PDA

View Full Version : football thread

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-14-2005, 03:37 PM
this thread is for one thing and one thing only
since some people are saying we dont talk about football on this thread anymore i say we start with this thread.

anything from the shape, size, colors, texture of a football. to
what teams suck, need improvement, have bad coaches, or are cheaters
talk about movies about football that where awsome, the ones that sucked
talk about when you played football

oh yeah the chiefs, dont for get the chiefs

Demonpenz
10-14-2005, 03:48 PM
anyone see the latest survivor?

leviw
10-14-2005, 03:49 PM
I love lamp

Chiefsrocker
10-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Why is a football shaped likeit is??? Why isnt it different colors??? Why are there only 4 downs instead of 3 or 5??? Whats going on here???

Clint in Wichita
10-14-2005, 03:53 PM
If you want a decent amount of replies, your going to have to grow some tits.

And a vagina. Don't forget the vagina.

Hydrae
10-14-2005, 04:06 PM
K balls suck

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-14-2005, 04:06 PM
survior sucks, i love lamps too, leather is brown, you grow a brain and i will try to grow tits

Rain Man
10-14-2005, 04:09 PM
When I see some of those old football clips from the 1950s, it weirds me out that they're using a white football.

siberian khatru
10-14-2005, 04:11 PM
When I see some of those old football clips from the 1950s, it weirds me out that they're using a white football.

Thankfully, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 changed that.

Warrior5
10-14-2005, 04:30 PM
oh yeah the chiefs, dont forget the chiefs

Thanks for the reminder onescrew!

I realize the Skins D is formidable, but I'm confident that Roaf's return to the line, along with the extra time to get their collective crap together, will allow the Chiefs O to bust loose this game. They have no excuses for not being able to run the ball and stretch the field with Gonales. No turnovers!

Now the other side of the ball...

Santana Moss is a force, Brunell is a mobile QB with a rifle for an arm, and Portis has had the Chiefs' number since he came into the league. How is Gun going to scheme to contain the Skins' O?

As usual, the key is disrupting the Skins backfield. Our F4 alone ain't gonna cut it. Even with McMe-owned starting, our CBs must jam more at LOS to disrupt Brunell's timing and facilitate pressure. Brunell can run, so the OLBs have to keep containment. Put Mitchell on Portis duty all day. When the Skins show a 3 TE set, safetys must cheat up.

I'm confident the Chiefs will turn it around Sunday.

Mr. Laz
10-14-2005, 05:16 PM
http://mariah.stonemarche.org/favlinks/pigs_fly.jpg

Jenny Gump
10-14-2005, 05:17 PM
I am amazed at how football pants can make an ugly man desirable.

vailpass
10-14-2005, 05:27 PM

Have you taken a late-night dinner cruise lately; somewhere outside of Minneapolis?

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-14-2005, 05:44 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

at least someone takes me serious

chiefsfaninNC
10-14-2005, 05:45 PM
I can't wait to see the defense now that Warfiled is back. I hope to see tighter coverage from the corners and more blitzing from our Backers. Unfortunately with our d line the only way to get consistent pressure on the QB will be with blitzes.

Skip Towne
10-14-2005, 06:04 PM
How much does a football weigh?

Earthling
10-14-2005, 06:23 PM
How much does a football weigh?
I heard about a quarter pound..but I think that figure was inflated.

Skip Towne
10-14-2005, 06:26 PM
I heard about a quarter pound..but I think that figure was inflated.
Sorry, I'm just having trouble keeping football as the main topic. What year did the New York Titans discontinue football operations?

Calcountry
10-14-2005, 06:50 PM
How much does a football weigh?Football? What's a football?

Calcountry
10-14-2005, 06:50 PM
Sorry, I'm just having trouble keeping football as the main topic. What year did the New York Titans discontinue football operations?Remember the Titans.

Rain Man
10-14-2005, 06:56 PM
Remember the Titans.

No, no, no. You're thinking of the Alamo.

Calcountry
10-14-2005, 06:58 PM
No, no, no. You're thinking of the Alamo.Thats right, the Saints came marching in there this year, I forgot. Thanks for reminding me.

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-14-2005, 06:59 PM
remeber the titans was a bad ass movie

plbrdude
10-14-2005, 09:31 PM
i think they should make the move back to leather helmets. that being said we need to find a coach who can reteach basic fundamentals such as planting a shoulder on somebodies numbers, wrapping up and driving them into the ground.

plbrdude
10-14-2005, 09:31 PM
on defense of course

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-14-2005, 09:37 PM
i think they should make the move back to leather helmets. that being said we need to find a coach who can reteach basic fundamentals such as planting a shoulder on somebodies numbers, wrapping up and driving them into the ground.

i agree, time to start over with the fundamentals
kill the other team players, break the facemasks, knees to the balls

oh yeah then we would be just like the donks, exept with less sodamy

Pitt Gorilla
10-14-2005, 09:39 PM
Major Applewhite.

tiptap
10-14-2005, 10:56 PM
Teams tend to copy things that work. It sort of like a pride of lions picking on the wounded lion. Despite lack of a passing treat Washington will be looking to pass the ball. Their defense will be looking to rush right under, over, around and through our RT. We will have Roaf back and that means maybe that TG can be more than a blocking TE in hot reads. And it is the hot reads that need to be on the plate this week. And not telegraphed please. I don't think this years Redskins' defense is as good as last year. I do think we can move on them.
But on our defense I can't believe we won't have Warfield available. I just don't think I can understand that he won't be active. If he isn't ready after being a starter last year than there is something wrong with the head strong approach of Vermeil (or Cunningham). They have failed to articulate why he can't redeem himself playing CB. This is the team you bring him back to play. They aren't naturally strong passing team. It is the perfect game to get him reps. It is unfathomable considering that number of yards gained through the air on this defense. This is the same pattern as last year. And unless you are willing to shake things up teams will be attacking the wounded animal again.

Phobia
10-14-2005, 11:49 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

at least someone takes me serious

I totally take you seriously.

Extra Point
10-15-2005, 07:17 AM
Dump the Kicking Ball

Playing football is a privilege. I had Rain Man's avatar for a build, and played TE, DE, and ROE on ST. Wouldn't trade that experience for anything!

Washington won't win Sunday, no matter what the coaching staff does/doesn't do, the 12th man won't let it happen