PDA

View Full Version : Really shitty day at work, so far...

Fire Me Boy!
10-11-2005, 08:33 AM
not for me, but for everybody else it's about to go down hill really ****ing fast.

Our entire sales staff just posted two weeks notice. They've also said they REFUSE to train their replacements. God, this sucks.

SLAG
10-11-2005, 08:35 AM
how much does your sales staff make?
:hmmm:

Donger
10-11-2005, 08:36 AM
not for me, but for everybody else it's about to go down hill really ****ing fast.

Our entire sales staff just posted two weeks notice. They've also said they REFUSE to train their replacements. God, this sucks.

Heh. Pissing off your sales people is generally not a good idea.

Sales people of the world! Unite and take over!

Saulbadguy
10-11-2005, 08:39 AM
Fire them all.

tyton75
10-11-2005, 08:42 AM
so there are going to be some sales positions opening up in the area?? :)

Fire Me Boy!
10-11-2005, 08:48 AM
They don't make NEARLY enough to put up with the shit they're having to put up with. It's not worth it, if you're thinking about applying. Unless you could get the publisher off her high horse and get her to start paying a commission.

One girl alone brought in over 1/4 million since January, another close to 1/2 million.

keg in kc
10-11-2005, 08:55 AM
Has anybody ever had a day of work that wasn't shitty? I mean, it's work for chrissakes.

Reaper16
10-11-2005, 08:58 AM
The entire sales staff? Wow, I feel for you, man. I can barely concieve of how disastrous that is for a paper.

J Diddy
10-11-2005, 09:01 AM
Has anybody ever had a day of work that wasn't shitty? I mean, it's work for chrissakes.

Once yes I did, no wait nevermind. That was the day I called in sick.

Fire Me Boy!
10-11-2005, 09:06 AM
The entire sales staff? Wow, I feel for you, man. I can barely concieve of how disastrous that is for a paper.
Yeah, shitty. I guess it could be worse though... they could have just up and walked out.

Bootlegged
10-11-2005, 09:08 AM
Nice AVATAR THIEF!!!

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-11-2005, 09:08 AM
So where are you and how much do you pay? I have some experience with newspaper........ some.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-11-2005, 09:09 AM
They don't make NEARLY enough to put up with the shit they're having to put up with. It's not worth it, if you're thinking about applying. Unless you could get the publisher off her high horse and get her to start paying a commission.

One girl alone brought in over 1/4 million since January, another close to 1/2 million.
Oh... forget it then.

Fire Me Boy!
10-11-2005, 09:09 AM
Nice AVATAR THIEF!!!
Sorry, I didn't see it. I have avys turned off. I just did this for the critique avatars thread. Geez.

Fire Me Boy!
10-11-2005, 09:10 AM
Oh... forget it then.
Yeah, that's what I thought.

Fire Me Boy!
10-11-2005, 09:14 AM
Is that better, Latt?

Actually, just to be smart ass, I tried to get a picture of Hardee's big roast beef. But a very quick google search didn't get any images, so I said "screw it."

Saulbadguy
10-11-2005, 09:17 AM
Nice avatar. Did the Hitchock dvd's come out just recently? I thought I saw them.

Bootlegged
10-11-2005, 09:23 AM
Is that better, Latt?

Actually, just to be smart ass, I tried to get a picture of Hardee's big roast beef. But a very quick google search didn't get any images, so I said "screw it."

I was being sarcastic---the more roast beef the better.

Eleazar
10-11-2005, 09:25 AM
That sucks. Sales people gotta be happy.

If I owned that paper I think the person responsible for keeping them happy might be the next one cleaning out their desk.

StcChief
10-11-2005, 09:25 AM
1st off. Who reads a newspaper anymore?

Fire Me Boy!
10-11-2005, 09:31 AM
Nice avatar. Did the Hitchock dvd's come out just recently? I thought I saw them.
The first season of Hitchcock Presents came out last week. I believe (not sure) that Life Boat was released today.

Fire Me Boy!
10-11-2005, 09:37 AM

If I owned that paper I think the person responsible for keeping them happy might be the next one cleaning out their desk.
Well, the management here is pretty nonexistant. The publisher is 90 years old and lives in KC. She comes down twice a week, and besides an accountant that pretty much runs the show (but has NO power to make any real decisions), there's no one here that is in charge.

Bob Dole
10-11-2005, 09:42 AM
Wow. People still give two weeks notice?

Bob Dole just got handed the second resignation in the past month giving only one week of notice.

ChiTown
10-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Wow. People still give two weeks notice?

Bob Dole just got handed the second resignation in the past month giving only one week of notice.

you must be a fuggin tyrant

Bob Dole
10-11-2005, 09:49 AM
you must be a fuggin tyrant

That, and the idiots upstairs won't adjust the pay scale to reflect the market...

Fire Me Boy!
10-11-2005, 01:19 PM
That, and the idiots upstairs won't adjust the pay scale to reflect the market...
Sounds like it is here... except our "market" is still stuck in 1993.

luv
10-11-2005, 01:20 PM
Time to get your butt in gear and sell, sell, sell!

RedDread
10-11-2005, 01:24 PM

First rule of global domination....placate the peons

Fire Me Boy!
10-11-2005, 01:38 PM
Time to get your butt in gear and sell, sell, sell!
I'm not a salesman. And if she WANTED me to sell, it would take a HELL of a lot more than they're making, plus a commission – something she's not willing to do.

luv
10-11-2005, 01:43 PM
I'm not a salesman. And if she WANTED me to sell, it would take a HELL of a lot more than they're making, plus a commission – something she's not willing to do.
She needs to realize the importance of sales. Without sales, you have a product/service, but no one to provide it to. Not exactly good for making any profits.

luv
10-11-2005, 01:48 PM
And you don't need salesmen to train other salesmen how to sell. If they're salesmen, they already know how to do that. All the new guy would need is to be taken through the process of how the product is made or what the service offers. If you had someone from each department who was responsible for taking him under their wing for a period of time, that is what's important. He can sell, he just needs to know what it is he's selling. Once he knows that, if he's good, he will determine the best possible route to go to make the most sales.

Halfcan
10-11-2005, 02:08 PM
You really sold that post Luv.

Fire Me Boy!
10-11-2005, 02:08 PM
And you don't need salesmen to train other salesmen how to sell. If they're salesmen, they already know how to do that. All the new guy would need is to be taken through the process of how the product is made or what the service offers. If you had someone from each department who was responsible for taking him under their wing for a period of time, that is what's important. He can sell, he just needs to know what it is he's selling. Once he knows that, if he's good, he will determine the best possible route to go to make the most sales.
The problem with that, however, is that the only people willing to come sell for what she's willing to pay are people with ZERO experience. And yes, she is aware of what sales mean to the business, however she is NOT aware of the fact that the cost to keep quality people on your staff is not $7 per hour. That's the problem with a 90-year old woman (who literally is one of the top three richest people in the midwest) who has never had to work to live. She literally believes that if you live paycheck to paycheck it's because you're not properly handling your own finances.

Iowanian
10-11-2005, 03:00 PM
I think I could sell rubber dog crap to a chinese trinket manufacturer.

....I should probably work in sales.

wait...

She's 90 and filthy in wealth?
If she's got a bad heart, and needs a "pool boy" let me know
and I'll knock the dust off of her ovaries for you....for 30% of her net worth.

Rain Man
10-11-2005, 03:12 PM
The owner obviously didn't generate enough fear.

JimNasium
10-11-2005, 03:17 PM
The owner obviously didn't generate enough fear.
The first step to generating fear in your workforce is driving an apricot colored car.

Old Dog
10-11-2005, 03:19 PM
I agree with the "shitty day at work" part, I learned today that my vacation has been extended another month.

Rain Man
10-11-2005, 03:32 PM
I agree with the "shitty day at work" part, I learned today that my vacation has been extended another month.

That does sound bad.