PDA

View Full Version : Per Directv customer service..CBS will carry game Live to all cities

Big Chief Homer
10-20-2005, 04:18 PM
Sorry if repost and I know there are a hundred threads on this already,but

I was looking on the Sunday ticket info page and noticed the chiefs game had been removed from the line-up.so i called and spoke to a manager.He originaly said the games would be shown only in KC and Miami areas as reported.

When I questioned him about the game being removed from the line-up(it had been there 1/2 hour prior)he asked me to read off the line-up for him.Then asked me to hold.

15 mins. later he comes back on and apologizes saying the game will be shown on ALL CBS locals.I live in pa and I will be getting it.Said they had just made the changes minutes before.

Just a heads up.

BCH

Big Chief Homer
10-20-2005, 04:19 PM
Its not listed on the guide yet.

KChiefsQT
10-20-2005, 04:21 PM
I hope this is true. But I don't think ANYONE knows what the fugg is going on anymore.

Skip Towne
10-20-2005, 04:22 PM
Directv is an unmitigated prevaricator. Could this possibly be true?

recxjake
10-20-2005, 04:22 PM
15 mins. later he comes back on and apologizes saying the game will be shown on ALL CBS locals.I live in pa and I will be getting it.Said they had just made the changes minutes before

what does all cbs locals mean?? the main cbs channel on dtv?

Big Chief Homer
10-20-2005, 04:23 PM
I just got off the phone with them,mins ago.

About a 1/2 hour ago it was listed on channel 706.They took it off ,the cowboys -cards are listed now.

Big Chief Homer
10-20-2005, 04:25 PM
15 mins. later he comes back on and apologizes saying the game will be shown on ALL CBS locals.I live in pa and I will be getting it.Said they had just made the changes minutes before

what does all cbs locals mean?? the main cbs channel on dtv?

when he came on he said "it will be on your local CBS",I said "I dont live in KC or Miami "and he said "I know it will be shown on all local CBS channels.I assume that would mean CBS in general.

tk13
10-20-2005, 04:27 PM
when he came on he said "it will be on your local CBS",I said "I dont live in KC or Miami "and he said "I know it will be shown on all local CBS channels.I assume that would mean CBS in general.
I highly doubt that.

recxjake
10-20-2005, 04:29 PM
man i duno, it sounds like like just miami and kc areas will get it, i checked the cbs schedule on dtv and it didnt have the chiefs game

Skip Towne
10-20-2005, 04:30 PM
I highly doubt that.
It's called "Telling them what they want to hear"

morphius
10-20-2005, 04:31 PM
Yeah, they are probably going to show it on Sunday on all CBS channels so you are all (insert iowanian like phrase here)

runnercyclist
10-20-2005, 04:32 PM
"15 mins. later he comes back on and apologizes saying the game will be shown on ALL CBS locals.I live in pa and I will be getting it.Said they had just made the changes minutes before"

Wanna bet?

Big Chief Homer
10-20-2005, 04:38 PM
Just called them back and got 50 different answers from 4 different people.....so god only knows.

Sorry to get anyones hopes up.

Nuthooks to me!!!!!

recxjake
10-20-2005, 04:39 PM
whats the number

Big Chief Homer
10-20-2005, 04:41 PM
whats the number

1-800-direct-tv

1-800-347-3288

frankton
10-20-2005, 04:41 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/cbssports

Lists KC-Miami at 1:00 eastern on Friday.

Skip Towne
10-20-2005, 04:42 PM
Just called them back and got 50 different answers from 4 different people.....so god only knows.

Sorry to get anyones hopes up.

Nuthooks to me!!!!!
See what I said in post #4.

KChiefsQT
10-20-2005, 04:43 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/cbssports

Lists KC-Miami at 1:00 eastern on Friday.

I'm lost :(

Oregon chief
10-20-2005, 04:46 PM
check the cbs website, see what they say.

4th and Long
10-20-2005, 04:47 PM
I'd invite you all over to my place to watch the game but ... none of you know my address.

Katipan
Fri., Oct. 21st
NFL
Kansas City @ Miami 1-4 p.m.

I'll take watching the game semi-alone over not watching the game at all.

Rain Man
The chaos, the chaos. This must be what it would be like after a nuclear attack.

tk13
10-20-2005, 04:51 PM
The chaos, the chaos. This must be what it would be like after a nuclear attack.
ROFL No kidding. Now I know what Bill Pullman felt like in Independence Day.

|Zach|
10-20-2005, 04:51 PM
Nuthooks to me!!!!!
Ok, thats new. ROFL

RINGLEADER
10-20-2005, 04:52 PM

I'm sure he meant local channels as in Kansas City-local and Miami-local.

Big Chief Homer
10-20-2005, 04:53 PM

someone call FEMA!!!!!!!!!......oh wait..........forget it

RINGLEADER
10-20-2005, 04:53 PM

No doubt. We should call FEMA and see if they can give us a straight answ...er, ok...nevermind...

Hammock Parties
10-20-2005, 05:52 PM
ROFL No kidding. Now I know what Bill Pullman felt like in Independence Day.

Good morning. In less than a day, fans from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest football battle in this history of the NFL.

NFL -- that word should have new meaning for all of us today.

We can't be consumed by our petty market differences anymore.

We will be united in our common interest of watching the damn game.

Perhaps its fate that today is the 20th of Octobor, and you will once again be fighting for freedom, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from the inability to watch your Chiefs game.

We're fighting for our right to watch football, to exist.

And should we win the game, the 20th of October will no longer be known as a day that doesn't mean shit, but as the day when the fans of the NFL declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!

We will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to watch the damn game!

We're going to survive!"

Today, we celebrate our Independence From NFL Tyranny Day!

tk13
10-20-2005, 05:54 PM
You know Randy Quaid was kidnapped by Tagliabue after the war for anal probing experiments.

chefsos
10-20-2005, 06:01 PM
The latest from CBS: Well, I'm fooked.

Chiefs-Dolphins game moved to Friday night
Oct. 20, 2005

THIS JUST IN ...

The NFL announced today, due to Hurricane Wilma, the Kansas City Chiefs-Miami Dolphins game scheduled for 1:00 PM, ET on Sunday (10/23) has been moved to Friday, October 21 (7:05 PM, ET).

CBS Sports will broadcast the Chiefs-Dolphins game, live from Dolphins Stadium. Gus Johnson and Steve Tasker will call the action. Jim Rikhoff will produce and Mark Grant will direct.

Friday night's Kansas City-Miami game will be broadcast in the following markets:

KCTV-Kansas City
WIBW-Topeka
WFOR-Miami
WPEC-West Palm
WINK-Ft. Meyers
(total 3.47% of the country)

irishjayhawk
10-20-2005, 06:03 PM

Oct. 20, 2005

THIS JUST IN ...

The NFL announced today, due to Hurricane Wilma, the Kansas City Chiefs-Miami Dolphins game scheduled for 1:00 PM, ET on Sunday (10/23) has been moved to Friday, October 21 (7:05 PM, ET).

CBS Sports will broadcast the Chiefs-Dolphins game, live from Dolphins Stadium. Gus Johnson and Steve Tasker will call the action. Jim Rikhoff will produce and Mark Grant will direct.

Friday night's Kansas City-Miami game will be broadcast in the following markets:

KCTV-Kansas City
WIBW-Topeka
WFOR-Miami
WPEC-West Palm
WINK-Ft. Meyers
I was just going to post it. I didn't wanna rain on anyones parade. :P

Red Dawg
10-20-2005, 06:04 PM
That would be fabulous! I doubt it will happen. Living in Arkansas I do get the game every week on CBS but on a Friday night it would have to be national and I doubt they will dump their regular prime time program for it.

the Talking Can
10-20-2005, 06:07 PM

Oct. 20, 2005

THIS JUST IN ...

KCTV-Kansas City
WIBW-Topeka
WFOR-Miami
WPEC-West Palm
WINK-Ft. Meyers

I'm in! Thank god.....hallelujah!

Hammock Parties
10-20-2005, 06:30 PM
A FEDERAL POUND ME IN THE ASS PRISON

Tigermoose
10-20-2005, 06:33 PM
Sunday, October 23 Time (ET) Chan. HD
Chan.
KC Chiefs at Miami Dolphins (Tape Delayed) 1:00 pm 212
Pittsburgh Steelers at Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 pm 704 719
Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans 1:00 pm 705
San Diego Chargers at Philadelphia Eagles 1:00 pm 707 720

Direct TV Sunday Ticket Schedule (http://www.directvsports.com/Schedules/Packages/NFLSundayTicket/)

VonneMarie
10-20-2005, 06:36 PM
I getting the game! :D

TRR
10-20-2005, 06:46 PM
Just got off the phone with Direct TV. Basically they had no other information other than it will be tape delayed until Sunday, and that they may or may not have it on Channel 706 tomorrow night.

Basically, if I don't get the game Live tomorrow night, then they will give me a free month of the Ultimate Package Programming. They weren't going to give me anything until I told her that they were shorting me a game that I payed for (and the only one that matters), and that if I don't get a credit, I will be shorting them a payment.

Marcellus
10-20-2005, 06:54 PM
I just found out CBS , KOAM Channel 7 in Joplin, Mo is showing it live Friday night.

:clap: :clap:

Calcountry
10-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Directv is an unmitigated prevaricator. Could this possibly be true?Let me translate for all you n00bs. DirecTV customer service techs are boldface liars.

Calcountry
10-20-2005, 07:07 PM
No doubt. We should call FEMA and see if they can give us a straight answ...er, ok...nevermind...Its Bush's fault for not responding to this hurricane quickly enough. I always knew he was a Cowboy fan. He wouldn't have done this if the Cowboys were playing in Miami.

Calcountry
10-20-2005, 07:10 PM
Just got off the phone with Direct TV. Basically they had no other information other than it will be tape delayed until Sunday, and that they may or may not have it on Channel 706 tomorrow night.

Basically, if I don't get the game Live tomorrow night, then they will give me a free month of the Ultimate Package Programming. They weren't going to give me anything until I told her that they were shorting me a game that I payed for (and the only one that matters), and that if I don't get a credit, I will be shorting them a payment.I threatened cancelling Sunday Ticket next year unless they include NFL "superfan" for free for the rest of this year.

Got what I wanted too.

I might still cancel the chit at the end of the year, bastiges.

Skip Towne
10-20-2005, 07:33 PM
I threatened cancelling Sunday Ticket next year unless they include NFL "superfan" for free for the rest of this year.

Got what I wanted too.

I might still cancel the chit at the end of the year, bastiges.
You'd cancel after they gave you the store? Yeah, that's just the kind of rat bassert you are.

Dawson4004
10-20-2005, 07:51 PM
Good morning. In less than a day, fans from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest football battle in this history of the NFL.

NFL -- that word should have new meaning for all of us today.

We can't be consumed by our petty market differences anymore.

We will be united in our common interest of watching the damn game.

Perhaps its fate that today is the 20th of Octobor, and you will once again be fighting for freedom, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from the inability to watch your Chiefs game.

We're fighting for our right to watch football, to exist.

And should we win the game, the 20th of October will no longer be known as a day that doesn't mean shit, but as the day when the fans of the NFL declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!

We will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to watch the damn game!

We're going to survive!"

Today, we celebrate our Independence From NFL Tyranny Day!

Priceless....just priceless ROFL