PDA

View Full Version : No Dexter...Chiefs play great on D...coincidence?

Hammock Parties
10-21-2005, 09:27 PM
Warfield started tonight and from what I've heard the D looked great.

Will Warfield start the rest of the season?

RedThat
10-21-2005, 09:34 PM
I thought Warfield didnt play all that well. He got schooled by Booker in the end zone. Luckily Gus Ferotte was throwing that ball. Had that been McNabb. or any other QB, thats a TD. He was also covering Chambers on that 77 yd TD. Bad tackling by Warfield on Ronnie Brown by the goaline. Wasnt all that impressed with Warfield.

Wesley needs to go. That long TD run by Brown, he got bulldozed over. He has to wrap up. Instead of hitting. Bad tackling.

Frazod
10-21-2005, 09:36 PM
McPasson needs to go away. Mad or otherwise, I don't give a shit.

Pants
10-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Two words: Gus Frerottetereretter.

milkman
10-21-2005, 09:39 PM
McPasson needs to go away. Mad or otherwise, I don't give a shit.

I agree.

I'd be willing to bet at this point that the groin injury becomes "lingering".

Hammock Parties
10-21-2005, 09:41 PM

That bad huh?

Frazod
10-21-2005, 09:41 PM

Sorry. McPasson made an over-the-hill Brunell look like an in-his-prime Montana.

Pants
10-21-2005, 09:43 PM
Sorry. McPasson made an over-the-hill Brunell look like an in-his-prime Montana.

ROFL

Touche.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-21-2005, 09:48 PM
Frerotte/Pennington are by far the worst QBs the Chiefs have faced

QB-games-INTs-Fumbles...tds

Pennington-3g-3-8...2
Collins-5g-1-3...6
Plummer-6g-3-2...7
Brunell-5g-2-3...9
Frerotte-6g-5-5...4

~still hope Dexter never sees the starting lineup again

Darkwolfe
10-21-2005, 10:37 PM
Just FWIW, KCFX commentator (name forgotten, I was driving) quipped off about the Defense playing exceptionally well and McCleon not being on the field. He said it was just his opinion of course....

HolmeZz
10-21-2005, 10:58 PM
Aside from the lapses on the two big plays, they played pretty well. Frerotte did miss a few open receivers though so we got some help. :)

Mark M
10-21-2005, 11:10 PM
I was thinking the other day how odd it was that most of us Chiefs fans were actually wanting Warfield in the lineup.

The odds of that happening a few years ago would've been the same as Denise and KC Wolfman having an affair.

I'm not sure if it's that Warfield has improved, Dex is just that bad, or a bit of both.

Wesley needs to go.
Afuqingmen. I'd actually like to see Bartee get the nod. I know that may sound like lunacy, but Bartee's problem was never speed, tackling or diagnosing a play -- it was an inability to turn his head.

Wesley is constantly out of position, late in coverage and tries to throw a shoulder, rather than wrapping up. He's become a liability, IMHO.

MM
~~:arrow:

HolmeZz
10-21-2005, 11:14 PM
Wesley's a playmaker. It's just they're not always good plays. :shrug:

He picked off a pass tonight, but he also bounced right off Ronnie Brown on that TD run.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2005, 11:15 PM
Wesley's been one of my favorite defensive players for a while now, but it's becoming apparent he's an all or nothing kind of guy.

Mark M
10-21-2005, 11:20 PM
Wesley's a playmaker. It's just they're not always good plays. :shrug:

He picked off a pass tonight, but he also bounced right off Ronnie Brown on that TD run.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. :)

The INT was luck more than pure skill, and he screwed the pooch not just on Brown's TD, but on several other plays as well. Again, it's due to him throwing a shoulder into a guy rather than just trying to make the damn tackle.

And he's slower than the last day of school -- look at some of the big pass plays this year (and last) and time and again he's been late on his deep responsibility.

Bartee is faster, tackles better, and IMHO should get some playing time at FS.

And I cannot believe I just typed "Bartee should get some playing time." It must be my bed time.

MM
~~:D

ChiefsFanatic
10-21-2005, 11:46 PM
Warfield was not the only one who got beat on that Chambers play. He was not quite a full step behind Chambers, and Knight should have played the man and not the ball.

HolmeZz
10-22-2005, 12:11 AM
You can argue whether it' s talent or luck, but Wesley definitely has a knack for making the pick. He had one against Washington that got called back because of McCleon.

He also had that one against Atlanta(think it was the Falcs) last year that was a beauty. The one where he dove while he was kinda running in the other direction. He also picked off Manning to secure the win against Indy in '04.

Like The 'Cheese said, it's all or nothing with him.