PDA

View Full Version : My Phone Call With Direct TV (Live Thread)

RINGLEADER
10-20-2005, 05:15 PM
Called Direct TV...maneuvered through the myriad of button prompts to get to a live person named Ellie...asked if the Chiefs-Dolphins game that was scheduled for Sunday would be broadcast on Direct TV tomorrow night since I bought the Sunday Ticket package.

Direct TV: Sir, is this a college game?

Me: No, it's an NFL game...they moved it because of the hurricane that's going to hit Florida this weekend...

Direct TV: Let me put you on hold...

RINGLEADER
10-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Direct TV: Sir, is this a game that was played last Sunday or is this a game that's being played this Sunday?

Me: It was supposed to be played this Sunday, but because of the hurricane they moved the game up to Friday night.

Direct TV: Ok, sir...let me put you on hold again while I get an answer...

Dartgod
10-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Direct TV: Sir, is this a college game?
You're already fooked...

RINGLEADER
10-20-2005, 05:18 PM
Direct TV: Sir, we're not showing any updates in our system. The game will be played on Sunday afternoon...

Me: No it won't.

Direct TV: According to our system it will be played Sunday afternoon...

Me: And according to the NFL it's going to be played tomorrow evening. I want to know if you're going to show it or not.

Direct TV: So you're saying that they've moved it?

Me: For the tenth time I think.

Direct TV: Ok, sir, let me check with my supervisor...this could take a few minutes. Please hold...

Raiderhater
This thread is a perfect example of why I love this board.

I'm buzzing right now, pay me no nevermind.

RINGLEADER
[muzak]

Hammock Parties
10-20-2005, 05:19 PM
Christ, tech support are morons.

Iowanian
10-20-2005, 05:20 PM
make an elk bugle noise in the phone for 30 seconds when they take you off hold

runnercyclist
10-20-2005, 05:20 PM
It's not their fault.

It's the NFL with whom we should have the issue.

"We are not extending the telecast to more markets because we want to adhere as closely as possible to the spirit of our longstanding policy not to conflict with high school and college football during their seasons (which means Friday night and Saturday)," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said

RINGLEADER
10-20-2005, 05:21 PM
Direct TV: Sir, we have no record that the game has been moved. But be assured that since you are not in the blackout area the game will be visible at the schedule time on Sunday...

Me: But the game will be over Friday night. It doesn't do me any good to see the game Sunday afternoon.

Direct TV: If the game is moved you'll be able to see it on channel 706.

Me: Are you sure?

Direct TV: Yes sir. The Sunday Ticket shows all of the games and if they move it you will still be able to watch it.

Me: Are you positive?

Direct TV: Yes sir. You get to see all the games that aren't blacked out in your area. We've never not shown a game just because it was moved...

Me: Yes you have.

Direct TV: No, sir, you're mistaken, with Sunday...

Me: You moved a game last year and you showed it delayed.

Direct TV: Really? Let me put you on hold one more time.

Ebolapox
10-20-2005, 05:21 PM
ROFL

this thread is instantly a classic imo--rep all around

-EB-

Swanman
10-20-2005, 05:23 PM
It's not their fault.

"We are not extending the telecast to more markets because we want to adhere as closely as possible to the spirit of our longstanding policy not to conflict with high school and college football during their seasons (which means Friday night and Saturday)," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said

If they really want to adhere more closely, they should black out the NFL Network on Friday and Saturday because maybe people will stay home and watch that instead of going out and seeing a high school or college game. They got caught with their pants down and as a result they're just making up shit.

Skip Towne
10-20-2005, 05:23 PM
If Directv says it's going to be played on Sunday, it's going to be played on SUNDAY. Are you Deeef?

Iowanian
10-20-2005, 05:24 PM
I think my part in this play will be to {insert the hold musical selections}

they just wanna, they just wannaaaa...gihls just wanna ha aave fuh uhn

"Sir?"

Swanman
Direct TV: Sir, we have no record that the game has been moved. But be assured that since you are not in the blackout area the game will be visible at the schedule time on Sunday...

Me: But the game will be over Friday night. It doesn't do me any good to see the game Sunday afternoon.

Direct TV: If the game is moved you'll be able to see it on channel 706.

Me: Are you sure?

Direct TV: Yes sir. The Sunday Ticket shows all of the games and if they move it you will still be able to watch it.

Me: Are you positive?

Direct TV: Yes sir. You get to see all the games that aren't blacked out in your area. We've never not shown a game just because it was moved...

Me: Yes you have.

Direct TV: No, sir, you're mistaken, with Sunday...

Me: You moved a game last year and you showed it delayed.

Direct TV: Really? Let me put you on hold one more time.

Directv customer service - it's FANtastic.

RINGLEADER
Direct TV: My supervisor tells me that if the game is moved you'll be able to watch it live on channel 706.

Me: Ok, because last year when I missed a game you guys gave me a credit.

Direct TV: Would you rather have a credit?

Me: No. I want to watch the game.

Direct TV: Well, you'll be able to...

Me: But I want to watch it live or I want a refund.

Direct TV: Ok, sir. I'll make a note that if the game is not broadcast on Sunday you'll get a refund...

Me: No, no, no. I want to watch it live. It doesn't do me any good to see it after they've played.

Direct TV: Ok, sir. I'll make a note that if you don't get to see it live tomorrow night we'll give you a credit.

Hammock Parties
If Directv says it's going to be played on Sunday, it's going to be played on SUNDAY. Are you Deeef?

Skip! Use your DirecTV powers! Get a conclusive word on this!

KC Dan
10-20-2005, 05:25 PM
You're already fooked...
LMAO... This sounds just like your HD experiences...

keg in kc
10-20-2005, 05:26 PM
When they take you off hold, shuffle the phone around and loudly zip/unzip your pants, muttering "couldn't you have given me another minute, the website was really hot, and I was that close".

RINGLEADER
10-20-2005, 05:26 PM
It's not their fault.

That may be. But I sign my checks to Direct TV and if they're not giving me 1/13th of the product I want a rebate for 1/13th of the cost. Seems fair to me.

RINGLEADER
10-20-2005, 05:27 PM
When they take you off hold, shuffle the phone around and loudly zip/unzip your pants, muttering "couldn't you have given me another minute, the website was really hot, and I was that close".

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Iowanian
10-20-2005, 05:28 PM
just anooother maaaaanic mondaaaaaaaay.....wish it was suuuundaaaaaaay.....thats mah fun daaaaaay...whooooaaaaaahwhoooooaaaa my Idon'thavetorun day.......

"Sir, my supervisor says"

Dartgod
Wow, think of the time they could have saved...

RINGLEADER: Will DirecTV be airing the Chiefs/Dolphins game live tomorrow night?

DIRECTV: I don't know.

RINGLEADER: OK, thanks.... *click*

Swanman
Direct TV: My supervisor tells me that if the game is moved you'll be able to watch it live on channel 706.

Direct TV: Ok, sir. I'll make a note that if the game is not broadcast on Sunday you'll get a refund...

Me: No, no, no. I want to watch it live. It doesn't do me any good to see it after they've played.

Direct TV: Ok, sir. I'll make a note that if you don't get to see it live tomorrow night we'll give you a credit.

From that exchange, it seems that if you take the credit, we'll all get screwed because they won't show it live, but if you forego the credit, they'll actually show the game. Take the financial hit now and the CP will fundraise and get you the cash you're missing out on. With great power comes great responsibility.

Dartgod
10-20-2005, 05:29 PM
LMAO... This sounds just like your HD experiences...
Not EVEN close. :banghead:

Iowanian
10-20-2005, 05:29 PM
I think he should have done the "tourettesguy" on them.

"hello, NFL?! Ahm calling about your toothpaste, the one with tartar control......it tastes like AAASSS...BAOWS!"

keg in kc
10-20-2005, 05:30 PM
If it's a woman when you're back off hold, after a few seconds say, "you have a sexy voice."

Unzip again.

Or a guy, if you can pull that off.

Swanman
10-20-2005, 05:31 PM
Wow, think of the time they could have saved...

RINGLEADER: Will DirecTV be airing the Chiefs/Dolphins game live tomorrow night?

DIRECTV: I don't know.

RINGLEADER: OK, thanks.... *click*

Pretty close, but they'll usually put you on hold for a few minutes before the first I don't know. It usually takes them approximately 2.57 minutes to figure out they don't know something (calculated from a sample size of 29,582 calls to Directv and SBC DSL customer service over the past year).

Skip Towne
10-20-2005, 05:33 PM
Their CSR's are a bunch of robotic idiots. They mostly just follow scripts and agree with whatever you say. If I see any sign of lucidity in one I always say "You've been there awhile haven't you?". And they reply "Oh, yeah, I've been here nearly three months".

Thig Lyfe
10-20-2005, 05:33 PM
Bwahaha. Tech support doesn't know jack diddly.

Great thread!

CosmicPal
10-20-2005, 05:34 PM

You probably do the same thing every time a trick or treater comes to your door.

keg in kc
10-20-2005, 05:37 PM
You probably do the same thing every time a trick or treater comes to your door.I don't think I've ever answered the door for a trick-or-treater. I'm more of a "make sure the lights are out so they don't pester me" kind of guy.

I thought about it with the pizza girl the other night, though.

Calcountry
10-20-2005, 05:40 PM
just anooother maaaaanic mondaaaaaaaay.....wish it was suuuundaaaaaaay.....thats mah fun daaaaaay...whooooaaaaaahwhoooooaaaa my Idon'thavetorun day.......

"Sir, my supervisor says"followed up with walk like an Egyptian....

|Zach|
10-20-2005, 09:15 PM
Ha, thanks for the content.

http://zachishere.com/

ROYC75
10-20-2005, 10:15 PM
Credit ? Heh, I bitched up a storm and threatened to cancel my service. I get Sunday Ticket and ESPN Full Court, along with the Sports Preimium and the Movie Preimium Packages, along with 5 reicievers. They didn't want to lose me as a customer......

They gave me a $ 20.00 credit for the next 6 months............ :D

tk13
10-20-2005, 10:33 PM
Credit ? Heh, I bitched up a storm and threatened to cancel my service. I get Sunday Ticket and ESPN Full Court, along with the Sports Preimium and the Movie Preimium Packages, along with 5 reicievers. They didn't want to lose me as a customer......

They gave me a $ 20.00 credit for the next 6 months............ :D
ROFL Holy crap. By the time this is done we're gonna have to have a "Who got the best DTV credit" thread...

tk13
10-20-2005, 10:34 PM
Ha, thanks for the content.

http://zachishere.com/
You know, looking over the 37F pictures, you sure took a lot of pictures of pink. Does Phil know about this?

|Zach|
10-20-2005, 10:34 PM
You know, looking over the 37F pictures, you sure took a lot of pictures of pink. Does Phil know about this?
Hush now.

tk13
10-20-2005, 10:36 PM
Hush now.
You're building a shrine to her in your apartment, aren't you?

Hammock Parties
10-20-2005, 10:37 PM
Zach's wall of Pink:

http://www.hollywoodjesus.com/movie/one_hour_photo/17.jpeg

tk13
10-20-2005, 10:38 PM
Like you have room to talk. You've probably got a wall of Carrie Underwood.

Hammock Parties
10-20-2005, 10:39 PM
Like you have room to talk. You've probably got a wall of Carrie Underwood.

I've got a digital one.

Darkwolfe
10-20-2005, 11:01 PM
Bwahaha. Tech support doesn't know jack diddly.

Great thread!

This ain't tech support, believe me. This is supposed to be "Customer Service" CS is always so clueless that they can't tell you what day it is.

RealSNR
10-21-2005, 10:30 AM
I think he should have done the "tourettesguy" on them.

"hello, NFL?! Ahm calling about your toothpaste, the one with tartar control......it tastes like AAASSS...BAOWS!"Months later....

RINGLEADER: "Yes. I called a long time ago about receiving a credit for a missed game. I got the credit. AND IT MADE ME FEEL... LIKE A PIECE OF SHIT!! THIS IS BULLSHIT!"

Iowanian
10-21-2005, 10:54 AM
"Direct TV....I'd like to tell you about a porcupine's baows......"

The Bad Guy
10-21-2005, 11:03 AM
Ring,

Check your private messages when you get a chance.

Lzen
10-21-2005, 12:14 PM
Their CSR's are a bunch of robotic idiots. They mostly just follow scripts and agree with whatever you say. If I see any sign of lucidity in one I always say "You've been there awhile haven't you?". And they reply "Oh, yeah, I've been here nearly three months".

Ha ha ha, DirecTV sux. And you said that Dish's customer service was bad. :rolleyes:

ROYC75
10-21-2005, 12:21 PM
ROFL Holy crap. By the time this is done we're gonna have to have a "Who got the best DTV credit" thread...

Yep, $ 20.00 x 6 months = $ 120.00 savings.

Wonder what I can bitch about next ? :hmmm:

robags0817
10-21-2005, 12:21 PM
I have been coming to this site for years and never have I posted. But this topic has definately upset me. I live in New York and have the dtv ticket. I also called on thursday night only to be told that the game would be on. Than I received a call from my friend this morning telling me it was not on. I go to the NFL site to see that it is not on tv, but by signing up for NFL .com acces you can hear the game on the radio. I think it is funny that if you subscribe for 9.95 a month you can hear the game. The nfl has no problem with this since they are making money off of it. now I know it is not tv and thier are different rules, but they made sure it wasn't on tv while offering at the same time the radio broadcast. for a 10 dollar a month subscription. I think that is bullll!!!!!!

ROYC75
10-21-2005, 12:34 PM
I have been coming to this site for years and never have I posted. But this topic has definately upset me. I live in New York and have the dtv ticket. I also called on thursday night only to be told that the game would be on. Than I received a call from my friend this morning telling me it was not on. I go to the NFL site to see that it is not on tv, but by signing up for NFL .com acces you can hear the game on the radio. I think it is funny that if you subscribe for 9.95 a month you can hear the game. The nfl has no problem with this since they are making money off of it. now I know it is not tv and thier are different rules, but they made sure it wasn't on tv while offering at the same time the radio broadcast. for a 10 dollar a month subscription. I think that is bullll!!!!!!

Go here and listen for free ............http://stream1.adsertion.com/radio/Players/indexWINIE.asp?StationID=6017&CallLetters=KCFXFM&ListenerID=7819386&CookieID=40032708&StationName=KCFX&MultiPlay=0

Logical
10-21-2005, 01:04 PM

Direct TV: Ok, sir. I'll make a note that if you don't get to see it live tomorrow night we'll give you a credit.If you did not quit here while you were ahead, that was your mistake.

journeyscarab
10-21-2005, 01:39 PM
Don and Mike (DC radio show) were joking about the game tonight. Don has NFL ticket and went through the whole "Calling DirectTV" saga.