PDA

View Full Version : Give credit where credit is due!

Rick
10-18-2005, 12:22 PM
I can't believe those who say our defense is not better. First of all, teams this year have the ball more because our offense doesn't keep it as long (we have spent more time defending). I was VERY glad to see the bootleg roll outs covered so perfectly Sunday (this gives me hope that Denver won't burn our arse 10 times with it when we play them again). Sammy Knight and Surtain are a definite improvement. Our run defense is in no way the same, we are way better. There are simply 3 areas of concern on defense, they are:

1) tighten up our zone defenses (and not just a little)
2) get more of a consistent pass rush.
3) replace McCleon and possibly Wesley.

Anybody ever notice that Wesley never breaks up passes, he simply tackles guys after they've caught it for a first down (yeah, I know he would have had an interception if not for a penalty- when's the last time you've seen that?)

McCleon simply can't cover one of the other teams top two receivers, let alone the best in the NFL. I always see McCleon and Wesley guys coming up with the plays, not Surtain's and Knight's- even though they have not been perfect (see Moss in Oakland)

sedated
10-18-2005, 12:26 PM
Anybody ever notice that Wesley never breaks up passes, he simply tackles guys after they've caught it for a first down

Wesley also screwed up his angle and let Santana Moss break that screen pass for a TD.

There was a Woods sighting against WAS.

Wonder if he'll get any more time, or Billy Bartee - heard he was playing awesome at safety.

InChiefsHeaven
10-18-2005, 12:27 PM
Well, if the Chiefs defense continues to let teams score even one time, then we are doooooomed!!! :rolleyes:

Hammock Parties
10-18-2005, 12:29 PM
yeah, I know he would have had an interception if not for a penalty- when's the last time you've seen that?)

I am not sure what you're trying to insinuate with this, but Wesley is one of the leading interceptors from the safety position in the NFL over the last few years.

Chris Meck
10-18-2005, 12:33 PM
Well, that's true, but Wesley is also often out of position or takes bad angles on the play. He needs to improve the mental portion of his game.

Hammock Parties
10-18-2005, 12:33 PM
Well, that's true, but Wesley is also often out of position or takes bad angles on the play. He needs to improve the mental portion of his game.

Yep.

Warrior5
10-18-2005, 12:41 PM

Wesley's gonna have his opportunity Sunday against INT-prone Fiedler.
He, and the rest of the secondary, better make the most of it.

Hammock Parties
10-18-2005, 12:44 PM
Wesley's gonna have his opportunity Sunday against INT-prone Fiedler.
He, and the rest of the secondary, better make the most of it.

Frerotte.