PDA

View Full Version : Sports Broadcasting Act of 1961

Sig Kauffman
10-21-2005, 10:42 PM
The reason folks outside of Kansas City and Miami could not see the game tonight is because of a federal law that's been in place since 1961 that forbids the NFL from airing games on Fridays and Saturdays during the high-school and college football seasons.

Read this article to learn more: http://slate.msn.com/id/2106697/fr/rss

redsurfer11
10-22-2005, 03:24 AM
This law was written during the times when local markets only had 4-7 TV stations available to them. Today, with cable and satelite, we get over 100 stations. This law should be rewritten to allow certain restrictions for games moved from their origional schedules by "Acts of God.

Rausch
10-22-2005, 04:22 AM
The reason folks outside of Kansas City and Miami could not see the game tonight is because of a federal law that's been in place since 1961 that forbids the NFL from airing games on Fridays and Saturdays during the high-school and college football seasons.

Read this article to learn more: http://slate.msn.com/id/2106697/fr/rss

NOTHING good happened in-.......er...wait.

StcChief
10-22-2005, 07:58 AM
Sent a note regarding review of this antequated law to Rep. Threlkeld of MO. (my state district)
I will also send it on to Talent/Bond.

KC Jones
10-22-2005, 08:04 AM
We have lots of archaic laws on the books when it comes to the airwaves and communicatio media. I'm never certain which is worse - FCC regulators following assinine archaic restrictions or corporate entities deciding to deny legitimate uses of infratstructure paid for by tax dollars. For instance certain ISPs are deciding to implement network blocking for VOIP, to prevent their customers using the internet for voice communications instead of their telephone business.

:shake:

:hmmm: Hope I didn't force this to move to the DC graveyard, er forum.

|Zach|
10-22-2005, 08:10 AM
I support this law.

teedubya
10-22-2005, 08:38 AM
Sent a note regarding review of this antequated law to Rep. Threlkeld of MO. (my state district)
I will also send it on to Talent/Bond.

you know mentioning rep in your posts is just asking for neg rep...

:-p

Skip Towne
10-22-2005, 08:42 AM
Better go arrest them for broadcasting it in KC.