PDA

View Full Version : Are you a morning person?

luv
10-20-2005, 12:15 AM
My sleep schedule is usually from 3-4AM to 10-11AM. Sometimes noon. Just depends on what I have going on that day. I like working second shift for this reason. :thumb:

Whenever I worked days, I was a ask me in two hours type of person. I'm still that way no matter what time I get up though.

KChiefsQT
10-20-2005, 12:17 AM
Just wanting to see what this creating a poll thing is all about.

not a morning person. AT ALL. I hate having to get up in the morning... btu if I got to sleep before 2 am that might change my mind... somehow i never can.

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-20-2005, 12:17 AM
you forgot the poll

KChiefsQT
10-20-2005, 12:18 AM
you forgot the poll
be patient ASSFACE. didn't u hear the woman... she's testing this out.

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-20-2005, 12:18 AM
no way am i a morning person

unless you call after midnight morning

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-20-2005, 12:20 AM

gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :mad: :mad: don't make me come over there ROFL

KChiefsQT
10-20-2005, 12:22 AM
gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :mad: :mad: don't make me come over there ROFL

try me. I'm starting to get a rather nice headache from boozing earlier and would love ur dumb ass to show up at my door so I could use you for a punching bag. :p :p

luv
10-20-2005, 12:25 AM
This is a peaceful thread. Don't make me...... :cuss:

:)

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-20-2005, 12:26 AM
must be my problem, just started boozing

KChiefsQT
10-20-2005, 12:26 AM
This is a peaceful thread. Don't make me...... :cuss:

:)

Denise shut it

Miles
10-20-2005, 12:28 AM
Its not bad if im a routine of geting up at the same time every day. I can be a bit useless till my first cup of coffee though.

KChiefsQT
10-20-2005, 12:32 AM
must be my problem, just started boozing

yes. (In response to ur rep comment.)

Nzoner
10-20-2005, 12:52 AM
I am a morning person only if it means staying up,there's something about midnight to 4 or 5 a.m. that I love.

As for a normal morning person,no way whatsoever,it's seriously one of the reasons I started my own business.Don't get me wrong,I still have to get up 2 1/2 weeks of every month and do the morning routine but I also have the rest where I can sleep in and do whatever.

Abba-Dabba
10-20-2005, 12:52 AM
Are you kidding? I'm a anytime of the day person. Blanca does that to a person. Just kidding, never touch the stuff.

greg63
10-20-2005, 12:55 AM
My sleep schedule is usually from 3-4AM to 10-11AM. Sometimes noon. Just depends on what I have going on that day. I like working second shift for this reason. :thumb:

Whenever I worked days, I was a ask me in two hours type of person. I'm still that way no matter what time I get up though.

...Same here, although I'm a bit tired right now because of my slightly jumble work schedule, but that is supposed to get ironed out once the boss comes back from vacation. Ooops! I guess ya didn't need my complete history. I voted "ask me in two hours". :D

luv
10-20-2005, 12:56 AM
I am a morning person only if it means staying up,there's something about midnight to 4 or 5 a.m. that I love.

As for a normal morning person,no way whatsoever,it's seriously one of the reasons I started my own business.Don't get me wrong,I still have to get up 2 1/2 weeks of every month and do the morning routine but I also have the rest where I can sleep in and do whatever.
I like being different. I work when everyone else is off work, I am up when everyone is asleep, and I can go errand running while everyone else is at work.

luv
10-20-2005, 01:01 AM
...Same here, although I'm a bit tired right now because of my slightly jumble work schedule, but that is supposed to get ironed out once the boss comes back from vacation. Ooops! I guess ya didn't need my complete history. I voted "ask me in two hours". :D
Yeah. I have my body on a certain schedule. When they have supervisor meeting once a month at 10:30AM, everyone wonders why I don't like it. I look at the day shift assistant and ask her how she'd like getting up and coming in five hours before her shift. She said she wouldn't cuz she'd be asleep. I said, "Well, then you'd know how I feel!" She always says I shouldn't have anything to complain about since I'm single with no kids, and how nice that must be. I hate that even more. She chose to have kids, so she shouldn't complain. And, secondly, I think she's the one who's lucky since she does have kids. Anyway....don't get me started...too late, huh?

greg63
10-20-2005, 01:06 AM
I like being different. I work when everyone else is off work, I am up when everyone is asleep, and I can go errand running while everyone else is at work.

I feel a little differently about second shift simply because I don't get to spend as much time with the family. The wife and kids are off to work/school before I get up and they are asleep before I get home. But when there was an opening for the second shift supervisor position I had to go for it simply because it meant more money with which to support the family.

greg63
10-20-2005, 01:12 AM
Yeah. I have my body on a certain schedule. When they have supervisor meeting once a month at 10:30AM, everyone wonders why I don't like it. I look at the day shift assistant and ask her how she'd like getting up and coming in five hours before her shift. She said she wouldn't cuz she'd be asleep. I said, "Well, then you'd know how I feel!" She always says I shouldn't have anything to complain about since I'm single with no kids, and how nice that must be. I hate that even more. She chose to have kids, so she shouldn't complain. And, secondly, I think she's the one who's lucky since she does have kids. Anyway....don't get me started...too late, huh?Agreed, she shouldn't judge you unless she's walked a mile in your shoes.

As far as her kids go, it is asinine for her to use them as an excuse for being miserable. I think my kids are the best thing I have going.

luv
10-20-2005, 01:32 AM
Agreed, she shouldn't judge you unless she's walked a mile in your shoes.

As far as her kids go, it is asinine for her to use them as an excuse for being miserable. I think my kids are the best thing I have going.
I complain about being there due to sleep, she complains about me complaining, and the third shift whines due to having to stay over three hours before the meeting starts. Can't please everyone all the time. Off to bed I go. 'Night.

greg63
10-20-2005, 02:31 AM
I complain about being there due to sleep, she complains about me complaining, and the third shift whines due to having to stay over three hours before the meeting starts. Can't please everyone all the time. Off to bed I go. 'Night.

Nite luv,

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-20-2005, 03:37 PM
depends on who i wake up next to

Frosty
10-20-2005, 03:42 PM
Not at all. The terrible thing is that the job I've had for the last 10 years requires me to be at work at 5 AM, which means I have to be up at 4:15 to get a quick shower and get to work. :ZZZ:

My all time favorite work shift was from 5:30 PM to 2:30 AM.

keg in kc
10-20-2005, 04:08 PM
No. But I would like to be. I'm trying to be.

Mr. Laz
10-20-2005, 04:18 PM
heck no ... getting up early is not a natural state for human beings.

but you pay the price to pay the bills

keg in kc
10-20-2005, 04:21 PM
It's definitely not a natural state for me. Sleeping from 4am - noon seems about "normal" for me. But I really feel like I'm more focused and productive on those rare occasions where I can maintain the 10 pm - 6 am rhythm for more than 2 days.

Saulbadguy
10-20-2005, 04:24 PM
I hate getting up, but after i've showered and got around, i'm pretty chipper in the morning. The afternoon (2-5 pm) is when I drag ass.

Extra Point
10-20-2005, 04:33 PM
That is the best onomatopoeic (trust me, I've waited f'in 23 years to use this word) for sleeping!:

GazzzZZZzzzGazzzZZZzzzGazzzZZZzzz...

I must be part Transylvanian, because I sure as sh*t don't get up for anything, unless it's for the horn at Bennett Spring, or it must be pretty G-D important!

Hydrae
10-20-2005, 04:38 PM
I have been doing 12 hour shift 11 am - 11 pm for several years now. Me getting up before 11 or 12 on my days off is horrible both for me and those around me. Try to get to sleep by 2 am on work nights, 3 or 4 on days off. Those hours after everyone else has gone to bed are some of the best of the day! :thumb:

RedThat
10-20-2005, 05:25 PM
Nope not a morniing person at all. I worked the afternoon shifts for 5 1/2 years and loved it. Its the best shift in the WORLD! I dont care what ppl tell me.

However, just recently I had to move over to Day shift for personal reasons. I hate it. Im bitter right now and it sucks! Im dying to get back on the afternoon shift! When I get my opportunity, I will go back! Here are my reasons for not enjoying the day shift:

#1. Getting up real early in the morning. Approx 6:00am

#2. Cant sleep at 9:00pm, or even 10:00, 11:00pm. My body likes to sleep at around 1:00am or 2:00am

#3. I average 4-5 hrs sleep daily. Thats atrocious. Body and mind just dont feel right. Cant function well. Cant digest my food properly, cant think clearly. Always tired and dont want to do anything anymore.

#4. Here's a biggie. GETTING STUCK IN TRAFFIC FOR 3HRS! EVERY, SINGLE, DAY! Monday mornings and Friday afternoons are the worst! Everything is rush rush rush go go go. Nobody relaxes, totally opposite of laidback. Trust me, I know their are a lot of you out there that can relate to what Im saying. Getting stuck in traffic and feeling tired at the same time, just wanting to go home but you cant! Thats a REAL PAIN IN THE A**!

#5. All the big bosses roam around, spy on what you do. This translates into working harder, with more aggravation, pressure from up top. On afternoons you have the ability to work at your own pace where nobody bothers you because no big bosses roam around. Its great! Feels like a country club. You have the capability of getting the job done just as good, if not, better. Without all the hassle, and aggravation.

*Day shift is the most overrated shift imo

Afternoon shift>Day shift

Halfcan
10-20-2005, 08:44 PM
I would be if I was waking up next to you-haha

morphius
10-20-2005, 08:52 PM
I hate mornings, if I don't follow my routine in the morning I have no idea what's going on.

|Zach|
10-20-2005, 08:54 PM
Yup

Raiderhater
10-20-2005, 08:59 PM
Absof#ckinglutely not. I LOATHE mornings. I can rarely eat breakfast, even though I may be hungry, the thought of eating just doesn't sit well. And I hate it when people try to talk to me in the morning. Just leave me be and I'll let you know when we can talk.

Fire Me Boy!
10-20-2005, 09:04 PM
I absolutely HATE mornings... unfortunately, I'm the sports editor at an afternoon newspaper, which means I'm usually at work at 6-6:30 a.m. So... I get up WAY earlier than I'd like.

Mr. Kotter
10-20-2005, 09:21 PM
Depends if I'm sad or not. :hmmm:

Mourning is deeply personal.

Rain Man
10-20-2005, 09:32 PM
I'm a morning person, as long as staying up until 3 a.m. classifies as mornings.

Skip Towne
10-20-2005, 09:50 PM
I have the ablity to do either one. I'm amphibious.

greg63
10-20-2005, 11:53 PM
I have the ablity to do either one. I'm amphibious.

Super Skip!!! :D

keg in kc
10-20-2005, 11:54 PM
I hate mornings, if I don't follow my routine in the morning I have no idea what's going on.That's right. Blame it on "not following the routine".

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-21-2005, 12:00 AM
early to rise, late to fall,
sounds nothing like me its more like
late to rise, early to fall

luv
10-21-2005, 12:10 AM
Absof#ckinglutely not. I LOATHE mornings. I can rarely eat breakfast, even though I may be hungry, the thought of eating just doesn't sit well. And I hate it when people try to talk to me in the morning. Just leave me be and I'll let you know when we can talk.
That reminds me of me. There are times when mom calls and decides to play 20 annoying questions with me.

luv
10-21-2005, 12:12 AM
Not at all. The terrible thing is that the job I've had for the last 10 years requires me to be at work at 5 AM, which means I have to be up at 4:15 to get a quick shower and get to work. :ZZZ:

My all time favorite work shift was from 5:30 PM to 2:30 AM.
I work from 3:30pm to 12:30am, and I love it!

greg63
10-21-2005, 12:17 AM
That reminds me of me. There are times when mom calls and decides to play 20 annoying questions with me.

I hate that. I'll just get to sleep and the phone rings and it's a telemarketer or someone, and the all say the same thing: "Oh, did I wake you up?" :banghead:

Rausch
10-21-2005, 12:31 AM
I'm up earlier than most of you ****ers anyway...

luv
10-21-2005, 12:32 AM
I'm up earlier than most of you ****ers anyway...
You sleep?

Rausch
10-21-2005, 12:36 AM
You sleep?

I did last weekend...

luv
10-21-2005, 12:39 AM
I hear I picked up a couple hours, too.
With each other? No, of course not. They would have had pictures of that.

Rausch
10-21-2005, 12:46 AM
With each other? No, of course not. They would have had pictures of that.

I think we were passed out at the same time.

Well, one of the times he was passed out I was too...

luv
10-21-2005, 12:48 AM
I think we were passed out at the same time.

Well, one of the times he was passed out I was too...
Well, damn! Two of you passed out, and no one thought to put you guys in compromising positions to take pictures? Just how lame was this party? :p

Rausch
10-21-2005, 12:57 AM
Well, damn! Two of you passed out, and no one thought to put you guys in compromising positions to take pictures?

Jamie did.

But then everyone reminded him no matter who he did it to we'd both kick his azz for it...

luv
10-21-2005, 12:59 AM
Jamie did.

But then everyone reminded him no matter who he did it to we'd both kick his azz for it...
I would have done it anyway. You can both kiss...err...I mean kick my ass! :p

Rausch
10-21-2005, 01:03 AM
I would have done it anyway. You can both kiss...err...I mean kick my ass! :p

Not my kind of 3-some... :shake:

luv
10-21-2005, 01:08 AM
Not my kind of 3-some... :shake:
Curse, you! Putting thoughts like that in my head so close to me going to bed! :cuss:

:hmmm: I dunno if that's good or bad.

HolmeZz
10-21-2005, 01:11 AM
I must be tired. I thought this thread was 'Are You A Missing Person?'.

luv
10-21-2005, 01:12 AM
I must be tired. I thought this thread was 'Are You A Missing Person?'.
Nope, I know exactly where I'm at. :)

Miles
10-21-2005, 01:13 AM
Not going to be a morning person when i wake up tomorrow.

luv
10-21-2005, 01:15 AM
Not going to be a morning person when i wake up tomorrow.
But it's FRIDAY!!!! I'm going to go see about that jersey, and also see if I can find a better costume for Halloween. So far, I'm dressing up in last year's costume. Morning will be about 10AM for me tomorrow.

Miles
10-21-2005, 01:25 AM
But it's FRIDAY!!!! I'm going to go see about that jersey, and also see if I can find a better costume for Halloween. So far, I'm dressing up in last year's costume. Morning will be about 10AM for me tomorrow.

Yeah i know its friday, but I have a lot of shit to do tomorrow when I wake up. Fridays are usually my busiest days but after about 5:30 I'm home free for the weekend.

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-21-2005, 01:48 AM
friday, the last day of the week for me to get my shit done

KCChiefsMan
10-21-2005, 02:31 AM
I'm not a morning person, I have tried to be but its impossible for me. I usually go to bed at 11pm-12am during the weekdays since I work 8-5 M-F. But most nights I will either fall asleep fast and wake up around 2 or 3 and never go back to sleep, but just toss and turn for the rest of the night or I will not fall asleep at all. for the past few months I have not needed an alarm clock to get up in the morning but maybe just a handful of times because if I do end up sleeping I sleep from 1am-3am and toss and turn and look at the alarm clock for the rest of the night, so when its time to get up I'm already awake.

I'm going to the DR next week and I'm going to get a prescription for Lunessta or Ambien because I'm close to suicide here. The most sleep I've gotten in a night for the past few months was about 5 hours and that was on one occasion.

seriously, I'm not gonna kill myself, but never being able to sleep really really sucks and I refuse to take naps because I have tried so hard to get on a schedule of sleep but its impossible for me, even if I get drunk I cant sleep. I hope some prescription pills will help, otherwise I'm about to by a sleep number bed and that will cost about $5,000 but I think it would help and it would be worth it

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-21-2005, 02:41 AM
sleep number beds suck the big one, i had to do a sleep study and they had one of those beds, worst night of sleep in my life

course all the wires and sh*t glued to my head might not have helped

KCChiefsMan
10-21-2005, 02:56 AM
sleep number beds suck the big one, i had to do a sleep study and they had one of those beds, worst night of sleep in my life

course all the wires and sh*t glued to my head might not have helped

maybe I should go with the tempurpedic bed then, I think they all have a trial period where you can return it. right now I'm willing to spend up to 5-7K for a bed I could sleep on. Honestly, I'm going to try Lunesta first before I buy an expensive bed, if this sleeping drug works well and isn't very addictive and can help me get on a regular sleep cycle I'll be happy with that, otherwise I'm willing to buy one of these expensive beds because I'm tired of tossing and turning every single night for hours and hours and going to work tired

HemiEd
10-21-2005, 03:02 AM
ROFL Well it is 4 in the morning and I just go my coffee.

Miles
10-21-2005, 03:04 AM
ROFL Well it is 4 in the morning and I just go my coffee.

Im going to need some in a bit. Coffee when i wake up is so great. A good dark cup of coffee is almost as enjoyably as beer.

Otter
10-21-2005, 03:07 AM
I'm a morning person only because I have to be a morning person. If I didn't have to work for a living I'd wake up around 10am and go to bet around midnight.

Never been a morning person and never will be.

HemiEd
10-21-2005, 03:13 AM
Im going to need some in a bit. Coffee when i wake up is so great. A good dark cup of coffee is almost as enjoyably as beer.

Yep, my body is conditioned to it. End the day with alcohol and start it with coffee. :D

HemiEd
10-21-2005, 03:20 AM
I'm a morning person only because I have to be a morning person. If I didn't have to work for a living I'd wake up around 10am and go to bet around midnight.

Never been a morning person and never will be.

I wish I could sleep that late, if the sun is up I can not sleep.

Miles
10-21-2005, 03:23 AM
Yep, my body is conditioned to it. End the day with alcohol and start it with coffee. :D

Yep same here. I also drink a lot of water during the morning/day to go with my coffee.

HemiEd
10-21-2005, 03:33 AM
Yep same here. I also drink a lot of water during the morning/day to go with my coffee.

That is very healthy they say, I drink a lot of it before I hit the sack to prevent a hangover.

luv
10-21-2005, 08:36 AM
I'm not a morning person, I have tried to be but its impossible for me. I usually go to bed at 11pm-12am during the weekdays since I work 8-5 M-F. But most nights I will either fall asleep fast and wake up around 2 or 3 and never go back to sleep, but just toss and turn for the rest of the night or I will not fall asleep at all. for the past few months I have not needed an alarm clock to get up in the morning but maybe just a handful of times because if I do end up sleeping I sleep from 1am-3am and toss and turn and look at the alarm clock for the rest of the night, so when its time to get up I'm already awake.

I'm going to the DR next week and I'm going to get a prescription for Lunessta or Ambien because I'm close to suicide here. The most sleep I've gotten in a night for the past few months was about 5 hours and that was on one occasion.

seriously, I'm not gonna kill myself, but never being able to sleep really really sucks and I refuse to take naps because I have tried so hard to get on a schedule of sleep but its impossible for me, even if I get drunk I cant sleep. I hope some prescription pills will help, otherwise I'm about to by a sleep number bed and that will cost about $5,000 but I think it would help and it would be worth it
I always seem to wake up after about 4-5 hours of sleep after I've been drunk. Then I'm drowsy and dragging the whole next day.

Please don't kill yourself.

luv
10-21-2005, 08:37 AM
I can as long as I'm already asleep before the sun comes up.

HemiEd
10-21-2005, 08:42 AM
I can as long as I'm already asleep before the sun comes up.

I have developed this stupid internal clock, I would like to stomp on it.

Radar Chief
10-21-2005, 08:43 AM

I’m the same way. Doesn’t really matter how late I stay up either, soon as the sun shines in my bedroom window, I’m awake.
I’ve always blamed the Army for that, when my alarm clock would go off at 5:30 in the morning my feet hit the floor run’n and didn’t stop ‘till ‘bout 6:00, er uh 1800 hours. ;)

HemiEd
10-21-2005, 09:16 AM
I’m the same way. Doesn’t really matter how late I stay up either, soon as the sun shines in my bedroom window, I’m awake.
I’ve always blamed the Army for that, when my alarm clock would go off at 5:30 in the morning my feet hit the floor run’n and didn’t stop ‘till ‘bout 6:00, er uh 1800 hours. ;)

ROFL the funny thing for me is that I have the sun entirely blocked in my bedroom. But I know it is out there. :banghead:

luv
10-21-2005, 09:21 AM
ROFL the funny thing for me is that I have the sun entirely blocked in my bedroom. But I know it is out there. :banghead:
Set the clock in your room back about three hours. Maybe you can fool yourself into thinking it's still too early for the sun to be up and fall back to sleep.

morphius
10-21-2005, 09:29 AM

Just as a note, if you can get a doctor to write you a prescription for one you can write those beds off, assuming you meet the other requirements to write off medical expenses.

Cntrygal
10-21-2005, 10:38 AM
I have developed this stupid internal clock, I would like to stomp on it.

Me too!!!!

My alarm goes off at 0445. :( So days like today where I didn't have to go in to work today.... AND I stayed out LATE last night (had a few drinks - didn't get to bed until after 2). I woke up at 0630.

WTF! :cuss:

I managed to go back to sleep for about an hour. How pathetic.

Inspector
10-21-2005, 11:14 AM
Daily routine;

Up at 3:30 am.
Drink green tea, watch news, read until about 4:45 am. (have never tasted coffee)

Do my exercises until 5:30 am. Eat bowl of oatmeal, take shower and arrive at work at 6:30 am.

I spend the morning whistling and I can actually feel the spring in my step.

I worked off tours for many years, but I can tell it did not work well with my own body cycles. I've read some scary stuff about staying up all night and sleeping during the day. It's can be bad for your blood pressure and other health issues.

The key is to eat properly, exercise properly and get enough sleep (means going to bed a little earlier for me).

We keep our grandkids until about 7 pm each night so I have no problem getting to bed by 9:30 and getting 6 hours of good sleep. I always fall asleep within about a minute of hitting the pillow.

But that's just me....

Inspector
10-21-2005, 11:21 AM
maybe I should go with the tempurpedic bed then, I think they all have a trial period where you can return it. right now I'm willing to spend up to 5-7K for a bed I could sleep on. Honestly, I'm going to try Lunesta first before I buy an expensive bed, if this sleeping drug works well and isn't very addictive and can help me get on a regular sleep cycle I'll be happy with that, otherwise I'm willing to buy one of these expensive beds because I'm tired of tossing and turning every single night for hours and hours and going to work tired

We have a sleep number bed in our room and a Temperpedic bed in the guest room. Both seem good to me.
Don't take drugs or alchohol for sleep issues. That might make it worse. Your cells do not reconstruct properly - which is the purpose of sleep.

You might try taking melatonin (a naturelly occurring hormone in your body) supplement to see if that helps.

keg in kc
10-21-2005, 12:38 PM
I feel pretty good this "morning". Worked until 4 am. Slept until 1 pm.

*stretch*

luv
10-21-2005, 01:15 PM
I feel pretty good this "morning". Worked until 4 am. Slept until 1 pm.

*stretch*
9 hours?!? Lazy ass! :p

keg in kc
10-21-2005, 01:53 PM
I needed it. Today's the first time I've felt good in over a week. 12-hour work days with no days off and 4-6 hours of sleep a night for a month finally caught up with me.

luv
05-12-2006, 12:00 AM
I have to get up at 9 in the morning. I hate mornings. Just thought I'd ressurect this thread in order to gripe and moan. I wonder how many hits of the snooze it will take for me to actually get up?

teedubya
05-12-2006, 12:07 AM
Daily routine;

Up at 3:30 am.
Drink green tea, watch news, read until about 4:45 am. (have never tasted coffee)

Do my exercises until 5:30 am. Eat bowl of oatmeal, take shower and arrive at work at 6:30 am.

I spend the morning whistling and I can actually feel the spring in my step.

I worked off tours for many years, but I can tell it did not work well with my own body cycles. I've read some scary stuff about staying up all night and sleeping during the day. It's can be bad for your blood pressure and other health issues.

The key is to eat properly, exercise properly and get enough sleep (means going to bed a little earlier for me).

We keep our grandkids until about 7 pm each night so I have no problem getting to bed by 9:30 and getting 6 hours of good sleep. I always fall asleep within about a minute of hitting the pillow.

But that's just me....

I think you are my new hero. But that's just me...

Rausch
05-12-2006, 12:10 AM
If by morning person you mean I've got bloodshot eyes at 5 AM ready to beat my alarm clock into submission with the broom, then yeah...

Sure-Oz
05-12-2006, 12:11 AM
never will be a morning person, ever!

Otter
05-12-2006, 12:13 AM
I'm not a morning person in any sense of the word. If I didn't have to work my sleep schedule would be from about 2am to 11am.

I read an article a while ago (can’t vouch for its validity) that your sleep pattern is largely determined at the time of the day you were born.

For instance if you first seen light at 1am you’re bound to be a night person as opposed to someone who was born at say 8am. Could be total BS but interesting none the less.

luv
05-12-2006, 12:14 AM
I'm not a morning person in any sense of the word. If I didn't have to work my sleep schedule would be from about 2am to 11am.

I read an article a while ago (can’t vouch for its validity) that your sleep pattern is largely determined at the time of the day you were born.

For instance if you first seen light at 1am you’re bound to be a night person as opposed to someone who was born at say 8am. Could be total BS but interesting none the less.
I was born at 9:53PM. I usually sleep from 3-11AM.

Halfcan
05-12-2006, 12:27 AM
I was born at 9:53PM. I usually sleep from 3-11AM.

That is pretty much my sleep schedule.

So what is your sleep Number baby?

Mine is 6.... oh nevermind.

luv
05-12-2006, 12:39 AM
That is pretty much my sleep schedule.

So what is your sleep Number baby?

Mine is 6.... oh nevermind.
I don't know. I don't have a sleep number bed.

o:-)

Rausch
05-12-2006, 12:56 AM

4:30 AM.

Go figure...

Hydrae
05-12-2006, 01:00 AM

I was born at 10:00 am. But I work 11am-11pm so my sleep is usually 2am-9am. Then I sleep in until noon on my days off! :)

Dunit35
05-12-2006, 01:04 AM
Sometimes I am a morning person...sometimes I'm not. I would say if I got good sleep on a Tuesday night and got bad sleep on a wednesday night I would be a morning person that thursday morning. But two bad nights of sleep would make me a non morning person.

luv
05-12-2006, 01:06 AM
Sometimes I am a morning person...sometimes I'm not. I would say if I got good sleep on a Tuesday night and got bad sleep on a wednesday night I would be a morning person that thursday morning. But two bad nights of sleep would make me a non morning person.
Where have you been? In a coma with finals?

Rausch
05-12-2006, 01:08 AM
I was born at 10:00 am. But I work 11am-11pm so my sleep is usually 2am-9am. Then I sleep in until noon on my days off! :)

I'm the one pissing on your bushes...

Dunit35
05-12-2006, 01:09 AM
Where have you been? In a coma with finals?

I was wondering if anyone would ever notice that I'm not on very much anymore.

No, I got done with finals a week before everyone else. I am at home now and back to working 40 hours. I am also playing softball in a few weeks for most of summer. So, I won't be on very much anymore. I get on here everyday, I just don't post very much anymore.

luv
05-12-2006, 01:10 AM
I was wondering if anyone would ever notice that I'm not on very much anymore.

No, I got done with finals a week before everyone else. I am at home now and back to working 40 hours. I am also playing softball in a few weeks for most of summer. So, I won't be on very much anymore. I get on here everyday, I just don't post very much anymore.
Well, I asked you that on another thread about a week ago, but you disappeared. Just as long as you check in everyonce in a while....

Dunit35
05-12-2006, 01:13 AM
Well, I asked you that on another thread about a week ago, but you disappeared. Just as long as you check in everyonce in a while....

Yeah, if I get on during the day it's only for a few minutes just to see if there is anything going on. I wasn't even going to get on tonight but decided I wasn't ready to go to bed yet (don't have to work until 9:30 a.m).

I'll probably be on at night a few times a week. Just so you know I didn't die.

Demonpenz
05-12-2006, 01:15 AM
that was an actually a good poll

Hydrae
05-12-2006, 01:17 AM
I'm the one pissing on your bushes...

Thanks, they needed watered

Rausch
05-12-2006, 01:18 AM
Thanks, they needed watered

Thank you, that's the nicest thing anyone's said to me in years.

Sweetie... :)

Miles
05-12-2006, 01:32 AM
Im actually not that bad with mornings once I get used to it but I always want to kill those f*cking happy, loud ass morning types. Please lower your volume its early.

plbrdude
05-12-2006, 06:27 AM
i wouldn't say i love getting up in the morning, but i don't wake up in a bad mood. i would think most people should be glad they're waking up. think of the alternative

Inspector
05-12-2006, 06:33 AM
I'm ususally in bed anytime between 8 pm to 9:30 pm. I'm up every day between 3:30am to 4 am. I usually get to my office before 6 am and I usually get home anywhere between 4pm to 6pm.

Same routine every day. I spend morning time to read, meditate, do my workout, drink green tea and eat breakfast. And poop.

I rarely use an alarm clock. Just get up when I wake up. Feels ok to me, so I guess I must be a morning person.

Bob Dole
05-12-2006, 06:34 AM
**** off.

JBucc
05-12-2006, 06:45 AM
Sure. I love me a big breakfast to start off the day, although I hate cooking for other people.

luv
05-12-2006, 06:50 AM
UGH! I woke up about 30 minutes after having a really weird dream. I so badly want to go back to sleep for the next hour, but I think I'm up for the day.

chagrin
05-12-2006, 06:50 AM

I guess your not a morning person are you, John Cocktosen?

(referencing Fletch, from which assface came)

chagrin
05-12-2006, 06:51 AM
**** off.

Preach on brother, I hate mornings

JBucc
05-12-2006, 06:52 AM
I also go to bed kind of early. I'm like an old person.

kindra68
05-12-2006, 06:57 AM
If I'm awake before 6:30am I had better be pissing or ****ing.

MOhillbilly
05-12-2006, 07:03 AM
get up between 5:30 & 6:00. Critters need feeding.

Duck Dog
05-12-2006, 07:43 AM
I get out of bed every morning for three reasons;

1. I have to pee
2. I have to poop.
3. I have a raging hard on.

If just one of these things is missing, I could sleep to noon.

BucEyedPea
05-12-2006, 07:53 AM
Not at all. I get tired after dinner...rest...then around 11 PM I'm just wide awake. I love being up between midnight and 2 AM.

I'm NEVER able to function until after 10AM and can't eat until then even if I HAVE to get up earlier.

cdcox
05-12-2006, 08:45 AM
Not really a morning person. My work schedule has some flexibility to it so I normally don't get in till 9:00.

Even when I'm up in the morning on a Sat or Sun morning, I'd rather sit, drink coffee, and relax than get into anything too serious at that time of day.

greg63
05-12-2006, 09:37 PM
UGH! I woke up about 30 minutes after having a really weird dream. I so badly want to go back to sleep for the next hour, but I think I'm up for the day.

So don't leave us hangin; what was the dream about luv???

Moooo
05-12-2006, 09:42 PM
At my old work, I used to work 8-6, and everyone there would make fun of me and tell me if you asked me a question at 8 you'd get an answer at noon.

Mornings hurt. I don't know about other people, but if I have to wake up in the morning, for the first few hours I feel like I've been up all night partying, whether I've slept 4 hours or 10.

When I have it my way, I'll drift awake at around 10AM, realize the sun is still on the wrong side of the earth, and drift back asleep for a couple more hours.

Moooo