PDA

View Full Version : So is priest gonna start getting the bulk of carries

mac58
10-14-2005, 12:36 PM
i saw something real quick on TV saying they wer abandoning the system of 2 sets for priest 1 for larry. Any truth to that or is this gonna continue?

dsgreene285
10-14-2005, 12:41 PM
nothings changing according to DV's press conference on Tuesday. Well, that was three days ago...

mac58
10-14-2005, 12:42 PM
i really think they need to change this at least make priest there go to redzone guy.

Mr. Laz
10-14-2005, 12:58 PM
i don't think having 2 RB is a problem as long as the coaching staff knows when one type of RB is needed and which time one fits.

this predetermined carries is bad policy.... let the game dictate when one or the other is in.

htismaqe
10-14-2005, 01:02 PM
i don't think having 2 RB is a problem as long as the coaching staff knows when one type of RB is needed and which time one fits.

this predetermined carries is bad policy.... let the game dictate when one or the other is in.

:bravo:

Dunit35
10-14-2005, 01:06 PM

You know, it wouldnt surprise me if Priest was on fire and they leave him in there, giving LJ carries only when Priest needs a break. Wouldnt suprise me at at all. Maybe DV is telling people they are sticking with the 2-1 method but actually they are not going to.

dsgreene285
10-14-2005, 01:34 PM
You know, it wouldnt surprise me if Priest was on fire and they leave him in there, giving LJ carries only when Priest needs a break. Wouldnt suprise me at at all. Maybe DV is telling people they are sticking with the 2-1 method but actually they are not going to.

I'm for some kind of rotation....and I'd prefer one that's dictated by the game situation. But in the end, they both need to play. One of the hardest things for a defense to do is adjust to a change of pace back, provided you've got an O-line that is blocking. Jet's game was a perfect example of that.

mac58
10-14-2005, 01:36 PM
i dont know bout any of this its been tried for 4 games and has really only worked once and that was against a shell shjocked jets. I think priest needs to get bulk of carries and larry needs to only come in when priest needs a break