PDA

View Full Version : So if Denver has a dominating defense, what does KC have?

donkhater
10-17-2005, 07:03 AM
Washington vs. Denver:

447 total yards
322 yards passing
125 yards rushing
19 points
0 turnovers

Washington vs. KC:

398 total yards
297 yards passing
101 yards rushing
21 points
3 turnovers

:hmmm: just asking.

the Talking Can
10-17-2005, 07:06 AM
Jared Allen

Lonewolf Ed
10-17-2005, 07:07 AM
What does KC have? Hopefully, the AFC defensive player of the week in Jared Allen!

SCChief
10-17-2005, 07:09 AM
Dexter McPasson.

Oh! You mean what does he have that is good?

Have to go with Allen. None of the Donks' D-Linemen dominated the game like Jared did.

jspchief
10-17-2005, 07:17 AM
I'm not sure who's claiming Denver has a dominant D.

All the same, just looking at stats alone doesn't tell the whole story. If you've watched Denver play at all this year, you would recognize that they are better then KC. Their Defense has been very good since the Chargers game. They are getting solid play from all 3 parts of their D, and they are hitting hard.

the Talking Can
10-17-2005, 07:19 AM
you'd think, with 3 to's, our defensive stats would be better...

donkhater
10-17-2005, 07:26 AM
you'd think, with 3 to's, our defensive stats would be better...
Why? One thing is totally independant of the other.

BigRedChief
10-17-2005, 07:26 AM
This defense is having all kinds of issues stopping the passing game and only the homer of homers amoung us believes differently.

2 straight weeks with a WR getting 170 yards mostly at McCleons expense. The scheme sucks. This play off the ball 10 yards zone chit just pisses me off. What happened to the old Gun. Get on the line and smack them in the mouth scheme. Where's that scheme? If you can't do that because of McCleon get him the hell out of there.

Washington playing over Warfield? :banghead:

Only the deliusional would think that Washington is a better CB than Warfield. Washington would have given up the tying TD had Knight not come over and knock the ball away.

Mile High Mania
10-17-2005, 07:45 AM
Overall rankings show Denver has a top 5 rushing defense, but as a whole... they're statistically middle of the road.

They're in the bottom 7 with passing yardage, but aside from the time they trailed 3-0 yesterday, they've only trailed about 4 minutes total the last 5 games.

That's crazy... NE kicks that FG in the 1st quarter and it was the first time since week 1 that Denver actually trailed in a game.

So, teams are passing to play catch up. The team played much better yesterday and I expect everyone to say "NE was beat up and they still nearly won it".

Whatever. I said the same thing about the Broncos 'nearly' beating the Pats a few years ago when Danny Kannel had to start.

htismaqe
10-17-2005, 07:53 AM
Overall rankings show Denver has a top 5 rushing defense, but as a whole... they're statistically middle of the road.

They're in the bottom 7 with passing yardage, but aside from the time they trailed 3-0 yesterday, they've only trailed about 4 minutes total the last 5 games.

That's crazy... NE kicks that FG in the 1st quarter and it was the first time since week 1 that Denver actually trailed in a game.

So, teams are passing to play catch up. The team played much better yesterday and I expect everyone to say "NE was beat up and they still nearly won it".

Whatever. I said the same thing about the Broncos 'nearly' beating the Pats a few years ago when Danny Kannel had to start.

The Broncos look just like they have the last 2 years. They'll finish 10-6, back into the playoffs, and lose...

donkhater
10-17-2005, 07:56 AM
I'm not trying to take anything away from Denver. I agree, the old eyeball test on a defense sure shows that Denver is a more sound defense.

But, using some of the responses on a Washington board, Washington gutted it out at Denver and blew it at KC. Yet, KC actually put up a better defensive performance against them than Denver did.

donkhater
10-17-2005, 07:57 AM
The Broncos look just like they have the last 2 years. They'll finish 10-6, back into the playoffs, and lose...
Denver looks pretty decent, but I agree. Check out their last eight games. 5 tough ones on the road.

dirk digler
10-17-2005, 07:58 AM
I hate the Broncos more than any team in the NFL but IMO they are the best in the AFC right now.

Joe Seahawk
10-17-2005, 07:58 AM

To me, Denvers most impressive win was at Jax..

Mile High Mania
10-17-2005, 08:08 AM

I'll be one of the first to admit that the 5-1 start doesn't do much for me until they prove down the stretch that can win tough road games. 4 wins at home is nice and the win at Jax was good, but ... I want to see a winning road record down the stretch.

Compared to the last two 5-1 starts ... I do like this defense a lot better. So, we'll see what happens.

Mecca
10-17-2005, 08:17 AM
I hate the Broncos more than any team in the NFL but IMO they are the best in the AFC right now.

Wouldn't the Colts be the best in the AFC? They are the only team that hasn't lost. Not to mention they own the Broncos.......

ArrowheadHawk
10-17-2005, 08:20 AM
Wouldn't the Colts be the best in the AFC? They are the only team that hasn't lost. Not to mention they own the Broncos.......
:thumb:

Extra Point
10-17-2005, 08:21 AM
We'd better win the rest of our division games if we have a prayer of not playing at Mile High. Hoping for other teams' bad luck is not fun. Like every other Chiefs fan, I'd like the Chiefs to create all their own luck.

dirk digler
10-17-2005, 08:29 AM

I am reserving judgement on the Colts. They have beat the Jags but their combined records on the teams they have played so far is 11-16 while Denver's is 17-16.

Cormac
10-17-2005, 08:37 AM
But, using some of the responses on a Washington board, Washington gutted it out at Denver and blew it at KC.

I can understand Wash fans thinking they blew it yesterday. Turning the ball over 3 times on the road and outgaining the opponent 150 yards, only to lose is a sickener for them. JMO.