10-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Stick Men (http://www.brainkick.com/)

Hammock Parties
10-22-2005, 04:31 PM
http://www.brainkick.com/platform3.gif

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 04:36 PM
http://www.brainkick.com/platform3.gif
I sent Kevin that same gif about a year ago. It looks really trippy when you post them side by side and on top of each other.

go bo
10-22-2005, 04:47 PM
hey fourth...

i've got a pharmaceutical question for you...

what's the name of the hypnotic (sedative?) that they use for surgeries where the patient essentially is awake and responds to commands, but you don't feel anything and you are not consciously aware and when you "wake up" you can't remember anything since they put that iv in a second ago, when it was really more like 30 or 40 minutes?

(wow, that sentence could make me qualified for the supreme court...)

unlurking
10-22-2005, 04:51 PM
hey fourth...

what's the name of the hypnotic (sedative?) that they use for surgeries where the patient essentially is awake and responds to commands, but you don't feel anything and you are not consciously aware and when you "wake up" you can't remember anything since they put that iv in a second ago, when it was really more like 30 or 40 minutes?

Life?

Or is that just me?

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 04:58 PM
hey fourth...

I'm not sure you have your facts straight. Local anesthetics can be used to keep patients awake while doing "minor" surgery but you ARE aware of your surroundings and you have a memory of the events.

You may be thinking of Versed (Midazolam). It's used for things like colonoscopies but it puts you to sleep. It does however, have the side effect of short term memory loss.

I took an old girl friend in to have an upper GI scope many years ago and they used Versed on her. After the scope, she was sitting up, having her vitals checked and I was there with her, holding her hand, etc., doing the good boy friend thing. The doc, whom I had not met up to this point, comes in and all three of us chit chat about the preliminary results and a possible followup. This lasts for about 5 minutes.

I helped her back to the dressing room and helped her get dressed. She was still a bit woozy. She said, "I'm hungry. I want Subway." So I took her to Subway.

We placed our order, got our food and sat down to eat. I said to her, "That doctor sure was a nice guy." She looked at me confused and said, "When did you meet the doctor?" I said, "While you were in the recovery room."

"You weren't in the recovery room." she said. I replied, "Sure I was hon. I held your hand and the doc came in and we talked for a while, then I helped you get dressed." She said, "I remember you helping me get dressed but there's no way you were in the recovery room, nor did you meet the doctor."

I said, "Yes dear. I did." She smirked and said, "OK wise guy, if you met the doc, what color was the shirt was he wearing?"

"A yellow and white striped shirt." I replied with a smile. This drive her nuts for hours until I explained to her about the side effects of Versed. :D

Herzig
10-22-2005, 05:03 PM
I'm having old Commodore 64 Lode Runner flashbacks

PastorMikH
10-22-2005, 06:07 PM
hey fourth...

Sounds like whiskey.

listopencil
10-22-2005, 06:35 PM
Program for Rain Man:

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Program for Rain Man:
Whassat?

listopencil
10-22-2005, 06:37 PM
Whassat?

It lets you create your own animated stick figures as gifs.

JimNasium
10-22-2005, 06:39 PM
I'm not sure you have your facts straight. Local anesthetics can be used to keep patients awake while doing "minor" surgery but you ARE aware of your surroundings and you have a memory of the events.

You may be thinking of Versed (Midazolam). It's used for things like colonoscopies but it puts you to sleep. It does however, have the side effect of short term memory loss.

I took an old girl friend in to have an upper GI scope many years ago and they used Versed on her. After the scope, she was sitting up, having her vitals checked and I was there with her, holding her hand, etc., doing the good boy friend thing. The doc, whom I had not met up to this point, comes in and all three of us chit chat about the preliminary results and a possible followup. This lasts for about 5 minutes.

I helped her back to the dressing room and helped her get dressed. She was still a bit woozy. She said, "I'm hungry. I want Subway." So I took her to Subway.

We placed our order, got our food and sat down to eat. I said to her, "That doctor sure was a nice guy." She looked at me confused and said, "When did you meet the doctor?" I said, "While you were in the recovery room."

"You weren't in the recovery room." she said. I replied, "Sure I was hon. I held your hand and the doc came in and we talked for a while, then I helped you get dressed." She said, "I remember you helping me get dressed but there's no way you were in the recovery room, nor did you meet the doctor."

I said, "Yes dear. I did." She smirked and said, "OK wise guy, if you met the doc, what color was the shirt was he wearing?"

"A yellow and white striped shirt." I replied with a smile. This drive her nuts for hours until I explained to her about the side effects of Versed. :D
I had my upper GI scoped about 6 months ago and they gave me the same stuff. Bad, bad, bad, bad stuff. You wake up and think you are fine but you are really FUBAR. It's not until hours later that you realize just how wacked you really were. I never want that again but know I'll get it when they take me in for the dreaded colonoscopy (sp?).

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 06:42 PM
I had my upper GI scoped about 6 months ago and they gave me the same stuff. Bad, bad, bad, bad stuff. You wake up and think you are fine but you are really FUBAR. It's not until hours later that you realize just how wacked you really were. I never want that again but know I'll get it when they take me in for the dreaded colonoscopy (sp?).
ROFL

VERSED KICKS ASS!!! ...... from a spectators standpoint anyway. :D

|Zach|
Do they take you to dinner before that?

listopencil
You wake up and think you are fine but you are really FUBAR. It's not until hours later that you realize just how wacked you really were.

Hmmm...what's this stuff called again? Just to be sure I never use it, I mean. Or...uh...research purposes.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 06:43 PM
Hmmm...what's this stuff called again? Just to be sure I never use it, I mean.
Brand Name: Versed
Generic Name: Midazolam.

It's good stuff, Maynard!

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 06:44 PM
It lets you create your own animated stick figures as gifs.
Coolies. Does it have it's own uninstall file or will it leave crap behind in my registry when I try and uninstall it?

JimNasium
10-22-2005, 06:44 PM
Do they take you to dinner before that?
Nah, they clean you out squeaky......so to speak. They don't want to run into any....er....foreign matter with their plumber's friend. :( :shake:

JimNasium
10-22-2005, 06:45 PM
Hmmm...what's this stuff called again? Just to be sure I never use it, I mean. Or...uh...research purposes.
I've never been that whacked in my entire life and I've never been one to do things in moderation. :shake:

|Zach|
10-22-2005, 06:46 PM
Nah, they clean you out squeaky......so to speak. They don't want to run into any....er....foreign matter with their plumber's friend. :( :shake:
Jim, I would never lie to you.

This is the best post you have ever made.

Ever.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 06:47 PM
Remember Jim, a Fleets Prep Kit #3 is your friend. :D

JimNasium
10-22-2005, 06:47 PM
Remember Jim, a Fleets Prep Kit #3 is your friend. :D
:deevee:

listopencil
10-22-2005, 08:10 PM
Coolies. Does it have it's own uninstall file or will it leave crap behind in my registry when I try and uninstall it?

No uninstall, you'll have to clean up after it.

4th and Long
10-22-2005, 08:12 PM
No uninstall, you'll have to clean up after it.
Thanks. I'll have to pass on the fun.

patteeu
10-22-2005, 09:18 PM
Versed is the BEST!

Rain Man
10-23-2005, 07:57 AM
Cool. I'll have to check this stuff out.

As an aside, I would like to express my disappointment that 4th and Long had a girl undressed and with short-term memory loss, and his grand idea was to help her get dressed. There was nothing else you had in mind, bub?

4th and Long
10-23-2005, 08:05 AM
Cool. I'll have to check this stuff out.

As an aside, I would like to express my disappointment that 4th and Long had a girl undressed and with short-term memory loss, and his grand idea was to help her get dressed. There was nothing else you had in mind, bub?
Let me explain this to you, bub. Pay attention.

We were in a physician's clinic, in a dressing room that had no locks on the door, where the staff could walk through whenever they felt like it. Probably not the best place to try and get a little honey for my stinger.

Besides, the last thing I needed was my girl friend being unable to remember the greatest 3 minutes of her life.

Rain Man
10-23-2005, 08:10 AM
Let me explain this to you, bub. Pay attention.

We were in a physician's clinic, in a dressing room that had no locks on the door, where the staff could walk through whenever they felt like it. Probably not the best place to try and get a little honey for my stinger.

Besides, the last thing I needed was my girl friend being unable to remember the greatest 3 minutes of her life.

Excuses, excuses. You were only one horny bi-curious nurse away from a threesome. You owed it to men everywhere to give it a try.

4th and Long
10-23-2005, 08:11 AM
Excuses, excuses. You were only one horny bi-curious nurse away from a threesome. You owed it to men everywhere to give it a try.
Ummm .... FYI, the nurse that was assisting with the procedure was male, you sick freak.

Rain Man
10-23-2005, 08:16 AM
Ummm .... FYI, the nurse that was assisting with the procedure was male, you sick freak.

Oh, god. Never mind. Sorry about that.

4th and Long
10-23-2005, 08:22 AM
Oh, god. Never mind. Sorry about that.
Apology accepted, although I'd think a man with your knack for statistics would know better than to assume a nurse will always be female. :shake:

Rain Man
10-23-2005, 09:55 AM
Apology accepted, although I'd think a man with your knack for statistics would know better than to assume a nurse will always be female. :shake:

I assume that everyone is an attractive, bi-curious female until proven otherwise. It's part of my natural optimism.

For example, I envision you as a 5'8" redhead named Elizabeth whose hobbies are beach volleyball and Hugh Hefner parties. I'm hoping we never meet in person.

4th and Long
10-23-2005, 10:52 AM
I assume that everyone is an attractive, bi-curious female until proven otherwise. It's part of my natural optimism.

For example, I envision you as a 5'8" redhead named Elizabeth whose hobbies are beach volleyball and Hugh Hefner parties. I'm hoping we never meet in person.
:spock:

Rain Man
10-23-2005, 10:54 AM
:spock:

You're beautiful when you're confused.

4th and Long
10-23-2005, 10:58 AM
You're beautiful when you're confused.
I swear to God, after this thread, if we DO ever meet, I'm going to hit you 3 different ways:
Fast,
Hard,
and Continuously!

go bo
10-23-2005, 11:14 AM

"A yellow and white striped shirt." I replied with a smile. This drive her nuts for hours until I explained to her about the side effects of Versed. :Dok, i may be wrong about it being a "hypnotic", although i've got that in my head somehow...

these are the "facts": i had a bad abscess in my neck and i was going to have emergency outpatient surgery, but when i got to the hospital there was some delay with the o.r., so my ent guy said he would do it in the er, using some drug through an iv that made me unconscious in terms of pain and memory of the event, but the doc said i was responsive and even talking about past experiences with dentists and doctors...

i don't remember anything after the iv got going good until he was all done and they woke me up somehow...

i thought somebody said hypnotic before they started the iv, but it might have been something else altogether...

if it was fun, i don't remember it, so it wasn't much fun, i guess...

go bo
10-23-2005, 11:16 AM
and while i am at, just why did you have an old girlfriend?

can't find any your age, maybe? :p :p :p

4th and Long
10-23-2005, 11:16 AM
ok, i may be wrong about it being a "hypnotic", although i've got that in my head somehow...

these are the "facts": i had a bad abscess in my neck and i was going to have emergency outpatient surgery, but when i got to the hospital there was some delay with the o.r., so my ent guy said he would do it in the er, using some drug through an iv that made me unconscious in terms of pain and memory of the event, but the doc said i was responsive and even talking about past experiences with dentists and doctors...

i don't remember anything after the iv got going good until he was all done and they woke me up somehow...

i thought somebody said hypnotic before they started the iv, but it might have been something else altogether...

if it was fun, i don't remember it, so it wasn't much fun, i guess...
Sounds like Versed to me! Chalk another one up for The Drug Tzar!

4th and Long
10-23-2005, 11:17 AM
and while i am at, just why did you have an old girlfriend?

can't find any your age, maybe? :p :p :p
Kindly assume the position. Hands up, legs spread ... so that I may kick you squarely in the junk. :D :p

go bo
10-23-2005, 11:33 AM
i may be old, but my package isn't junk yet...

yet... :harumph:

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-23-2005, 11:49 AM
that stick man thing is kick ass

Frankie
10-23-2005, 12:15 PM
Stick Men (http://www.brainkick.com/)
sh!t, oh... :eek:
was screwed up sooo That... :eek:
:drool:

Baby Lee
10-23-2005, 12:26 PM
I am anesthesia's bitch.

I'll never forget, I had plastic surgery for my left ear [an Alaskan Husky of the neighbor's got riled and bit half of my ear lobe off] when I was like 12. It was the year that ET came out, because when I came to and tried to get to the WC, I felt like ET waddling around at about 2'5" tall and 3' wide [not my actual dimensions, just how I felt]. Turns out I slept 9 1/2 hours past my calculated wake from surgery, and the fam was kinda worried.

Then, when I got my wisdom teeth removed in 90 [I was 18], they put me under. I woke only 2 hours past when they thought I would. But I couldn't ingest ANYTHING for a week. If I was really slow at it, I could sip some water. But I couldn't even drink an entire cup at a sitting, let alone eat solid food, or even jello or pudding.

Skip Towne
10-23-2005, 12:36 PM
I am anesthesia's bitch.

I'll never forget, I had plastic surgery for my left ear [an Alaskan Husky of the neighbor's got riled and bit half of my ear lobe off] when I was like 12. It was the year that ET came out, because when I came to and tried to get to the WC, I felt like ET waddling around at about 2'5" tall and 3' wide [not my actual dimensions, just how I felt]. Turns out I slept 9 1/2 hours past my calculated wake from surgery, and the fam was kinda worried.

Then, when I got my wisdom teeth removed in 90 [I was 18], they put me under. I woke only 2 hours past when they thought I would. But I couldn't ingest ANYTHING for a week. If I was really slow at it, I could sip some water. But I couldn't even drink an entire cup at a sitting, let alone eat solid food, or even jello or pudding.
Wuss.

Rain Man
10-23-2005, 12:38 PM
Anasthesia? Just give me a stick to bite on, and I'll be fine.