PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs fans at last nights Colts game???

dtebbe
10-18-2005, 07:22 AM
Did anyone else hear the "We're gonna beat the hell out of YOU.. YOU.. YOU YOU YOU? IndyChief was that you?

I'm not sure I like some other town biting our game.

DT

jspchief
10-18-2005, 07:26 AM
I'm not sure I like some other town biting our game.

DTWhat makes you so sure it originated at Arrowhead? Not saying it didn't, but I do know it's been used at college stadiums in the past too. Of course, the Colts fans probably picked it up from the play-off game in '03 ('04) at Arrowhead. Lord knows there were enough of them in the stadium.

FWIW, I think the Jets also say "home of the JETS!" during the national anthem, and I do believe that's a rip-off.

BigRedChief
10-18-2005, 07:29 AM
What makes you so sure it originated at Arrowhead? Not saying it didn't, but I do know it's been used at college stadiums in the past too. Of course, the Colts fans probably picked it up from the play-off game in '03 ('04) at Arrowhead. Lord knows there were enough of them in the stadium.

FWIW, I think the Jets also say "home of the JETS!" during the national anthem, and I do believe that's a rip-off.

Home of the "Chiefs" is defintley an Arrowhead orginal. Huey Lewis did it first on the spur of the moment in 1994.

"First Down" is defintely been done before as has the beat the hell out of you chant.

ChiefsFanatic
10-18-2005, 08:24 AM
Home of the "Chiefs" is defintley an Arrowhead orginal. Huey Lewis did it first on the spur of the moment in 1994.

"First Down" is defintely been done before as has the beat the hell out of you chant.

Can anyone else confirm this? I thought I went to a game in 1990, Cleveland Browns, (it may have been 89 or 91) and thought we did it then too. But maybe because I have been to so many games, I just can't remember the difference.

yeti
10-18-2005, 09:50 AM
I was at the bronco/pats game sunday and they were doing the beat the hell out of you and the home of the, gag...broncos. I was annoyed to say the least because I always thought that was an arrowhead thing?

Saulbadguy
10-18-2005, 09:53 AM
They do it everywhere. The variation is usually the "HEY" part.

KChiefs1
10-18-2005, 10:40 AM
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Deberg_1990
10-18-2005, 10:44 AM
Damn Colts fans.....first they loot Baltimore. Now us....I hate the Colts and their fans.

jynni
10-18-2005, 10:51 AM
Damn Colts fans.....first they loot Baltimore. Now us....I hate the Colts and their fans.
Yeah, for me the list goes

Raiders
Broncos

small gap

Colts

HolmeZz
10-18-2005, 11:08 AM
I was in Baltimore a few years ago for an Orioles game and at the end of the Anthem they said "and the home....of the....O'S!". It scared the hell out of me.

Calcountry
10-18-2005, 11:16 AM
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.You got there first. At least I read the thread this time so I didn't double post. sheesh, only 12k posts and I am finally learning some thread etiquette.

Boozer
10-18-2005, 11:28 AM
I also noticed some fans trying to make noise when the visiting team had the ball on third down.

dtebbe
10-18-2005, 11:34 AM
What makes you so sure it originated at Arrowhead? Not saying it didn't, but I do know it's been used at college stadiums in the past too. Of course, the Colts fans probably picked it up from the play-off game in '03 ('04) at Arrowhead. Lord knows there were enough of them in the stadium.

Last night you could just hear a few people close to one of the parabloics saying it. It was not something you could hear on the main program audio, like at arrowhead. That's why I think it was just a few folks doing it. Maybe they were at the playoff game and picked it up. I watch a lot of football and have been to quite a few away stadiums, and I've never heard the chant anywhere but arrowhead.

DT