PDA

View Full Version : Does the cable system in Joplin get Channel 13 from Topeka?

Lipschitz
10-20-2005, 08:16 PM
We get it in SE Kansas.

WIBW in Topeka, Channel 13 (http://www.wibw.com/sports)

Chiefs-Dolphins Game Moved to Friday
Chiefs at Dolphins to Air Here on WIBW-TV 13

Teams set to play at Dolphins Stadium on at 7:00 PM (ET), 6:00 PM (CT) on Oct. 21st
This morning at approximately 10:45 AM, NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue informed Chiefs President Carl Peterson that the Kansas City Chiefs vs. Miami Dolphins game originally scheduled for Sunday, October 23rd at Dolphins Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida has been rescheduled.
document.write('');The rescheduled time for the Chiefs-Dolphins game is 7:00 PM (Eastern), 6:00 PM (Central) on Friday, October 21st given the deteriorating weather conditions due to Hurricane Wilma. More information on the Chiefs plans will be provided as it becomes available. Friday’s game will be broadcast locally by CBS in Topeka on WIBW-TV.

WestCoastReggie
10-20-2005, 08:27 PM
No idea. I might drive up to KC if I were you. I am.

Skip Towne
10-20-2005, 08:34 PM
We get it in SE Kansas.

WIBW in Topeka, Channel 13 (http://www.wibw.com/sports)

Chiefs-Dolphins Game Moved to Friday
Chiefs at Dolphins to Air Here on WIBW-TV 13

Teams set to play at Dolphins Stadium on at 7:00 PM (ET), 6:00 PM (CT) on Oct. 21st
This morning at approximately 10:45 AM, NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue informed Chiefs President Carl Peterson that the Kansas City Chiefs vs. Miami Dolphins game originally scheduled for Sunday, October 23rd at Dolphins Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida has been rescheduled.
document.write('');The rescheduled time for the Chiefs-Dolphins game is 7:00 PM (Eastern), 6:00 PM (Central) on Friday, October 21st given the deteriorating weather conditions due to Hurricane Wilma. More information on the Chiefs plans will be provided as it becomes available. Friday’s game will be broadcast locally by CBS in Topeka on WIBW-TV.
Nope, Joplin is waaay out of the Topeka DMA. Where in SEK do you get Topeka stations? I know Chanute gets the Joplin stations only. Iola too I think. It would have to be north of Iola by quite a bit.

Saulbadguy
10-20-2005, 08:36 PM
Shut up, NOOB!

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
10-20-2005, 08:55 PM
Nope, Joplin is waaay out of the Topeka DMA. Where in SEK do you get Topeka stations? I know Chanute gets the Joplin stations only. Iola too I think. It would have to be north of Iola by quite a bit.

Chanute gets WIBW............

Rukdafaidas
10-20-2005, 09:21 PM
Nope, not going to be on in Joplin. Here's what the local CBS affialiate has to say:

http://www.koamtv.com/index.php?action=news.view&num=3233

CHIEFS FOOTBALL

October 20, 2005

The football game between the Miami Dolphins and the Kansas City Chiefs
has been moved to Friday night due to the threat of Hurricane Wilma.
However, due to a ruling issued by the National Football League, KOAM TV
will not be able to air the game.
The NFL rule states that the game will air only in the "Home Market" and a
"peripheral market." In this case, Topeka is the designated peripheral market.

Dr. Chief
10-20-2005, 10:11 PM
This is a huge crock of shit. I am going to call DirecTV in the morning and beg them for the ability to order the game without forking over the money for the rest of the Sunday Ticket package.

Skip Towne
10-20-2005, 10:21 PM
This is a huge crock of shit. I am going to call DirecTV in the morning and beg them for the ability to order the game without forking over the money for the rest of the Sunday Ticket package.
I think somebody sued them a few years ago and forced them to sell the individual weekend games a la carte. I'd call and ask.

Skip Towne
10-20-2005, 10:27 PM
Chanute gets WIBW............
If they do, on cable, and also get the Joplin stations, that is in violation of federal law. One DMA is not allowed to encroach on another DMA. Now if you put up a REALLY tall off-air antenna and get both, more power to you. And if your antenna is that tall, you should be able to get the Wichita stations as well.

Dr. Chief
10-20-2005, 10:31 PM
I think somebody sued them a few years ago and forced them to sell the individual weekend games a la carte. I'd call and ask.

I hope so. I don't know if I could handle sitting around and just listening to the game.

ferrarispider95
10-20-2005, 10:49 PM
No idea. I might drive up to KC if I were you. I am.

You can't drive I thought you got a DUI, hint hint

ChiefsFire
10-20-2005, 10:55 PM
Garnett,27 miles north of Iola gets both wibw 13 and kctv 5...two choices of which station to watch the game on

Lipschitz
10-21-2005, 04:49 AM

Independence.

Swanman
10-21-2005, 06:10 AM

That won't work either unless you want to watch the game on tape delay Sunday. Due to some assinine rules regarding interfering with high school and college football and Fridays and Saturdays, they are only going to air the games on a select few markets in the KC and Miami areas and the rest of the nation has no way to see the game live.

Nelson Muntz
10-22-2005, 12:58 AM
Neodesha also gets both the Joplin and the Topeka CBS stations.