PDA

View Full Version : I am sooooo impressed

siberian khatru
10-21-2005, 08:30 PM
A dominating performance regardless of the circumstances.

But given the circumstances ... really, really impressive. Great character, guys.

I thought Saunders fell in love with the pass too much, wish the D would stop giving up monster plays. But overall, so many good things to see, on both sides of the ball.

Best game since Week 1, easily. We shredded a very good defense, on the road, with short planning time, playing just hours after landing in Miami.

What can I say. I'm extremely happy.

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-21-2005, 09:08 PM
i know exatly where you are coming from on this

nice thread wink

the Talking Can
10-21-2005, 11:54 PM
I was going to say the same thing, so why start another thread

We did what good teams should do to bad teams.

Our OL was fantastic...that more than anything makes me feel good.

And the D, god bless 'em, they still make some bone headed plays but they hit hard...and our run D is stout...amazing without Sims, or is it?

Props to teh DL, even (puke) Hicks!

Surtain looked like a $50 mill CB. That hit he put on whoever to stop a first down and his coverage in the endzone were plays we wouldn't have made last year.

SWEET.

ChiefsFanatic
10-22-2005, 12:08 AM
Surtain looked like a $50 mill CB. That hit he put on whoever to stop a first down and his coverage in the endzone were plays we wouldn't have made last year.

SWEET.

After watching on Tivo, it looks like Booker was already stepping out of bounds when Surtain hit him. Maybe Booker knew that Surtain was gonna lay some wood.

Sure-Oz
10-22-2005, 12:35 AM
they have a good defense it was great to see our O put up #'s and get Gonzo involved is a major key!

keg in kc
10-22-2005, 12:47 AM
That was as impressive a win as I've seen in a while. It wasn't a fluke, we destroyed them. The two big plays sucked in terms of "god damn, another highlight reel play", but all they did was make the score appear much, much closer than the game actually was. Which is saying something, since we won by 10. Miami had no chance.

Hammock Parties
10-22-2005, 12:50 AM
That was as impressive a win as I've seen in a while. It wasn't a fluke, we destroyed them. The two big plays sucked in terms of "god damn, another highlight reel play", but all they did was make the score appear much, much closer than the game actually was. Which is saying something, since we won by 10. Miami had no chance.

Pretty much the way I feel about it. Miami sucks ass on the road, but they've looked good at home before tonight. The Chiefs were put into a VERY tough situation by the league and they looked the best they've looked since the opener.

keg in kc
10-22-2005, 12:54 AM
The travel was tough, but I'm not sure the hurricane didn't neuter Miami's home field advantage. I've seen preseason games with more people in the stands. The crowd didn't have any impact.

Eleazar
10-22-2005, 12:58 AM
Shouldn't have given up the big play, but Brown made a hell of a play shaking of a hit that would have brought most guys in the league down.

Missed a good chunk of the second half, but the offense seems back on track and the D has stepped up fairly well in the past two games.

Definitely the best I have felt about the team since week 1.

keg in kc
10-22-2005, 12:58 AM
It's not a...nice...thing to say, but I like seeing our defense knock people silly. That toughness we've all been looking is showing up more and more every week. It won us last week's game and it got us a blowout this week.

Next week's game is going to be interesting. I don't think we'll win, but I do think we can.

Even if we don't, beat Oakland at home in two weeks and we're sitting pretty at 5-3.

keg in kc
10-22-2005, 01:00 AM
Definitely the best I have felt about the team since week 1.You know, I felt really good about last week's game. That was a different kind of win, something we haven't seen this team do. It was a street fight kind of win, instead of a finesse win.

Today was kind of a street fight, too. We built the lead, so there was that part of it, but instead of walking away or going into cruise control, we kept kicking them in the face once they were down.

Demonpenz
10-22-2005, 01:01 AM
I almost stoppoted sucking crrackinfg

Eleazar
10-22-2005, 01:09 AM
You know, I felt really good about last week's game. That was a different kind of win, something we haven't seen this team do. It was a street fight kind of win, instead of a finesse win.

Yeah, it also sounds cliche to say, but good teams need to be able to win all different kinds of games. The shootouts and the bruisers. When your gameplan works and when it doesn't and you have to make adjustments. Coming back and holding down a lead both.

It's the benefit of having a veteran team, maybe you have some guys lining up that are not in their prime any longer or don't have a step that they used to have, but still know mentally how to get it done.

keg in kc
10-22-2005, 01:18 AM
I don't think we've played anything close to our best game yet, either. If we can stay healthy, we aren't going to be a team people want to see in November and December.

The thing about the defense tonight that was a sign of improvement to me was that, although we did give up the perennially frustrating big plays, they got nothing else. Just one long drive, and that ended in a field goal. Eight punts (with four 3-and-outs). They held ball for 2 minutes or less on 11 of their 13 possessions, and never held it for 3 minutes.

That to me was a big step forward. And I think the next step that will come - will come - is the game where we don't give up the big play. Because I think the defense is showing steady improvement now.

And it was all the more impressive to me because it wasn't at Arrowhead. They didn't have any help from the crowd.

Hammock Parties
10-22-2005, 01:33 AM
Great points, Keg.

I'm just glad the Chiefs haven't dug themselves an early hole. That's even more encouraging, because the Chiefs have always finished their seasons strong under Vermeil.

PHOG
10-22-2005, 01:43 AM
It's not a...nice...thing to say, but I like seeing our defense knock people silly. That toughness we've all been looking is showing up more and more every week. It won us last week's game and it got us a blowout this week.

Next week's game is going to be interesting. I don't think we'll win, but I do think we can.

Even if we don't, beat Oakland at home in two weeks and we're sitting pretty at 5-3.

6-2, that's all we need to do, none of this 5-3 BS.

Put it to 'em boys. Mediocre(sp) won't get it anymore. Let's raise the bar just until it won't raise anymore.

Next up: SD and the Marty's....

keg in kc
10-22-2005, 02:06 AM
Road games in the NFL are killer. Division road games are even worse, and SD's the defending champ. I'll say "we can win". Because it's possible. I'll say "we may win" and "I hope we do win". But I won't say "we will win".

And it won't be the end of the world if we don't. We'll lose a few games this year. That's reality.

But it would be sweet if we do. I think it would take our best effort of the season so far.