PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet gets dissed on a Redskins message board

FloridaMan88
10-10-2005, 09:39 PM
What the hell...

Actually the person who starts the post initially has nice things to say about this "Kansas message board", but somehow it swirls into negative comments, and no shock, Donkey fans are involved:

Link to the message board and thread:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119656

tk13
10-10-2005, 09:44 PM
"I scouted out that message board, and I swear I have never seen a group of more pessimistic fans in my life."

ROFL

Phobia
10-10-2005, 09:47 PM
We just can't pay attention to all that. Those guys say what they say and they say it when they say it. We just have to ignore all that it and get out on the field and go to work. They have a fine site. A fine site. But we're gonna go out on Sunday and we're gonna battle. *sniff*

FloridaMan88
10-10-2005, 09:51 PM
We just can't pay attention to all that. Those guys say what they say and they say it when they say it. We just have to ignore all that it and get out on the field and go to work. They have a fine site. A fine site. But we're gonna go out on Sunday and we're gonna battle. *sniff*

I agree.

Also aside from that thread it is an impressive site

Darkwolfe
10-10-2005, 09:52 PM

Let's cut to the chase. The 'Skins are going home scalpless.

jspchief
10-10-2005, 09:53 PM
We just can't pay attention to all that. Those guys say what they say and they say it when they say it. We just have to ignore all that it and get out on the field and go to work. They have a fine site. A fine site. But we're gonna go out on Sunday and we're gonna battle. *sniff*All it needs is "we need to do a better job coaching" and it would be perfect.

Pitt Gorilla
10-10-2005, 09:54 PM
We just can't pay attention to all that. Those guys say what they say and they say it when they say it. We just have to ignore all that it and get out on the field and go to work. They have a fine site. A fine site. But we're gonna go out on Sunday and we're gonna battle. *sniff*There's a gleam, boys. (Can I mix coachspeak?!?)

Frazod
10-10-2005, 09:55 PM
THE CHIEFS DON'T F#CKING PLAY IN KANSAS! :#

:cuss:

chefsos
10-10-2005, 09:57 PM
http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1706402&postcount=15

ROFL

Joe Seahawk
10-10-2005, 10:01 PM

What do you mean?

ROFL

Simplex3
10-10-2005, 10:03 PM

Yeah, they should have named the city Possum Trot.

milkman
10-10-2005, 10:08 PM
There's a gleam, boys. (Can I mix coachspeak?!?)

How about "We need to do a better job of coaching the gleam."?

cdcox
10-10-2005, 10:14 PM
I'll bet skinbra doesn't even post there.

KChiefsQT
10-10-2005, 10:30 PM
FLUCK THE REDSKINS!!! LET'S GO BASH SOME HEADS IN!!!!! :cuss: :mad: :mad: :mad: :cuss:

tk13
10-10-2005, 10:31 PM
FLUCK THE REDSKINS!!! LET'S GO BASH SOME HEADS IN!!!!! :cuss: :mad: :mad: :mad: :cuss:
You're a poet, and you didn't know it.

C-Mac
10-10-2005, 10:33 PM
I agree.

Also aside from that thread it is an impressive site

Please note that it is an "offiical" Redskin chat site.
We will very soon have just as impressive looking "homegrown" site.

KChiefsQT
10-10-2005, 10:35 PM
"Well what did you expect from a message board that has that legendary turd Gochiefs (yes the very same troll who infests at least 5 other team boards) as a resident poster. Add in the fact that all they can do is cry about the Donkeys and how they think the refs screw KC over every game and you've got some real mulletheaded morons over there.

Do they even talk football over there btw? Every other thread was about Dodgeball and Durango trucks. But at least they have a good girlie picture thread!"

HAHAH sorry I had to laugh at that first part!!!!!!!!!!!

Phobia
10-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Does that moron know that if he signs up for an account he can put gochiefs on iggy just like 80% of the rest of our board?

chefsos
10-10-2005, 10:37 PM

Are "Official" sites funded by their respective teams?

tk13
gochiefs reputation precedes him, most definitely. I can only dream of achieving the general hatred of the masses so well.

KChiefsQT
You're a poet, and you didn't know it.

Ohhh but I do. hahaha... we had to recite poetry in class tonight. blah blah. Any hOOt back to those pillowbiters!!!!!

Iowanian
10-10-2005, 10:41 PM
I'm not going to be feeling too bad about what is said on the damn internet, by fans of a team, whose famous fans, are Fat guys in Dresses.

One good thing about Skin fans in dresses; its easier for Dan Snyder to get access for the F@cking he puts on them year in and year out.

We'll get the last laugh monday morning, when they wake up and realize that they're still redskin fans...very disappointed redskin fans.

HolmeZz
10-10-2005, 10:47 PM
http://users.anytimeweb.com/Clients/footballsfans/images/bosshog1.jpg

jidar
10-10-2005, 10:54 PM
"I scouted out that message board, and I swear I have never seen a group of more pessimistic fans in my life."

Yeah well, they're just stating the truth there. Most of the regulars on this board wake up in the morning and kick the dog then put a gun in their mouth, I swear to god.

HolmeZz
10-10-2005, 10:59 PM
I may have kicked a few dogs in my time, but I swear to God I've never sworn to God.

SoCalBronco
10-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Zach in particular will love ExtremeSkins. If he thinks the Mane is bad in terms of "the media hates us" just wait till you get a load of ExtremeSkins.

Phobia
10-10-2005, 11:06 PM
I went to extremeskins in search of some cool shit for my pocketPC. I was disappointed.

cdcox
10-10-2005, 11:30 PM
Yeah well, they're just stating the truth there. Most of the regulars on this board wake up in the morning and kick the dog then put a gun in their mouth, I swear to god.

I usually piss in my cherios between kicking the dog and that gun in the mouth thing.

Taco John
10-10-2005, 11:35 PM

Actually, ExremeSkins is the most successful homegrown NFL chat board in Internet history. They are a homegrown site that the Redskins acquired due to its tremendous success.

KcKing
10-10-2005, 11:41 PM
Those guys over there must be on something REALLY f'n good... They actually believe that the 'Scabs have a good team this year, and a chance to win this football game... True, our squad hasn't lived up to it's fullest potential yet this year. But These clowns have to... Deep, deep in their respective lil' Deadskin hearts... Realize that they are working with a 2nd string secondary against one of the most potent offense's in the league, which is also at home, with 2 Weeks to think about how they blew the last home game... It's clear now... Deadskin fans are like dumb lil lobsters, watching a boiling pot sayin... "That S*it ain't hot, watch... I'll go first."

**sigh**

tk13
10-10-2005, 11:42 PM
Actually, ExremeSkins is the most successful homegrown NFL chat board in Internet history. They are a homegrown site that the Redskins acquired due to its tremendous success.
That depends on how you define success. I'm not sure many here would ever want the Chiefs to gain possession of this site....

beer bacon
10-10-2005, 11:42 PM
Those guys over there must be on something REALLY f'n good... They actually believe that the 'Scabs have a good team this year, and a chance to win this football game... True, our squad hasn't lived up to it's fullest potential yet this year. But These clowns have to... Deep, deep in their respective lil' Deadskin hearts... Realize that they are working with a 2nd string secondary against one of the most potent offense's in the league, which is also at home, with 2 Weeks to think about how they blew the last home game... It's clear now... Deadskin fans are like dumb lil lobsters, watching a boiling pot sayin... "That S*it ain't hot, watch... I'll go first."

**sigh**

Yeah man. How dare they think their 3-1 team has a chance against us!

KcKing
10-10-2005, 11:50 PM
Yeah man. How dare they think their 4-1 team has a chance against us!

Nawwwwwww mannnnnnnnnnnnn

How dare they think with 3 of their 4 starting secondary, and LeVar A. slowed down by injury, that they think they have a chance against us....

Taco John
10-10-2005, 11:53 PM
That depends on how you define success. I'm not sure many here would ever want the Chiefs to gain possession of this site....

Even before they were acquired, they were the most successful home grown NFL message board on the Internet. These are things I pay attention to.

beer bacon
10-11-2005, 12:01 AM
Nawwwwwww mannnnnnnnnnnnn

How dare they think with 3 of their 4 starting secondary, and LeVar A. slowed down by injury, that they think they have a chance against us....

They put up 450 yards of offense and gave up 250 yards against Denver at Denver. They should have a chance of winning any game they play.

FloridaMan88
10-11-2005, 12:02 AM

No kidding

Would that mean Rufus Dawes appearances?

tk13
10-11-2005, 12:07 AM
Even before they were acquired, they were the most successful home grown NFL message board on the Internet. These are things I pay attention to.
I still think that's a judgement call. You're going to look at it in hits and money, as you should. I've obviously seen all the boards, I've always liked Saints Report the best, obviously not as much traffic because it's the Saints, but they run a great fan site.

tk13
10-11-2005, 12:09 AM
No kidding

Would that mean Rufus Dawes appearances?
Heck, he'd be lead moderator.

"Sorry tk, I modified your post for you....

The Chiefs are Great
JASON WHITLOCK
Kansas City Star

I love the Chiefs, it's amazing how they made every perfect move this offseason...."

tk13
10-11-2005, 12:19 AM
Zach in particular will love ExtremeSkins. If he thinks the Mane is bad in terms of "the media hates us" just wait till you get a load of ExtremeSkins.
You ain't kiddin...

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119777

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119834

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119592

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119945

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119898

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119691

Zach thinks the Planet is bad, we have nothing on these guys... :)

Taco John
10-11-2005, 12:57 AM
I still think that's a judgement call. You're going to look at it in hits and money, as you should. I've obviously seen all the boards, I've always liked Saints Report the best, obviously not as much traffic because it's the Saints, but they run a great fan site.

You're getting "successful" mixed with sites that you personally like.

tk13
10-11-2005, 01:22 AM
You're getting "successful" mixed with sites that you personally like.
How do you suppose that? What makes ExtremeSkins more successful than anybody? Aside from the fact it was bought out by an NFL team...

Taco John
10-11-2005, 02:18 AM
How do you suppose that? What makes ExtremeSkins more successful than anybody? Aside from the fact it was bought out by an NFL team...

Aside from the fact that it was so successful that the Redskins Organization decided that they would fund it, give their mods salaries and press access all while letting it retain its personality and autonomy and provide it with insider interviews the likes that no NFL Internet Message Board on the Internet has ever seen?

Well, there's the fact that before it was acquired it had over 14,000 members (currently 44,000+), and was the most visited and most active independant NFL messageboard on the Internet.

tk13
10-11-2005, 02:27 AM
Really? I never woulda guessed that. I always just looked at the front page... they have excellent traffic but it didn't seem like THAT much more than the Planet really...

Taco John
10-11-2005, 02:43 AM
Really? I never woulda guessed that. I always just looked at the front page... they have excellent traffic but it didn't seem like THAT much more than the Planet really...

Believe it or not, ChiefsPlanet isn't even close to some of the East Coast teams traffic.

At any given time, ExtremeSkins probably had three times the traffic the planet would have at any given moment. That trend continues today.

Chiefs Planet and Orange Mane are close, but admittedly CP is slightly more active. That said, we're not too far behind.

The Bills "Buffalo Range" crushes us in traffic and activity. FinHeaven also crushes us in traffic and activity. There are others... But the crown of them all was/is ExtremeSkins from my vantaged view point.

Pants
10-11-2005, 02:47 AM
Believe it or not, ChiefsPlanet isn't even close to some of the East Coast teams traffic.

At any given time, ExtremeSkins probably had three times the traffic the planet would have at any given moment. That trend continues today.

Chiefs Planet and Orange Mane are close, but admittedly CP is slightly more active. That said, we're not too far behind.

The Bills "Buffalo Range" crushes us in traffic and activity. FinHeaven also crushes us in traffic and activity. There are others... But the crown of them all was/is ExtremeSkins from my vantaged view point.
How do you define activity? Hits or posts or number of registered users or what?

Taco John
10-11-2005, 03:04 AM
I use several indicators but one of the best is "Currently Active Users" at any given time.

tk13
10-11-2005, 03:05 AM

I believe that, I've seen some of those boards that have more members than that place. That's what I meant. Here it's big, but not so huge that it's too big, I think. That sounds funny because I remember when I first joined up I was like "Whoa this place moves fast". But you get used to it. That's what I meant about Saints Report though... all the articles and Q&A and radio shows, I think it's cool. If you wanted to be a comprehensive fan site I think that's the type of stuff you have to have. Granted the Skins site's "content" is now the actual Redskins website... but the Planet could never do what the Skins have done, because the Chiefs organization pretty much views us as a bunch of idiots...haha.

Plus, we were successful enough to get Whitlock to name drop us... I don't see Kornheiser and Wilbon writing any ExtremeSkins.com columns! :)

BigRedChief
10-11-2005, 06:36 AM
Their site sucks but they seem more reasonable at this site:
http://hailredskins.com/vbforum/index.php?

jspchief
10-11-2005, 06:53 AM
The East coast teams get more activity on their sites for several reasons. The biggest being the disparity in fan base between them and midwest teams.

But a lot of those sites are pretty slow all week, then get slammed on gameday. Chiefsplanet doesn't have to worry about that because it crashes on gameday.

I'd say the Planet is more "active" than a lot of those bigger sites, in terms of everyday posting.

Phobia
10-11-2005, 06:55 AM
We just don't have enough fans with computers. Most of our hick fans spend all their money on their Camaros and hair care products for their mullets.

cdcox
10-11-2005, 08:26 AM
I use several indicators but one of the best is "Currently Active Users" at any given time.

Isn't the definition of a currently active user adjustable by the BB admin? In other words, how long after a click does it time a user out? I've seen some (non-football) boards that claim more users currently online than they have posts for the day. That would take some pretty slow reading. Since that depends on the BB settings, I don't think you can go by that, at all.

That's not to say that some of those east coast sites don't have more active users. I'd expect them to be much more active due to their overwelming population advantage alone.

cdcox
10-11-2005, 08:39 AM
I think the number of posts in the last week would be a good indicator of activity, and maybe one of the most accurate from a pure data perspective.

Among single-team NFL boards, according to Big Boards:

Extreme Skins 25,552
Buffalo Bills 24,959
Fin Haven 24,553
Chiefs Planet 13,396

OrangeMane either doesn't report or had less than 1800 posts last week.

SLAG
10-11-2005, 08:57 AM
We just don't have enough fans with computers. Most of our hick fans spend all their money on their Camaros and hair care products for their mullets.

hey hey hey....

i sold my camaro :banghead::cuss::deevee:

KCTitus
10-11-2005, 09:06 AM
Well, good for Snyder...at least in this case, he was able to buy a title.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-11-2005, 09:10 AM
I would think their cartoons would pull in a crazy amount of hits

jynni
10-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Are the cartoons separate from the site now? I was on there the other day and didn't see them. I finally found them on their own site.

Taco John
10-11-2005, 11:42 AM
I'd say the Planet is more "active" than a lot of those bigger sites, in terms of everyday posting.

I'd say you'd be kidding yourself... These are the types of things I track and pay attention to. The Planet has nothing to be ashamed of, to be sure. But some of the East Coast football sites are just as active at 2am as the Planet is at 2pm.

Taco John
10-11-2005, 11:45 AM
I think the number of posts in the last week would be a good indicator of activity, and maybe one of the most accurate from a pure data perspective.

Among single-team NFL boards, according to Big Boards:

Extreme Skins 25,552
Buffalo Bills 24,959
Fin Haven 24,553
Chiefs Planet 13,396

OrangeMane either doesn't report or had less than 1800 posts last week.

We don't report... But for comparison's sake, The Mane had 12,182 total posts during the week of October 3-9

Halfcan
10-11-2005, 11:55 AM
I signed up, I hope you guys don't mind that I share my sense of humor with others for a week.

Rain Man
10-11-2005, 11:56 AM

The authoritarian mod at jetsinsiders.com said that his site was way bigger than chiefsplanet. Just out of curiosity, where do they lie?

jspchief
10-11-2005, 12:08 PM
The authoritarian mod at jetsinsiders.com said that his site was way bigger than chiefsplanet. Just out of curiosity, where do they lie?Jetsinsider is a perfect example of one of the east coast sites I was describing where they are slow during the week, but just get flooded on gameday. That site kicks the Planet's ass in hits, etc, but during the week, it's lame. The Mod even admitted gameday traffic is where they get all their activity. Of course, Taco already informed me that I'm wrong (as is the admin of their site). :rolleyes:

pez
10-11-2005, 12:09 PM
The authoritarian mod at jetsinsiders.com said that his site was way bigger than chiefsplanet. Just out of curiosity, where do they lie?

Jets Insider Posts last week: 9621
Chiefs Planet Posts last week: 13396

Rain Man
10-11-2005, 12:09 PM
Jets Insider Posts last week: 9621
Chiefs Planet Posts last week: 13396

Ha! Losers.

pez
10-11-2005, 12:13 PM
FYI... I'm from Extremeskins... Here's to a great game with no injuries !!

kansas hawk
10-11-2005, 12:21 PM
jets insider are ranked 960 while we are ranked 788 http://rankings.big-boards.com/?p=all

pez
10-11-2005, 12:22 PM
Jetsinsider is a perfect example of one of the east coast sites I was describing where they are slow during the week, but just get flooded on gameday. That site kicks the Planet's ass in hits, etc, but during the week, it's lame. The Mod even admitted gameday traffic is where they get all their activity. Of course, Taco already informed me that I'm wrong (as is the admin of their site). :rolleyes:

http://www.big-boards.com/img/graphs/m1093.png

Taco John
10-11-2005, 12:22 PM

Way bigger? Hell no. That guy is just being a homer for his own gig.

For instance, currently they have 207 active users... (77 members and 130 guests)

Chiefs Planet currently has 177 active users (90 members and 87 guests)

That's pretty comprable.

I'd wager that at any given time, on average Jets Insider has an average of about 15 more active users (counting both posters and lurkers).

Taco John
10-11-2005, 12:24 PM
jets insider are ranked 960 while we are ranked 788 http://rankings.big-boards.com/?p=all

There are several things wrong with Big-Boards rankings... Like every ranking system in existence, it has its problems.

pez
10-11-2005, 12:26 PM
http://www.big-boards.com/img/graphs/m1093.png

ooops... I meant to post this one...

http://www.big-boards.com/img/graphs/p207.png

kansas hawk
10-11-2005, 12:38 PM
There are several things wrong with Big-Boards rankings... Like every ranking system in existence, it has its problems.

i just think your mad becuse the mane is ranked 1389 ROFL

but ya you are right, nothing is perfect.

Taco John
10-11-2005, 12:56 PM
i just think your mad becuse the mane is ranked 1389 ROFL

but ya you are right, nothing is perfect.

Nah... Rankings don't matter to me. Vision does.

I'm pretty satisfied with both our sites are with regards to that.

stevieray
10-11-2005, 01:04 PM
Nah... Rankings don't matter to me. Vision does.

I'm pretty satisfied with both our sites are with regards to that.

You're satisfied with both of our sites.... :hmmm:

CupidStunt
10-11-2005, 01:09 PM

ROFL

It's true.

HolmeZz
10-11-2005, 01:28 PM
You call it pessimistic, I call it realistic.

Halfcan
10-11-2005, 01:31 PM
The Skins site is run by a buch of Nazi bastards and rank just below stepping in fresh dogshit in my book.

jspchief
10-11-2005, 01:38 PM
They seem pretty proud of their ranking over there.

I guess it would be cool to be #1, but I'm not sure I'd stroke my weiner while bragging about it.

ChiefsGirl
10-11-2005, 01:54 PM
They seem pretty proud of their ranking over there.

I guess it would be cool to be #1, but I'm not sure I'd stroke my weiner while bragging about it.

but you could probably get Skip to stroke your weiner while you bragged about it. :evil:

Phobia
10-11-2005, 02:00 PM
Way bigger? Hell no. That guy is just being a homer for his own gig.

For instance, currently they have 207 active users... (77 members and 130 guests)

Chiefs Planet currently has 177 active users (90 members and 87 guests)

That's pretty comprable.

I'd wager that at any given time, on average Jets Insider has an average of about 15 more active users (counting both posters and lurkers).

That's a bullshit stat. I could pad the hell out of ours if I wanted to be like SaintsReport.

cdcox
10-11-2005, 02:03 PM
That's a bullshit stat. I could pad the hell out of ours if I wanted to be like SaintsReport.

Yup. I already pointed out that "users on line" can be manipulated by the BB admin. But Taco isn't listening.

Taco John
10-11-2005, 02:12 PM

I disagree... I think it's one of the most important stats you'll find.

If you can pad the hell our of that stat, you should be doing it. Especially if you're looking to generate advertising revenue.

I don't know how you would pad that stat. Seems like a difficult one to fake.

Iowanian
10-11-2005, 02:18 PM
Just get a couple of the mange's yuckleheads to come over here and make 94 posts a day of only smilies and rehashed Chef jokes and mama slams.

Phobia
10-11-2005, 02:24 PM
I disagree... I think it's one of the most important stats you'll find.

If you can pad the hell our of that stat, you should be doing it. Especially if you're looking to generate advertising revenue.

I don't know how you would pad that stat. Seems like a difficult one to fake.

Who's Online Refresh Period

I just set it to 24 hours. Come back tonight. It will be impressive as all hell. It had been set to 10 minutes. I promise SaintsReport has it bumped high.

Taco John
10-11-2005, 02:30 PM
I'll be damned.

tk13
10-11-2005, 02:44 PM
Who's Online Refresh Period

I just set it to 24 hours. Come back tonight. It will be impressive as all hell. It had been set to 10 minutes. I promise SaintsReport has it bumped high.
After 20 minutes, it's up to 207...

Phobia
10-11-2005, 02:46 PM
After 20 minutes, it's up to 207...

Yeah - we're totally setting a new record today.

Phobia
10-11-2005, 02:47 PM
Oops. Must not be working right because we just dropped to 202.

headsnap
10-11-2005, 02:56 PM
I'll be damned.

wow Taco, you aren't as smart as you thought you were... :p

Phobia
10-11-2005, 02:59 PM
I'm thinking that part of our board is jacked up along with the calendar. Any changes to settings in that screen don't work. I can't explain it. We're back to 182 users right now.

Brock
10-11-2005, 03:09 PM
I'll be damned.

Probably.