. I am tired of his stupidity. The man has lost it and I am dissapointed.

Personally I think we are doomed unless Vermiel starts making wins and losses as a priority over loyalty to players. I was as pumped as anybody when he started coaching the Chiefs but he is proving he is over the hill and behind the curve.

jspchief
10-11-2005, 08:25 AM
Warfield is making 3.3 million dollars this year.

For that kind of money, I assume he's the caliber of player that can get on the field this weekend.

SLAG
10-11-2005, 08:33 AM
Vermiel is a good Coach, Because this season is only 4 games into into it im going to leave it at that.

All i know is we are not 1-4 after 5 weeks (2004) So that is Positve, I think if DV cannot get us to the play offs this year and im talking AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME He must go...

Katie
10-11-2005, 08:38 AM

I think this question was asked to divert the attention of chiefsplanet members. Too many valid and logical points are being posed and we just can't have any of that!