PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Fans in Dallas

Dallas Chief
10-20-2005, 07:02 PM
Hey Chiefs fans in Dallas! I remember that Austin Avenue in Plano used to show all of the preseason games becasue they could get the CBS affiliate in KC off their SAT. Anybody know if they can still do that? If they can we should all meet there at 5:30pm tomorrow to stake out some good tables. Any thoughts??? I think Luzap used to quasi-organize it...

PunkinDrublic
10-20-2005, 07:05 PM
I live in Plano and I'm definately going to be there. I'm usually at Austin Avenue if the games not televised nationally. I remember them being able to get preseason games that were televised locally in KC a couple years ago so I think there's a good chance they'll have the game.

Hammock Parties
10-20-2005, 07:07 PM
Houston sucks ass! :cuss:

chiefs4me
10-20-2005, 07:10 PM
just look in the dallas news on the sports page and they list which bars are showing which games.... Are you trolling DC.....;)

Chiefs Pantalones
10-20-2005, 07:13 PM
ENOUGH!!!!

THE GAME WILL ONLY BE ON IN KC AND IN MIAMI, THE REST OF YOU ARE S.O.L. WATCH THE HIGHLIGHTS ON SPORTSCENTER, GO OUT THAT NIGHT, EAT SOME CHEESECAKE, I DON'T GIVE A F$CK, BUT ENOUGH OF THIS SHIT!!!!1111ONEONE

ONE LAST TIME...THE GAME WON'T BE ON ANYWHERE ELSE, YOU LITTLE F$CKHEADS, YOU!!!111!!1!!111

Raiderhater
10-20-2005, 07:15 PM
Houston sucks ass! :cuss:

Look up SRO in the phone book and give them a call, I've watched local preseason Chiefs' games there before. I know they have at least two locations in town.

Hammock Parties
10-20-2005, 07:17 PM
Look up SRO in the phone book and give them a call, I've watched local preseason Chiefs' games there before. I know they have at least two locations in town.

Yeah, I'm planning on it tomorrow.

Mile High Mania
10-20-2005, 07:21 PM
Since I'm local and feel bad for you guys... I just called Austin Avenue and asked if they'll be able to show the game tomorrow. They lady went to ask a manager... and the answer is...

Yes. They said they've 'double checked' because they knew they would receive calls. So, yes if you are a Chiefs' fan an you live in the Dallas/Metroplex - Austin Avenue in Plano is your place.

I'm sure there are others.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-20-2005, 07:23 PM
Since I'm local and feel bad for you guys... I just called Austin Avenue and asked if they'll be able to show the game tomorrow. They lady went to ask a manager... and the answer is...

Yes. They said they've 'double checked' because they knew they would receive calls. So, yes if you are a Chiefs' fan an you live in the Dallas/Metroplex - Austin Avenue in Plano is your place.

I'm sure there are others.

Don't listen to him!!! He's the enemy!!!

:p

Mile High Mania
10-20-2005, 07:25 PM
Don't listen to him!!! He's the enemy!!!

:p

Ha! I'd never do that... dial 1-411 and ask for Austin Avenue in Plano, TX...

jspchief
10-20-2005, 07:26 PM
Well, I better call Mom and Dad... I'm coming to Frisco to visit.

Calcountry
10-20-2005, 07:27 PM
Houston sucks ass! :cuss:Keep it up big boy, Wilma hasn't decided where she is gonna go yet.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-20-2005, 07:28 PM
Ha! I'd never do that... dial 1-411 and ask for Austin Avenue in Plano, TX...

We're on to you!!!! :cuss: ROFL

Mile High Mania
10-20-2005, 07:28 PM
Well, I better call Mom and Dad... I'm coming to Frisco to visit.

I wonder if they're my neighbors just around the corner with that ugly red and yellow flag on the house. :hmmm:

Dallas Chief
10-20-2005, 07:33 PM
just look in the dallas news on the sports page and they list which bars are showing which games.... Are you trolling DC.....;)
Nah! Not trolling. I've been lurking around here since this place started. I used to lurk on the STAR board too until it went to h*ll in a handbasket. Used to watch the games in Arlington at the ballpark with a bunch of folks. dtebbe knows me and I have met some of the gang at Austin before, including Luzap and his lovely lady. Don't post much because either I don't have much to say, OR, somebody posts my point before I can. How about that for an original thought...

jspchief
10-20-2005, 07:35 PM
I wonder if they're my neighbors just around the corner with that ugly red and yellow flag on the house. :hmmm:Eh, odds of my mother letting my father put a football flag on the house for decoration is pretty slim.

Herzig
10-20-2005, 07:38 PM
Nah! Not trolling. I've been lurking around here since this place started. I used to lurk on the STAR board too until it went to h*ll in a handbasket. Used to watch the games in Arlington at the ballpark with a bunch of folks. dtebbe knows me and I have met some of the gang at Austin before, including Luzap and his lovely lady. Don't post much because either I don't have much to say, OR, somebody posts my point before I can. How about that for an original thought...

Hey...you're the guy that works for SONY that sent me a free copy of AVIA HD tweeker DVD and threw in Close Encounters too. You rule!

Dallas Chief
10-20-2005, 07:42 PM
Hey...you're the guy that works for SONY that sent me a free copy of AVIA HD tweeker DVD and threw in Close Encounters too. You rule!

That's me. By the way, I've been spending more time up in your neck of the woods visiting the 800 lb. gorilla

Herzig
10-20-2005, 07:45 PM
That's me. By the way, I've been spending more time up in your neck of the woods visiting the 800 lb. gorilla

Walmart? I'm sorry you have to deal with them. I hear they can be pretty demanding. They are responsible for a lot of the growth here though. Everywhere you look, there's something new here going up.

Dallas Chief
10-20-2005, 07:51 PM
Walmart? I'm sorry you have to deal with them. I hear they can be pretty demanding. They are responsible for a lot of the growth here though. Everywhere you look, there's something new here going up.
They're not so bad. They don't make it personal like some do. I'd move up there in hearbeat if I could keep my job. Good people, small town living, some Razorback football, and much closer to KC. I hear most Chiefs games are on CBS there on Sundays. Must be nice.

Skip Towne
10-20-2005, 07:56 PM
First off, I don't think ANY dish can get KCTV5 except Directv and Dishnotwork. KCTV5 does not put its signal on satellite. Why would it? It has to stay in its allotted area. D* and E* are authorized to give a satellite feed of that station but only in that allotted area. The game, however, will be sent via Big Dish to KCTV5. It's called a backhaul and some of them are not scrambled and anybody with a BUD can intercept them. That is the only way I know of that Austin Avenue could get this game. And how they can guarantee that backhaul will be sent to KCTV5 "in the clear" is beyond me. Even if you could find the guy that decides if it will be encrypted, he probably wouldn't tell you. The only way I know of to know for sure is wait till game time and start searching every transponder on every C and KU band satellite up there. But if I owned Austin Avenue I'd tell everybody that called that we would definatey be showing it.

Mile High Mania
10-20-2005, 08:01 PM
First off, I don't think ANY dish can get KCTV5 except Directv and Dishnotwork. KCTV5 does not put its signal on satellite. Why would it? It has to stay in its allotted area. D* and E* are authorized to give a satellite feed of that station but only in that allotted area. The game, however, will be sent via Big Dish to KCTV5. It's called a backhaul and some of them are not scrambled and anybody with a BUD can intercept them. That is the only way I know of that Austin Avenue could get this game. And how they can guarantee that backhaul will be sent to KCTV5 "in the clear" is beyond me. Even if you could find the guy that decides if it will be encrypted, he probably wouldn't tell you. The only way I know of to know for sure is wait till game time and start searching every transponder on every C and KU band satellite up there. But if I owned Austin Avenue I'd tell everybody that called that we would definatey be showing it.

That's another good point ... but, if I was a bar owner ... the last thing I want is 20 or so pissed off people at my bar.

Skip Towne
10-20-2005, 08:10 PM
eh... if they're twenty or so people that wouldn't have come there otherwise... and they buy a beer or two before the game fails to come on... and you're confident in your bullshitting capabilities.... eh... roll the dice.
Exactly right. They can come up with any line of shit but once the crowd is there, it's there.

Dallas Chief
10-20-2005, 08:11 PM
That's another good point ... but, if I was a bar owner ... the last thing I want is 20 or so pissed off people at my bar.
All I know is that they had preseason games broadcast with the local KC broadcast team. I don't ask how, I just say thank you. Oh wait, I think they were picking up the signal off of SATSTAR4, 110 Orbit, Transponder 69...
Anyone else going to give it a shot??? Beats listening to it on the net.

jcl-kcfan2
10-20-2005, 08:12 PM
ENOUGH!!!!

THE GAME WILL ONLY BE ON IN KC AND IN MIAMI, THE REST OF YOU ARE S.O.L. WATCH THE HIGHLIGHTS ON SPORTSCENTER, GO OUT THAT NIGHT, EAT SOME CHEESECAKE, I DON'T GIVE A F$CK, BUT ENOUGH OF THIS SHIT!!!!1111ONEONE

ONE LAST TIME...THE GAME WON'T BE ON ANYWHERE ELSE, YOU LITTLE F$CKHEADS, YOU!!!111!!1!!111

Lemme see...

oh yeah...

FOAD!!

You go eat some freakin cheesecake

Mile High Mania
10-20-2005, 08:12 PM
Exactly right. They can come up with any line of shit but once the crowd is there, it's there.

I'm not disagreeing, but I doubt many bars around here are hurting for Friday night business... I dunno... I'll give 'em the benefit of the doubt.

Hey, maybe they have a very long cable connection... :p

Skip Towne
10-20-2005, 08:15 PM
I'm not disagreeing, but I doubt many bars around here are hurting for Friday night business... I dunno... I'll give 'em the benefit of the doubt.

Hey, maybe they have a very long cable connection... :p
If that very long cable runs through Tulsa, I'm finding it and splicing into it.

PunkinDrublic
10-20-2005, 08:16 PM

Dude I've been watching Chiefs games at Austin Ave for the past 5 years since I moved down here from KC and I know they wouldn't pull some bullshit like that. Anybody in DFW who's unsure of weather or not the game should go to Austin Avenue. If it's not on there than it's only on in KC and Miami.

Herzig
10-20-2005, 08:20 PM
They're not so bad. They don't make it personal like some do. I'd move up there in hearbeat if I could keep my job. Good people, small town living, some Razorback football, and much closer to KC. I hear most Chiefs games are on CBS there on Sundays. Must be nice.

It is a good place to live. Yep, most are televised locally, but lately they've been carrying a lot of Jacksonville games due to the fact that Matt Jones went there. I've got Sunday ticket anyway which is good unless a Hurricane strikes the city where the Chiefs are playing.

Skip Towne
10-20-2005, 08:22 PM
All I know is that they had preseason games broadcast with the local KC broadcast team. I don't ask how, I just say thank you. Oh wait, I think they were picking up the signal off of SATSTAR4, 110 Orbit, Transponder 69...
Anyone else going to give it a shot??? Beats listening to it on the net.
Transponder 69? Uh.......C band and KU band satellites only have 24 transponders. And who are the local KC broadcast team? Mitch and Lenny are radio guys.

Dallas Chief
10-20-2005, 08:32 PM
Transponder 69? Uh.......C band and KU band satellites only have 24 transponders. And who are the local KC broadcast team? Mitch and Lenny are radio guys.
You see, Skip. Nevermind. It's like arguing with my wife.

I'm going to Austin Avenue and I will watch the Chiefs tomrrow night. Have fun spanking it in TOK...

Skip Towne
10-20-2005, 08:44 PM
You see, Skip. Nevermind. It's like arguing with my wife.

I'm going to Austin Avenue and I will watch the Chiefs tomrrow night. Have fun spanking it in TOK...
Your wife is smarter than you are too? My sympathies.

NLU Tailgater
10-20-2005, 08:53 PM
What exit is Austin Avenue off of? Closer to Central or the Tollway? I'd like to join you guys, I've been looking for a place in the D to watch with actual Chiefs fans. I'm smoking a bunch of pork and brisket so I might have a small window to catch a bit of the game. (and sorry the bbq won't be ready till Saturday afternoon)

Skip Towne
10-20-2005, 09:04 PM
What exit is Austin Avenue off of? Closer to Central or the Tollway? I'd like to join you guys, I've been looking for a place in the D to watch with actual Chiefs fans. I'm smoking a bunch of pork and brisket so I might have a small window to catch a bit of the game. (and sorry the bbq won't be ready till Saturday afternoon)
You smoke pork? Man, I wouldn't admit that on here. Denverchief will be all over you. Oh, wait, you're a n00b, carry on.

Dallas Chief
10-20-2005, 09:06 PM
Your wife is smarter than you are too? My sympathies.
I knew we could agree on something. That's why I married her. Peace...

Dallas Chief
10-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Here is the address and number. Closer to Central on the north side of Parker before you get to Alma.
Austin Avenue
935 West Parker Rd.
Plano, TX 75023
972-422-8003

Monty
10-20-2005, 09:27 PM
Here is the address and number. Closer to Central on the north side of Parker before you get to Alma.
Austin Avenue
935 West Parker Rd.
Plano, TX 75023
972-422-8003

If you're who I think you are, did you take your son to a few of the preseason games? For the life of me, I've read through the thread and I'm not sure who you are. I only live about a mile west of AA and was planning on watching the game at home as I have the Ticket, but sounds like AA will be more fun. :)

Monty
10-20-2005, 09:29 PM
Also, AA has a link for directions etc: www.austinavenue.com

PunkinDrublic
10-20-2005, 09:30 PM
If you're who I think you are, did you take your son to a few of the preseason games? For the life of me, I've read through the thread and I'm not sure who you are. I only live about a mile west of AA and was planning on watching the game at home as I have the Ticket, but sounds like AA will be more fun. :)

Were you there for the game against Philly man I wanted to kill there stupid ass fans.

Skip Towne
10-20-2005, 09:34 PM
I knew we could agree on something. That's why I married her. Peace...
Bless you brother!!!!!!

Monty
10-20-2005, 09:57 PM
No, I haven't been there for quite awhile now. I used to watch the preseason games there but I have NFL Ticket, so I'm watching it at home, but if there will be a contigent there, count me in.

Dallas Chief
10-20-2005, 11:00 PM
Me and my buddy used to watch the games at the Ballpark in Arlington. We were in our mid 20's back then. I didn't have a son then but I do now. I have only been to AA like 3 times but I am going tomorrow. I'm bringing a camera. There will be evidence. Are you the one that used to raffle off jackets and hats and other stuff at Fridays front row?

Archie F. Swin
10-20-2005, 11:11 PM
I've never understood why Chiefs fans in North Texas dont have at least one Metroplex gathering per season. With all the Planeteers in Texas, there' been only one planned Metroplex gathering, and that was in '01 or 02'. We should have at least one gathering a season.

Yeah...and Luzap should host it! ;)

Monty
10-20-2005, 11:41 PM
Me and my buddy used to watch the games at the Ballpark in Arlington. We were in our mid 20's back then. I didn't have a son then but I do now. I have only been to AA like 3 times but I am going tomorrow. I'm bringing a camera. There will be evidence. Are you the one that used to raffle off jackets and hats and other stuff at Fridays front row?

Not me. I'd keep all the Chiefs stuff for myself. ;) I think the guy you are talking about is over at the Outer Marker now over in Addison. At any rate, I'll plan on going over there after work and I'll see if a couple of coworkers can join us.

Mile High Mania
10-21-2005, 05:48 AM
I've never understood why Chiefs fans in North Texas dont have at least one Metroplex gathering per season. With all the Planeteers in Texas, there' been only one planned Metroplex gathering, and that was in '01 or 02'. We should have at least one gathering a season.

Yeah...and Luzap should host it! ;)

Make it the Denver game and I'll crash your party... :clap:

What was it 4 years ago when I met you, AustinChief and PunkinDrublic at that place in Plano?

I was at this sports bar on Sunday watching the Den/NE game and there must have been 25 Steelers' fans for their game. They always have a strong showing.

There's typically the same 4 Denver fans and 2 KC fans at the place I go. I used to know where the Broncos' fans met, but they've moved bars a few times.

ChiefsGirl
10-21-2005, 07:24 AM
I called Austin Ave yesterday as well. Bruce the manager or owner or whatever said that his satellite could either pick up a Miami or KC feed.

Archie F. Swin
10-21-2005, 07:49 AM
Make it the Denver game and I'll crash your party... :clap:

What was it 4 years ago when I met you, AustinChief and PunkinDrublic at that place in Plano?

Yep, I'm thinkin 2001...I wish we could do that every season. I'd be willing to make the drive just to be with fellow Chief fans (or at least Planet fans)

Dallas Chief
10-21-2005, 07:34 PM
Sorry Dallas Chiefs Fans. We gave it a shot. Damn NFL! Nice to see you Monty and Luzap. Nice to meet you punkin drublic. Go Chiefs!!!

Archie F. Swin
10-22-2005, 10:08 AM
Sorry Dallas Chiefs Fans. We gave it a shot. Damn NFL! Nice to see you Monty and Luzap. Nice to meet you punkin drublic. Go Chiefs!!!

Wow.. you saw Luzap? Did you kiss his ring?
:)

Skip Towne
10-22-2005, 10:59 AM
So Austin Avenue WAS lying. Shocking!!!

Luzap
10-22-2005, 11:51 AM
It was good to see everyone.

Brian (the owner) tried to back channel the game and succeeded in getting the feed, only to have it scramble 30 seconds later. Apparently most networks and the NFL have a very lax policy about restrictions when hurricanes are involved, but CBS decided to be absolutely paranoid about it and demanded everythng be scrambled.

I blame Tagliabue, but that's another story.

Until next time,

Luz
forgot to take my ring...