PDA

View Full Version : To all the Cardinal Haters!

madshaw16
10-18-2005, 12:51 PM
To all the Royals fans that couldn't wait for the Cardinals to lose yesterday, I would like to say that you are just jealous. You can't field a team that would be competitive at the double a level, and you hate to admit that there is actually a good baseball team in Missouri, and it's not the Royals. There were some saying they just wanted the Cardinals to lose so Cardinals fans couldn't talk anymore trash, well the fact is that any team that loses over 100 games shouldn't be allowed to talk at all.

carlos3652
10-18-2005, 12:53 PM
Wow... another classy Cardinal fan... ROFL

Fish
10-18-2005, 12:55 PM
http://www.cheaptherapy.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/WHINE2.jpg

Bowser
10-18-2005, 12:55 PM

Bearcat
10-18-2005, 12:56 PM
To all the Royals fans that couldn't wait for the Cardinals to lose yesterday, I would like to say that you are just jealous. You can't field a team that would be competitive at the double a level, and you hate to admit that there is actually a good baseball team in Missouri, and it's not the Royals. There were some saying they just wanted the Cardinals to lose so Cardinals fans couldn't talk anymore trash, well the fact is that any team that loses over 100 games shouldn't be allowed to talk at all.

Yeah.... like the Cardinals losing would prevent their fans from talking trash... let me guess, next year will be destiny because of the new stadium? :rolleyes:

Wanting you to STFU has nothing to do with jealousy.

keg in kc
10-18-2005, 12:58 PM
Well, that'll just shut up all those Royals fans. You've sure told them.

Saulbadguy
10-18-2005, 12:58 PM
God damn Rams fans.

shakesthecat
10-18-2005, 01:02 PM
Congrats on winning the World Series last night!

|Zach|
10-18-2005, 01:04 PM
I think you'd have to have serious issues to still hate the Royals...wow.

Spicy McHaggis
10-18-2005, 01:06 PM
One thing is abudantly clear here. You still haven't let 85 go.

So Pujols coming through makes up for the massive choke-job in the Series last year? Not to mention you're still a game down with Oswalt pitching in game 6. I couldn't give less of a shit about the NL teams but you've inspired me to pull out my Sox shirt just in case you actually make it to the WS.

Brock
10-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Very reminiscent of Raiders fanz post Super Bowl blowout.

Braincase
10-18-2005, 01:09 PM
1985, bitch.

shakesthecat
10-18-2005, 01:10 PM
I couldn't give less of a shit about the NL teams but you've inspired me to pull out my Sox shirt just in case you actually make it to the WS.

You're wasting your time, Spicy.
BRC has already informed us that once the Cards win the NLCS, they'll sweep the Sox in the series.

ChiTown
10-18-2005, 01:10 PM
No problem.

I'll shut my mouth and wait until Wednesday to celebrate another Cardinal playoff choke.

TEX
10-18-2005, 01:11 PM

You're the LOSER. You come here and talk like this only AFTER "Magilla the Gorilla" blasts a 3 -run-shot to beat the Astros. I bet you had given up and were cussing "your" Cardinals right up until then.

I don't hate the Cardinals, as I appreciate their good play but I do hate classless "fans" like yourself that only talk when thery feel it's safe. Why are you on a FOOTBALL BB talking Cardinals baseball in the first place? Why don't you bring it to a Stros Board, if you have something to say, and see what happens... :hmmm: L-O-S-E-R

GO STROS!

|Zach|
10-18-2005, 01:11 PM
1985, bitch.
http://www.vintagesportsshoppe.com/pro10.jpg http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Baseball/MLB/MLB-WS_2783.gif http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/coverv/26/157026.jpg

http://www.dean.usma.edu/math/people/huber/Sabermetrics/Pictures/Balboni/1985%20World%20Series%20ring.jpg

Archie Bunker
10-18-2005, 01:13 PM
Jealousy never had anything to do with my hatred of the Cardinals, arrogant Cardinal fans that act like they have done something since 1983 did. I have never met a Cardinal fan that wasnt an overbearing POS and I guess I still haven't.

KChiefs1
10-18-2005, 01:14 PM
St Louis Cardinal fans never cease to amaze me.

Ralphy Boy
10-18-2005, 01:15 PM
Can't we all just get along?

Hey little Cardinal fan, I like the Cardinals as much as anyone could possibly like them, but your approach was all wrong. How about instead you could have said something like "Like them or not, how about that game last night?".

Regardless if you like the Cards, you gotta feel for the Stro's as they were one strike from their first ever World Series, on a date exactly 45 years from the day they were first awarded a franchise.

I cannot begin to imagine the pain and anguish a Astros fan must feel at that moment.....oh wait, 1985.

Frazod
10-18-2005, 01:25 PM

It's people reacting to SHIT LIKE THIS that makes this such a hostile environment for Cards fans. I really wish this circle jerk of hatred would end, but I guess it won't. :shake:

TEX
10-18-2005, 01:28 PM
Can't we all just get along?

Hey little Cardinal fan, I like the Cardinals as much as anyone could possibly like them, but your approach was all wrong. How about instead you could have said something like "Like them or not, how about that game last night?".

Regardless if you like the Cards, you gotta feel for the Stro's as they were one strike from their first ever World Series, on a date exactly 45 years from the day they were first awarded a franchise.

I cannot begin to imagine the pain and anguish a Astros fan must feel at that moment.....oh wait, 1985.

Ah...it's not that bad,the Stros weren't supposed to even be here. What they have been able to accomplish this season, considering what they lost in the offseason (Beltran, Kent, Bagwell) is remarkable. And, all they have to do is win 1 out of 2. I like our chances with Oswalt and Clemens. If we lose, the better team won. Regardless, it has been and still is an exciting season.

GO STROS!

ChiefsFan4Life
10-18-2005, 01:30 PM

LOL, people like you are why I hate the Cardinals and why I wish I could sit next to you at the next game to see you cry when the Astros win in your precious Busch stadium. I love that the last game to be remembered there will be a disappointed (but non-surprising) post-season loss.

Make fun of the Royals all you want, but come time for the World Series this year, both the Royals and Cardinals will be watching the game from their living room sofa.

Ralphy Boy
10-18-2005, 01:30 PM
Jealousy never had anything to do with my hatred of the Cardinals, arrogant Cardinal fans that act like they have done something since 1983 did. I have never met a Cardinal fan that wasnt an overbearing POS and I guess I still haven't.

Well technically we've never met, but yes you have. Cardinals fans like the idiot who started this thread aren't the norm.

This guy might be the norm, for idiots like us who care enough about what other idiots (who post on websites) think to actually talk smack to. But most Cards fans don't post on websites and to do it the first time the Cards have had a real positive moment in the postseason is classless.

Some people just want to win & if they can't win, they want their enemy to lose or die trying. Uneducated types who simply want to be a winner no matter the cost essentially lost before stepping foot on the field because they don't get the point of sportsmanship.
Other people who are true fans of the game and appreciate the game above all else while putting only their team beneath their respect of the game, can still appreciate another teams efforts and congratulate them on a job well done.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=102475] ( http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=102475[/url]
granted I'd had too much to drink that night.

duncan_idaho
10-18-2005, 01:31 PM
To those pointing out that the Astros still have Oswalt and Clemens for Games Six and Seven:

The Stros had the same situation last season and couldn't close the deal... and that was with the positive momentum of a three-game sweep in Houston. And the Cardinals didn't have Mulder to go in Game Six against Oswalt last year.

And I know he gets a day off today, but Lidge has got to be a little tired. Yes, he's still throwing as hard as ever, but his location has been off the past two games. Also, look at the other closers to surrender similar postseason home runs-Donnie Moore, Mitch Williams, B.K. Kim-you've got to wonder a little about his ability to come back from that home run.

rageeumr
10-18-2005, 01:51 PM
Well technically we've never met, but yes you have. Cardinals fans like the idiot who started this thread aren't the norm.

Perhaps just being a passionate Royals fan invokes the worst in the Cards fans, but I would have to say (and my sample size is well over a hundred, thanks to going to largely St-Louis populated UMR) that at least 75% of cardinals fans I have met are overbearing, challenging, look-down-their-nose-even-though-they-haven't-won-the-series-since-'82 types just like this guy. But once again, maybe it's just because I am so quick to remind them of their posession of a longer championship drought whenever they start bagging on my Royals. :hmmm:

BigRedChief
10-18-2005, 01:59 PM
It's people reacting to SHIT LIKE THIS that makes this such a hostile environment for Cards fans. I really wish this circle jerk of hatred would end, but I guess it won't. :shake:

No chit. I wish you guys would back off the hostility to all Cardinal fans. I've said it ten times in the last week and I'll say it again.........

There are no Cardinal fans on this board that are regular posters on the Planet that diss the Royals or their fans or think Derkingers call was the reason they lost the series 20 friggin years ago.

Can't you guys seperate trolls from us regulars?:hmmm:

rageeumr
10-18-2005, 01:59 PM
There are 2 things that I find pretty common in Cardinals fans, their tendency to get nasty, as I mentioned in my last post, and their complete lack of historical understanding of the series, namely "The call". Now granted I am only 24, so the people I usually end up having these discussions with were only 4 or 5 at the time of the series.. but anyway, there is almost ALWAYS mention of Denkinger and the call. When you tell them that Orta was thrown out at third later in the inning, they get this dumbfounded look on their face and run off to look it up. I know it is off topic, but I find it an interesting observation as this has happened to me dozens of times......

rageeumr
10-18-2005, 02:02 PM
No chit. I wish you guys would back off the hostility to all Cardinal fans. I've said it ten times in the last week and I'll say it again.........

There are no Cardinal fans on this board that are regular posters on the Planet that diss the Royals or their fans or think Derkingers call was the reason they lost the series 20 friggin years ago.

Can't you guys seperate trolls from us regulars?:hmmm:

Of course all members of the planet are exempt from my gross stereotypes :)

chagrin
10-18-2005, 02:02 PM
Come on guys, why you be hatin'? People hated on Jesus too! You're just jealous of their giant lawn tractors!

ChiefsFan4Life
10-18-2005, 02:08 PM
Perhaps just being a passionate Royals fan invokes the worst in the Cards fans, but I would have to say (and my sample size is well over a hundred, thanks to going to largely St-Louis populated UMR) that at least 75% of cardinals fans I have met are overbearing, challenging, look-down-their-nose-even-though-they-haven't-won-the-series-since-'82 types just like this guy. But once again, maybe it's just because I am so quick to remind them of their posession of a longer championship drought whenever they start bagging on my Royals. :hmmm:

I know 100% what you mean...I just recently graduated from UMR.

alpha_omega
10-18-2005, 02:14 PM
Cardinals last series win = 1982

Royals last series win = 1985

End of story. Go home troll!

Eleazar
10-18-2005, 02:15 PM
Wanting the Cardinals to lose is mostly just because of the jerkoff fans I deal with here at work. They resemble this guy.

It's got nothing to do with records. I don't give a rip if the Royals lose 100 games the rest of my life, they will still be my team. Jealous my arse. Your city's dirty and your river stinks.

BigRedChief
10-18-2005, 02:19 PM
Your city's dirty and your river stinks.

Just another reminder. A public service.

There are no Cardinal fans on this board that are regular posters on the Planet that care about anything St. Louis except that our beloved Cardinals play there.

Archie Bunker
10-18-2005, 02:27 PM
To all level headed Card fans on Chiefsplanet I am sorry for lumping you in with this jackoff. I just get it all the time here in Springfield and I get sick of the high and mighty attitude that some Card fans have.

Carry on.

Eleazar
10-18-2005, 02:32 PM
Just another reminder. A public service.

There are no Cardinal fans on this board that are regular posters on the Planet that care about anything St. Louis except that our beloved Cardinals play there.

That was directed at the person I quoted.

ChiefsCountry
10-18-2005, 02:41 PM
To all level headed Card fans on Chiefsplanet I am sorry for lumping you in with this jackoff. I just get it all the time here in Springfield and I get sick of the high and mighty attitude that some Card fans have.

Carry on.

Yep, I hear you its bad down here in Springfield.

I like the Cardinals team, I dont like their fans mainly the ones from St. Louis. The regular posters on here are normally pretty cool about the Royals like BRC said, there is a couple that make the AAA remarks.

Eleazar
10-18-2005, 02:45 PM

Carry on.

Yeah... of coruse there are a lot of quality fans who grew up in the city watching them as their home team and all that. I have family in the StL area who give me a lot of trouble, and who I know would want the Royals to lose if they were in the playoffs, but they're good fans. Pretty much just my opposite number. I'll be happy for those kinds of people if the Cardinals ever win the series again ;) If I had been born in any other major league city I'm sure I'd have ended up a fan of that team instead of the one I have now.

But in this universe and not one of those alternate ones I still hope they tank it :evil:

Dartgod
10-18-2005, 02:47 PM
you hate to admit that there is actually a good baseball team in Missouri, and it's not the Royals.
Not me. The Cards have a damn fine team. Which makes their inevitable choke job even more hilarious.

PunkinDrublic
10-18-2005, 04:14 PM
I just get so sick and tired of hearing about the Cardinals thier fans and their storied tradition in the media. I think this guy posted out of insecurity. Now that the Red Sox have won the world series the Cards are next in line as being the most infamous post season chokers and I think deep down he knows it. I saw the Royals beat the tards on a national stage once in my lifetime and at the same time humiliate the city of St. Loser that's good enough for me.

papasmurf
10-18-2005, 04:19 PM

are you saying that you are a cardinal fan then?

Archie Bunker
10-18-2005, 04:40 PM
are you saying that you are a cardinal fan then?
ROFL Burn

papasmurf
10-18-2005, 04:51 PM
ROFL Burn

:D

Mr. Flopnuts
10-18-2005, 04:57 PM

I could give a shit about either team. That being said, do you really think that you're in a position to complain about this board being hostile against Cardinals fans when your title says "Brad Lidge is my bitch" and an avatar of Pujols? I don't. Fact is, I think you guys have had your asses handed to you this entire series and probably don't get out of game 6. If you do congrats. If you don't, then why don't you put up a signature saying "I'm the Houston Astros punk-made bitch" Yeah, I wouldn't either. Difference is, I sure as hell wouldn't have that avatar and title under my name down 3-2 in the NLCS staring down Oswalt, and Clemons. :shake:

Ebolapox
10-18-2005, 05:28 PM
cards fans are a LOT like KU fans--all class all the time

-EB-

WilliamTheIrish
10-18-2005, 05:47 PM
I hate to see this thread.

But since it's here;

I would like to say that you are just jealous.
Hey, F*ckwit,I'm no jealous Royals fan. I'm a guy who dislikes the Cardinals. It didn't used to be that way. But the actions of the Cards in 1985 is burned into my memory.

It's been recited time and again, but the clownmanship put on dislplay by the White Rat, Andujar, Tudor and company, absolutley soured me on the franchise for the remainder of my life.

There no doubt that DD blew the call on Orta. There is less doubt that Cards melted like a snowball going through hell before they could record 3 outs.

After blaming everybody but themselves for losing Game 6, they came out in Game 7 and laid down. Dead. Q.U.I.T. The proudest of NL franchises wanted to leave the field.

Bill James, in the 1986 Baseball Abstract, laid out the scene in beautiful detail. For those of you too young to remember I suggest you pick it up at the local library and just read through it.

There were some saying they just wanted the Cardinals to lose so Cardinals fans couldn't talk anymore trash, well the fact is that any team that loses over 100 games shouldn't be allowed to talk at all.

Just for the record, I enjoy reading the Cards fans talk a little shiot. Last year was hilarious. The Bosox had no chance. It was going to be "The Curse" continuing, that the Cards had handled them in 46 and 67 and 04 was no different.

Then LaRussa, "The Rock", started cracking up and took his team with him. Laruusa did so much stupid shiot in those 4 games.

In game 4 of this series he did the same thing. Lost his mind and got thumbed over balls and strikes. (Got to fire up the team or some such bullshiot.) If you're not fired up for the NLCS then you're a crummy manager, plain and simple. Followed by Edmonds, who groused, was given time to compose himself and then went back for seconds.

Disclaimer: This doesn't excuse the horrible game behind the plate that Cuzzi called, because he needs to be removed from umpiring all together if that's his usual game.

Yesterday, Larussa sat there and let the game play out and in the end his superstar player - who says nothing, and shows no player up- hits the ultimate shot.

Just an incredible game.

WilliamTheIrish
10-18-2005, 06:16 PM
Also, I would like to point out to the 'genious' Cards fans who have written on here that the Cards faced the exact same situation and pitchers as last year in Game 6 and Game 7, to please consult your "I'm a 'genious' Cards fan Hand Book.

The Astros have a history of folding including last year when they were up 3-2 going to St. Louis and had Oswalt and Clemons to pitch the 2 games. How did that turn out for them?

The Stros had the same situation last season and couldn't close the deal... and that was with the positive momentum of a three-game sweep in Houston. And the Cardinals didn't have Mulder to go in Game Six against Oswalt last year.

Uh....... no. Oswalt did not pitch game 6. Pete Munro, (4-7) started that game. Oswalt didn't pitch.

Kind of disappointed in the long time Cards fans.

Sure-Oz
10-18-2005, 06:34 PM
ohh noozzzz dont insult my p00r royals n0000zz

cardinals=teh l0se

Frazod
10-18-2005, 06:55 PM
I could give a shit about either team. That being said, do you really think that you're in a position to complain about this board being hostile against Cardinals fans when your title says "Brad Lidge is my bitch" and an avatar of Pujols? I don't. Fact is, I think you guys have had your asses handed to you this entire series and probably don't get out of game 6. If you do congrats. If you don't, then why don't you put up a signature saying "I'm the Houston Astros punk-made bitch" Yeah, I wouldn't either. Difference is, I sure as hell wouldn't have that avatar and title under my name down 3-2 in the NLCS staring down Oswalt, and Clemons. :shake:

What can I say? Reading post after post after post about how much my team sucks and how much I suck because I like them has sort of PISSED ME OFF. I like the Royals. I've always rooted for both teams because I grew up in central Missouri. I've been to a lot more games in KC than St. Louis. I rooted for the Royals over the Cardinals in '85. I don't consider the Royals or Kansas City people to be my enemies. It's not my fault Glass is a cheap, life-sucking ghoul, and that he's destroyed the Royals, and that they're an embarrassment to the city, the state and the sport. IT'S NOT THE FAULT OF ANYBODY IN ST. LOUIS, EITHER.

I'm fed up, pissed off and running out of olive branches. I don't belittle the Royals and I'm sick of being blasted because others do. I despise Houston, and will continue to do so whether they win or lose. Since this isn't an Asstros BB (or even a Texans BB), I don't give a shit about offending Asstros fans. So basically, if you don't like my avatar, ignore it. If you don't like my posts, ignore them and ignore me. If neither of those options works, feel free to kiss my ass. At this point, I don't care anymore.

Maybe the Cardinals will lose tomorrow, and then all the whiners will be f#cking happy, and then they can put away their 20 year old newspaper clippings and move the hell on with their lives. And I'll move on and root for the friggin White Sox.

madshaw16
10-18-2005, 06:58 PM

What are you talking about, they have lost 2 one run games. How is that getting your ass handed to you!?

tk13
10-18-2005, 07:01 PM
Also, I would like to point out to the 'genious' Cards fans who have written on here that the Cards faced the exact same situation and pitchers as last year in Game 6 and Game 7, to please consult your "I'm a 'genious' Cards fan Hand Book.

Uh....... no. Oswalt did not pitch game 6. Pete Munro, (4-7) started that game. Oswalt didn't pitch.

Kind of disappointed in the long time Cards fans.
Good call. I kept thinking Munro started one of those games, but wasn't quite sure. I had forgotten all about him until they mentioned him on the FOX broadcast a couple games ago.

Eleazar
10-18-2005, 07:02 PM
What are you talking about, they have lost 2 one run games. How is that getting your ass handed to you!?

The series really has been closer than it was looking last night before the home run. All that matters is the W-L of course, but it has been.

I expect it to come down to the end. I'd almost bet that it will be one of those last-team-that-scores-in-game-7 series.

WilliamTheIrish
10-18-2005, 07:09 PM
Good call. I kept thinking Munro started one of those games, but wasn't quite sure. I had forgotten all about him until they mentioned him on the FOX broadcast a couple games ago.

Yep. Munro went 2.1 innings, gave up 8 hits and 4 runs. Not stellar. But that was another great game. It went 13 innings and ended when Showgirl Edmonds blasted Micelli into the upper deck.

There are a couple of threads on the main page today concerning how bad sports talk radio is in Kansas City. For the most part they are right. Usually I just rock out on the way to work anymore. But today, I tuned in to 810 and listened to Danny Clinckscale talk about how folks who claim baseball is too slow or boring could not have watched that game and come to the conclusion that the game is boring.

Around here we just haven't had a game that meant that much in 20 years.

SoCalBronco
10-18-2005, 08:10 PM
Thats right, keep beating yourselves up on both sides so the Sox can take advantage in the Series.

Frazod
10-18-2005, 08:17 PM
Thats right, keep beating yourselves up on both sides so the Sox can take advantage in the Series.

Yeah, basically.

God, I hate Houston. :cuss:

ChiefsCountry
10-18-2005, 09:52 PM
Its funny how much Cardinals fans hate Houston even the Cards have owned the Astros over the years.

StcChief
10-18-2005, 10:11 PM
Its funny how much Cardinals fans hate Houston even the Cards have owned the Astros over the years.

NLC Division Rival. Yet we have a Love / Hate for the Cubbies in the division. Must be Chicago being near by.

Like we hated the Pond scum Mets in 80s NL East rival. 3 divisions then.

Darkwolfe
10-18-2005, 10:40 PM

Did you join this board JUST to post that lame-o crud? Talk about needing a life.

ChiefsCountry
10-18-2005, 11:04 PM
NLC Division Rival. Yet we have a Love / Hate for the Cubbies in the division. Must be Chicago being near by.

Like we hated the Pond scum Mets in 80s NL East rival. 3 divisions then.

What about the Pirates, Reds, and Brewers?

Frazod
10-18-2005, 11:22 PM
Living in the Chicago area, I derive a great deal of pleasure from the Cubs sucking ass, so it's hard to hate them. Nobody whines like a Cub or chokes like a Cub - they're great entertainment. It's especially fun to watch Cubs fans wallow in misery over the White Sox making the WS. That will only increase exponentially if the Cards make it as well.

As for the Pirates, Reds and Brewers, they all simply suck too much to be taken seriously.

Houston, however, is a pain in the ass. Like a psycho killer from a bad teen slasher movie, they just won't die, won't quit, won't go away. No matter how many games they lose the division by, here they come in the LCS to suck the friggin life out of us. That goddamn Berkman is the devil. The Cards had nothing left for Boston after seven games of beating back these jagoffs, and it looks like the series winner will be similarly drained this year while the White Sox sit back and laugh and pray for an extra-innings game 7. Even if St. Louis survives these last two games, I don't think they'll have enough gas left in the tank to beat Chicago. Of course, I don't think Houston can beat them, either.

F#cking Houston. God I wish Philadelphia had gotten the wild card. :#

Pitt Gorilla
10-19-2005, 12:09 AM
To those pointing out that the Astros still have Oswalt and Clemens for Games Six and Seven:

And I know he gets a day off today, but Lidge has got to be a little tired. Yes, he's still throwing as hard as ever, but his location has been off the past two games. Also, look at the other closers to surrender similar postseason home runs-Donnie Moore, Mitch Williams, B.K. Kim-you've got to wonder a little about his ability to come back from that home run.The same situation? Are you suggesting that Munro = Oswalt?

Edit: I see that William already posted this. I'd still like to hear an explanation, though.

Demonpenz
10-19-2005, 12:14 AM
jack clark is the bill buckner of the cards

BigRedChief
10-19-2005, 07:20 AM
The same situation? Are you suggesting that Munro = Oswalt? Edit: I see that William already posted this. I'd still like to hear an explanation, though.

Same situation = 3-2 and 2 to go at Bush. Yeah Oswalt is better than Munro but we didn't have Mulder either and we lost the best 3rd baseman in baseball for the series and then lost his back up so we are playing a 3rd stringer in the NCLS. Just getting my excuses ready. :p

StcChief
10-19-2005, 07:30 AM
Same situation = 3-2 and 2 to go at Bush. Yeah Oswalt is better than Munro but we didn't have Mulder either and we lost the best 3rd baseman in baseball for the series and then lost his back up so we are playing a 3rd stringer in the NCLS. Just getting my excuses ready. :p

I still like our odds at Busch.

Let's not forget, as the media has seemed to do what the Cardinals did without some key starters.

We played part of the season without:
Rolen - half season,
Sanders - 2 months
Walker - 2 months
Molina - 1 Month

Still won 100 games.

Great accomplishment by 'stros being 15 down end of may to comeback to playoffs.

ROYC75
10-19-2005, 07:58 AM
Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck,Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck,Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck, Cards suck,

BTW, I have mentioned the Cards SUCK today ? :p

joesomebody
10-19-2005, 08:02 AM
Me being jealous of the Cards is a joke...

I don't like St. Louis... The only St. Louis team I cheer for is the Blues, and if KC got a hockey team tomorrow, guess what? I'd forget about the Blues.

I'm completely neutral about St. Louis teams, but I usually hope they lose in championships because they are NFC and NL, which I go for AFC and AL...

The way I see it, unless you were alive to be a fan of the Cards before the Royals were in KC, I don't think there is any reason to be a Chiefs fan and a Cards fan... To me sports is about cheering for the teams you grew up with, but thats just me.

BigRedChief
10-19-2005, 08:08 AM
The way I see it, unless you were alive to be a fan of the Cards before the Royals were in KC, I don't think there is any reason to be a Chiefs fan and a Cards fan... To me sports is about cheering for the teams you grew up with, but thats just me.

I agree. I grew up in Springfield, Mo. watching Gibson and Brock play baseball and Lenny and Otis Taylor play football. I shall cheer no others.

StcChief
10-19-2005, 08:26 AM

I don't like St. Louis... The only St. Louis team I cheer for is the Blues, and if KC got a hockey team tomorrow, guess what? I'd forget about the Blues.

I'm completely neutral about St. Louis teams, but I usually hope they lose in championships because they are NFC and NL, which I go for AFC and AL...

Grew up in West Central Illinois listening to Harry and Jack on KMOX watching on BW TV the Cards/Cubs

Always a Cardinals fan...... Cubs are the loveable losers. nice rivalry...

Chiefs since 1980.... Liked their style of smashmouth D, running FB.

Can't stand AL because of the DH. It's time has come and gone.

ChiefsFanatic
10-19-2005, 08:29 AM
Scoreboard.

Bearcat
10-19-2005, 08:36 AM
That will only increase exponentially if the Cards make it as well.

Haha... I figured the north side was already repulsed by the White Sox making it... I didn't think about what they would do if the Cardinals made it, too.

That would be like the Broncos & Raiders playing to meet the Rams in the Super Bowl.

:Lin:

Sorry, that was uncalled for...

Chief Henry
10-19-2005, 08:56 AM
I still like our odds at Busch.

Let's not forget, as the media has seemed to do what the Cardinals did without some key starters.

We played part of the season without:
Rolen - half season,
Sanders - 2 months
Walker - 2 months
Molina - 1 Month

Still won 100 games.

Great accomplishment by 'stros being 15 down end of may to comeback to playoffs.

The cards have endured alot this season. Lots of injuries as you pointed out. Losing 25-30 HR and 80-100 RBI's like Rolen is hard to overcome.
Look at the Giants season when Bonds went down!!! The Cardinals
had a GREAT SEASON, especially after losing Rolen.

The Wild Card has been Great for baseball, just ask the Astro's. Its so dam tuff to win a WS anymore, ask the Cardinals. What Houston has accomplished is AMAZING if you ask me. I respect Houston greatly.
That Atlanta series was awesome. Berkmans grand slam and Burkes Blast will be historic should the Astros make the WS.

I just turned down tickets to game 7 of the NLCS if it gets that far.
I just spent several days at a funeralin NW Iowa and I need to get some
work done along with all of my other commitments.

Skip Towne
10-19-2005, 08:59 AM
I hate the Cardinals...............and all the other teams as well. Can I play?

Chief Henry
10-19-2005, 09:09 AM
I hate the Cardinals...............and all the other teams as well. Can I play?

No you can't. Us 3 or 4 Cardinal fans on this board don't need another anti - Cardinal fan drilling us on this board.

I Grew up NW Iowa loving the Chiefs and the Cardinals. I guess I'm a
Saint and a Sinner :Pimp:

ChiefsCountry
10-19-2005, 09:10 AM
The cards have endured alot this season. Lots of injuries as you pointed out. Losing 25-30 HR and 80-100 RBI's like Rolen is hard to overcome.
Look at the Giants season when Bonds went down!!! The Cardinals
had a GREAT SEASON, especially after losing Rolen.

The Wild Card has been Great for baseball, just ask the Astro's. Its so dam tuff to win a WS anymore, ask the Cardinals. What Houston has accomplished is AMAZING if you ask me. I respect Houston greatly.
That Atlanta series was awesome. Berkmans grand slam and Burkes Blast will be historic should the Astros make the WS.

I just spent several days at a funeralin NW Iowa and I need to get some
work done along with all of my other commitments.

Rolen is good but he is a part that is easily replaceable. Pujols kept that team together. Actually if I was the Cards I would try to trade Rolen and get a really good outfielder and another pitcher out of him. (ie Reds for maybe Dunn and Eric Milton.) 3rd Base is important but you dont really need a stud there to win, you have to go back to the Royals in '85 as the last team to win the WS with a real stud at the hot corner.

Frazod
10-19-2005, 09:25 AM
Haha... I figured the north side was already repulsed by the White Sox making it... I didn't think about what they would do if the Cardinals made it, too.

If the White Sox win the World Series, the year after the Red Sox won the World Series, that will officially leave the Cubs all alone in the century-of-sucking category.

Expect all true Cub fans to root for the NL winner, regardless of whether that team is Houston or St. Louis. If Houston wins, I expect to see Asstros hats pop up all over the city (well all over the Loop and the north side) just like Red Sox hats did last year. If St. Louis wins, well, they won't be buying hats :evil: but rest assured they'll be quietly, and bitterly, cheering on the Cardinals.

Nobody wants to be the last one standing when the music stops.

|Zach|
10-19-2005, 09:28 AM
I look forward to seeing the Astros in the Word Series.

BigRedChief
10-19-2005, 09:28 AM

Can I take those off your hands?:rolleyes:

duncan_idaho
10-19-2005, 09:54 AM
Trade Rolen for Dunn and Milton? You have to be kidding. Rolen was Pujols' best protectin in that lineup—you think pitchers are as scared of Reggie Sanders or 800-year-old Larry Walker? He also is the best defensive third basemen in baseball.

Dunn is a one-dimensional player who belongs at first base (Pujols domain for the next 10 years). And Milton is horrible—and he's a fly ball pitcher, to boot. The Cardinals don't acquire fly ball pitchers.

Gold Glove third basemen who hit 30 homers and drive in 100 runs are pretty damn tough to find. It's not that hard to find a corner outfielder, comparitively.

BigRedChief
10-19-2005, 09:58 AM
Rolen is good but he is a part that is easily replaceable. Pujols kept that team together. Actually if I was the Cards I would try to trade Rolen and get a really good outfielder and another pitcher out of him. (ie Reds for maybe Dunn and Eric Milton.) 3rd Base is important but you dont really need a stud there to win, you have to go back to the Royals in '85 as the last team to win the WS with a real stud at the hot corner.
http://www.forumspile.com/Post-Crap-Dog_Suicide.jpg

Yeah after all every team has a Gold Glove 3rd basemen who hits 30 home runs and drive in 100 rbi's, right?

BigRedChief
10-19-2005, 10:01 AM
If the White Sox win the World Series, the year after the Red Sox won the World Series, that will officially leave the Cubs all alone in the century-of-sucking category.

I guess that would be some consoliation to losing to the Astros. See the Cubbie fan realize they are all alone in the century of sucking catagory.

I actually like the Astros, the way they play the game, the passion the fans have for their team. It's almost "Cardinal" like. But they are still going down.

duncan_idaho
10-19-2005, 10:21 AM
Big Red - beat you to it—but I'm going to give you rep for thinking like me!

BigRedChief
10-19-2005, 10:27 AM
Big Red - beat you to it—but I'm going to give you rep for thinking like me!

4321 :banghead:

duncan_idaho
10-19-2005, 10:37 AM
except i apparently don't know how to pas out rep... helP?

madshaw16
10-19-2005, 11:15 AM

Well I grew up just North of St. Louis so I like the Cardinals but i like the Chiefs before the Rams came to town. I never have jumped on the train for the Rams but I support them. So that is why I'm a Chiefs and Cardinals fan.

ChiefsCountry
10-19-2005, 11:37 AM
http://www.forumspile.com/Post-Crap-Dog_Suicide.jpg

Yeah after all every team has a Gold Glove 3rd basemen who hits 30 home runs and drive in 100 rbi's, right?

In the last 25 years only two teams with stud third basemen have won World Series, Phillies and Royals. For Rolen you could probally get a good young outfielder and a good pitcher. Cardinals to need to get younger in the OF, will need another starting pitcher I doubt they resign Morris. There are some decent 3B on the market this off season (Mueller, Randa) and the OF market is pretty poor.

I like Rolen, he is good. But the Cards won over 100 games with him out of the lineup. If you could upgrade 2 or 3 positions it would be worth it. Especially considering the OF and Pitching needs help.

PS. I just said Dunn and Milton cause he was the first outfielder to pop in my head.

WilliamTheIrish
10-19-2005, 12:09 PM
Exchange Rolen for Randa?

(Chuckle)

StcChief
10-19-2005, 12:27 PM
Exchange Rolen for Randa?

(Chuckle)We played Royals west in SandyEggo. NLDS.

I'd keep Nunez before that.

duncan_idaho
10-19-2005, 12:31 PM
Chiefscountry,

The Cards WILL let Morris go... but will plug in either Anthony Reyes or Adam Wainwright in the No. 5 spot in the rotation. Both are good, young and even more important—cheap. Reyes looked very, very good in his appearances this season. He's a potential No. 1 starter, especially once he develops a breaking pitch.

As for Rolen, there are some big problems with trading him. First, he has a big, big contract and he's coming off a serious injury. The Yankees are probably the only team willing to take a risk on such a player, and they have that Rodriguez guy.

And what's the benefit, really? So you trade Rolen and replace him with Mueller or Randa. For one thing, if the goal is to get young, replacing an All-Star at third in his prime for an old 3B doesn't really help. Rolen will give you 30-35/100-120. Randa/Mueller gives you .300/15/70-80. So that's minus 15 homers and about 30 RBI. And while trading Rolen might yield an outfielder who can hit 30 homers and have 100 RBI, it's not hard to find an outfielder who can hit 15-20 homers and post 70-80 RBI. So basically, you're downgrading defensively at 3B for no real offensive upgrade in terms of combined production from the 3B/OF spot.

Oh, and BTW, name a TRUE stud 3B in the past 25 years besides Brett, Schmidt and Rolen. And Gary Gaetti ( '87 Twins) and Troy Glaus ( '02 Angels) both made significant contributions to their team's World Series wins. In fact, Glaus was the World Series MVP.

BigRedChief
10-19-2005, 12:44 PM
except i apparently don't know how to pas out rep... helP?

No worries mate. I have 19K+ in rep despite getting neg rep for being a Cardinals fan. :harumph:

Chief Henry
10-19-2005, 05:15 PM
Can I take those off your hands?:rolleyes:

These tickets were not mine.... A friend of mine in Mt.Pleasant, Iowa
called me late last night. Since I had just returned from a 3 day
(funeral trip) of a friend of mine in NW IOWA I had not been at my
office since Friday. I had to get alot of work done along with several other weekly commitments that I just did not feel like I could back out of. If I would have went I would have been at my office for just 1 day in the last week!!!! I almost went. My same friend in Mt. Pleasant also had an extra Iowa vs Michigan ticket for this Saturday too....whats a guy to do ?

4th and Long
10-19-2005, 05:26 PM
I have 19K+ in rep despite getting neg rep for being a Cardinals fan. :harumph:
I KNEW there was something I forgot to do! :p

ChiefsCountry
10-19-2005, 06:01 PM
Chiefscountry,

The Cards WILL let Morris go... but will plug in either Anthony Reyes or Adam Wainwright in the No. 5 spot in the rotation. Both are good, young and even more important—cheap. Reyes looked very, very good in his appearances this season. He's a potential No. 1 starter, especially once he develops a breaking pitch.

As for Rolen, there are some big problems with trading him. First, he has a big, big contract and he's coming off a serious injury. The Yankees are probably the only team willing to take a risk on such a player, and they have that Rodriguez guy.

And what's the benefit, really? So you trade Rolen and replace him with Mueller or Randa. For one thing, if the goal is to get young, replacing an All-Star at third in his prime for an old 3B doesn't really help. Rolen will give you 30-35/100-120. Randa/Mueller gives you .300/15/70-80. So that's minus 15 homers and about 30 RBI. And while trading Rolen might yield an outfielder who can hit 30 homers and have 100 RBI, it's not hard to find an outfielder who can hit 15-20 homers and post 70-80 RBI. So basically, you're downgrading defensively at 3B for no real offensive upgrade in terms of combined production from the 3B/OF spot.

Oh, and BTW, name a TRUE stud 3B in the past 25 years besides Brett, Schmidt and Rolen. And Gary Gaetti ( '87 Twins) and Troy Glaus ( '02 Angels) both made significant contributions to their team's World Series wins. In fact, Glaus was the World Series MVP.

You made some good points. But its something I would look into if I was the Cards, maybe its just me but he has some value.

Miles
10-19-2005, 06:10 PM

Mike Lowell was also pretty damn solid the year the Marlins won. There is aslo Wade Boggs on the 96 Yankees team and Chipper Jones on the 95 Braves.

ChiefsFan4Life
10-19-2005, 08:44 PM
LOL, people like you are why I hate the Cardinals and why I wish I could sit next to you at the next game to see you cry when the Astros win in your precious Busch stadium. I love that the last game to be remembered there will be a disappointed (but non-surprising) post-season loss.

Make fun of the Royals all you want, but come time for the World Series this year, both the Royals and Cardinals will be watching the game from their living room sofa.

^^^ Look, I can be annoying like a Cards fan too!

Pitt Gorilla
10-19-2005, 09:25 PM
Looks like Munro pitched pretty well. Uh, I mean...

ChiTown
10-19-2005, 09:26 PM
ROFL

That's choice.

KChiefsQT
10-19-2005, 09:26 PM
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4606/nlcschamps7er.jpg

Skip Towne
10-19-2005, 09:29 PM
WOO HOO ITS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WilliamTheIrish
10-19-2005, 09:36 PM

What? According the Cards fans, they beat Oswalt last year in Game 6 too.

I must be in another solar system.

ChiefsCountry
10-19-2005, 09:42 PM
If I am the Royals I tell Greinke to watch film on Oswalt all winter. They are so similar if Greinke lives up to is potential.

PunkinDrublic
10-19-2005, 10:16 PM
Start tearing down Busch stadium now.

OmahaChief
10-19-2005, 10:22 PM
Eff the Cardinals and Cardinal fans.

ChiTown
10-19-2005, 10:30 PM
If I am the Royals I tell Greinke to watch film on Oswalt all winter. They are so similar if Greinke lives up to is potential.

I gotta ask. How are these two similar? They have completely different pitching motions, different statures, and Greinke doesn't have NEAR the fastball that Oswalt has.

Eleazar
10-19-2005, 10:32 PM
Sorry Cards folks.

I guess I'm on to rooting for the Astros? Don't really have a horse in this race... but no love for the Sux for sure.

StcChief
10-19-2005, 11:02 PM
Cards didn't play their game tonite and lost.
At least we were in the NLCS.

Much as I hate the 'stros. Would rather see them PUNK the AL White Sux. in about 5 games.

Tear down Busch and get ready for new Stadium in 2006.

Frazod
10-19-2005, 11:05 PM
Cards didn't play their game tonite and lost.
At least we were in the NLCS.

Much as I hate the 'stros. Would rather see them PUNK the AL White Sux. in about 5 games.

Tear down Busch and get ready for new Stadium in 2006.

Oh goody. Now you can hate me too. :D

TEX
10-20-2005, 12:23 PM
I guess that would be some consoliation to losing to the Astros. See the Cubbie fan realize they are all alone in the century of sucking catagory.

I actually like the Astros, the way they play the game, the passion the fans have for their team. It's almost "Cardinal" like. But they are still going down.

NOT... :p

Go Stros!

chagrin
10-20-2005, 12:28 PM
Eff the Cardinals and Cardinal fans.

Is that soldja boy in your av?

BWAAHAHAHAHAA!!

Shouldn't you crop him out of that thing?