PDA

View Full Version : It has happened- a telemarketer called my cellphone!

ZepSinger
10-19-2005, 08:02 PM
I thought this wasn't supposed to happen on a cellphone!
I get a call today on my cell, and the CallerID says '5555'. Hmm. So, I go ahead and pick it up(it's my business phone), and I get a foreigner who can barely speak English trying to sell me a new mortgage! I suppose I should've read her the riot act, but I just hung up. Is this happening to anyone else???

P*ssed-

Z

JBucc
10-19-2005, 08:06 PM
Can't say it is

SCChief
10-19-2005, 08:06 PM
I thought this wasn't supposed to happen on a cellphone!
I get a call today on my cell, and the CallerID says '5555'. Hmm. So, I go ahead and pick it up(it's my business phone), and I get a foreigner who can barely speak English trying to sell me a new mortgage! I suppose I should've read her the riot act, but I just hung up. Is this happening to anyone else???

P*ssed-

Z

A friend of mine in Atlanta was getting constant calls (once or twice a day) from a place in Jamaica that was offering to refill his Vicodin prescription. Considering he had never had Vicodin, he asked them, and then cursed at them, why they were calling.

He eventually had to switch cellphones and numbers.

Bob Dole
10-19-2005, 08:14 PM
Bob Dole received one a month or so ago and informed them that it was a cell phone and that they should remove the number from their call list. Haven't had another call since.

ChiefsLV
10-19-2005, 08:35 PM
I've been receiving one a week for about three weeks. I went and added my cell phone to the do not call list. It seemed to work well for my land line.

joesomebody
10-19-2005, 09:06 PM
No, not my cell phone yet... but the other day at work American Express called and wanted to talk to the financial descision maker for the business...

Which I wasn't really sure whom to refer them too since I'm Active Duty Air Force...

I told her that and she kinda freaked out and said she'd remove the number.

BigRedChief
10-19-2005, 09:43 PM
and BRC doesn't know chit about 411 or cell phone telemarketers....lets revisit what I said was going to happen...........:)

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-20-2005, 12:16 AM
not on my cell phone

but the new land line i just had reconeted is a nother story

trndobrd
10-20-2005, 06:00 AM
No, not my cell phone yet... but the other day at work American Express called and wanted to talk to the financial descision maker for the business...

Which I wasn't really sure whom to refer them too since I'm Active Duty Air Force...

I told her that and she kinda freaked out and said she'd remove the number.

That would be George W. Bush, the number is easy enough to find online.

StcChief
10-20-2005, 07:36 AM
Get your cell on the no call list. Just like your home number.

Saulbadguy
10-20-2005, 07:37 AM
What an outrage!

:rolleyes: