PDA

View Full Version : Riley losing starting job for texans

Mr. Laz
10-12-2005, 12:31 PM
could see this coming before season ever started. ROFL

Texans | Shaking up the Offensive Line; Wade May Have to Compete for His Job
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 20:46:59 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Houston Texans are shaking up their offensive line in an effort to record their first win Week 6. OT Todd Wade may have to compete with OL Victor Riley to retain his starting spot at right tackle. Riley is losing his starting job at left tackle.

Texans | Shaking up the Offensive Line; Pitts Moving to Left Tackle
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 20:45:52 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Houston Texans are shaking up their offensive line in an effort to record their first win Week 6. OG Chester Pitts is moving from left guard to left tackle.

Texans | Shaking up the Offensive Line; McKinney Moving to Left Guard
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 20:44:53 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Houston Texans are shaking up their offensive line in an effort to record their first win Week 6. C Steve McKinney will move from center to starting left guard.

Texans | Shaking up the Offensive Line; Hodgdon Taking Over at Center
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 20:44:21 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Houston Texans are shaking up their offensive line in an effort to record their first win Week 6. Rookie C Drew Hodgdon, a fifth-round draft choice from Arizona State, will move into the lineup at center.

el borracho
10-12-2005, 12:42 PM
Well, I don't really pay attention to the Texans to know how he was doing but I do remember being somewhat unhappy when Riley left.

DAMMI... uh, I mean Good job, Carl!

Idahored
10-12-2005, 12:45 PM
Riley was a good RT for the chiefs. I'm don't think he has the talent to play LT in this league, but at RT his is fine. I'm not sure however, if he would fit our current offense with all the pulling....

Cormac
10-12-2005, 01:13 PM
I'm not sure however, if he would fit our current offense with all the pulling....

Good point. Riley always seemed to be high on talent, low on desire.

Reaper16
10-12-2005, 01:14 PM
They've got Seth Wand, a tackle who went to Northwest Missouri State; why not start him instead of moving a guard? Thay don't give him any playing time to prove himself.

Rain Man
10-12-2005, 01:48 PM
Riley was a decent right tackle, but somebody was on a crack high when they decided to make him a left tackle.

TEX
10-12-2005, 02:30 PM
They've got Seth Wand, a tackle who went to Northwest Missouri State; why not start him instead of moving a guard? Thay don't give him any playing time to prove himself.

He $ucks worse.

Brock
10-12-2005, 02:32 PM
The idiocy of drafting Tony Boselli continues to bite them in the ass.

Phobia
10-12-2005, 03:38 PM
Somebody once said Boselli was a shoe-in HOFer. Can you believe that?

Dunit35
10-12-2005, 04:11 PM

Boselli was doing incredible, until injuries ruined his career. The Texans made a huge mistake taking him #1 in their expansion draft. What a waist of money. You know they knew he probably wasnt going to play again.

Sully
10-12-2005, 04:14 PM
I was under the impression they drafted Boselli as some sort of deal with the Jags, so that they could draft another Jag, nad in the process help Jax with their cap. I've forgotten all the details, but that's the impression I was under and admit I could be way off.

Eleazar
10-12-2005, 04:23 PM

If I'm not mistaken he started for most of the year last year.

TRR
10-12-2005, 04:25 PM
I remember getting on the Saints board when we got Willie, and they told me that Victor Riley is every bit as good as Roaf, only younger.

LOL!

BigChiefFan
10-12-2005, 04:27 PM
Boselli was on his way, IMO. The guy was a beast. I remember seeing him make Bruce Smith look like a high schooler.

Brock
10-12-2005, 04:42 PM
Boselli was on his way, IMO. The guy was a beast. I remember seeing him make Bruce Smith look like a high schooler.

And I remember Jason Taylor making Boselli look like one of Jerry's kids.

nascher
10-12-2005, 04:53 PM
the whole texans o-line is a joke !!! Carr is once pace to be sacked 100+ times this season and he already has the alltime record with 79.