PDA

View Full Version : Mrs Nzoner and I would like to say

Nzoner
10-18-2005, 09:18 AM
thanks to everyone who attended the fundraiser on Saturday.Aside from Kip's battle with the screen door :D it looks as though we made it through another year without incident and appreciate everyone's support.

Speaking for myself and the rest of the 37 Forever board thanks for attending not only Saturday but the entire weekend and making the festivities a success.

If everything goes right more pictures will be posted later today.

During clean-up we've come across a few items,nothing of major importance but in case you're looking you'll know.

Men's shorts,green

Camping chair,burgundy

Beer coolie,black

Bic lighter,red

Sturgis beer,4 cans(owner found and admitted to purposesly leaving in our fridge)

Propel fitness water,grape,1 bottle

Margarita Ice,1 bottle

Bob Dole
10-18-2005, 09:22 AM
Thanks for being top-notch hosts!

dirk digler
10-18-2005, 09:25 AM
Thanks Nzoner for being an awesome hosts. BTW I am extremely jealous of your TV/game room.

BigRedChief
10-18-2005, 09:29 AM
Thanks Nzoner for being an awesome hosts. BTW I am extremely jealous of your TV/game room.

Most gracious of hosts. :clap:

Saulbadguy
10-18-2005, 09:30 AM
Thanks for everything. Looking forward to next year.

Are the pics going to be posted soon?

ptlyon
10-18-2005, 09:34 AM
Yes, thanks to you and the Mrs. for the awesome time! BTW - tell her i'm sorry for taking her driver in the NASCAR pool. :p

morphius
10-18-2005, 09:34 AM
What Bob Dole said. Had a great time again this year!

Dartgod
10-18-2005, 09:36 AM
Yes, many, many thanks for an awesome party. That is a top-notch spread you have there. If I ever become filthy rich, I'm going to have a place just like it.

Mr. Kotter
10-18-2005, 09:37 AM
Thanks to you and the Mrs., once again, for an outstanding and memorable weekend. :thumb:

morphius
10-18-2005, 09:45 AM
I just need to find a way to look even more unrecognizable next year, because the look on Pink's face, when doing name tags, was priceless.

KC Dan
10-18-2005, 09:49 AM
Thanks once again Joe & Kathy!!!

& go Jimmie Johnson! ROFL

mlyonsd
10-18-2005, 10:38 AM
You guys have an awesome place for a party. I would recommend it to everyone next year.

Thanks Joe and Kathy.

ROYC75
10-18-2005, 10:42 AM
Props on an awsome place and party.......

ExtremeChief
10-18-2005, 10:56 AM
Thanks for making my wife, kids, and no brother good in law feel welcome.... I'll probably have a bigger group next year.

Nzoner
10-18-2005, 12:19 PM
go Jimmie Johnson! ROFL

She has a new story she's telling now,it goes something like this,"you should have seen everyone in the gameroom watching NASCAR while the band was playing outside." :banghead:

Lzen
10-18-2005, 12:39 PM
She has a new story she's telling now,it goes something like this,"you should have seen everyone in the gameroom watching NASCAR while the band was playing outside." :banghead:

Bah, I was watching the KU game. Then I went out and watched the band for the 2nd half.

Go Jeff Gordon!! :p

Lzen
10-18-2005, 12:40 PM
Yes, thanks to you and the Mrs. for the awesome time! BTW - tell her i'm sorry for taking her driver in the NASCAR pool. :p

U were there? Damn, sry I didn't get to meet you.

ptlyon
10-18-2005, 12:41 PM
U were there? Damn, sry I didn't get to meet you.

Ya - same here. Didn't get to meet Saul either.

Our group headed for KC around 6:30 or so.

Oh well, always next year.

Bowser
10-18-2005, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the party, Joe. You guys throw at first class bash!

Lzen
10-18-2005, 12:47 PM
Ya - same here. Didn't get to meet Saul either.

Our group headed for KC around 6:30 or so.

Oh well, always next year.

I got there around 4 or 4:30 so, there were a couple hours. There were so many people, though. Will make a point to search you out next year.

Joe, as everyone else has already said, it was a great party. Thanks to you, your wife, family, and friends for everything.

mlyonsd
10-18-2005, 12:52 PM
I got there around 4 or 4:30 so, there were a couple hours. There were so many people, though. Will make a point to search you out next year.

Joe, as everyone else has already said, it was a great party. Thanks to you, your wife, family, and friends for everything.

One suggestion might be to have a guest sign in sheet at the door. That way you could know who was there you wanted to look up as well as who was there you wanted to avoid.

ptlyon
10-18-2005, 12:54 PM
One suggestion might be to have a guest sign in sheet at the door. That way you could know who was there you wanted to look up as well as who was there you wanted to avoid.

Looks like he did just fine without one.

:)

Mr. Kotter
10-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Even ENDelt & I screaming "turn left! turn LEFT! TURN LEFT!" didn't seem to bother the NASCAR folks.

Spicy McHaggis
10-18-2005, 01:12 PM
Nzoner, couldn't make it out to this year and it sounds like I missed a good time. I'm definately planning on making my inaugural appearance next year though. And that's saying something as I usually have no idea what I'm doing 2 days from now.

Coach
10-18-2005, 03:05 PM
Me and my brother really enjoyed our time there Nzoner. On the way home after the events, he was talking about how much fun he was watching that entertainment center you had, with those different channels going on, as well as playing catch with some of the other CP members as well.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-18-2005, 03:08 PM
Aside from Kip's battle with the screen door :D it looks as though we made it through another year without incident
I'll bet your little "e" breathed a sigh of relief that I didn't make it back.

Phobia
10-18-2005, 03:11 PM
Me and my brother really enjoyed our time there Nzoner. On the way home after the events, he was talking about how much fun he was watching that entertainment center you had, with those different channels going on, as well as playing catch with some of the other CP members as well.

Your brother was one of my favorite guests of the entire weekend. He didn't say anything to me about my fat head, fat gut, or how much beer I was drinking. He was a perfect gentleman. Heh heh.

Seriously though, I wish I remembered more signs from my youth. I'm just not fast enough.

Raiderhater
10-18-2005, 03:25 PM
Even better than last year's party. Thanks for opening up your home to all of us. :toast:

Coach
10-18-2005, 03:31 PM
Your brother was one of my favorite guests of the entire weekend. He didn't say anything to me about my fat head, fat gut, or how much beer I was drinking. He was a perfect gentleman. Heh heh.

Seriously though, I wish I remembered more signs from my youth. I'm just not fast enough.

ROFL

Well, he doesn't know everyone right off the bat, and that communication between him and everyone else was, well, I knew it wasn't going to work out, since I'm sure everyone else in here either know nothing about sign language, other than the usual flip the bird. Heh heh. So that's why for the most part, I was near him, so that I don't get him left out for the most part, and that I don't want an CP member feeing embarrased talking to him, but not getting any response. :shrug:

As for the signing, it's really pretty easy to memorize it if you use it on a daily basis or so.

Phobia
10-18-2005, 03:32 PM
He could definitely play ball. Quite a little athlete.

Coach
10-18-2005, 03:37 PM
He could definitely play ball. Quite a little athlete.

You should come down to Olathe sometime to watch him play basketball. I'm usually at most of his home games. Plus you'd be suprised how a deaf basketball game can be different to a normal HS basketball game.

He's a better athlete in basketball than football. No joke. He was nominated as All-American Deaf Team Honorable Mention. Quite an accomplishment.

ExtremeChief
10-18-2005, 03:43 PM
You should come down to Olathe sometime to watch him play basketball. I'm usually at most of his home games. Plus you'd be suprised how a deaf basketball game can be different to a normal HS basketball game.

He's a better athlete in basketball than football. No joke. He was nominated as All-American Deaf Team Honorable Mention. Quite an accomplishment.

If only EnDelt were that quiet...

Nice meeting you Coach!

Coach
10-18-2005, 03:50 PM
If only EnDelt were that quiet...

Nice meeting you Coach!

ROFL

I asked him if he heard a guy screaming "TURN LEFT! TURN LEFT! LEFT!"

He signed to me, "No, I didn't." And the funny thing was, he was no more than 10 yards away from ENDelt.

It was priceless. I was laughing about that. Everybody clearly heard ENDelt screaming, except for my brother.

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-18-2005, 04:28 PM
Thanks for making my wife, kids, and no brother good in law feel welcome.... I'll probably have a bigger group next year.

next year im gonna ride on top of your car

4th and Long
10-18-2005, 04:42 PM

Wow Coach, I had no idea. All I can say about that is,
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5494/outstanding5xu.jpg
:clap:

Coach
10-18-2005, 04:46 PM

ROFL

That was awesome.

4th and Long
10-18-2005, 04:54 PM
ROFL

That was awesome.
And I meant every letter of it. :)

Biohazard
10-18-2005, 05:08 PM
next year im gonna ride on top of your car
Not if his car has anything to say about it!:D

Phobia
10-18-2005, 05:48 PM
ROFL

That was awesome.

Wrong. It was outstanding.

Saulbadguy
10-18-2005, 05:55 PM
My stay would have been much more pleasant if I wasn't woken up by Gary Glitter, and a buck naked Phil.

ROYC75
10-18-2005, 05:57 PM

Uh, could you please fill the rest of us in ? Not that we are dumb dumb's or anything like that, just uneducated, OK.

4th and Long
10-18-2005, 06:02 PM
Uh, could you please fill the rest of us in ? Not that we are dumb dumb's or anything like that, just uneducated, OK.
Please see the last word in post #39.

Phobia
10-18-2005, 07:23 PM
Luckily, I've decided 35 year old men don't streak. You'll be spared in the future....

unless I change my mind.

chief husker
10-18-2005, 07:39 PM
Luckily, I've decided 35 year old men don't streak. You'll be spared in the future....

A whole new meaning to Midnight Express.............

unless I change my mind.

Coach
10-18-2005, 08:38 PM
Wrong. It was outstanding.

:eek:

Somebody give this man a cigar! :D

Seriously though, if Phil or some other CP member are interested in going to one of his games, send me a smoke.

Frazod
10-18-2005, 10:56 PM
I had a great time. You guys rock.

I wish I could have stayed longer on Saturday, but I had to do the family thing.