PDA

View Full Version : Question for whoever closed ***CLOSED*** Too hard on Sterling Sharpe **..............

Area 51
10-19-2005, 01:15 PM
Why close it? A better option might have been to the romper room or to just delete it totally.

I'm not slamming the closer, just asking why it wasn't handled a little differently.

siberian khatru
10-19-2005, 01:18 PM
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!

Mr. Laz
someone want to close this...

;)

|Zach|
Why wouldn't you just PM a mod about this.

htismaqe
10-19-2005, 01:19 PM
Are you questioning the neverending power of the almighty mods?

How dare you.

WilliamTheIrish
10-19-2005, 01:24 PM
I'd like to have kicked him around for a while..

Phobia
10-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Why close it? A better option might have been to the romper room or to just delete it totally.

I'm not slamming the closer, just asking why it wasn't handled a little differently.

I didn't delete it because we don't delete content.

I didn't move it to the romper room because it hadn't yet devolved into a romper room candidate.

I closed it because the idiot who posted it claimed he wouldn't be coming back to discuss the issues with us. Then why give him the satisfaction of observing our reaction(s)?

We don't care if people troll. We don't care if people push buttons. We don't even care if people call us racist and demand an explanation for our behavior.

We do tend to get a little pissy when somebody tracks dogshit through our home and immediately leaves without apology or an attempt to help us clean it up. There's no excuse for that garbage.

chagrin
10-19-2005, 01:28 PM
I'd like to have kicked him around for a while..

He basically called himself out for the coward that he is, saying that he wouldn't stick around for the discussion.

I feel that people who go to the race card everytime a "black" person is involved in a controversy simply doesn't have a firm grasp on reality. Not saying there is nothing to worry about "ever" but really, race has absolutely nothing to do with this.

WilliamTheIrish
10-19-2005, 01:28 PM
Still, a few kicks in the azz would have been fun.

TRing
10-19-2005, 01:33 PM
Ya I was going to go off on him too but i guess you got a good point phobia.

Plus the analogy was the selling point.

DeepSouth
10-19-2005, 01:49 PM
He basically called himself out for the coward that he is, saying that he wouldn't stick around for the discussion.

I feel that people who go to the race card everytime a "black" person is involved in a controversy simply doesn't have a firm grasp on reality. Not saying there is nothing to worry about "ever" but really, race has absolutely nothing to do with this.

Ignorance is color blind. Sharp could be purple, green, or fusha and he'd still have caught a bunch of crap from Chiefs fans for his pimping of Moss.

chagrin
10-19-2005, 01:52 PM
amen, although it would be disturbing if he was fusha

patteeu
10-19-2005, 04:13 PM
Ignorance is color blind. Sharp could be purple, green, or fusha and he'd still have caught a bunch of crap from Chiefs fans for his pimping of Moss.

No way. Chiefs fans only criticize black guys like Jason Whitlock, Bob Gretz, and Nick Athan.

Fish
10-19-2005, 04:21 PM
No way. Chiefs fans only criticize black guys like Jason Whitlock, Bob Gretz, and Nick Athan.

Whitlock is black?? I thought that was just unwashed BBQ sauce.....

Skip Towne
10-19-2005, 04:27 PM
What the hell is this all about?

Extra Point
10-19-2005, 04:33 PM

I like what I'm seeing in this post!

Area 51
10-19-2005, 04:35 PM
I didn't delete it because we don't delete content.

I didn't move it to the romper room because it hadn't yet devolved into a romper room candidate.

I closed it because the idiot who posted it claimed he wouldn't be coming back to discuss the issues with us. Then why give him the satisfaction of observing our reaction(s)?

We don't care if people troll. We don't care if people push buttons. We don't even care if people call us racist and demand an explanation for our behavior.

We do tend to get a little pissy when somebody tracks dogshit through our home and immediately leaves without apology or an attempt to help us clean it up. There's no excuse for that garbage.

Good enough. Just wanted to ask to be clear on what goes and what doesn't

Calcountry
10-19-2005, 04:48 PM

I feel that people who go to the race card everytime a "black" person is involved in a controversy simply doesn't have a firm grasp on reality. Not saying there is nothing to worry about "ever" but really, race has absolutely nothing to do with this.Steven Smith of NBA fame is calling race card because of the dress code and his need to wear Bling.

Bowser
10-19-2005, 04:50 PM
Steven Smith of NBA fame is calling race card because of the dress code and his need to wear Bling.

Steven Smith can eat a turd. Like it's going to kill these guys to look professional when they go on road trips, or in and out of the arena.

Be a gangsta on your own time.

Dinny Bossa Nova
10-19-2005, 05:00 PM
I have no idea what this has to do with this thread, 1000 pardons, please.

I have worked with several African-American musicians in my day. And it just popped into my head that, when the inevitable cornball caucasian would come up and attempt ebonics the guys for the most part took it good-naturedly, but I never remember them thinking it was funny.

But when the cornball walked away and they would turn to me mocking the cornball's failed attempt, sounding as caucasian as they could, it was the absolute epitome of live comedy.

Excuse me, fellows, I am fixing to bust a move.

Would you kindly pass the chitterlings?

As you were.

Dinny

siberian khatru
10-19-2005, 05:02 PM
Steven Smith of NBA fame is calling race card because of the dress code and his need to wear Bling.

If Steven A. Smith didn't exist, ESPN would have to invent him.

RealSNR
10-19-2005, 06:01 PM
Whitlock is black?? I thought that was just unwashed BBQ sauce.....
ROFL Rep

Bob Dole
10-19-2005, 08:45 PM

Firstly--Bob Dole apologized.

Second--if you'd pick up after your dog, it wouldn't be there for Bob Dole to track it through the house.

go bo
10-19-2005, 08:49 PM
i thought this thread was closed... ??

but you're right about the dog part... :thumb: