PDA

View Full Version : Plummer Apologizes For Insulting Bronco Fans

Donger
10-18-2005, 08:21 AM
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/5111358/detail.html

DENVER -- Jake Plummer likes Broncos fans. Really.

On the defensive for ripping Denver's fans in an angry conversation with a local gossip columnist, Plummer apologized Monday, hoping to end the latest tiff he's created among supporters in a city that has long wanted its quarterback to be more than just a good player.

"I wish I could go back and change some things, but I can't," Plummer said. "It's time to move on, let it go. I realize that I'm in the public eye. I know that, and I've been in that public eye for a long time. I can handle it."

At issue was a column by Penny Parker of the Rocky Mountain News, who saw Plummer with his girlfriend at a charity event last week and did some digging to find out more about her. Turns out, the girlfriend is Kollette Klassen, a Broncos cheerleader, a fact Parker reported in her column last Thursday.

The morning after the column, a local radio show talked about Klassen and accused her of being a "jersey chaser."

Parker wrote that Plummer -- worried that his girlfriend would be harassed in public if people knew they were dating -- called Parker and tore into her after hearing that on the radio. In part of his tirade, Parker reported Plummer said, "You think Denver has the greatest fans. Well, they aren't."

Plummer said he was surprised any of this "news" came out in the newspaper and felt some of his conversation with Parker was taken out of context.

Still, he conceded that he's well aware of where he lives and who he plays for.

Denver is, after all, a city that once made a big deal about the kind of candy John Elway handed out for Halloween. Elway was — still is -- beloved in town, not only because of what he did on the field but because he was perceived as a good guy who embraced Broncos fans and understood their passion.

Plummer offered an uncharacteristic mea culpa Monday in the locker room.

"I just like to be out in the public. I like the fans. I like to be around them," he said. "Certain things, as they continue to get written, it kind of turns you to not wanting to go out in the public. I don't want to do that. I want to be out and enjoy my fans and have a beer with my fans and shoot pool and do those kinds of things, and I will continue to do that, and I thank the fans for supporting me."

Really, though, the fans have been lukewarm to Plummer since he arrived in Denver three years ago. And Plummer hasn't always taken things in stride.

Last year during a home game against Miami, Plummer was being booed by the crowd and flashed an obscene gesture toward the stands. He apologized for that move after the game, saying, "I would never direct that at our fans. We have the greatest fans in the league."

As was the case then, Plummer drew a lot of criticism for his imbroglio with Parker and had to answer not only to the fans, but to higher-ups on the team.

Coach Mike Shanahan said he talked with the quarterback about the latest episode.

"He's got to review with you guys," Shanahan said. "He's accountable for what he says and what he does. You guys have the right to ask him the questions."

Lost in the latest conflict is the fact that Plummer is off to a very impressive start to the season. Often criticized for his careless mistakes, he has gone 17 quarters without throwing an interception. In Sunday's game against New England, a 28-20 win, he threw for 262 yards and two touchdowns.

The good start, however, couldn't prevent the latest embarrassment.

And while it's true that Plummer does lots of charity work — he was at a fund-raiser for the Jake Plummer Foundation when this latest episode began -- he hasn't exactly been a public-relations wizard over his career.

Toward the end of his time with the Arizona, Plummer said he didn't give a "rat's (expletive)" about Cardinals fans who booed him.

In Denver, he hasn't necessarily helped his image with his decision to sport a shaggy, unkempt beard, a topic that angers him seemingly whenever it comes up in interviews. He also made news when he canceled his wedding in Hawaii the day of the ceremony last year.

All those issues, he insists, are personal.

"We're not Hollywood superstars," he said.

In Denver, though, the Broncos quarterback comes close.

"You know, whatever people are going to write, they're going to write, and we have to live with that," Plummer said. "You've got to bite your tongue sometimes, and as you grow, you learn lessons and you move on from them."

SLAG
10-18-2005, 08:31 AM
ROFL:clap:

I thought Plummers shit didnt stink... Guess i was wrong
lol

chagrin
10-18-2005, 08:35 AM
"...Kollette Klassen, a Broncos cheerleader..."

Perfect, nice name

Extra Point
10-18-2005, 08:37 AM
Plummer bites his tongue, only after removing his foot from which he sucks the blood after shooting it.

Amnorix
10-18-2005, 08:50 AM
Who cares about him. Here's the hot cheerleader:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Cheerleaders/2005/Mugs/klassen_mug.jpg

Amnorix
10-18-2005, 08:50 AM
'nother:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Cheerleaders/2005/Midlengths/klassen.jpg

Donger
10-18-2005, 08:55 AM
Who cares about him. Here's the hot cheerleader:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Cheerleaders/2005/Mugs/klassen_mug.jpg

I only posted this because Taco John requested it: "Well then. If you could just find me one credible source for this quote, then I'll be forced to consider it. Credible does not mean "columnist with an axe to grind."

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=126540&page=2

jspchief
10-18-2005, 09:03 AM
Why is Plummer apologizing for something a gossip columnist fabricated?

Taco?

Mile High Mania
10-18-2005, 09:04 AM
Who gives a damn...

jspchief
10-18-2005, 09:15 AM
Who gives a damn...Fans of the Chiefs, Chargers, Randy Moss and the Raiderz, and anyone else that hates the Broncos.

I definately enjoy when a player from a team I despise jams his foot in his mouth and insults his own fans. Especially when that player has deserved all the crap he's received from said fans, and will hear it that much worse the next time he goes in full Jake Plummer mode. :thumb:

StcChief
10-18-2005, 09:23 AM
He wants to continue to hit that. Better get this under the rug as fast as possible.

Frazod
10-18-2005, 09:53 AM
This is one instance where I completely agree with Plummet. Denver fans suck. :D

4th and Long
10-18-2005, 10:06 AM
"I wish I could go back and change some things, but I can't," Plummer said. "It's time to move on, let it go. I realize that I'm in the public eye. I know that, and I've been in that public eye for a long time. I can handle it."
Obviously not or this story wouldn't fugging exist.

Valiant
10-18-2005, 10:09 AM
I only posted this because Taco John requested it: "Well then. If you could just find me one credible source for this quote, then I'll be forced to consider it. Credible does not mean "columnist with an axe to grind."

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=126540&page=2

Ahahah, cannot wait to see TJ response...

Valiant
10-18-2005, 10:10 AM
Who gives a damn...

Anybody who is not deflecting the truth about a QB of said certain team, who thinks his fans suck ass...

Taco John
10-18-2005, 10:18 AM
I can't believe Chiefs fans actually care about this. It's hilarious. Most Broncos fans are more interested in the fact that he's hooking up with Ms. Klausen than anything he allegedly said to some stupid bitch.

Taco John
10-18-2005, 10:20 AM
Why is Plummer apologizing for something a gossip columnist fabricated?

Taco?

Beats me. I can only find Chiefs fans who give a damn about this. I can't find a single Broncos fan who cares about anything except patting Plummer on the back for that split tail.

Hammock Parties
10-18-2005, 10:22 AM
So, it was true. Of course we all KNEW IT, except the delusional Donk fans.

I also find the Arizona tidbit interesting. Jake now has quite a history of this. Is it going to continue?

jspchief
10-18-2005, 10:22 AM
I can't believe Chiefs fans actually care about this. It's hilarious. Most Broncos fans are more interested in the fact that he's hooking up with Ms. Klausen than anything he allegedly said to some stupid bitch.Whatever Taco. If this were a Chiefs player, the Mange would have a front page story about it.

Something he "allegedly" said? ROFL Now that he's come out and admitted to it, I think you can drop the absurd "alleged" spin.

Taco John
10-18-2005, 10:27 AM
Whatever Taco. If this were a Chiefs player, the Mange would have a front page story about it.

Something he "allegedly" said? ROFL Now that he's come out and admitted to it, I think you can drop the absurd "alleged" spin.

What did he admit?

Eh... You guys can hash this over. I don't fuggen care. I just want to win games.

Hammock Parties
10-18-2005, 10:35 AM
Beats me. I can only find Chiefs fans who give a damn about this. I can't find a single Broncos fan who cares about anything except patting Plummer on the back for that split tail.

You must not read your own forum.

Just win games and shut the **** up Jake. Nobody would've known shiat about any of this if you had half a brain.

Plummer is a DICK.
The guy knew the pressure when he came here. He said he wanted it!
We(the Fans) demand more, we love the Broncos, the Broncos are a part of our lives.
It is because of our passion for the Broncos that Pat can pay Plummer his huge contract. If you don't like get the **** out of Denver.

If he wanted a life with no pressure he should have stayed in AZ.

It bothers me that he is moron of such colossal proportions.

he obviously didn't learn a COMPLETE lesson after the finger incident.

If indeed Jake did call her and go off as described then he owes HER an apology. And if he did, also it makes me wonder about the smarts of our quarterback. Go off on a gossip columnist...WHAT did he think she would do? They LIVE to get that kind of response...more fuel for the fire!

The whole issue is stupid...but Jake may be dumber than a stick if he did this

you think it is easy sitting in the stands freezing your ass off to watch your starting QB throw picks , you have another thing comming ...........
the best fan base is a 2 way street , you have to make us believe in you , Going rainman and putting the Ball up for grabs isnt the best way to do this ......
I still think you could be a great QB for us , but in the future leave us out of your spats with the Media ............

Al Czervik
10-18-2005, 10:35 AM
What did he admit?

Eh... You guys can hash this over. I don't fuggen care. I just want to win games.

Translation: I was wrong and now I dont want to talk about it.
Maytag's got nothing on this clown.....

Mile High Mania
10-18-2005, 10:36 AM
This is such non-news to me... but, hey... anything to get you guys excited is cool I guess.

Valiant
10-18-2005, 10:43 AM
god, wait next.. The donk fans will forgive a donk player for driving drunk and getting arrested??? Like that will ever happen.. ROFL Let me guess you guys do not have a thread on the main page at least 50 replies saying it is okay for plummer to be a peace of shit and bash his own fans as long as he wins??

Hell as long as DJ williams plays good it is okay if he is drunk too??? Or do you guys only think that of other teams... Normally I could care less, but the fact you came here before the season calling other teams malcontents for DD, and then okay your own is amusing... At least be consistent, and by that taco I don't mean a 'worthless troll'...

Taco John
10-18-2005, 10:49 AM
Get it out... There there...

http://www.radiowaves.co.uk/resources/images/695/screaming%20baby.jpg

Hammock Parties
10-18-2005, 10:50 AM
Get it out... There there...

http://www.radiowaves.co.uk/resources/images/695/screaming%20baby.jpg

You are so full of shit. The double standard is incredible. If Trent Green had called out the KC fans, you'd be all over us.

Taco John
10-18-2005, 10:56 AM
jes, jes, get it out, get it out...

http://members.shaw.ca/freakydz/Site%20Images/ogilvy's/bryce/Screaming%20baby.jpg

Fish
10-18-2005, 10:57 AM
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/5111358/detail.html

DENVER -- Jake Plummer likes Broncos fans. Really.

Plummer said, "You think Denver has the greatest fans. Well, they aren't."

Niiiice.........

htismaqe
10-18-2005, 10:57 AM
Taco is a walking double-standard. What do you expect?

Taco John
10-18-2005, 11:00 AM

Eh. I have no idea what he even said. Neither do you. I just know what a gossip columnist said that he said. I believe he blew up at her. His secret love affair was exposed and he was frustrated. As far as what he said to her, not only do I not know, but I don't care. If that's a double standard, then I don't care about that either.

Skip Towne
10-18-2005, 11:01 AM
What did he admit?

Now Taco doesn't care again. On the original thread he "didn't care" 13 times.

Hammock Parties
10-18-2005, 11:03 AM
Eh. I have no idea what he even said. Neither do you. I just know what a gossip columnist said that he said. I believe he blew up at her. His secret love affair was exposed and he was frustrated. As far as what he said to her, not only do I not know, but I don't care. If that's a double standard, then I don't care about that either.

What the hell. Plummer is confirming that his quote was indeed correct by this apology.

Do you think he would have come out and apologized if he was misquoted?

htismaqe
10-18-2005, 11:04 AM

That gossip columnist QUOTED him, IN PRINT.

That is called libel, unless of course it's TRUE.

Of course, the fact that it is true would also explain why Plummer is now apologizing.

You've lost this argument, just like you've lost many arguments before. You've just never been man enough to admit it.

Taco John
10-18-2005, 11:05 AM
What the hell. Plummer is confirming that his quote was indeed correct by this apology.

Do you think he would have come out and apologized if he was misquoted?

Eh. If you say so.

Hammock Parties
10-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Eh. If you say so.

I don't even know why you are refusing to accept the facts. Plummer has a history of this.

Taco John
10-18-2005, 11:07 AM
That gossip columnist QUOTED him, IN PRINT.

That is called libel, unless of course it's TRUE.

Of course, the fact that it is true would also explain why Plummer is now apologizing.

You've lost this argument, just like you've lost many arguments before. You've just never been man enough to admit it.

Uh? What? I lost this argument? How could I possibly lose it? Even if he *did* say it, I couldn't fuggen care less. Big deal. He blows up at a gossip columnist in a heated moment and blasts the fans. So what?

Could you guys possibly be any more catty? What a bunch of bidges.

htismaqe
10-18-2005, 11:09 AM
Uh? What? I lost this argument? How could I possibly lose it? Even if he *did* say it, I couldn't fuggen care less. Big deal. He blows up at a gossip columnist in a heated moment and blasts the fans. So what?

Could you guys possibly be any more catty? What a bunch of bidges.

ROFL

Dodge and deflect. Dodge and deflect.

Maybe you should talk to the BRONCO FANS bitching on your OWN BULLETIN BOARD?

Oh that's right, you don't spend any time there because the conversation sucks...

Skip Towne
10-18-2005, 11:11 AM
Hahahahahaha Now it's OUR fault. Taco, you're a weasel.

Taco John
10-18-2005, 11:11 AM
ROFL

Dodge and deflect. Dodge and deflect.

Maybe you should talk to the BRONCO FANS bitching on your OWN BULLETIN BOARD?

Oh that's right, you don't spend any time there because the conversation sucks...

*shrug*

okay.

jspchief
10-18-2005, 11:12 AM
His secret love affair was exposed and he was frustrated. His secret love affair? Is Fabio on the cover of this piece of fiction?

The reason his "secret love affair" was "exposed" was because he took her to one of his own fund raisers. What kind of idiot takes a date to a fundraiser if he wants to keep it secret? You and Plummer try and make it out like this columnist was searching through his trash or something. He made a public spectacle of his relationship, how can he be mad when someone else recognized it?

Interesting that this is a "shady gossip columnist with an axe to grind". Isn't she the same columnist that has written several articles giving him free publicity for his charity events?

ROYC75
10-18-2005, 11:14 AM
Heh, Plummer and Taco are da bomb .......

htismaqe
10-18-2005, 11:15 AM
His secret love affair? Is Fabio on the cover of this piece of fiction?

The reason his "secret love affair" was "exposed" was because he took her to one of his own fund raisers. What kind of idiot takes a date to a fundraiser if he wants to keep it secret? You and Plummer try and make it out like this columnist was searching through his trash or something. He made a public spectacle of his relationship, how can he be mad when someone else recognized it?

Interesting that this is a "shady gossip columnist with an axe to grind". Isn't she the same columnist that has written several articles giving him free publicity for his charity events?

You forgot. Taco "doesn't care".

jspchief
10-18-2005, 11:17 AM
This is such non-news to me... but, hey... anything to get you guys excited is cool I guess.Yes, we know. You don't give a damn. Maybe if you type it in this thread a few more times, you'll start believing it.

htismaqe
10-18-2005, 11:22 AM
Yes, we know. You don't give a damn. Maybe if you type it in this thread a few more times, you'll start believing it.

ROFL

luv
10-18-2005, 11:28 AM
He sure does say "my fans" alot. I didn't think he had that many. So, is is saying that "Denver" fans aren't very good, but that "his" fans are? Sounds to me like he puts himself above the team. What a jackass.

vailpass
10-18-2005, 11:38 AM
It must suck ass to be having such a mediocre season that you care about someone else's QB that much.
I guess the realization that the D isn't nearly improved enough, the O peaked last year and is declining along with the O-line, and the window you thought might be open a crack is now shut has turned you to this.
Sad.

Mile High Mania
10-18-2005, 11:38 AM
Yes, we know. You don't give a damn. Maybe if you type it in this thread a few more times, you'll start believing it.

:hmmm: "I don't give a damn" x infinity...

<pause for 20 seconds>

Shit ... it worked!

:clap:

Seriously, off the field crap like this... flipping off fans yelling at him on the field... I don't care.

dirk digler
10-18-2005, 11:41 AM
:hmmm: "I don't give a damn" x infinity...

<pause for 20 seconds>

Shit ... it worked!

:clap:

Seriously, off the field crap like this... flipping off fans yelling at him on the field... I don't care.

So if any Bronco player was a murderer, child molester, or thief you wouldn't care?

Interesting. :hmmm:

Hammock Parties
10-18-2005, 11:41 AM
It must suck ass to be having such a mediocre season that you care about someone else's QB that much.

We're ONE GAME BEHIND YOU, DIPSHIT.

luv
10-18-2005, 11:42 AM
I guess the realization that the D isn't nearly improved enough, the O peaked last year and is declining along with the O-line, and the window you thought might be open a crack is now shut has turned you to this.
Sad.
Have you been reading other threads? I think we're well aware of our D. Someone disses your QB, and you have to come back with something about our D?

Mile High Mania
10-18-2005, 11:42 AM
So if any Bronco player was a murderer, child molester, or thief you wouldn't care.

Interesting. :hmmm:

Ok, how do any of the things you typed fall into the "stuff like this" that I referenced. The three things you have listed are in no way similar to off the field comments. C'mon.

Mile High Mania
10-18-2005, 11:43 AM

Really? 5-1 vs 3-2 ... that's only 1 game?

vailpass
10-18-2005, 11:44 AM

Thanks Chewcocka, its always good to hear from the male-cheerleader-wanna-be.

Hammock Parties
10-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Really? 5-1 vs 3-2 ... that's only 1 game?

I never count "half games." We automatically get it back during your bye week.

dirk digler
Ok, how do any of the things you typed fall into the "stuff like this" that I referenced. The three things you have listed are in no way similar to off the field comments. C'mon.

You said off the field crap.

Skip Towne
Holy shit, MHM, now I don't care.

jspchief
Sad.Keep trying.

It has nothing to do with our season. It wouldn't matter if we were 16-0 or 0-16, we'd still be laughing about this. It doesn't matter if it was a Bronco, Raider, Charger, or player from some other team that we hated.

It also doesn't matter if it's Chiefs fans laughing at the Broncos, or if the roles were reversed and the Broncos fans were laughing at the Chiefs.

This is what fans do. They enjoy every little hiccup their rival teams encounter. To pretend it is anything different is a just a sad attempt to take away the enjoyment we're getting from it.

Jake Plummer is an idiot, and Chiefs fans will always get enjoyment from him putting his stupidity on public display.

Hammock Parties
10-18-2005, 11:46 AM
No wonder Plummer hates Bronco fans. They don't care!

vailpass
10-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Have you been reading other threads? I think we're well aware of our D. Someone disses your QB, and you have to come back with something about our D?
:rolleyes:
JSP Chief must be getting awfully lonely as one of the few remaining posters with any football credibility whatsoever.

Mile High Mania
10-18-2005, 11:47 AM
You said off the field crap.

"Seriously, off the field crap like this... flipping off fans yelling at him on the field... I don't care."

I still fail to see how the 3 things you listed fit.

luv
10-18-2005, 11:50 AM
Do Chiefs fan whine on other boards when someone talks bad about the Chiefs? Seriously, I haven't been to another team's board before.

vailpass
Keep trying.

It has nothing to do with our season. It wouldn't matter if we were 16-0 or 0-16, we'd still be laughing about this. It doesn't matter if it was a Bronco, Raider, Charger, or player from some other team that we hated.

It also doesn't matter if it's Chiefs fans laughing at the Broncos, or if the roles were reversed and the Broncos fans were laughing at the Chiefs.

This is what fans do. They enjoy every little hiccup their rival teams encounter. To pretend it is anything different is a just a sad attempt to take away the enjoyment we're getting from it.

Jake Plummer is an idiot, and Chiefs fans will always get enjoyment from him putting his stupidity on public display.

(of course it's just fan BS. I only laid that down to see GoatCheese get his underoos in a bunch at any little thing I post.)

jspchief
Have you been reading other threads? I think we're well aware of our D. Someone disses your QB, and you have to come back with something about our D?You haven't been around Broncos fans much, have you? That's standard operating procedure.

Any time a Broncos fan hears something they don't like from a Chiefs fans, they have 4 responses to choose from. Vermeil crying, Bad defense, Mullets, Camaros. They can be used individually, or combined in any manner.

dirk digler
10-18-2005, 11:51 AM
"Seriously, off the field crap like this... flipping off fans yelling at him on the field... I don't care."

I still fail to see how the 3 things you listed fit.

I just wanted to know what you do care about when it comes to off the field behavior.

jspchief
10-18-2005, 11:51 AM
Do Chiefs fan whine on other boards when someone talks bad about the Chiefs? Seriously, I haven't been to another team's board before.yes.

Simplex3
10-18-2005, 11:53 AM
Be nice or he'll leave forever for a third time.

luv
10-18-2005, 11:53 AM
yes.
Oh, okay. I won't think they're annoying for doing the same thing then. Well, I will, I just won't give them crap about it. I'm just no fun today.

Frazod
10-18-2005, 11:55 AM
I guess I should clarify that I really don't care about this. I read the thread, chuckled a bit, made an obnoxious flippant comment, and that's pretty much the extent of it. I can't imagine why I would care about this, or why anyone else would care if I did.

So to anyone getting all upset about this, regardless of team affiliation: Lighten up, Francis.

Mile High Mania
10-18-2005, 12:09 PM
I just wanted to know what you do care about when it comes to off the field behavior.

I wouldn't want a Leonard Little on my team... battery, things of that nature are disturbing and I don't condone. DJ Williams getting a DUI is not something I like to see.

Players flipping off people, partying naked with strippers on boats and stuff like that ... I don't care about.

dirk digler
10-18-2005, 12:26 PM
I wouldn't want a Leonard Little on my team... battery, things of that nature are disturbing and I don't condone. DJ Williams getting a DUI is not something I like to see.

Players flipping off people, partying naked with strippers on boats and stuff like that ... I don't care about.

Thanks MHM.

As you have noticed we Chiefs fans are pretty sensitive about this kind of behavior for several reasons.

1. For whatever reason we have an inferiority complex.
2. We take pride in our team and in our city.
3. We take pride in being great fans.

Is this had happened to one of our players in KC the guy would be run out of town. Grbac made the mistake of saying the restaurants in KC stink and he never lived that down and people hated him for that.

I think the way players behave off the field is alot more important then what happens on the field. Just ask the Vikings owner about that. To condone or excuse such behavior really reflects on people's morals and values.

Taco John
10-18-2005, 12:38 PM
You guys are deranged and classless. Including the "real fans."

Bowser
10-18-2005, 12:46 PM
You guys are deranged and classless. Including the "real fans."

ROFL

vailpass
10-18-2005, 12:47 PM
Thanks MHM.

As you have noticed we Chiefs fans are pretty sensitive about this kind of behavior for several reasons.

1. For whatever reason we have an inferiority complex.
2. We take pride in our team and in our city.
3. We take pride in being great fans.

Is this had happened to one of our players in KC the guy would be run out of town. Grbac made the mistake of saying the restaurants in KC stink and he never lived that down and people hated him for that.

I think the way players behave off the field is alot more important then what happens on the field. Just ask the Vikings owner about that. To condone or excuse such behavior really reflects on people's morals and values.

Then this must be a pretty tough year for you, eh Dirk? :p

Mile High Mania
10-18-2005, 12:59 PM
To condone or excuse such behavior really reflects on people's morals and values.

Let's not get too crazy there... my ability to dismiss something that somebody said or allegedly said has nothing to do with my morals or values.

Let's not compare Jake's comments to the Leonard Littles of the world... So what that Grbac dissed the KC food establishments... there are many other things to be concerned with when it comes to people and teams.

dirk digler
10-18-2005, 01:04 PM
Then this must be a pretty tough year for you, eh Dirk? :p

I have always believed that. Don't get me wrong I want to win but I don't want a bunch of thugs and murderers on my team either. If I did I would have become a Raiders fan.

dirk digler
10-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Let's not get too crazy there... my ability to dismiss something that somebody said or allegedly said has nothing to do with my morals or values.

Let's not compare Jake's comments to the Leonard Littles of the world... So what that Grbac dissed the KC food establishments... there are many other things to be concerned with when it comes to people and teams.

I agree but I was talking about the Vikings sex boat trip.

Mile High Mania
10-18-2005, 01:09 PM
I agree but I was talking about the Vikings sex boat trip.

Based on what I've read, it sounded like a bachelor party on the water... again, I'd have issues with drugs or anything illegal. But, partying on the water with half nekked women is "ok" by me.

dirk digler
10-18-2005, 01:10 PM
Based on what I've read, it sounded like a bachelor party on the water... again, I'd have issues with drugs or anything illegal. But, partying on the water with half nekked women is "ok" by me.

Good point.

alanm
10-18-2005, 01:16 PM
His secret love affair? Is Fabio on the cover of this piece of fiction?

I wonder how long she remains a cheerleader since their forbidden to associate with the football players. It would seem to me she's in more trouble than Jake is. Not that he's in trouble, he's not. He's probably pissed that he put her in hot water. :hmmm:

alanm
10-18-2005, 01:21 PM
I guess I should clarify that I really don't care about this. I read the thread, chuckled a bit, made an obnoxious flippant comment, and that's pretty much the extent of it. I can't imagine why I would care about this, or why anyone else would care if I did.

So to anyone getting all upset about this, regardless of team affiliation: Lighten up, Francis.
Because it's funny to watch TJ backpeddle when he says he doesn't care about this but come to defend Jake anyway. :)

vailpass
10-18-2005, 01:27 PM
I wonder how long she remains a cheerleader since their forbidden to associate with the football players. It would seem to me she's in more trouble than Jake is. Not that he's in trouble, he's not. He's probably pissed that he put her in hot water. :hmmm:

The Bronco Cheerleader manager stated in the Denver Post yesterday that there are no rules regarding cheerleaders dating players, that it is perfectly okay.

Mile High Mania
10-18-2005, 01:30 PM
The Bronco Cheerleader manager stated in the Denver Post yesterday that there are no rules regarding cheerleaders dating players, that it is perfectly okay.

I think Elam married a cheerleader a few years ago...

I'd rather talk about the fact that Denver is 5-1 and Plummer hasn't had a turnover since San Diego. :clap: Hooray!

alanm
10-18-2005, 01:31 PM
The Bronco's must be the only team with that policy. Almost all pro teams have the opposite view.

Taco John
10-18-2005, 01:32 PM
Because it's funny to watch TJ backpeddle when he says he doesn't care about this but come to defend Jake anyway. :)

Huh? I haven't defended Jake at all. I'm known as one of his biggest critics on the Mane right now. I don't see anything to defend. I just like pulling pig tails in this thread of the little girls who are wetting themselves over this whole deal. They make themselves good targets.

the Talking Can
10-18-2005, 01:37 PM
has Plunger apologized for the 'stache yet?

or his attempt to act like a QB?

vailpass
10-18-2005, 01:52 PM
The Bronco's must be the only team with that policy. Almost all pro teams have the opposite view.

That was definetely true in the 70s and 80s. Things change. Maybe now cheerleader cunny is considered a perk and used as a FA recruiting tool.

Pitt Gorilla
10-18-2005, 01:56 PM
Taco is exhibiting battered fan syndrome.

GoTrav
10-18-2005, 02:04 PM
bottom line: Plummer is still a tool

Sure-Oz
10-18-2005, 06:32 PM
more pics of the hot ass cheerleader, it must be the plummer mustache