PDA

View Full Version : Does 60 total yards for our WR's alarm anyone?

CanadaKC
10-17-2005, 11:52 AM
And our #1 WR has 0 catches for zero yards. No wonder people think we have the worst WR tandem in the NFL. We can't expect Priest and our "don't know what to expect D" to bail us out all the time.

Gaz
10-17-2005, 11:55 AM
If the OL cannot give the QB some quality pocket time, the passing game will suffer.

Ditto for the running game, but that is another kettle of fish.

Hopefully, the musical chairs OLine is over with Roaf back in place. And the return of Welbourne or Sampson should help on the right end.

xoxo~
Gaz
Expects an improved O in the near future.

FloridaMan88
10-17-2005, 12:08 PM
And our #1 WR has 0 catches for zero yards. No wonder people think we have the worst WR tandem in the NFL. We can't expect Priest and our "don't know what to expect D" to bail us out all the time.

They only attempted 1 pass to Kennison and it was a low % deep pass.

They only attempted 1 pass to Dante and it was that quick screen that the Redskins snuffed out.

They threw to Boerigter and Parker a little more and they were successful with it (except Parker dropping a 3rd down pass)

It is hard to get production from your WRs when you aren't throwing them the ball.

I don't understand why the Chiefs don't use more slant patterns instead of all of those out patterns, especially with Gonzo. Also where was the shotgun formation yesterday?

Dunit35
10-17-2005, 12:10 PM
The starting O-line still hasnt played a full game together, well it depends on who the RT is, if its Sampson they still havent played a whole game together. Green now remembers whats its like having a stud LT and knows he has time to throw the ball now. Whoever was covering Kennison must have been doing a good job on him yesterday, I only saw Green throw his way once.

Chief Faithful
10-17-2005, 12:15 PM
I did like what I saw from Boe, who could make a big difference.

Yesterday's game proved to me the Chiefs cannot lose Roaf. Without Roaf KC would have lost that game. If the O-Line can return to form I think the offense will return to top 3.

Tigermoose
10-17-2005, 12:21 PM
The KC WRs are substandard, and that's why they should only be seen as a secondary threat of this offense. Our strength is our running game and Tony Gonzalez. The WRs are there for the play action pass when Gonzalez is attracting doubleteams. Al Saunders gets the Chiefs in trouble when he tries to make this team into the RAMS.

1. Running game.
2. Gonzalez.
3. Throw the ball to Priest or TRich.
4. Then the Wide Receivers.

In fact, I like Boerigter more than Parker for this reason. He can most likely block better since he is bigger than Parker (an assumption).

We just need to accept that our WRs suck. They are only really effective when they are wide open because of the play action pass.

edit: Our shaky and unpredictable D is another reason to play a ball control type offense.

dirk digler
10-17-2005, 12:22 PM
Our WR's may be some of the worst in the NFL and I think they are a major reason why we have struggled on O this year. Morton was a solid WR that CB's had to respect and I don't think anyone right now respects Parker or our passing game.

Redcoats58
10-17-2005, 12:24 PM
They only attempted 1 pass to Kennison and it was a low % deep pass.

They only attempted 1 pass to Dante and it was that quick screen that the Redskins snuffed out.

They threw to Boerigter and Parker a little more and they were successful with it (except Parker dropping a 3rd down pass)

It is hard to get production from your WRs when you aren't throwing them the ball.

I don't understand why the Chiefs don't use more slant patterns instead of all of those out patterns, especially with Gonzo. Also where was the shotgun formation yesterday?
I remember dante having another catch off of a mid slant.

chagrin
10-17-2005, 12:27 PM
I agree, I am not 100% convinced it's the O-line, although it is obviously a part of the passing game process.

BUT, we have a TE who somehow caught 100 passes last year and last I looked (not including yesterday) we weren't even throwing him the ball!

P.S. if Cleveland can have a guy, nobody has heard of, catch passes for 157 yards or whatever it was, from friggin trent dilfer on that shitty team, WTF is going on here?

AS blows goats, and he reminds me too much of Martz, he's a cocky SOB.

Anyway, I don't think we are doomed by any means, but I don't like the way we lose, when we lose.

ArrowheadHawk
10-17-2005, 12:28 PM
as long i we win i don't care about stats

chiefsfaninNC
10-17-2005, 12:35 PM
The KC WRs are substandard, and that's why they should only be seen as a secondary threat of this offense. Our strength is our running game and Tony Gonzalez. The WRs are there for the play action pass when Gonzalez is attracting doubleteams. Al Saunders gets the Chiefs in trouble when he tries to make this team into the RAMS.

1. Running game.
2. Gonzalez.
3. Throw the ball to Priest or TRich.
4. Then the Wide Receivers.

In fact, I like Boerigter more than Parker for this reason. He can most likely block better since he is bigger than Parker (an assumption).

We just need to accept that our WRs suck. They are only really effective when they are wide open because of the play action pass.

edit: Our shaky and unpredictable D is another reason to play a ball control type offense.

We most certainly do not need to accept that our WR's suck. We need to understand that they suck and bring in some different bodies. Washington can now be cut with the return of Warfield. That opens a spot to bring in Fredex or Jerry Rice or anyone who could possibly jump in and play the position. We shouldn't rule out a trade either. If the Defense starts to improve then we will need receivers to make us a team that could go places in the playoffs. Without receivers it is too easy to put 8 or 9 in the box and shut down the run. Carl needs to step up and do something with the personnel.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2005, 12:38 PM
Sorry, I don't buy any of these excuses.

I think it all boils down to shitty playcalling.

Where was the slant we had been running to Kennison the last few weeks? For him to have ZERO touches is just inexcusable.

I was kinda pissed Samie got hurt because he started off well yesterday.

Did you guys see the WR screen the Redskins ran to Santana Moss? We've done that before, but I can't remember once this season.

chagrin
10-17-2005, 12:52 PM
Sorry, I don't buy any of these excuses.

I think it all boils down to shitty playcalling.

Where was the slant we had been running to Kennison the last few weeks? For him to have ZERO touches is just inexcusable.

I was kinda pissed Samie got hurt because he started off well yesterday.

Did you guys see the WR screen the Redskins ran to Santana Moss? We've done that before, but I can't remember once this season.

See my prior post about AS blowing goats, plus even though you don't agree with me, I still say that none of our WR's would be a true #1 on any team in the NFL, and I can't remember a time when one of them would have (excpet maybe 10 years ago), TG not included.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2005, 12:54 PM
See my prior post about AS blowing goats, plus even though you don't agree with me - None of our WR's would be a true #1 on any team in the NFL, and I can't remember a time when one of them would have (excpet maybe 10 years ago), TG not included

No, I agree with you. We don't have a #1, although Kennison was playing like one until this week.

NJ Chief Fan
10-17-2005, 12:59 PM
didnt watch the game but ill take a wild guess and say that shawn springs was on kennison

Edubs
10-17-2005, 01:00 PM
What is the deal with Kris Wilson? I thought he was going to add another threat to our offense.

chagrin
10-17-2005, 01:04 PM
No, I agree with you. We don't have a #1, although Kennison was playing like one until this week.

Fair enough, he does actually try and seems like he enjoys playing for this team...damn straight about the play calling though, I couldn't agree more.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2005, 01:13 PM
didnt watch the game but ill take a wild guess and say that shawn springs was on kennison

Spring was out.

Calcountry
10-17-2005, 01:41 PM
If the OL cannot give the QB some quality pocket time, the passing game will suffer.

Ditto for the running game, but that is another kettle of fish.

Hopefully, the musical chairs OLine is over with Roaf back in place. And the return of Welbourne or Sampson should help on the right end.

xoxo~
Gaz
Expects an improved O in the near future.
No doubt about that, Black was getting torched and Trent had no time to throw.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2005, 02:14 PM
Through 5 games in 2005:

1,018 passing yards

6.9 yards per attempt

4 passing touchdowns

3 interceptions

Through 5 games in 2004:

1,123 passing yards

7.01 yards per attempt

5 passing touchdowns

4 interceptions

Through 5 games in 2003:

956 passing yards

6.97 yards per attempt

6 passing touchdowns

6 interceptions

Through 5 games in 2002:

1,248 yards

8.2 yards per attempt

12 passing touchdowns

6 inteceptions

Through 5 games in 2001:

1,123 passing yards

6.6 yards per attempt

4 passing touchdowns

7 interceptions

What was different in 2002? I'd say we snuck up on a bunch of people, personally. Anyway, this shows that our passing game is not appreciably different than it was through the first 5 games of 2004 or 2003.

NaptownChief
10-17-2005, 02:35 PM
Through 5 games in 2005:

What was different in 2002? I'd say we snuck up on a bunch of people, personally. Anyway, this shows that our passing game is not appreciably different than it was through the first 5 games of 2004 or 2003.

Interesting seeing those numbers....My guess is the difference being that in previous years the passing game was coming through in the clutch when needed versus this year the similar numbers are coming at less important times cause I'm sure most feel like they have far less confidence in the pass attack this year than in previous. I know I sure do.

chefsos
10-17-2005, 05:10 PM
Maybe some others here already knew this, but I just heard Trent tell Keitzman that the Redskins rolled their coverage over to Kennison practically all day. I guess that explains why Eddie wasn't a factor, but shouldn't Parker/Bo have gotten much more action if that was the case?

Hammock Parties
10-17-2005, 05:11 PM
Maybe some others here already knew this, but I just heard Trent tell Keitzman that the Redskins rolled their coverage over to Kennison practically all day. I guess that explains why Eddie wasn't a factor, but shouldn't Parker/Bo have gotten much more action if that was the case?

Who knows. I thought the pass protection was fine. We only threw it 25 times.

Nice to see a WIDE RECEIVER on our team getting respect.

Deberg_1990
10-17-2005, 05:14 PM

Tony G as well. I stil dont understand why he isnt getting the ball more? I just dont think our recievers do a very good job of "Consistantly" getting open. They did try and go deep a few times yesterday, but the ball was overthrown, so at least they are trying.

Deberg_1990
10-17-2005, 05:31 PM
What is the deal with Kris Wilson? I thought he was going to add another threat to our offense.

Havent you heard? Hes the "Deadlist Decoy" in the NFL.

In all honesty, I truly believe now that Siavii and Wilson are busts. I know its early, but they havent even shown one glimmer of busting out. I cant believe Carl isnt crucified more for drafting Sims,Freeman, Siavii and Wilson. 4 top picks, and not even one IMPACT player. Thats inexcusable. We needed at least 1-2 impact players out of those drafts. Oh well, at Least the Allen pick was decent. Carl actually does better at drafting in the lower rounds than he does in the higher ones. He reaches waaaay too much for projects.

Hammock Parties
10-17-2005, 05:43 PM
I don't think Wilson is a bust. I, again, think it's a playcalling problem.

Why don't we line up in a two tight end, one RB, two WR formation with Gonzalez to the left and Wilson to the right?

Fake the stretch play to the left with Priest, then boot out to the right.

Gonzalez is running a deep cross from the left side of the field. He's the primary read. If he's covered, Wilson is running a 5-7 yard in-and-out pattern from the other side of the formation. Dump it to Kris and let him run for a few yards.