PDA

View Full Version : Romanowski admits steroid use

Braincase
10-13-2005, 04:42 PM
***FORMER BRONCO/RAIDER BILL ROMANOWSKI ADMITS CHEATING*** (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4989824)

Romanowski admits using steroids from Conte

Bill Romanowski used steroids and human growth hormone supplied by Victor Conte, the former NFL linebacker tells CBS' 60 Minutes in an interview to be broadcast Sunday.

Romanowski said he took illegal steroids for a two-year period starting in 2001 and got them from Conte, the former head of the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative, which has been at the center of a steroids controversy in several sports.
"I took (human growth hormone) for a brief period and ... I definitely didn't receive what I got out of THG," Romanowski said, referring to another drug he got from Conte.

In November 2003, the NFL notified Romanowski that he tested positive for the steroid THG.

Romanowski played linebacker for the San Francisco 49ers, Philadelphia Eagles, Denver Broncos and Oakland Randy Moss and the Raiderz in a 16-year career that ended in 2003.

Last May, he agreed to pay former Randy Moss and the Raiderz teammate Marcus Williams $415,000 in damages for a hit to the face during a practice drill in 2003. Williams' career ended after his eye socket was broken.

Romanowski played for the Randy Moss and the Raiderz during their 2002 Super Bowl season.

He writes about his NFL career in a soon-to-be-released book, Romo, My Life on the Edge.

Rain Man
10-13-2005, 04:43 PM
I'm stunned. Stunned, I tell you! Romanowski cheated?!?!?!?!

tk13
10-13-2005, 04:45 PM
The entire Broncos organization used to work very, very closely with BALCO, I'd guarantee he's not the only one from those teams that is guilty of that...

Rain Man
10-13-2005, 04:45 PM
He writes about his NFL career in a soon-to-be-released book, Romo, My Life on the Edge.

Ah. Trying to drum up book sales, I see.

I really wish that he wouldn't sell a single copy, or that the NFL would rule that criminals can't profit from their crimes and sue to get the profits of this stupid and undoubtedly ghost-written book.

nychief
10-13-2005, 04:46 PM
NO!

listopencil
10-13-2005, 04:56 PM
Holy crap! I never would have guessed it.

Dunit35
10-13-2005, 05:07 PM
I had no idea! What a ghey, nothing good should ever happen for him.

Extra Point
10-13-2005, 05:15 PM
You mean to tell me he didn't before '01? BALCO is the tip of the iceberg! Guess you have to buy Romo's book to find what's under the water. I don't, because I think they left out the chapter entitled "See Snakes!"

Calcountry
10-13-2005, 05:20 PM
He also played for the fartywhiners.

philfree
10-13-2005, 05:22 PM
So in the Donks Championship years they had cap violations, players on steroids and caught cheating in the playoff game against the Chiefs when they had forgotten to showe after their pregame crisco party? Them Donk fans sure have alot to be proud of.

PhilFree:arrow:

listopencil
10-13-2005, 05:33 PM
So in the Donks Championship years they had cap violations, players on steroids and caught cheating in the playoff game against the Chiefs when they had forgotten to showe after their pregame crisco party? Them Donk fans sure have alot to be proud of.

http://www.sallyminker.com/art/2-d/images/grapes-print.jpg

Braincase
10-13-2005, 05:33 PM

They're too busy being mad at Eddie Kennison for choosing his pregnant, lupus-afflicted wife over them to deal with the reality of their own dishonor.

Taco John
10-13-2005, 05:36 PM

You're not too swift... Here's some help:

"Romanowski said he took illegal steroids for a two-year period starting in 2001"

2001 was his last year as a starter, and he was looking over his shoulder.

Fish
10-13-2005, 05:38 PM
Insert utterly and completely shocked response here

Braincase
10-13-2005, 05:39 PM
You're not too swift... Here's some help:

"Romanowski said he took illegal steroids for a two-year period starting in 2001"

2001 was his last year as a starter, and he was looking over his shoulder.

Jezzus, TJ. That's when he ADMITS to starting. You can't tell me you're that freakin' gullible, are you?

Wait... you still think that the salary cap violations were an innocent oversite and your trophies aren't tarnished.

You are that gullible. Sorry if I caused any doubt.

Extra Point
10-13-2005, 05:54 PM
ASS-TE-RISK of getting caught. No-brainer here.... Of course, that's what Lyle Alzodo tried to say, 20 years ago. My boy may be the skinniest wide-out/free safety in the game, but he's gonna stay that way, and thank goodness the head coach for his team is a bigger man for it.......

KCJake
10-13-2005, 06:28 PM
My boy may be the skinniest wide-out/free safety in the game, but he's gonna stay that way, and thank goodness the head coach for his team is a bigger man for it.......
:rolleyes:

Mile High Mania
10-13-2005, 06:42 PM
I thought this was a Chiefs' board? Take this shit elsewhere...

Bwana
10-13-2005, 06:47 PM
The sun sets in the west.

Boardin Bronco
10-13-2005, 09:44 PM
The entire Broncos organization used to work very, very closely with BALCO, I'd guarantee he's not the only one from those teams that is guilty of that...

The year Romo started with BALCO, he was shown the door and ended up helping Oakland make to the Super Bowl.

The Chiefs have plenty of steroid users attached to their franchise in recent years: Johnny Morton (BALCO client), Mike Cloud (suspended by the NFL for steroids) and John Welbourn.

tk13
10-13-2005, 09:51 PM
The year Romo started with BALCO, he was shown the door and ended up helping Oakland make to the Super Bowl.

The Chiefs have plenty of steroid users attached to their franchise in recent years: Johnny Morton (BALCO client), Mike Cloud (suspended by the NFL for steroids) and John Welbourn.
Actually, during the Broncos Super Bowl seasons they worked hand in hand with BALCO labratories to increase athletic performance. Also, John Elway used to be one of their spokespersons and appeared on their website. I've posted the links to all this stuff before...

tk13
10-13-2005, 09:59 PM
This is from a 1999 Victor Conte interview before any of this BALCO-steroid stuff got started...

BL: Victor, why don't you tell us about yourself and provide some background on BALCO Laboratories.

VC: I'm the founder and director of BALCO Laboratories in Burlingame, California. BALCO has been in existence for about 15 years. We specialize in mineral and trace element assessment and do research with elite Olympic and professional athletes.

BL: In what capacity do you work with these elite athletes?

VC: We provide a comprehensive mineral and trace element assessment and, based upon the athletes' test results; we make specific nutritional supplementation recommendations.

BL: And I understand you've also worked with some of the players on the Denver Broncos?

VC: Yes. We've provided testing and consultation for over 250 NFL players, including the entire Denver Broncos Super Bowl championship team, as well the entire Miami Dolphins team, including their coaches and trainers.

http://www.snac.com/maq_interview_victor.htm

tk13
10-13-2005, 10:03 PM
Athletes looking for an edge have sworn by Conte's prescription of high-tech "chemical element analysis" followed by nutritional supplements - usually his signature product ZMA. BALCO promised athletes a 30 percent increase in testosterone levels - and greater strength and endurance, fewer muscle cramps, even more restful sleep.

"Victor's the man," said Oakland Rai-ders linebacker Bill Romanowski in the Dec. 2000 issue of Muscular Development Magazine. He played for Denver at the time. "I've got about 90 percent of the Broncos on ZMA. The guys are telling me they sleep better and feel better!"

But several years later, Tafralis tested positive for steroids, one of five Olympians featured on Conte's Web sites who have tested positive over the years. There is no indication they received steroids from Conte.

In the following years, Conte and his companies seemed to be approaching peak performance, as he claimed to provide testing and nutritional products to hundreds of top athletes, including Olympic sprinters Tim Montgomery and Marion Jones; and football players John Elway, Dan Marino and Bill Romanowski.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2003/10/26/CONTE.TMP

tk13
10-13-2005, 10:09 PM
In its Thursday story on the BALCO raid, the San Jose Mercury News reported that as of Wednesday, the BALCO Web site said runners such as Jones, Montgomery and Regina Jacobs have used BALCO products. Those athletes did not appear on BALCO's Web site as clients, but former Broncos Bill Romanowski and John Elway did.

http://usoc.gazette.com/fullstory.php?id=936

Consistent1
10-13-2005, 10:29 PM
I'm stunned. Stunned, I tell you! Romanowski cheated?!?!?!?!

Cheating related to steroids in the NFL? Only cheating yourself for not being with the program. Get real, this isn't baseball...

Reaper16
10-13-2005, 10:35 PM
http://www.sallyminker.com/art/2-d/images/grapes-print.jpg
Constipated grapes? I don't get it.

Boardin Bronco
10-13-2005, 11:34 PM
That interview with Victor Conte was in 1999 long before THG was even invented. In the grand jury testomony, the Broncos had as many ex-players (Romo) as Chiefs ex-players (Johnnie Morton) testifying. The players that testified were the ones connected to THG use.

All I know is, the NFL has busted two Chiefs in recent years for failing steroid tests and there have been zero Broncos that have tested positive.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-13-2005, 11:40 PM
And in other news tonight, the sky is blue.

Mile High Mania
10-14-2005, 05:47 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_3115222

OldTownChief
10-14-2005, 06:00 AM
All I know is, the NFL has busted two Chiefs in recent years for failing steroid tests and there have been zero Broncos that have tested positive.

The Chiefs tested positive soon after a game with the Broncos in which Romo SPAT upon them.

Inspector
10-14-2005, 06:50 AM
Well, it could have been worse I guess.

Soemtimes that stuff can make a person overly aggressive and liable to commit criminal assault.

Romo would never do anything like that. I think he was a Sunday school teacher.

Brock
10-14-2005, 07:05 AM
"I killed Nicole" - OJ

Fish
10-14-2005, 08:09 AM
"His spit in the face of San Francisco receiver J.J. Stokes during a 1997 game was captured up close by "Monday Night Football" cameras. He mocked the intelligence of Pittsburgh quarterback Kordell Stewart during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. In his "60 Minutes" interview, Romanowski spoke about how he purposely snapped a finger that he felt at the bottom of pile, thinking the finger belonged to New York Giants running back Dave Meggett. It did."

Man I hate that guy.... How dirty can you be?? It is no coincidence that he played for both Denver and Oakland.........

Rain Man
10-14-2005, 08:19 AM
In his "60 Minutes" interview, Romanowski spoke about how he purposely snapped a finger that he felt at the bottom of pile, thinking the finger belonged to New York Giants running back Dave Meggett. It did.

That truly is disgusting.

It really annoys me that this guy is now trying to make money by recounting all the ways that he was a lying, cheating jerk. Anyone dumb enough to buy his book is probably too dumb to read it.

Dinny Bossa Nova
10-14-2005, 08:47 AM
That truly is disgusting.

It really annoys me that this guy is now trying to make money by recounting all the ways that he was a lying, cheating jerk. Anyone dumb enough to buy his book is probably too dumb to read it.

Certainly not outloud.

Dinny

Braincase
10-14-2005, 08:54 AM
Certainly not outloud.

Dinny

Watch, TJ's lips are moving...

milehighfan
10-14-2005, 08:59 AM
I know the chiefs fans will probably say no, but how many of you would take some enhancement to play in the NFL? Millions of dollars, increased performance, playoff victories, superbowl. Is Romanowski worried about his legacy? His legacy is hard hits, playing somewhat dirty, and probably 20 Million to his wife and kids. Not a bad tradeoff in my book. As many in NASCAR say, if you aren't cheating you aren't trying.

Brock
10-14-2005, 09:00 AM
I know the chiefs fans will probably say no, but how many of you would take some enhancement to play in the NFL? Millions of dollars, increased performance, playoff victories, superbowl. Is Romanowski worried about his legacy? His legacy is hard hits, playing somewhat dirty, and probably 20 Million to his wife and kids. Not a bad tradeoff in my book. As many in NASCAR say, if you aren't cheating you aren't trying.

He'll probably die before he's fifty. I'd say it was worth it.

milehighfan
10-14-2005, 09:02 AM
So did John Candy, and the only enhancement he took was cheeseburgers.

Biohazard
10-14-2005, 09:09 AM
Gaurd Lambert : Are'nt they legal?

Paul 'Wrecking' Crewe : No their not.

Guard Lambert : Am I a loser?

Paul 'Wrecking' Crewe : Yes you are.

Guard Lambert : OH GODDAMN IT!

BigRedChief
10-14-2005, 09:24 AM

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son

So personal honor and integrity are for sale huh? Whats the cut off line? $1,000,000? $500,000? Wheres the line that you sell your honor for money?

Consistent1
10-14-2005, 03:05 PM
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son

So personal honor and integrity are for sale huh? Whats the cut off line? $1,000,000? $500,000? Wheres the line that you sell your honor for money?

You guys are terribly misinformed about responsible steroid use. It's not gonna kill you before your 50, make you an asshole or any of that crap. That's propaganda that the government and media puts out. Like someone else once put it, "take a guy who is an asshole and put him on gear, chances are he might be more of an asshole". Most guys that use would never give off the slightest behavioral sign of it. Arnold used a ton more than any football player ever does. Despite some problems that MAY be somewhat related, is doing real well. Alzado was a lying sack of shit, and as many know had other problems and put them off on steroids. I ain't even gonna start an argument by stating what percentage users I think would be using steroids on EVERY single team in the NFL. I can just tell you it would be high. I shouldn't even really post this kind of truthful stuff, because most of the cool guys get the benefit of the doubt from you guys. Get real guys, there are lots of guys on performance enhancers in all sports, and they all work like mother-f'ers to achieve their goals. If any of you guys think that you can take some juice and half-ass lift and make it to the NFL, you would be dead wrong.

sedated
10-14-2005, 03:29 PM
say it ain't so, Romo.
I thought he beat the f*ck out of a teammate because he was an intense competitor.

cdcox
10-14-2005, 03:39 PM
The BALCO association is just another taint on the the Bronco's championship. I'm glad steroids weren't invented the last time the Chiefs won a Superbowl.

Wait, that didn't come out right.

dtebbe
10-14-2005, 06:27 PM
And the pope drinks wine....

DT

dtebbe
10-14-2005, 06:29 PM
If I was the guy Romo pounded I would be suing Balco & Conte for selling a mind altering substance to someone who then ruined my career.

Barry Bonds and Sammy Sosa are cheaters too, hopefully one of them will get hard up for money, write a book and then fess up too.

DT

Calcountry
10-14-2005, 07:01 PM
You guys are terribly misinformed about responsible steroid use. It's not gonna kill you before your 50, make you an asshole or any of that crap. That's propaganda that the government and media puts out. Like someone else once put it, "take a guy who is an asshole and put him on gear, chances are he might be more of an asshole". Most guys that use would never give off the slightest behavioral sign of it. Arnold used a ton more than any football player ever does. Despite some problems that MAY be somewhat related, is doing real well. Alzado was a lying sack of shit, and as many know had other problems and put them off on steroids. I ain't even gonna start an argument by stating what percentage users I think would be using steroids on EVERY single team in the NFL. I can just tell you it would be high. I shouldn't even really post this kind of truthful stuff, because most of the cool guys get the benefit of the doubt from you guys. Get real guys, there are lots of guys on performance enhancers in all sports, and they all work like mother-f'ers to achieve their goals. If any of you guys think that you can take some juice and half-ass lift and make it to the NFL, you would be dead wrong.Thank you Big Daddy.