PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Help Anyone?

CosmicPal
10-22-2005, 10:33 AM
Anyone familiar with iTunes?

I'm pretty fuggen pissed right now!!!! I downloaded the latest version of iTunes and the fugger converted all 18.6 GB's of music in MPEG4 files!

I just now took the time to re-Import a few CD's as original audio files and replaced the MPEG files. But, I just did a burn on these audio files and STILL- the damn thing won't play the original audio files!

Not to mention, all of that fuggen music I purchased off the web has been converted to MPEG4 files and I can't convert those or burn them to CD's now either.

Apple owes me some goddamn credit!!!

I am so pissed right now, I don't know what to do. Puhhhhlleeezeee, if anyone knows any resolutions, I'd greatly appreciate it. Many emails to Apple support have gone unheeded and I'm not paying $50.00 to call them fuggers.

|Zach|
10-22-2005, 10:36 AM
I have no idea how they could have done that...thats not the format they like to use...

Rausch
10-22-2005, 10:45 AM
Go to iTunes preferences and click the import tab.

THere you pick what file format you want to rip/burn...

CosmicPal
10-22-2005, 10:50 AM
Go to iTunes preferences and click the import tab.

THere you pick what file format you want to rip/burn...

I understand that. That's not the problem.

I've already had 18 GB's of music imported as audio files and all was well. But, when I upgraded to the iTunes latest version, it changed every one of those files into MPEG files!

I was wrong about one thing- it did burn the audio files- I tried it on a CD player, and the songs did play. However, my Windows Media Player doesn't seem to recognize them.

At least for now, I know it's burning to the CD's. The thing that ticks me off is I now have to convert over 3,000 songs to audio files.

I'm in for a long azz weekend.

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-22-2005, 10:54 AM
you should be able to convert them back to mp3, no problem, then they will play again

Rausch
10-22-2005, 11:20 AM
I understand that. That's not the problem.

I've already had 18 GB's of music imported as audio files and all was well. But, when I upgraded to the iTunes latest version, it changed every one of those files into MPEG files!

I was wrong about one thing- it did burn the audio files- I tried it on a CD player, and the songs did play. However, my Windows Media Player doesn't seem to recognize them.

At least for now, I know it's burning to the CD's. The thing that ticks me off is I now have to convert over 3,000 songs to audio files.

I'm in for a long azz weekend.

I have no idea what you're talking about now.

I have iTunes and it's never changed any file to any other type of file.

I don't know if it's something stupid and $#itty they did when they moved it to PC or if it's a PC problem.

CosmicPal
10-22-2005, 11:26 AM

I don't know if it's something stupid and $#itty they did when they moved it to PC or if it's a PC problem.

It has everything to do with me upgrading to a new iTunes.

This is the weirdest thing- I just installed RealPlayer for the hell of it, and it converted all of those songs back into audio files!!! I am now burning an audio CD using RealPlayer.

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-22-2005, 11:26 AM

its under the tools

convert files change them back to mp3

watch yourself in there though, there is a protical that will no longer let you use your music if you lock yourself out of it

Rausch
10-22-2005, 11:32 AM
It has everything to do with me upgrading to a new iTunes.

This is the weirdest thing- I just installed RealPlayer for the hell of it, and it converted all of those songs back into audio files!!! I am now burning an audio CD using RealPlayer.

Holy $#it!

Someone found RealPlayer useful!?!

CosmicPal
10-22-2005, 11:35 AM
Thanks for your help guys....whew!

RealPlayer is the lifesaver! The audio burn to a blank CD was a success. Fugg iTunes!

Warning to you- don't upgrade to the latest version of iTunes unless you have back-ups. Otherwise, you'll have to convert them back again using a different media.

CosmicPal
10-22-2005, 11:37 AM
Holy $#it!

Someone found RealPlayer useful!?!

Funny, isn't it?

Damn- I was NOT looking forward to having to re-Import over 300 fuggen CD's again.

Rausch
10-22-2005, 11:39 AM
Funny, isn't it?

Damn- I was NOT looking forward to having to re-Import over 300 fuggen CD's again.

BTW, if the new version of iTunes does stupid $#it like that (I use iTunes 4.9) I won't be d/loading the new release.

And thanks for the heads up... :)

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-22-2005, 11:45 AM
real player, that is amazing, f*cking amazing

i must go and see if pigs are flying, and i bet it is cold in hell.

CosmicPal
10-22-2005, 11:46 AM
BTW, if the new version of iTunes does stupid $#it like that (I use iTunes 4.9) I won't be d/loading the new release.

And thanks for the heads up... :)

You're welcome...I should've known better. I can now get rid of musicmatch which I thought would help, but they were of no help at all. I'm going to have to see if I can't get my money back from them.

RealPlayer's music store sucks...so, I'll keep iTunes for the store and RP for the burning...

DRU
10-22-2005, 08:06 PM
I just use Media Player for everything. Never had a single problem. I've never understood why people don't just use it. It comes with Windows. Why bother downloading and hassling with other stuff?

|Zach|
10-22-2005, 08:13 PM
I love ITunes. It is my music organizer of choice.

DRU
10-22-2005, 08:22 PM
Why?

Hammock Parties
10-22-2005, 08:24 PM
I just use Media Player for everything. Never had a single problem. I've never understood why people don't just use it. It comes with Windows. Why bother downloading and hassling with other stuff?

Word. Well, I use media player classic because it's not as bloated but same difference.

|Zach|
10-22-2005, 08:40 PM
Why?
Because I buy some not all of my music from it. They have a lot of stuff I just can't find online. I was also getting sick of the shitty quality. I enjoy the music videos and the interesting lists and different music features that have helped me discover some new tunes.

The organization of the songs is really simple and good IMO. I did some things with WMP and it isn't bad it seemed like sorting was harder than it had to be. ITunes was a lot cleaner experience for me. The burning and the lists work well. They have been holding my 17 gigs of music ever since.

DRU
10-22-2005, 08:44 PM
Hey, that's cool. I guess that's the great thing of having so many different apps is that we all have an opinion and a choice.

Though I do find it a little hard to believe there's music you can't find online. What are you buying? Sounds to me like you need to be introced to Direct Connect (DC++)

|Zach|
10-22-2005, 08:46 PM
Hey, that's cool. I guess that's the great thing of having so many different apps is that we all have an opinion and a choice.

Though I do find it a little hard to believe there's music you can't find online. What are you buying? Sounds to me like you need to be introced to Direct Connect (DC++)
A lot of old stuff...and some stuff that just is not listened to alot. Also Itunes has a great slate of original content...it seems a lot of groups I enjoy have been doing stuff with them. It would take a long time for that new music to filter through the net.

Pitt Gorilla
10-22-2005, 09:07 PM
This isn't typical behavior. I have the new iTunes on my PC and it leaves the files alone. I don't know what you're doing, but it doesn't seem to be a new iTunes deal (that I can see).

CosmicPal
10-22-2005, 09:11 PM
This isn't typical behavior. I have the new iTunes on my PC and it leaves the files alone. I don't know what you're doing, but it doesn't seem to be a new iTunes deal (that I can see).

All I did was upgrade to the latest version. I already had 18 GB of audio files in iTunes, and all was well. I then upgraded to the new version- and walllah...everything's an MPEG.

But, all is fine again...

DRU
10-22-2005, 09:12 PM
Sounds like it may have simply changed the file extension on your audio files and realplayer changed em back.

patteeu
10-22-2005, 09:26 PM
All I did was upgrade to the latest version. I already had 18 GB of audio files in iTunes, and all was well. I then upgraded to the new version- and walllah...everything's an MPEG.

But, all is fine again...

When you had your old iTunes installed, did you have the "Keep iTunes music folder organized" checkbox checked? If so, it might have just automatically converted your tunes. It seems like I remember some problem like this with an early release of iTunes, but I don't remember the details.