PDA

View Full Version : If Sabans theories hold true Dolphins will blow out Chiefs

B_Ambuehl
10-21-2005, 11:05 AM
Did anyone see him on NFL network earlier in the week?

Saban: The worst thing that can happen to a football team is to play bad and win. The WORST thing that can happen to a football team is to play terrible and win. We live in a results oriented society and all anyone wants to look at are the results. But what happens is they forget about following the "process" that leads to the results.

The worst beating we ever took at LSU was after a game against Vanderbilt which we won on a last second lucky ass bullshit bomb in the end zone. Everybody's happy and they're going "why are you pissed we won didn't we?" Well we didn't block anybody, we didn't tackle anybody, we didn't line up on defense correctly but everybody's happy cause we won and that's all that mattes right? But next week we got killed because we we forgot about following and executing the process that leads to the positive results.

I couldn't help but laugh after hearing that when the Chiefs play like shit against the redskins and DV is out there handing out gameballs and shit. Add to that fact up until today it's been ilegal for a team to travel and play on the same day in the NFL and maybe it's not such a bad idea I can't watch the game.

htismaqe
10-21-2005, 11:07 AM
I guess I missed the game against the Redskins where "we won on a last second lucky ass bullshit bomb in the end zone. Everybody's happy and they're going "why are you pissed we won didn't we?" Well we didn't block anybody, we didn't tackle anybody, we didn't line up on defense correctly ".

InChiefsHeaven
10-21-2005, 11:11 AM
Exactly. The Skins game was not THAT bad...

Mr. Laz
10-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Saban: The WORST thing that can happen to a football team is to play terrible and win.
It's been part of our problem for a long time

ignoring problems and bad performances just because we won.

If it happens once or occasionally ... fine

that's why we've have won a playoff game in 10 years ... because all the ugly games we've won in the regular season don't carry over into the playoffs against good teams.

going 13-3 and then standing pat because you had a winning record... but ignoring the fact that we won so many games because of miracle returns by Dante Hall is another example. :shake:

it's a inherent weakness of character by our front office ... willing to "get by" and overlook problems because it's expedient to do so.

htismaqe
10-21-2005, 11:15 AM
FYI, we played better against the Skins, and beat them worse, than did the Broncos.

Yet, the Broncos beat the defending world champs the next week.

BigRock
10-21-2005, 11:18 AM
Yeah, WTF is DV thinking giving out gameballs for that 'Skins game? And to Jared Allen?? He sure didn't line up or tackle correctly.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-21-2005, 11:21 AM
"If Sabans theories hold true Dolphins will blow out Chiefs"

Guess we better not play the game.

B_Ambuehl
10-21-2005, 11:33 AM
It's been part of our problem for a long time

ignoring problems and bad performances just because we won.

It's good to know someone else notices.

I know Saban is about as big as an asshole as you can find and I would surely hate to play for him but I think it's much more likely his motivational approach will lead to him being the next great coach down the road 3-5 years instead of overhyped flavor of the months such as Weis, Crennel, Childress, blah blah blah.

He really takes that shit to another level. Before the sugar bowl he wouldn't let his players so much as talk about "winning" the football game. All they were to focus on was executing each play one by one. Focus on the end result f*** up the process.

htismaqe
10-21-2005, 11:35 AM
It's good to know someone else notices.

I know Saban is about as big as an asshole as you can find and I would surely hate to play for him but I think it's much more likely his motivational approach will lead to him being the next great coach down the road 3-5 years instead of overhyped flavor of the months such as Weis, Crennel, Childress, blah blah blah.

He really takes that shit to another level. Before the sugar bowl he wouldn't let his players so much as talk about "winning" the football game. All they were to focus on was executing each play one by one. Focus on the end result f*** up the process.

That's about the dumbest thing I've read on here in a while.

ROYC75
10-21-2005, 12:08 PM
I guess I missed the game against the Redskins where "we won on a last second lucky ass bullshit bomb in the end zone. Everybody's happy and they're going "why are you pissed we won didn't we?" Well we didn't block anybody, we didn't tackle anybody, we didn't line up on defense correctly ".

Well, in a round about way, we did. Knight's tipped pass in the end zone on an bomb open reciever with just a few seconds left saved the game.

Personally, I think we will be fine tonight, other than the fact we don't get to watch it...........

Back to the 60's we go..... listening to radio and no TV. :banghead:

Kyle401
10-21-2005, 12:36 PM
That's about the dumbest thing I've read on here in a while.

Keep reading B_Ambhuel's posts. He's got plenty more.

Chiefnj
10-21-2005, 12:41 PM
I don't think the Chiefs played terribly. I think the defense was above average. They got turnovers, pumped up the crowd, did a good job against the run, scored a TD, got good field position for the offense, got QB pressure and won the game.

Taco John
10-21-2005, 01:05 PM
I wouldn't be suprised to see the Dolphins beat you guys. They've got a pretty good run defense, and can get pressure on the quarterback.

Mr. Laz
10-21-2005, 01:09 PM
I don't think the Chiefs played terribly. I think the defense was above average. They got turnovers, pumped up the crowd, did a good job against the run, scored a TD, got good field position for the offense, got QB pressure and won the game.
i don't think the point of the thread was the washington game

i think it's about the philosophy of being satisfied with an ugly win just because it's a win.

eventually team problems will catch up to you and won't win

Bearcat
10-21-2005, 01:13 PM
Add to that fact up until today it's been ilegal for a team to travel and play on the same day in the NFL .

This is talked about WAY too much in the media, and now the fans think it's impossible, too. ESPN made a huge deal out of it when Tennessee had to do it for the LSU game, even though the coaches and players -- the ones having to do it -- didn't seem to care at all (yes, I'm sure there was some degree of saying the right thing, but it was a far cry from CP's "we're at a competitive disadvantage crap yesterday).

At my DII school, the bus would load up at some crazy time like 5am and drive 5 hours to Rolla or SW Baptist. Feel free to bitch all you want about how this is a different level, blah blah blah, but they're also grown men who are pampered to no end. I think they can rough it out for one day. While missing practice time is one thing, I really don't think a first class flight the day of the game is something to complain about.

Chiefnj
10-21-2005, 01:18 PM
i don't think the point of the thread was the washington game

i think it's about the philosophy of being satisfied with an ugly win just because it's a win.

eventually team problems will catch up to you and won't win

From the thread topic:

"couldn't help but laugh after hearing that when the Chiefs play like shit against the redskins and DV is out there handing out gameballs and shit."

Seems to me like the Washington game was the point and that the Dolphins will beat the Chiefs because of some perception that the Chiefs were happy with a "terrible win".

Hydrae
10-21-2005, 01:24 PM
I wouldn't be suprised to see the Dolphins beat you guys. They've got a pretty good run defense, and can get pressure on the quarterback.

Might be tough with Taylor and Seau not playing.

Mr. Laz
10-21-2005, 01:24 PM
From the thread topic:

"couldn't help but laugh after hearing that when the Chiefs play like shit against the redskins and DV is out there handing out gameballs and shit."

Seems to me like the Washington game was the point and that the Dolphins will beat the Chiefs because of some perception that the Chiefs were happy with a "terrible win".
true ... your right

i guess i just ignored(habit) all the editorializing as smack, and was concentrating on Saban's comments and how it might apply to the chiefs. :shrug:

B_Ambuehl
10-21-2005, 01:29 PM
Well if you want it spelled out the point is this:

If somebody like Saban were coach he would've been saying something like "well we got lucky. Our defense played like shit and our offense didn't execute the way we expect them too. We're gonna have to get better next week or we're gonna have a very tough time aight. One of the dangers of winning like this is you don't play well and don't think you need to do the little things to win and it jumps up and bites you in the butt aight.

Now the positives. We were able to take the ball away and that won us the game.

But instead DV says:

Boy I'll tell you what our defense did a fantastic job taking the ball away and won us the ball game and Jared Allen was a monster. He got the game ball and it wasn't a tough decision.

See the difference??

Now that doesn't mean I expect the Chiefs to get blown out. They're playing a far less talented team. The fact that they (the dolphins) have 2 wins and have been competitive and even impressive is suprising to me considering their offensive line. But I would not be at all surprised to see the Chiefs lose tonight and would not be surprised to hear them playing with no drive, energy, enthusiasm, ala at Denver.

Keep reading B_Ambhuel's posts. He's got plenty more.

Why do I sense a hint of jealousy in that post? I can't help it you're a dumbass with nothing to offer.

Taco John
10-21-2005, 01:49 PM
Might be tough with Taylor and Seau not playing.

Ah, forget it then... I didn't catch that. You guys should win this game easy. No way they'll be able to stop your running game without those key pegs.

CupidStunt
10-21-2005, 01:51 PM
Exactly. The Skins game was not THAT bad...

Exactly what I was thinking.

It wasn't pretty, but it wasn't a terrible game at all.

Some of you fuggers claiming to be "fans" (the operative word) are a disgrace.

If you're lucky enough to have access to the game tonight, don't bother watching it. Because in the pouring rain against a tough team on the road, it AIN'T gonna be pretty.

CupidStunt
10-21-2005, 01:54 PM
You guys should win this game easy.

Don't act stupid.

Your 5-1 team got raped by the Dolphins.

The Chiefs arrived in Miami about 2 hours ago. The game starts in THREE hours.

Nothing will be easy.

htismaqe
10-21-2005, 02:31 PM
Well if you want it spelled out the point is this:

If somebody like Saban were coach he would've been saying something like "well we got lucky. Our defense played like shit and our offense didn't execute the way we expect them too. We're gonna have to get better next week or we're gonna have a very tough time aight. One of the dangers of winning like this is you don't play well and don't think you need to do the little things to win and it jumps up and bites you in the butt aight.

Now the positives. We were able to take the ball away and that won us the game.

But instead DV says:

Boy I'll tell you what our defense did a fantastic job taking the ball away and won us the ball game and Jared Allen was a monster. He got the game ball and it wasn't a tough decision.

See the difference??

Now that doesn't mean I expect the Chiefs to get blown out. They're playing a far less talented team. The fact that they (the dolphins) have 2 wins and have been competitive and even impressive is suprising to me considering their offensive line. But I would not be at all surprised to see the Chiefs lose tonight and would not be surprised to hear them playing with no drive, energy, enthusiasm, ala at Denver.

I see the difference.

Just what is Saban's NFL coaching record? How many playoff games has he won? How about Super Bowls?

You created a list of "overhyped flavor of the months" that included Weis and Crennel, but you conveniently left off SABAN.

KC Dan
10-21-2005, 02:32 PM
Ah, forget it then... I didn't catch that. You guys should win this game easy. No way they'll be able to stop your running game without those key pegs.
Screw you and that reverse psychology crap

ck_IN
10-21-2005, 02:33 PM
<i>i think it's about the philosophy of being satisfied with an ugly win just because it's a win.</i>

We have a winner. Even if the board seems to want to obfusticate the message.

DV pats his boys in the head and gives them hugs and tells them all will be ok no matter what.

They've needed their butts kicked up square with their shoulders on many occasions in the past 4 or so years but it's never happened.

That's why this team is a collection of whiners and crybaby's.

Chiefnj
10-21-2005, 02:55 PM
<i>i think it's about the philosophy of being satisfied with an ugly win just because it's a win.</i>

We have a winner. Even if the board seems to want to obfusticate the message.

DV pats his boys in the head and gives them hugs and tells them all will be ok no matter what.

They've needed their butts kicked up square with their shoulders on many occasions in the past 4 or so years but it's never happened.

You usually don't come around until after a loss, you're a few hours early today. :)

ck_IN
10-21-2005, 03:26 PM
<i>You usually don't come around until after a loss, you're a few hours early today.</i>

It's a slow day at work. What can I say :harumph:

My timing still doesn't detract from my message.

RINGLEADER
10-21-2005, 04:24 PM

Between traveling and playing on the same day...playing in a tropical storm...playing on one day's worth of practice...etc...etc...I think this game is probably going to turn one way or the other fairly early and one team is going to pull away. Someone will get up...there will be turnovers...and that will be it. Kind of like the Broncos-Dolphins game.

Mr. Laz
10-21-2005, 04:38 PM
want to obfusticate the message.
up fusti cat's what?

laz~

:stupid:

Warrior5
10-21-2005, 09:47 PM
Sure am glad Saban's theory didn't apply tonight.

Darkwolfe
10-21-2005, 10:58 PM

Sure didn't. Apparantly Saban's theory needs a little more work. There's a nice trash can just waiting to hold it.

Lock it, chock it and call it a night. Chiefs have neatly pulled off the improbable.

tk13
10-21-2005, 11:02 PM
ROFL Niiiice....

stevieray
10-21-2005, 11:03 PM
<i>i

4-2

B_Ambuehl
10-22-2005, 09:08 AM
Did anyone hear Dick on the pregame show getting asked about the subject of this thread?? Mitch or someone brought this point up about Saban saying the worst thing a team can do is play bad and win and Dick got real defensive for a second said "I don't know who he's referring to but I'll take a win any way I can get it"

Good thing Saban's theory got shot to hell though :).

You created a list of "overhyped flavor of the months" that included Weis and Crennel, but you conveniently left off SABAN.

True. That's because I obviously don't think Saban is like the others. Like I said already I can't stand him but over the next 5 years he scares the shit out of me in the AFC. Crennel, Weis, Brad Childress, et al. don't provoke that same fear. He got stomped last night but that team is terrible talentwise and i'm surprised those type of blowouts haven't been happening sooner. Guess we will see in 5 years though. :) Maybe he'll end up like Spurrier and my fears are completely unfounded?

Straight, No Chaser
10-22-2005, 09:16 AM
... Like I said already I can't stand him but over the next 5 years he scares the shit out of me in the AFC. Crennel, Weis, Brad Childress, et al. don't provoke that same fear. He got stomped last night but that team is terrible talentwise and i'm surprised those type of blowouts haven't been happening sooner. Guess we will see in 5 years though...

The Fins are not totally talentless.. at least if you take the time to look at the their defensive stats before last night.

They got stomped by the Chiefs. How about a little credit?

As far as Saban is concerned, as of today, he's just another hyped up former college coach who is taking a stab at the big show. He doesn't scare anybody. Sorry. The last time I checked, his college record doesn't count in the NFL.

--->

B_Ambuehl
10-22-2005, 09:23 AM
They're not totally talentless but their offensive line precludes their skill position players from doing anything offensively whatoseover. I watched them last year against Cincinatti and their offensive line was the worst i'd ever seen. I watched them this preseason and their offensive line was still the 2nd worst I'd ever seen. That eliminates everything they can do on offense. Hell, people wonder why Ricky Williams hauled ass out of there last year.....ask any running back and they'll tell you why.

Defensively, they lost their 2 best players in the secondary to us. Overall it's perfectly understandable why some preseason predictions had them winning 3-4 games all year.

Skip Towne
10-22-2005, 09:41 AM
Looks like you were wrong again. Shocking!!

Calcountry
10-22-2005, 11:44 AM
Looks like you were wrong again. Shocking!!No, thats not wrong, its just trolling with style.