PDA

View Full Version : Denver, Colts, Bengals, or Tampa .........

chiefsfan1963
10-19-2005, 10:10 PM
Which of these teams will come back to the rest of the herd?

Tampa may be the only team right now given their QB problem. Bengals and Colts seem for real to me. Denver I'm not as sold on. Thoughts?

beer bacon
10-19-2005, 10:20 PM
Colts will end up at 13-3 or 14-2. The other three will be one or two games over 500. Bengals may manage 11-5, but it depends on how long it takes for teams to really start running the ball down their throats, and when the turnovers start to dry up for their defense.

Archie Bunker
10-19-2005, 10:26 PM
All except the for the Colts. The Bengals have a nice offense but I am not sold on their D. Tampa Bay is banged up and play in a tough division with Carolina and Atlanta. Denver someday will have to play a few road games.

Nzoner
10-19-2005, 10:51 PM
I'm trying not to let the homer in me cloud my judgement but I just had a discussion with a guy today who was telling me the Broncos would beat the G-men this weekend 27-10.Not only did I disagree with him but I tried to get a small $10 bet with him that the Donks would lose their next two.

@ NYG
vs. Philly

He wasn't taking.

Coach
10-19-2005, 11:00 PM
None of those teams really impress me.

Denver - Yes, their 5-1 record may be sparking, but isn't that what their record has been the past 3 years? They start off fast, but then they just go downhill. Also Denver haven't really played any divisional road games yet.

Colts - I think of this Colts team as the Chiefs of 2003. Easy schedule. They were behind aganist the Rams, before Bulger was injured. If Bulger was still in there, I think the Colts could had lost this game IMHO.

Bengals - I agree with beer bacon about the Bengals. Their offense is really good, but still not sold on their defense.

Tampa - It'll depend on how Chris Simms do. If he does ok, Tampa might be all right. But if Simms shows signs of trouble, then Tampa will just rely on their running game more often than their passing game.

StcChief
10-19-2005, 11:20 PM
They could all fall back to middle in next 4 weeks.

Halfcan
10-19-2005, 11:48 PM
Denver will fade like they always do, they will be lucky to end up getting a wild card.

chiefsfan1963
10-20-2005, 11:15 AM
Interesting comments. I still think Bengals and colts are for real. Denver actually might be too. We'll see what happens with their next 2 games.

Iowanian
10-20-2005, 11:17 AM
I think the Colts are the champ this year.....They've got a great Offense, as per usual, but this year, they've got a defense than can not only keep them in a game, but control it.

TRing
10-20-2005, 11:48 AM
The Colts are definetely for real.

Bengals have caused a lot of turnovers and there offense is looking good. They have a chance to do good things.

Bucs are going to fall off.

And I hate to say it... but... the damn Broncos have looked good. There defense is real quick and doing good things. We need for them to get off there high.

Will the REAL Jake Plummer please stand up!!

ChiefFripp
10-20-2005, 11:53 AM
I think The Colts and The Broncos are the real deal. It hurt to type that.

chiefsfan1963
10-20-2005, 04:04 PM
I think The Colts and The Broncos are the real deal. It hurt to type that.

I have to agree.
:banghead:

Unfortunately Chiefs just aren't there and may never get to their level in 2005. :(

Hydrae
10-20-2005, 04:23 PM
Tampa and Denver will be coming back to the rest of the pack. Tampa has played way over their heads so far and that can not last the season. Denver has had a relatively easy start to the schedule but will start to have some problems with the majority of their remaining games on the road.

Cincinnati I am not sure about. They have such an explosive offense and the defense has been playing lights out. However I think that they will fall back and finish 9-7 or so.

Indy on the other hand appears to be for real. I just want to know where this defense has come from. They didn't make huge changes off season did they? Until I see otherwise, this is the team to beat in the AFC.

Mile High Mania
10-20-2005, 04:28 PM
I'm trying not to let the homer in me cloud my judgement but I just had a discussion with a guy today who was telling me the Broncos would beat the G-men this weekend 27-10.Not only did I disagree with him but I tried to get a small $10 bet with him that the Donks would lose their next two.

@ NYG
vs. Philly

He wasn't taking.

I don't bet... but, there's no way Denver goes 0-2 vs the Giants and Eagles. I have no idea what to expect on Sunday, but there's no way they lose both games.