PDA

View Full Version : DirectTV is paying for this!

jspchief
10-20-2005, 03:46 PM
I just got off the phone with DirectTV, and they will be crediting me $5 a month for the next 6 months.

It may not be much, but if enough people hit them in their pocketbooks, maybe they will get off their ass and plan ahead for these types of situations. It's ridiculous that no one had the foresight to predict this would happen.

I told them that I was sold a service that was supposed to provide me with all NFL games that were not broadcast locally. Regardless of the circumstances, I was not receiving this service. Had I known that meant I might get tape delayed games instead of live, I never would have bought the service, and they misrepresented what I was purchasing.

I doubt everyone will be able to pull it off. It took a combination of patience, persistence, and probably getting the right idiot on the phone. All the same, give it a shot, it may save you $30.

Mile High Mania
10-20-2005, 03:58 PM
I'll bet there's something in the terms and conditions of whatever you signed about acts of god, forces of nature, etc. I don't have DTV, but there is a contract for the service, right?

dirk digler
10-20-2005, 04:04 PM
From what I understand the NFL can't broadcast NFL games on Friday or Saturday or if they do they will violate the anti-trust law that was passed a long time ago.

HemiEd
10-20-2005, 04:04 PM
I'll bet there's something in the terms and conditions of whatever you signed about acts of god, forces of nature, etc. I don't have DTV, but there is a contract for the service, right?

Rule #1, customer is always right! (providing you can get the right idiot on the phone)

jspchief
10-20-2005, 04:05 PM
I'll bet there's something in the terms and conditions of whatever you signed about acts of god, forces of nature, etc. I don't have DTV, but there is a contract for the service, right?I signed up over the phone. I never signed a contract, nor did DTV read me terms or conditons. Basically, they told me I would be getting X for me money, and now I'm not getting it.

If you're asking if I have legal ground to stand on, I don't know and wouldn't be suprised if that answer was no. That doesn't keep me from being a royal pain in their ass, getting a few bucks back, and making them think about how to handle the scenario next time.

StcChief
10-20-2005, 04:53 PM
good for you. Telling my buddy with Sunday ticket.
Tell everybody you know to try it Chiefs fan or not F'em.

KChiefsQT
10-20-2005, 04:56 PM
heh. you got 5 bucks a month back?? I got credited 20/month for six months as did someone else who posted earlier. heh heh heh

runnercyclist
10-20-2005, 05:10 PM
I got $15.

I feel soo much better. Not!