PDA

View Full Version : Patriots Learn Lesson from Falcons -- All Injured Players Listed as Probable

Amnorix
10-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Not that 1/10th of this board will care about any of this, but...

Historically, the Patriots have been extremely secretive about injury reports. They make the NSA look like a transparent organization compared to the way they deal with injuries. Part of this approach involves listing just about every player who is injured as "questionable", or having a 50/50 chance of playing.

Although sportswriters typically indicate that listing a player as "probable" means they have a 75% chance of playing, the real rule is that a player listed as probable is "virtually certain of playing".

Last week, Vick was listed as probable all week, before being downgraded to questionable on Saturday afternoon. The NFL took no action against the Falcons, despite some "interesting" statements by coach Jim Mora, Jr. after the game. The fact that Falcons GM McKay is chairman of the Competition Committee I"m sure had no impact on the NFL's decision not to fine Atlanta at all.

This week, for the first time, not a single Patriots player is listed as "questionable". Instead, two are out, and the rest are probable. I'm sure, however, that this is all a complete coincidence.

"Think the Patriots were amused at Falcons quarterback Michael Vick being probable last week, and not playing?

Check out this week's injury report.

After weeks of listing their players as questionable, the Patriots shook things up this week on their injury report:

Offensive tackle Matt Light -- out
Running back Kevin Faulk -- out
Outside linebacker Tully Banta-Cain (knee) -- probable
Quarterback Tom Brady (right shoulder) -- probable
Receiver Troy Brown (foot) -- probable
Outside linebacker Matt Chatham (knee) -- probable
Running back Corey Dillon (ankle) -- probable
Cornerback Randall Gay (ankle) -- probable
Defensive lineman Jarvis Green (shoulder) -- probable
Defensive lineman Marquise Hill (ankle) -- probable
Linebacker/special teams ace Larry Izzo (thigh) -- probable
Outside linebacker Willie McGinest (finger) -- probable
Cornerback Tyrone Poole (ankle) -- probable
Safety James Sanders (ankle) -- probable
Safety Guss Scott (knee) -- probable
Defensive lineman Richard Seymour (knee) -- probable
Cornerback Duane Starks (thigh) -- probable"

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Reaper16
10-12-2005, 02:21 PM
lol. That Pats are taking cute shots at everything that ticks them off this season, huh? Brady gets pissed at a Marty compliment, and now they exagerrate the injury report. I think it's funny. Sounds like something I'd do. Whatever motivates you, I guess.

Amnorix
10-12-2005, 02:26 PM
Yeah, this is definitely Belichick flipping te bird at the NFL.

The injury report is a joke anyway -- primarily designed to help make sure gamblers stay happy. NFL is ridiculously hypocritical when it comes to that.

jspchief
10-12-2005, 02:30 PM
Wow, things get rough in Beantown and the Pats start acting like spoiled kids.

Saulbadguy
10-12-2005, 02:36 PM
The injury report is a joke anyway -- primarily designed to help make sure gamblers stay happy.
Primarily? Gambling is the only reason its there.

jspchief
10-12-2005, 02:37 PM
Primarily? Gambling is the only reason its there.Fantasy football

Brock
10-12-2005, 02:37 PM
Stop talking about that team.

Hammock Parties
10-12-2005, 02:38 PM
Awesome. ROFL

Amnorix
10-12-2005, 02:44 PM

I'll get right on that... ROFL :p

Mile High Mania
10-12-2005, 03:41 PM
What took Big Bill so long? Shanahan has tricked with the injury list for years...

HolmeZz
10-12-2005, 04:29 PM
Vick was downgraded to questionable on like the Friday before.

Phobia
10-12-2005, 04:34 PM
Yeah, this is definitely Belichick flipping te bird at the NFL.

The injury report is a joke anyway -- primarily designed to help make sure gamblers stay happy. NFL is ridiculously hypocritical when it comes to that.

If it is really a joke, then why the "retaliation" from BB? If it were a joke, then why would he respond at all to the Vick thing?

dtebbe
10-12-2005, 08:53 PM

Go change your Tampax Tommy

DT