PDA

View Full Version : AFC Playoffs going through Denver?

Hoover
10-17-2005, 08:11 AM
Well folks, as much as it pains me it looks like the playoffs will be going through Denver. At 5-1 they are in the drives seat in the AFC west, the have beat the Chiefs, Chargers and have yet to face the awful Raiders.

Sun Oct.23 at New York Giants Giants
Sun Oct.30 vs. PHILADELPHIA
BYE WEEK
Sun Nov.13 at Oakland
Sun Nov.20 vs. NEW YORK JETS
Thu Nov.24 at Dallas
Sun Dec. 4 at Kansas City
Sun Dec.11 vs. BALTIMORE
Sat Dec.17 at Buffalo
Sat Dec.24 vs. OAKLAND
Sat Dec.31 at San Diego

I can't see them being worse than .500 for the rest of the season, so that puts them at atleast 10-6, but I think its more likley that they finish with 11 or 12 wins.

This puts the Chiefs in a tough spot, to Win the division they will have to play great football, something we have yet to see this year, and to win a Wild Card spot there are a bunch of teams to beat out. I think we have the talent to make the playoffs, but every game is important now with the Broncos leading the division with Wins over the Chiefs and Chargers.

Mecca
10-17-2005, 08:13 AM
Don't jump to conclusions just yet, Denver has started 5-1 I believe 3 straight years now. They generally start strong and then fade as the year progresses.

SCChief
10-17-2005, 08:16 AM
Don't jump to conclusions just yet, Denver has started 5-1 I believe 3 straight years now. They generally start strong and then fade as the year progresses.

Yup! Besides... they have not had a division game on the road yet. We have at least won one division road game.

DaKCMan AP
10-17-2005, 08:17 AM
4-0 at home. 1-1 on the road.

Of their 10 remaining games:
6 are on the road including @KC, @SD, @Dallas, @NYG

Of the 4 at home, they play Philly & Baltimore.

I wouldn't give them the division, yet home field advantage, just yet.

Mile High Mania
10-17-2005, 08:20 AM
It's WAAAAAYYYYYYY too early for this nonsense...

Mile High Mania
10-17-2005, 08:25 AM
Ok, while it's early... I see this as a finish:

Sun Oct.23 at New York Giants Giants (TOUGH)
Sun Oct.30 vs. PHILADELPHIA (TOUGH)
BYE WEEK
Sun Nov.13 at Oakland (TOUGH)
Sun Nov.20 vs. NEW YORK JETS (WIN)
Thu Nov.24 at Dallas (TOUGH)
Sun Dec. 4 at Kansas City (TOUGH)
Sun Dec.11 vs. BALTIMORE
Sat Dec.17 at Buffalo (WIN)
Sat Dec.24 vs. OAKLAND (WIN)
Sat Dec.31 at San Diego (TOUGH)

I could see them losing at NY next week b/c they have a talented team and it will come down to the offense playing more consistently than they did against the Pats.

If McNabb is as hurt as he appears, then I like their chances of knocking off the Eagles in Denver.

@ KC, @ Dallas and @ SD are potential losses

I fear the BALT matchup even though they suck and the Ravens' defense is dinged up.

I could see Denver finishing the final 10 games at 6-4.

RINGLEADER
10-17-2005, 08:27 AM
Aren't they always 4-1 or 5-1 and don't they always end up playing at Indy and getting their azzes handed to them?

Goapics1
10-17-2005, 08:27 AM
Aren't they always 4-1 or 5-1 and don't they always end up playing at Indy and getting their azzes handed to them?
Yes, you are correct.

Mile High Mania
10-17-2005, 08:37 AM

Right ... which is why DEN needs to make sure they finish in the top 3 (with Indy) by winning the AFCW. :clap:

keg in kc
10-17-2005, 08:41 AM
My preseason predictions in the division have played out so far:

Denver starts 6-2 or 7-1, but goes 3-5 or worse in their second half.

KC starts 4-4 or 5-3, but goes 6-2 or 7-1 in the second half.

Oakland starts 0-5 or 1-4 and finishes 6-10 or worse

San Diego finishes around .500, no better than 9-7, no worse than 7-9.

Sam
10-17-2005, 08:51 AM
They're only 5-1 because they've played 4 of 'em at home. I can see them losing their next two in a row and maybe 3 since they've got to go to Oakland. They play 4 of their next 6 on the road, things could change a lot in the West Div. standings. They still have to play here and SD and two games against the Raiders, the Raiders can beat them in Denver. I don't see them running away from the Chiefs in the standings. I'll probably be more concerned about SD than Denver in another 6 weeks.

CupidStunt
10-17-2005, 09:08 AM

That and the fact they're getting everything at home.

KC has all 3 divisional opponents on the road within the first half of the season, setting them back potentially.

We'll rack 'em up later in the year.

Red Dawg
10-17-2005, 09:27 AM
The Colts will get the first seed but who gets the second is up in the air.

Hoover
10-17-2005, 09:40 AM
I still think its pretty easy for them to get to 10 wins.

Mr. Kotter
10-17-2005, 10:19 AM
They're only 5-1 because they've played 4 of 'em at home. I can see them losing their next two in a row and maybe 3 since they've got to go to Oakland. They play 4 of their next 6 on the road, things could change a lot in the West Div. standings. They still have to play here and SD and two games against the Randy Moss and the Raiderz, the Randy Moss and the Raiderz can beat them in Denver. I don't see them running away from the Chiefs in the standings. I'll probably be more concerned about SD than Denver in another 6 weeks.

Donks on the road are nothin' to fear.

Good post. :thumb:

Mile High Mania
10-17-2005, 10:52 AM
Donks on the road are nothin' to fear.

Good post. :thumb:

Historically, you're correct and until they prove otherwise ... that is their albatross. However, they did have a nice win at Jax a few weeks ago.

We'll see what happens. Denver has done what they're supposed to do so far - win at home and close out games when carrying a lead. Last year they didn't do that enough, like the Oakland game in Denver.

I like what this defense is doing a lot and the Bailey injury is very concerning, but so far - so good. I hate the RBBC, but I can't hate the results so far.

I think the Giants will test them hard next week and so will the Eagles in 2 weeks. However, I like Denver's chances of going 1-1 at the very least and heading into the bye week with a 6-2 record.

The come out of the bye with 3 of 4 road games - @ Oak, @ Dallas and @ KC... those are all 3 big games and right now I only give Denver a strong chance of winning at Oakland. I chalk up the KC game as a loss for Denver and it all depends on the health of Julius Jones regarding the Dallas game.

Denver will beat the Jets in Denver... so as long as they can enter the bye at 6-2 and come out 2-2 after those 4 games following the bye, I'll take 8-4 as they haad into the final 4 games vs Ravens, Bills, Raiders and Chargers. I can see them beating the 2005 version of the Ravens and the Raiders (both in Denver) and I like their chances vs the Bills.

That looks like a 10-11 win season... which would be fine as long as they win the AFCW... KC doesn't have an easy road either, so win out at home and go .500 on the road and Denver has 11 wins.

Sam
10-17-2005, 10:56 AM
I see this finish...

Team OVRL DIV
---------------------
Chiefs 10-6 4-2
Broncos 10-6 3-3
Chargers 9-7 4-2
_aiders 6-10 1-5

Mr. Kotter
10-17-2005, 11:04 AM
....That looks like a 10-11 win season... which would be fine as long as they win the AFCW... KC doesn't have an easy road either, so win out at home and go .500 on the road and Denver has 11 wins.

Don't misunderstand me, now. The Donks have been pretty impressive thus far; much more so, overall, than we have been.

I've gotta say, lookin' the remainder of our schedules though.....I like our chances--especially if the "Offense" comes around.

It's a long season, to be sure.

Spicy McHaggis
10-17-2005, 11:04 AM
The AFC is just a freaking madhouse right now. Its a cliche to say it but basically any team has a shot at making the playoffs, at least as a wild-card. The only teams I feel can start to be ruled out are the Jets (by no fault of their own really. When your starter and top back up its hard to bounce back), the Texans, the Fade, and the Browns.

All that said, the play-offs go through Indy. KC squeaks the division title or makes it as a WC.

Poster Nutbag
10-17-2005, 11:27 AM
Indy is WAAAY better than Denver. Their wins are more impressive.

vailpass
10-17-2005, 11:41 AM

Why are Indy's wins more impressive? It can't be the opponent's win-loss record?
Still, IMO Indy is the class of the AFC.
What scares me most about Indy is Dwight Freeney. They may have finally added the missing piece that makes them a legit SB team.

htismaqe
10-17-2005, 12:01 PM
Why are Indy's wins more impressive? It can't be the opponent's win-loss record?
Still, IMO Indy is the class of the AFC.
What scares me most about Indy is Dwight Freeney. They may have finally added the missing piece that makes them a legit SB team.

Dwight Freeney has been there for 3 years now.

Mr. Kotter
10-17-2005, 12:03 PM

Yup; Corey Simon is the more likely reason, using that logic.

vailpass
10-17-2005, 12:12 PM

:redface: Yes, thank you. Corey Simon is the name I was looking for. I'll shut up now. :doh!:

Mile High Mania
10-17-2005, 12:32 PM

Indy (5-0) has defeated...
Ravens (2-3) / Jags 4-2) / Browns (2-3) / Titans (2-4) / 49ers (1-4)

Combined W/L of 11-16

Broncos (5-1) have defeated...
Chargers (3-3) / Chiefs (3-2) / Jags (4-2) / Skins (3-3) / Patriots (3-3)
Lost to the Dolphins (2-3)

Combined W/L of 17-16 counting all 6 games. Denver has 5 wins against 5 teams at .500 or greater.

By no means am I suggesting that Denver is the best team in the AFC, I'd put them behind teams like the Colts, Steelers and Bengals right now.

TEX
10-17-2005, 12:34 PM
Lets see what happens when they finally have to play stretches on the road. This 4 home 2 road thing is over now.

Course, in typical fashon, they only have back to back road games once this whole season. :hmmm:

Mile High Mania
10-17-2005, 12:37 PM
Lets see what happens when they finally have to play stretches on the road. This 4 home 2 road thing is over now.

Very true and I'm not getting overly excited about 5-1 ... been there, done that... it's all about winning road games now. Nothing has been proven yet and it's only 6 games. The scheduling is brutal and injuries can sneak up and kill a team.

TEX
10-17-2005, 12:39 PM
Very true and I'm not getting overly excited about 5-1 ... been there, done that... it's all about winning road games now. Nothing has been proven yet and it's only 6 games. The scheduling is brutal and injuries can sneak up and kill a team.

Yep. But your road schedule, as it plays out, is not that difficult either. I mean only 1 back-to-back road situation is very manageable. The injuries are a different story all together. We'll see...

Inspector
10-17-2005, 12:40 PM
This is gonna hurt me more than you (my dad used to say), but I gotta say it.

Denver has been looking pretty damn good so far. So has the Chargers. This is a touigh division - even the Moss-aiders could come around....

Yep, that hurt. Oh man, hurt worse than I thought.

I'm going to the hospital and get some pain killers.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2005, 12:41 PM
Denver will fade as usual. They are the new Fade, since the Fade now fades at the BEGINNING of the season.

Mile High Mania
10-17-2005, 12:49 PM
Denver will fade as usual. They are the new Fade, since the Fade now fades at the BEGINNING of the season.

That's such a generic stance... I could easliy point to KC and say the defense and lack of solid receivers will once again cause KC's demise.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2005, 12:51 PM
That's such a generic stance... I could easliy point to KC and say the defense and lack of solid receivers will once again cause KC's demise.

Denver has established a pattern since Elway retired. Has KC? Not really.

alanm
10-17-2005, 01:05 PM
Denver always starts out hot. Then they do the Rick Flair face plant into the canvas. That's their M.O. They've had home field advantage so far this year. Most of the 2nd half their on the road. Just a matter of time. :)

Mile High Mania
10-17-2005, 01:08 PM
Denver has established a pattern since Elway retired. Has KC? Not really.

Not since Elway, no. Now, since Montana retired... sure, KC has a nice pattern of under achieving.

Mile High Mania
10-17-2005, 01:08 PM
Denver always starts out hot. Then they do the Rick Flair face plant into the canvas.

Now THAT was funny... I appreciate the Flair visual.

dirk digler
10-17-2005, 01:09 PM
Not since Elway, no. Now, since Montana retired... sure, KC has a nice pattern of under achieving.

In some cases over achieving.

Mile High Mania
10-17-2005, 01:12 PM
In some cases over achieving.

Well, since 1995 ... there have been 5 seasons with a better than .500 record. Two 9 win and three 13 win seasons...

Neither team has a playoff win since their former HOF QBs retired from football.

alanm
10-17-2005, 01:16 PM
Now THAT was funny... I appreciate the Flair visual.
I try my best. :) :thumb: :p :D

Calcountry
10-17-2005, 01:38 PM

Course, in typical fashon, they only have back to back road games once this whole season. :hmmm:Dude, everyone knows that Denver blood dopes for their high altitude advantage. :p

Valiant
10-17-2005, 01:41 PM
Well folks, as much as it pains me it looks like the playoffs will be going through Denver. At 5-1 they are in the drives seat in the AFC west, the have beat the Chiefs, Chargers and have yet to face the awful Randy Moss and the Raiderz.

Sun Oct.23 at New York Giants Giants
Sun Oct.30 vs. PHILADELPHIA
BYE WEEK
Sun Nov.13 at Oakland
Sun Nov.20 vs. NEW YORK JETS
Thu Nov.24 at Dallas
Sun Dec. 4 at Kansas City
Sun Dec.11 vs. BALTIMORE
Sat Dec.17 at Buffalo
Sat Dec.24 vs. OAKLAND
Sat Dec.31 at San Diego

I can't see them being worse than .500 for the rest of the season, so that puts them at atleast 10-6, but I think its more likley that they finish with 11 or 12 wins.

This puts the Chiefs in a tough spot, to Win the division they will have to play great football, something we have yet to see this year, and to win a Wild Card spot there are a bunch of teams to beat out. I think we have the talent to make the playoffs, but every game is important now with the Broncos leading the division with Wins over the Chiefs and Chargers.

Thru denver??? There is a good chance they drop the next two games... If anything it goes thru indy or cinci... Hell we are still not even half-way thru the season...

They squeaked out a win agianst the chargers because of marty, and barely beat the skins, they are a good team.. But I highly doubt the playoffs are going to be going thru denver with some of the other teams in the AFC..

DomCasual
10-17-2005, 01:58 PM
Wow. You really sound like someone who knows what he is talking about.

So, tell me. Which of these games are the impressive wins you are talking about?

@Baltimore - Won 24-7
Jacksonville - Won 10-3
Cleveland - Won 13-6
@Tennessee - Won 31-10
@San Francisco - Won 28-3

The only common opponent they have with the Broncos so far is Jacksonville - the Broncos beat them 20-7 in Jacksonville.

Otherwise, Baltimore has pretty much sucked so far. Cleveland isn't any better. San Francisco is abysmal. Tennessee has surprised me, but they are still 2-4.

The Broncos, on the other hand, have lost to Miami, then beat San Diego, you, Jacksonville, Washington, and New England.

You're right, though. The Colts wins look better. The 13-6 win over Cleveland in Indianapolis was one for the ages.

Mr. Kotter
10-17-2005, 02:02 PM

So, tell me. Which of these games are the impressive wins you are talking about?

@Baltimore - Won 24-7
Jacksonville - Won 10-3
Cleveland - Won 13-6
@Tennessee - Won 31-10

The only common opponent they have with the Broncos so far is Jacksonville - the Broncos beat them 20-7 in Jacksonville.

Otherwise, Baltimore has pretty much sucked so far. Cleveland isn't any better. San Francisco is abysmal. Tennessee has surprised me, but they are still 2-4.

The Broncos, on the other hand, have lost to Miami, then beat San Diego, you, Jacksonville, Washington, and New England.

You're right, though. The Colts wins look better. The 13-6 win over Cleveland in Indianapolis was one for the ages.

I agree with your point, but your delivery needs a bit of work....noob. :)

ChiefFripp
10-17-2005, 02:02 PM
I hope you're right because they sometimes look unbeatable when I watch their games. At the moment they are clearly the best team in the AFC WEst and probably the second best in the whole AFC behind The Colts.

DomCasual
10-17-2005, 02:08 PM
I agree with your point, but your delivery needs a bit of work....noob. :)
In what sense? Should I have told him he was wrong in a kinder way?

I don't mean to offend anyone. I respect (and hate) the Chiefs. But whether it was posted on a Broncos board or a Chiefs board, that comment was plain silly.

Great board you have here, though. :thumb: I'll probably poke my head in every now and then, if you don't mind.

Mr. Kotter
10-17-2005, 02:11 PM
In what sense? Should I have told him he was wrong in a kinder way?

I don't mean to offend anyone. I respect (and hate) the Chiefs. But whether it was posted on a Broncos board or a Chiefs board, that comment was plain silly.

Great board you have here, though. :thumb: I'll probably poke my head in every now and then, if you don't mind.

No prob. Kinder is nice; especially early in one's posting....

You should hang out. You hang an the Mange (orangemane?)?

Welcome, BTW. :)

DomCasual
10-17-2005, 02:16 PM
No prob. Kinder is nice; especially early in one's posting....

You should hang out. You hang an the Mange (orangemane?)?

Welcome, BTW. :)
Thanks!

Yep, the Mane is where I usually am. Stop by anytime!

And thanks for the welcome.

Valiant
10-17-2005, 02:25 PM

@Baltimore - Won 24-7
Jacksonville - Won 10-3
Cleveland - Won 13-6
@Tennessee - Won 31-10

I think it is the fact that they have given up 29points thru 5 games..
29 points, I dont care how much of a homer you are that is remarkable...

Denver has had four home games already, and beat us and a marty-choked team at home.. They also beat Skins and Pats at home who are dangerous, but not like years before for the pats.. they had to be given the game agianst the Skins.. Then add the fact they lost to miami...

DomCasual
10-17-2005, 02:30 PM
I think it is the fact that they have given up 29points thru 5 games..
29 points, I dont care how much of a homer you are that is remarkable...

Denver has had four home games already, and beat us and a marty-choked team at home.. They also beat Skins and Pats at home who are dangerous, but not like years before for the pats.. they had to be given the game agianst the Skins.. Then add the fact they lost to miami...
The Miami game was scary. Coupled with the first half of the Chargers game, I was starting to think this might be a tough year.

The home thing is a valid point. Although I would argue that the home field advantage has narrowed since they moved to Invesco. Nonetheless, it has been correctly pointed out that the Broncos have started strong lately, then faded as the year went on. I think there are elements to this team that will prevent that from happening, but only time will tell.

Valiant
10-17-2005, 02:33 PM
The Miami game was scary. Coupled with the first half of the Chargers game, I was starting to think this might be a tough year.

The home thing is a valid point. Although I would argue that the home field advantage has narrowed since they moved to Invesco. Nonetheless, it has been correctly pointed out that the Broncos have started strong lately, then faded as the year went on. I think there are elements to this team that will prevent that from happening, but only time will tell.

Oh, I agree... I am just pointing out that the playoffs should go thru indy at this point in the season..

DomCasual
10-17-2005, 02:38 PM
Oh, I agree... I am just pointing out that the playoffs should go thru indy at this point in the season..
I think Indy should be considered the best team right now - if nothing else, they are the only team with 0 losses. I just wonder how that defense will do for the year. Dwight Freeney has been a beast so far - what he did to Jonathan Ogden was just scary. But what will happen when they start playing some teams that have good offenses - especially teams that pound the ball with the run?:shrug:

Hoover
10-17-2005, 02:43 PM
I love how we Chief fans are saying "Ah they will fade like always" At least they have made the playoffs the past two years...

Mr. Kotter
10-17-2005, 02:47 PM
I love how we Chief fans are saying "Ah they will fade like always" At least they have made the playoffs the past two years...

I know some are gonna flame me for this, but....

I've been a fan of the Chiefs long enough, that IF they are gonna get their asses kicked the way the Donks have the last two years by Indy....I'd rather be sittin' home watchin' someone else. I know that you never know, but damn that has to be demoralizing. At least in 2003, we made a game of it.... :shake:

Mile High Mania
10-17-2005, 02:57 PM
Indy has only given up 29 points through 5 games... but, they've played some less than mediocre offenses in that stretch. The Ravens have been horrible. The 49ers threw out Alex Smith to start that game. The Browns have been good in moments, but their offense is nothing to get excited about. The Titans have struggled.

Again, I would likely rank Denver behind the Colts, Bengals and Steelers (with a healthy Roethlisberger and Ward) right now.

Denver has played a few offenses (KC, SD, NE) that have had the ability to go off, and while they aren't the Ravens of recent years or the Steel Curtain of the 70s - the defense has done very well.

We'll see how it holds up down the stretch.

DomCasual
10-17-2005, 03:10 PM
Indy has only given up 29 points through 5 games... but, they've played some less than mediocre offenses in that stretch. The Ravens have been horrible. The 49ers threw out Alex Smith to start that game. The Browns have been good in moments, but their offense is nothing to get excited about. The Titans have struggled.

Again, I would likely rank Denver behind the Colts, Bengals and Steelers (with a healthy Roethlisberger and Ward) right now.

Denver has played a few offenses (KC, SD, NE) that have had the ability to go off, and while they aren't the Ravens of recent years or the Steel Curtain of the 70s - the defense has done very well.

We'll see how it holds up down the stretch.
I'd rank them behind the Colts, but that's it.

Actually, I consider them the equal of the '85 Bears. But I have considered them that every year since the '85 Bears - so there is a nearly-infinitesimal chance that I could just be letting the Broncos fan in me out.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2005, 03:18 PM
Sun Oct.23 at New York Giants Giants LOSS
Sun Oct.30 vs. PHILADELPHIA LOSS
BYE WEEK
Sun Nov.13 at Oakland LOSS
Sun Nov.20 vs. NEW YORK JETS WIN
Thu Nov.24 at Dallas LOSS
Sun Dec. 4 at Kansas City LOSS
Sun Dec.11 vs. BALTIMORE WIN
Sat Dec.17 at Buffalo WIN
Sat Dec.24 vs. OAKLAND WIN
Sat Dec.31 at San Diego LOSS

Donks = 9-7

Mile High Mania
10-17-2005, 03:20 PM
I'd rank them behind the Colts, but that's it.

Actually, I consider them the equal of the '85 Bears. But I have considered them that every year since the '85 Bears - so there is a nearly-infinitesimal chance that I could just be letting the Broncos fan in me out.

Wow... I don't know that I would go anywhere near that one.

I would rank them behind Cincy for 2 reasons: 1) their offense is consistently putting up points, yards and working the clock and 2) their defense is opportunisitic with takeaways, scoring and smothering the opponent's offense.

The Steelers with Ben and Ward are very good on offense and they have a great defense. I'm not ready to put Denver ahead of either of these teams or Indy at this point, not with 4 home games. I want to see Denver prove they can pound the rock, not commit turnovers and consistently pressure the QB defensively on the road.

5-1 is old hat and I have to be convinced they can win the tough games down the stretch. If Denver is different from the previous two 5-1 teams that have been BLOWN OUT by the Colts, they'll beat the Giants next week - they'll be the Bills in Buffalo and win out at home.

Do those things and I'm convinced that they can advanced and do more than just show up.

DomCasual
10-17-2005, 03:21 PM
BYE WEEK

Donks = 9-7
Are you a betting man, my little red friend?

I am a Broncos homer - there is no question about that - but there is no way they finish like that.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2005, 03:22 PM

I am a Broncos homer - there is no question about that - but there is no way they finish like that.

I'm willing to concede that you MIGHT beat the Raiders in Oakland.

Other than that I stand by my prediction.

Mile High Mania
10-17-2005, 03:22 PM
BYE WEEK

Donks = 9-7

You crack me up...

The NYG game will be tough, but if Denver has changed their tune, they should win it. The Eagles - it all depends on how healthy McNabb really is, b/c this defense will hit him and if they can frustrate him like the Cowboys did, then Denver wins by double digits.

Mile High Mania
10-17-2005, 03:24 PM

Dom .. you said you hang at the OrangeMane, right? You're familiar with a Chiefs' homer over there named "Bob" of some sort, I forget his alias... but, Bob is gochiefs. I just thought you should know.

DomCasual
10-17-2005, 03:29 PM
Dom .. you said you hang at the OrangeMane, right? You're familiar with a Chiefs' homer over there named "Bob" of some sort, I forget his alias... but, Bob is gochiefs. I just thought you should know.
AH! It's all becoming clear to me now!

Chiefs Pantalones
10-17-2005, 03:31 PM
The Broncos are one of the best teams in the league...

That'll change come the end of the season.

Even if they do make it to the playoffs, they'll get beat again by the Colts. ROFL

sedated
10-17-2005, 03:34 PM
When did this become the donkey's web site?
F*ck those B1tches. The only reason they're winning is that they are at home and Jake the Fake hasn't been chucking his passes at the opponent like he always does. They'll lose on the road, remember Miami?

Mile High Mania
10-17-2005, 03:35 PM
The Broncos are one of the best teams in the league...

That'll change come the end of the season.

Even if they do make it to the playoffs, they'll get beat again by the Colts. ROFL

As long as it's not in round one, that means Denver would have advanced and won a playoff game... I could live with that, but it's too far away to get worked up about it.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-17-2005, 03:36 PM
As long as it's not in round one, that means Denver would have advanced and won a playoff game... I could live with that, but it's too far away to get worked up about it.

The Curse of John Elway will be too much to carry.;)

Mile High Mania
10-17-2005, 03:37 PM
F*ck those B1tches. The only reason they're winning is that they are at home and Jake the Fake hasn't been chucking his passes at the opponent like he always does. They'll lose on the road, remember Miami?

Dude... a KC fan started the thread, plus ... as a reminder, Broncos' homerism is the ONLY homerism allowed on ChiefsPlanet. Go ask Titus.

Denver is winning thanks to being at home (although the Jags was on the road) and Jake has been error free, which is a shock. However, don't discount the defense - they're a huge part of this as well.

Mile High Mania
10-17-2005, 03:37 PM
The Curse of John Elway will be too much to carry.;)

Enh, that can't last forever...

DomCasual
10-17-2005, 03:40 PM
You seem to have a lot of pent-up anger. Have you thought about seeing a therapist? I'm just saying.

Saying that they have only been winning because Jake Plummer isn't throwing bad passes is sort of stating the obvious, isn't it?

The Chiefs only won yesterday because they ended up with more points than the Redskins!:D

Hoover
10-17-2005, 03:45 PM
Dude... a KC fan started the thread, plus ... as a reminder, Broncos' homerism is the ONLY homerism allowed on ChiefsPlanet. Go ask Titus.

Denver is winning thanks to being at home (although the Jags was on the road) and Jake has been error free, which is a shock. However, don't discount the defense - they're a huge part of this as well.
I think its good to have a reality check.

The Broncos are 5-1. I don't care who they played, and where they played. If you win all your home games, you have a great shot at the playoffs.

The Chiefs are 3-2, which is fine, but we are a game and a half back which is worry some when you look at how we have played.

I think we will really learn about the Chiefs in 2 weeks when we play the Chargers.

vailpass
10-17-2005, 03:46 PM
BYE WEEK

Donks = 9-7

Your Darth Vader mask is a little tight there junior; its making you type funny things.
Why don't you explain to all of us why KC has the better defense because no Denver d-lineman has as many sacks as Jared Allen?

Hammock Parties
10-17-2005, 03:47 PM
Your Darth Vader mask is a little tight there junior; its making you type funny things.
Why don't you explain to all of us why KC has the better defense because no Denver d-lineman has as many sacks as Jared Allen?

Eat the corn nuggets out of my shit.

vailpass
10-17-2005, 03:48 PM

The Broncos are 5-1. I don't care who they played, and where they played. If you win all your home games, you have a great shot at the playoffs.

The Chiefs are 3-2, which is fine, but we are a game and a half back which is worry some when you look at how we have played.

I think we will really learn about the Chiefs in 2 weeks when we play the Chargers.

That will be a good game. IMHO if KCs O-line can gel back to their form of last season the Chiefs will do well the rest of the year. If not the O will struggle.

Mile High Mania
10-17-2005, 03:49 PM

Agreed, and like I said earlier... they lost in week 1 to the Dolphins who are now 2-3. The Broncos have defeated 5 teams with at least 3 wins... all have winning records, granted 4 were home, but... that's part of it. The scheduling is brutal down the stretch. I'd rather have the bulk of the home games AFTER October and not PRIOR. But, we'll see over the next 6 weeks if anything has changed with Denver or if they're the same type of team as the last 2 seasons.

vailpass
10-17-2005, 03:50 PM
Eat the corn nuggets out of my shit.

Now now Virgin Larry you know you aren't allowed to use those words. What if your mommy looks up from making your bed and sees what you are typing?
No more "Empire Strikes Back" fruit snacks for you this week.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-17-2005, 03:53 PM
Agreed, and like I said earlier... they lost in week 1 to the Dolphins who are now 2-3. The Broncos have defeated 5 teams with at least 3 wins... all have winning records, granted 4 were home, but... that's part of it. The scheduling is brutal down the stretch. I'd rather have the bulk of the home games AFTER October and not PRIOR. But, we'll see over the next 6 weeks if anything has changed with Denver or if they're the same type of team as the last 2 seasons.

You've won 5 straight, you have a dang good D. People are just razzing you. You'll be there in the end.

Mile High Mania
10-17-2005, 03:58 PM
You've won 5 straight, you have a dang good D. People are just razzing you. You'll be there in the end.

Razzing is good and I don't disagree with the naysayers... Denver has had 5-1 before and they've not done much with it down the stretch. I think it will be different this year as long as they continue doing what they're doing and building steadily on offense each week.

Baby steps...

Chiefs Pantalones
10-17-2005, 04:11 PM
Razzing is good and I don't disagree with the naysayers... Denver has had 5-1 before and they've not done much with it down the stretch. I think it will be different this year as long as they continue doing what they're doing and building steadily on offense each week.

Baby steps...

:toast:

Here's to you guys to stop buliding, hehe. If you continue to get better, it could be pretty special.

Extra Point
10-17-2005, 04:17 PM
The Chiefs only won yesterday because they ended up with more points than the Redskins!:D

The Broncs only won the week prior in the same manner that KC won. Don't step on your woodie on the way out, pal. Better yet, hang around. You can give us an update each week on your road game results.

I commend Washington for making it a game. They only did what they came here to do. We created more luck for ourselves than our opponent, had the 12th man working, and wrangled out a win.

chiefs4me
10-17-2005, 05:21 PM
AFC Playoffs going through Denver

Way to many games left to be spouting crap like this....

DomCasual
10-17-2005, 05:22 PM
The Broncs only won the week prior in the same manner that KC won. Don't step on your woodie on the way out, pal. Better yet, hang around. You can give us an update each week on your road game results.

I commend Washington for making it a game. They only did what they came here to do. We created more luck for ourselves than our opponent, had the 12th man working, and wrangled out a win.
I think you missed my point. A comment was made about how the Broncos were only winning because Jake Plummer wasn't making bad throws. I said that such a statement was stating the obvious. I then said that the Chiefs had beat the Redskins because they scored more points than them - also stating the obvious.

It wasn't a jab at the Chiefs. It was a comparison.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2005, 05:22 PM

This might be the best post you've ever made.

chiefs4me
10-17-2005, 05:24 PM

:toast:

Lurch
10-17-2005, 05:27 PM

Right on.

chiefs4me
10-17-2005, 05:27 PM
This might be the best post you've ever made.

ROFL..so I can sleep tonight..:D but really, why does your post count say 323....:hmmm:

chiefs4me
10-17-2005, 05:28 PM
Right on.

hey...your avatar is pretty funny.....here's some rep for it.:thumb:

Hammock Parties
10-17-2005, 05:29 PM
ROFL..so I can sleep tonight..:D but really, why does your post count say 323....:hmmm:

Because I've made 323 posts since it said 0.

DomCasual
10-17-2005, 05:30 PM

The thread was started by a Chiefs' fan.

But, for the record, I agree with you.

Still, the current Broncos ARE the best team since the '85 Bears. You have to at least concede that, right? :D

Lurch
10-17-2005, 05:31 PM
hey...your avatar is pretty funny.....here's some rep for it.:thumb:

Rep? Your avvy is Halloween cool too.

Hey, you know why the witch couldn't get pregnant?
Because her husband had a Hallow Weenie.

chiefs4me
10-17-2005, 05:40 PM
The thread was started by a Chiefs' fan.

But, for the record, I agree with you.

Still, the current Broncos ARE the best team since the '85 Bears. You have to at least concede that, right? :D

NOPE, not me, I will not concede anything......ROFL

chiefs4me
10-17-2005, 05:41 PM
Rep? Your avvy is Halloween cool too.

Hey, you know why the witch couldn't get pregnant?
Because her husband had a Hallow Weenie.

ROFL

the one I wanted to put up was to big....:(

DomCasual
10-17-2005, 06:04 PM
ROFL

the one I wanted to put up was to big....:(
Are you talking about the image being too big to use for an avatar? If so, that is pretty easy to fix. If you want to email it to me, I'd be happy to reduce it and send it back to you.

Gravedigger
10-17-2005, 06:36 PM
What's with Indy having the easiest schedule ever someone tell me that one?

chiefsfan1963
10-17-2005, 09:33 PM
Totally agree with this thread. Next week's game against Miami is crucial for us to win given that Denver loss to Miami at the beginning of the season. If we have a chance to win the division we have to win in Miami! Beat Denver at home and then we have a good chance (tiebreaker implications will favor us)! Lose next week, then I see us falling short in the division. As I said in an earlier post, these next 4 games are going to tell the tale of the tape! We're 1-0. IMO we have to be no worse than 3-1 to make the playoffs, but given the current circumstances it looks like 4-0 will give us the best chance of winning our division. Losing to either Miami and/or San Diego will be disasterous!

Mr. Kotter
10-17-2005, 09:38 PM
...these next 4 games are going to tell the tale of the tape! We're 1-0. IMO we have to be no worse than 3-1 to make the playoffs, but given the current circumstances it looks like 4-0 will give us the best chance of winning our division. Losing to either Miami and/or San Diego will be disasterous!

I like our second half schedule. I'm thinkin' no worse than 6-2, and reasonable chance at 7-1. If we go 2-1 over the next three, that's 11-12 wins.

That should win the division--unless the Donks or Chargers play better on the road, than their histories indicate.

chiefsfan1963
10-17-2005, 09:59 PM
I like our second half schedule. I'm thinkin' no worse than 6-2, and reasonable chance at 7-1. If we go 2-1 over the next three, that's 11-12 wins.

That should win the division--unless the Donks or Chargers play better on the road, than their histories indicate.

k- you and i both know, we lose to miami and then san diego we're done. these next 2 games we'll show us what this team is made of!

Mecca
10-17-2005, 10:20 PM
What's with Indy having the easiest schedule ever someone tell me that one?

That's just how their division schedule happened to break this year. Jacksonville has a really favorable schedule also based upon that. If you run through and look at the schedules Indy,Cincy,Pitt and Jacksonville are going to make it really hard for any other teams to make it without winning a division.

By the way are the Denver fans sweating the Ravens game? I know they look horrible this year but that team has owned the Broncos in recent history.