PDA

View Full Version : FFL Advice

DJay23
10-13-2005, 04:37 PM
I've got a bit of a dilemma. Trent is my starter and I just picked up Brunell this week. I can't decide who to start. I've lost 3 straight after starting 2-0 and it's because of poor quarterback performance.

My instinct is to start Green after a bye and after Gonzo has complained about not getting the ball. Seems like after that happens he suddenly catches 3 TD's per game and the offense opens up. The problem is that Washington is great against the pass (#6 @178.3 ypg). Brunell has been throwing TD's and to top it off, I also have Santana Moss as one of my starting receivers.

So what do you think? Will Washington try to throw it all day against our suspect pass D? Will they take their chances of keeping our offense off the field by running Portis wild? Will Gonzo finally have a big game? Will Roaf's return mean better pass coverage and greater comfort for Green in the pocket? I'm torn. Help me out, I need a big week from my QB!

DJay23
10-13-2005, 04:40 PM
The rest of my starters:

RB - E. James
RB - Tiki Barber
WR - Santana Moss
WR - Houshmandzadeh, Mark Clayton, or Samie Parker (depends on Housh's health).
TE - Randy McMichael
D/ST - Chicago

Mr. Laz
10-13-2005, 04:40 PM
our pass defense is just so putrid ... philly didn't even have to fake any real attempt to run.

gotta go with the guy throwing against our defense.

tough, tough choice with Roaf coming back though

you can double dip with Brunell/Moss too

chop
10-13-2005, 04:42 PM
I think the Chiefs turn on the offense this week. Roaf is back and the Chiefs will not be as worried about protecting Green. Also, Roaf is a great tackle and will give Trent more time to throw this week than he's been getting all year. The Chiefs will dominate the Redskins this week.

CosmicPal
10-13-2005, 04:42 PM
The rest of my starters:

RB - E. James
RB - Tiki Barber
WR - Santana Moss
WR - Houshmandzadeh, Mark Clayton, or Samie Parker (depends on Housh's health).
TE - Randy McMichael
D/ST - Chicago

Who are your reserves?

chop
10-13-2005, 04:43 PM
you can double dip with Brunell/Moss too

When the Chiefs shut out the Redskins you'll be singing a different tune. :shake:

DJay23
10-13-2005, 05:00 PM
Who are your reserves?
RB - Dominic Rhodes
RB - DeShaun Foster
WR - Andre Johnson
TE - Todd Heap
D/ST - 49ers (long story)
K - Jay Feeley

Shayne Graham is my starting kicker, forgot that one.

DJay23
10-13-2005, 05:03 PM
I'm really leaning toward Green, but I'm concerned that the Chiefs will want to attack their run D more than pass D, since that is their perceived defensive weakness. That will lower Green's numbers as they have all year.

Brunell is a savvy vet. He should have little problem carving us apart unless we get an inspired performance from the defensive front. He's not as mobile any more.

CosmicPal
10-13-2005, 05:12 PM
You have both Heap and McMichael as your TE's? How'd that happen?

It's that time of the season where some of your players have already had their byes. If McMichael has already had his bye-week, which I believe he has, unload Heap in a trade.

Brunell is hot now, but he won't last. Trust me. Offer him and Heap for someone's starting or reserve QB.

Keep Green- you know now that Roaf and Welbourne are back that Green will be his old self again. He'll get you a couple of monster games. Brunell won't.

But, to answer your question/s- I'd start Green. KC will try to establish the running game over Roaf's backside. Once they do that, they'll get a little pass happy with TG and the backs coming out of the field. Expect Parker to come out of his shell and have a surprisingly big game. KC is a monster against the NFC- no matter who the team is. You have to play Green- he has more upside and tangibles than Brunell. No question about it.

DJay23
10-13-2005, 05:40 PM
You have both Heap and McMichael as your TE's? How'd that happen?

It's that time of the season where some of your players have already had their byes. If McMichael has already had his bye-week, which I believe he has, unload Heap in a trade.

Brunell is hot now, but he won't last. Trust me. Offer him and Heap for someone's starting or reserve QB.

Keep Green- you know now that Roaf and Welbourne are back that Green will be his old self again. He'll get you a couple of monster games. Brunell won't.

But, to answer your question/s- I'd start Green. KC will try to establish the running game over Roaf's backside. Once they do that, they'll get a little pass happy with TG and the backs coming out of the field. Expect Parker to come out of his shell and have a surprisingly big game. KC is a monster against the NFC- no matter who the team is. You have to play Green- he has more upside and tangibles than Brunell. No question about it.
I think I'm all but convinced. I've made the switch. Just waiting to see if Housh goes this week. If he doesn't I might go with Parker.

I do need a wide receiver, maybe I will do some shopping.

The story with the tight ends is that I took Heap as my first tight end, then in like the 13th round out of 17, McMichael was still there (he could possibly be serving a suspension for something or other). I jumped all over that. The thing I'm worried about is that if McMichael does get suspended, (I still haven't been able to find out for what) then I could get screwed. McMichael has caught a TD pass almost every week.

Mile High Mania
10-13-2005, 06:58 PM
I think Brunell could do well, but... it's Arrowhead and WAS had a tough road game last week. KC is coming off a bye and determined to move to 3-2 and keep within striking distance of Denver and pace with the Chargers.

Trent has done nothing to warrant anything this season, but I think that could very well change this week.

I don't think I'd double dip this week at Arrowhead... diversify.

Miles
10-13-2005, 07:01 PM
Im also a bit hesitant to start for some reason but I think he could have a really nice game. My other options are Plummer and Leftwich and I am already starting portis. Going to make the game odd to watch.