PDA

View Full Version : NFL Sunday Ticket

Reerun_KC
10-20-2005, 11:52 AM
I called Direct TV agian and they said this time that they will honor the game and broadcast on the scheduled Channel....

They better not be hosing me right now!

Raiderhater
10-20-2005, 11:54 AM
As in broadcast it live, or show it at its originally scheduled time on Sunday?

Reerun_KC
10-20-2005, 11:56 AM
As in a live broadcast of Friday night.

Dunit35
10-20-2005, 11:57 AM

Sweetness...I hope they do...I know someone that has it.

Raiderhater
10-20-2005, 12:01 PM

I hope so. If I drive all the way into town anf get to the sports bar and it isn't showing, I'm going to be pissed.

Nzoner
10-20-2005, 12:04 PM
I hope so. If I drive all the way into town anf get to the sports bar and it isn't showing, I'm going to be pissed.

I'm on hold with them right now,I'm supposed to have people coming over for the game and since I don't get local programming I need to know.

Will give a head's up if I find out more.

Reerun_KC
10-20-2005, 12:05 PM
I am Calling them back...

Dunit35
10-20-2005, 12:06 PM
Hurry guys, gotta go to class in 10 minutes

KChiefsQT
10-20-2005, 12:06 PM

I'm on the phone with Direct TV... They said the game will be televised nationally as it would have been on Sunday Ticket.... she put me on hold to give me the channel number which it will be playing on.

Dunit35
10-20-2005, 12:08 PM
I'm on the phone with Direct TV... They said the game will be televised nationally as it would have been on Sunday Ticket.... she put me on hold to give me the channel number which it will be playing on.

So is it going to be showed tomorrow night live on Direct TV?

KChiefsQT
10-20-2005, 12:09 PM
Okay here's the deal. This woman said she is 100% positive that it will be shown on CBS tomorrow night ONLY IN KC AND MIA. And that they will broadcast it Sunday at it's regular scheduled time of 1 o'clock on NFL Sunday Ticket.

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :banghead: :banghead:

Nzoner
10-20-2005, 12:10 PM

Heh,their toll free number is taking a hit today,I'm still on hold as well but you've gotten further than I have.

Dunit35
10-20-2005, 12:11 PM
Okay here's the deal. This woman said she is 100% positive that it will be shown on CBS tomorrow night ONLY IN KC AND MIA. And that they will broadcast it Sunday at it's regular scheduled time of 1 o'clock on NFL Sunday Ticket.

There goes my weekend. :cuss: :deevee:

KChiefsQT
10-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Heh,their toll free number is taking a hit today,I'm still on hold as well but you've gotten further than I have.

It's cause I called the technical difficulties number. They get you in faster... as you just press zero to talk to a representative.

mac58
10-20-2005, 12:12 PM
just got off the phone and they said no live broadcast only replay on sun

KChiefsQT
10-20-2005, 12:13 PM
There goes my weekend. :cuss: :deevee:

In a way.... however I am going to turn off my T.V. and computer tomorrow and not read the newspapers and not listen to the Radio. I might have to pitch a tent and go in the backyard to pretend I'm camping with no means of getting the score to the game.... so by the time Sunday comes around my weekend will be normal as usual. :)

Nzoner
10-20-2005, 12:14 PM

Yep,this is confirmed,I just got the same thing told to me,thankfully I'm in the local feed area so I'll either be going to a sportsbar or a friend's place.

KChiefsQT
10-20-2005, 12:14 PM
In a way.... however I am going to turn off my T.V. and computer tomorrow and not read the newspapers and not listen to the Radio. I might have to pitch a tent.... go in the backyard... fix me a fire with some fixins for 'smores and cold beer and pretend I'm camping with no means of getting the score to the game.... so by the time Sunday comes around my weekend will be normal as usual. :)

KChiefsQT
10-20-2005, 12:17 PM
Yep,this is confirmed,I just got the same thing told to me,thankfully I'm in the local feed area so I'll either be going to a sportsbar or a friend's place.

ARGGHHHH Hd to rub that one it did you?

Raiderhater
10-20-2005, 12:18 PM
Goddamnit! A f#cking replay on Sunday? That blows major balls.

Reerun_KC
10-20-2005, 12:19 PM
Okay I just got off the phone with them and they said they are showing it live tomorrow night and we will be fine and will be able to watch the game...

Raiderhater
10-20-2005, 12:20 PM
I'd like to take a moment and tell the NFL just how f#cked up they are. This was a shitty decision all around.

WTF were they thinking?

HemiEd
10-20-2005, 12:21 PM
just got off the phone and they said no live broadcast only replay on sun

Dammit Skip! :cuss:

KChiefsQT
10-20-2005, 12:22 PM
Okay I just got off the phone with them and they said they are showing it live tomorrow night and we will be fine and will be able to watch the game...

If you live locally... yes.
Not for the out-of-state fans. Unless u reside in the shit-slumps of Florida.... and ChiefsKing is from there... so i don't care if they get to watch it or not.

Raiderhater
10-20-2005, 12:24 PM

:spock: Who to believe.......

Frosty
10-20-2005, 12:24 PM
If you live locally... yes.

Which is brilliant, since you can get it over the air there. I know - HD an' all but why not show it everywhere?

Reerun_KC
10-20-2005, 12:25 PM
I am in Louisania and she said I would get the game on my NFL Sunday Ticket.

HarryParatestes
10-20-2005, 12:27 PM
Dumbasses.... how are they going to sell advertising time for an event that everyone already knows the outcome?

Fuggin herrreecanes

DaKCMan AP
10-20-2005, 12:27 PM
Unless u reside in the shit-slumps of Florida....

nlm

KChiefsQT
10-20-2005, 12:29 PM
"Things are still being worked out. We are going to do everything we can do make sure this game is televised nationally tomorrow night and no decidions have been made thus far."
-Matt Hill NFL PR dept.
Call Him yourself. He's a cool guy... Right before we hung up I said "Go Chiefssss" he started cracking up.

Nzoner
10-20-2005, 12:30 PM
I am in Louisania and she said I would get the game on my NFL Sunday Ticket.

Listen to me carefully,you will get the game on Sunday ticket on SUNDAY channel 706,not live tomorrow night.

Nzoner
10-20-2005, 12:32 PM
"Things are still being worked out. We are going to do everything we can do make sure this game is televised nationally tomorrow night and no decidions have been made thus far."
-Matt Hill NFL PR dept.
Call Him yourself. He's a cool guy... Right before we hung up I said "Go Chiefssss" he started cracking up.

Damn girl,if you ever move to Missouri and need a job in sales keep me in mind.

Good work.

Reerun_KC
10-20-2005, 12:33 PM
I guess I am a Tool Bag...

Very dissappointed in Direct TV Sorry forgetting peoples hopes up.

KChiefsQT
10-20-2005, 12:42 PM
Damn girl,if you ever move to Missouri and need a job in sales keep me in mind.

Good work.

Okay when do I start? I'm sick of how expensive shit is here!!

Nzoner
10-20-2005, 12:50 PM
Okay when do I start? I'm sick of how expensive shit is here!!

Whenever you want.

KChiefsQT
10-20-2005, 12:52 PM
Whenever you want.

Whats the pay like... and can I live in your gameroom??? hahahah :p

Saulbadguy
10-20-2005, 12:52 PM
If the game doesn't get broadcasted on Friday night, just wait until Sunday to watch it. Don't read the paper, don't listen to the news, don't log on to chiefsplanet. Show some restraint! :)

alanm
10-20-2005, 12:54 PM
:spock: Who to believe.......
I'd keep my ears and eyes tuned to the NFL channel. and NFL.com. Seems to me they'd have the info before anyone else. :hmmm:

Frosty
10-20-2005, 12:54 PM
If the game doesn't get broadcasted on Friday night, just wait until Sunday to watch it. Don't read the paper, don't listen to the news, don't log on to chiefsplanet. Show some restraint! :)

Don't watch any college football with the ticker constantly running...

ROYC75
10-20-2005, 12:57 PM
No game for me, DTV said so. They gave me a $ 20.00 credit for 6 months because I was oissed off and threatened to drop them.

Local markets only........

Nzoner
10-20-2005, 12:58 PM
Whats the pay like... and can I live in your gameroom??? hahahah :p

I'm sure we could negotiate something.

Speaking of business,I'm out for a bit,duty calls.

Chief Henry
10-20-2005, 01:56 PM
Direct TV customer service named Lynn just told me that I will get the game live Friday night. She read back my zip code in Southern Iowa and she assured me that it will be on NATIONALLY. She said they've been getting bombarded with lots of inquiries about this game. I question'd her like mad and she reassured me the game was going to be live on Friday night NATIONALLY.....sweet

KChiefs1
10-20-2005, 02:01 PM
Direct TV customer service named Lynn just told me that I will get the game live Friday night. She read back my zip code in Southern Iowa and she assured me that it will be on NATIONALLY.

She can tell you if you are getting the game by giving her your zip code? What's the phone number?

runnercyclist
10-20-2005, 02:08 PM
Just hung up too. They really don't know aything yet. I say keep calling. Anybody got the numbers to the NFL offices?

runnercyclist
10-20-2005, 02:09 PM
What about the number to the Chiefs offices?

Chief Henry
10-20-2005, 02:18 PM
She can tell you if you are getting the game by giving her your zip code? What's the phone number?

I'm calling them back. I guess I'm doing my own survey. The lady i'm on with now named Alexis, is telling me a different story. But the first lady I spoke with Lynn also put me on hold TWICE too. Now Alexis has put me on hold TWICE too. I'm on hold as i type this................................................................................................ ..................................................ah, here we go.

ALexis tells me something different than Lynn. Go fricken figure.

Skip god dammit.

chiefsfaninNC
10-20-2005, 02:21 PM
This bites big time. What the he** was the NFL thinking? Directtv better show this game live!!!

runnercyclist
10-20-2005, 02:27 PM
-Matt Hill NFL PR dept.

What is his number? I'll call him. We all should.

Calcountry
10-20-2005, 03:15 PM
No game for me, DTV said so. They gave me a $ 20.00 credit for 6 months because I was oissed off and threatened to drop them.

Local markets only........I will be happy with free superfan for the rest of the year.

Calcountry
10-20-2005, 03:18 PM
I am on hold with DTV right now.

Calcountry
10-20-2005, 03:26 PM
Direct TV customer service named Lynn just told me that I will get the game live Friday night. She read back my zip code in Southern Iowa and she assured me that it will be on NATIONALLY. She said they've been getting bombarded with lots of inquiries about this game. I question'd her like mad and she reassured me the game was going to be live on Friday night NATIONALLY.....sweetThey just told me, no game. But put me on hold to check something.

Calcountry
10-20-2005, 03:32 PM
Score. I threatened to cancel without the Chiefs. The Chiefs and the Chiefs alone is why I have the thing. The contract is between you and the NFL, that is not my problem.

Free Superfan for the rest of the year to keep me from quiting.

Get on em people. The NFL fuggin blows as well, after this year, I seriously will rethink how much of my time and money they get from me. Not that they give ashit, obviously.