PDA

View Full Version : Anne Rice finds Jesus

alnorth
10-23-2005, 11:53 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9785289/site/newsweek/

Anne Rice, the wildly popular author of vampires, witches, demons, and the occult, has now become a born-again Christian, and has announced "that from now on I would write only for the Lord." Following her 10th book on the Vampire Chronicles in 2002, her next release will be called "Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt," a novel about the 7-year-old Jesus, narrated by Christ himself.

This... is weird. No, past the state border of "weird", and smack in the middle of "odd and surreal". I dont mean Christianity itself, but Anne Rice?!? Who'da thunk it? I enjoyed her novels, they sometimes got a little creepy and gothic, but she was a very unique storyteller. I dont have any idea what to make of this.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2005, 11:54 AM
What a bunch of crap this is. Narrarated by Jesus? I could give a shit about christianity but I know there are several scriptures discouraging that sort of thing. This woman is a hypocrite.

morphius
10-23-2005, 11:55 AM
Did you ever read Memnoch the Devil?

Baby Lee
10-23-2005, 11:57 AM
Maybe she caught Stephen Baldwin's rockin rad skaterz4christ show and got inspired.

Reaper16
10-23-2005, 11:59 AM
She's always been very influenced by her Catholic upbringing. She ranks among my favorite authors, as her Vampire Chronicles is my favorite novel series. I'll probably be hesitant to check out her next novel, because, well, it sounds nuts. Narrated by Christ? This could be controversial. And moreover, a bad novel.

stevieray
10-23-2005, 11:59 AM
Good for her. It is her choice, afterall.

onescrewleftuntwisted
10-23-2005, 12:05 PM
alice cooper did it to, did that piss anybody off

go bo
10-23-2005, 12:07 PM
What a bunch of crap this is. Narrarated by Jesus? I could give a shit about christianity but I know there are several scriptures discouraging that sort of thing. This woman is a hypocrite.sounds like an old testament kinda thing...

i don't remember Jesus saying anything about not portraying him in various literary and/dramatic roles, which by their nature are spreading the word of God and therefore are by definition, good things...

and i'm pretty sure He didn't proscribe using Him in the role of narrator...

so i guess i'm i'm ok with narration by Jesus...

sounds strange, but ok...

Tigermoose
10-23-2005, 12:11 PM
Jesus transforms lives and brings peace within.

He's been doing it for 2000+ years since he breathed out his Spirit upon the world.

Rain Man
10-23-2005, 12:11 PM
In other career decisions, Gary Burghoff is leaving M*A*S*H because he feels that he should be doing movies.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2005, 12:15 PM
sounds like an old testament kinda thing...

i don't remember Jesus saying anything about not portraying him in various literary and/dramatic roles, which by their nature are spreading the word of God and therefore are by definition, good things...

and i'm pretty sure He didn't proscribe using Him in the role of narrator...

so i guess i'm i'm ok with narration by Jesus...

sounds strange, but ok...

Putting words in Jesus' mouth sounds pretty blasphemous to me.

alnorth
10-23-2005, 12:17 PM
In other career decisions, Gary Burghoff is leaving M*A*S*H because he feels that he should be doing movies.

ROFL No sh*t

Anne, you are what you are: the creepy vampire lady from New Orleans. Now, you have enough talent to demand to be taken seriously and be given an honest chance with your new angle, but if it doesnt work out, no one will be surprised.

I'm not predicting failure here, Anne Rice is actually talented enough that I could see her possibly pulling off a Christ book that is interesting enough to draw an audience, but this is an unbelievably huge career gamble. Perhaps she just simply ran out of ideas for the Vampire chronicles and/or got bored with it. She's already made her money, she can afford to write for herself now.

Baby Lee
10-23-2005, 12:19 PM
ROFL No sh*t

Anne, you are what you are: the creepy vampire lady from New Orleans. Now, you have enough talent to demand to be taken seriously and be given an honest chance with your new angle, but if it doesnt work out, no one will be surprised.

I'm not predicting failure here, Anne Rice is actually talented enough that I could see her possibly pulling off a Christ book that is interesting enough to draw an audience, but this is an unbelievably huge career gamble. Perhaps she just simply ran out of ideas for the Vampire chronicles and/or got bored with it. She's already made her money, she can afford to write for herself now.
Or, . . . and stick with me here, . . . she loves the Lord.

go bo
10-23-2005, 12:21 PM
Good for her. It is her choice, afterall.absolutely...

[resisting obvious joke regarding being "pro-choice"]

must not say it... must not...

but seriously stevieray, can you believe the negative attitude from a few unenlightened posters over on the fav superhero (er, i mean superfan) thread?

it's like laz took on two new smurf identities...

or maybe he's contagious... :eek: :eek: :eek:

even more seriously, you guys are doing great things because of your imagination, dedication and enthusiam, which you bring to the people you're with when you are doing your superfan group thing, and all of you quite rightfully should be darned proud of yourselves...

but remember that if you don't schedule some periods of time off and rest along with your appearances, you might get exhausted to the point that it might diminish your enthusiasm...

but that's the only advice i have, because i think you guys rock... (is that the right thing to say these days?)

and your costume keeps getting better and better...

you should marry that seamstress...

oh, wait... :D :D :D

Brock
10-23-2005, 12:21 PM
What a bunch of crap this is. Narrarated by Jesus? I could give a shit about christianity but I know there are several scriptures discouraging that sort of thing. This woman is a hypocrite.

You should probably stick to what you know: Masturbating to Star Wars.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2005, 12:23 PM
You should probably stick to what you know: Masturbating to Star Wars.

Don't go all vailpass on me, douchebag.

stevieray
10-23-2005, 12:24 PM
absolutely...

[resisting obvious joke regarding being "pro-choice"]

must not say it... must not...

but seriously stevieray, can you believe the negative attitude from a few unenlightened posters over on the fav superhero thread (er, i mean superfan)?

it's like laz took on two new smurf identities...

or maybe he's contagious... :eek: :eek: :eek:

even more seriously, you guys are doing great things because of your imagination, dedication and enthusiam, which you communicate to the people you're with when you are doing your superfan group thing, and you rightfully should be darned proud of yourselves...

just remember that if you don't schedule some periods of time off and rest along with your appearances, you might get exhausted which would tend to diminish your enthusiasm...

but that's my only advice, because i think you guys rock... (is that the right thing to say these days?)

and your costume keeps getting better and better...

you should marry that seamstress...

oh, wait...

ROFL

thank you, sir.

stevieray
10-23-2005, 12:27 PM
Don't go all vailpass on me, douchebag.

You're being the douche.

You are always one of the first to bash something you supposedly don't endorse.

It really does say more about you than anything else.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2005, 12:29 PM
You're being the douche.

Nah, I'm pretty sure Brock is.

First of all, the only one I'm bashing is Anne Rice. She's a hypocrite and disgusts me.

Second of all, don't make this personal.

BigOlChiefsfan
10-23-2005, 12:30 PM
Vampires suck. Jesus saves. Moses invests!

Baby Lee
10-23-2005, 12:31 PM
Ahhh, the true timeless, tried and true "I don't know what I'm talking about, but that doesn't mean I don't have an opinion."

Baby Lee
10-23-2005, 12:32 PM
Anti-Semite!! ;)

RealSNR
10-23-2005, 12:32 PM
Alright! An Elvis vs. gochiefs thread! I haven't read one of these in months!

Hammock Parties
10-23-2005, 12:33 PM
Ahhh, the true timeless, tried and true "I don't know what I'm talking about, but that doesn't mean I don't have an opinion."

You must be related to vailpass, too.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2005, 12:33 PM
Alright! An Elvis vs. gochiefs thread! I haven't read one of these in months!

I didn't start anything. Some people just can't leave well enough alone.

I'm not interested in arguing with anyone. Really. But when someone attacks me, I am not going to sit there and take it like a bitch.

Baby Lee
10-23-2005, 12:35 PM

I'm not interested in arguing with anyone. Really. But when someone attacks me, I am not going to sit there and take it like a bitch.
Don't start somethin,' won't be nothin.'

Brock
10-23-2005, 12:36 PM

You are a little bitch. It's common knowledge. Now it's come to light that you're a hypocrite who is outraged by an imagined offense against a religion you don't even subscribe to. That is douchebaggery by definition.

stevieray
10-23-2005, 12:36 PM
Nah, I'm pretty sure Brock is.

First of all, the only one I'm bashing is Anne Rice. She's a hypocrite and disgusts me.

Second of all, don't make this personal.

"I could a give a shit about Christianity....."

you couldn't stay away from a thread like this if chewbacca wanted to be at your birthday party.

Rain Man
10-23-2005, 12:37 PM
People, people, people. What would Jesus think about your behavior in this thread?

Actually, I'm not sure. Lemme go ask Anne Rice.

go bo
10-23-2005, 12:37 PM
You're being the douche.
* * *well, you gotta admit that's several steps up from where he started on this board...

so maybe you should go easy on the little twerp... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

stevieray
10-23-2005, 12:38 PM
Some people just can't leave well enough alone.

oh the irony.

RealSNR
Romper Room ho!

Hammock Parties

you couldn't stay away from a thread like this if chewbacca wanted to be at your birthday party.

I don't really see what difference that makes. Do you have some problem with the fact that I don't care about religion? I don't see how I'm intruding into anyone's personal space with that statement.

Baby Lee

He is an American citizen, and [I believe] a Texan now. . . . So . . .

Someone, get GC some tissues.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2005, 12:39 PM
You are a little bitch.

F*ck you.

Rain Man
10-23-2005, 12:39 PM
This thread is making baby Anne Rice cry.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2005, 12:40 PM
oh the irony.

The only irony in this thread is that it was about Anne Rice and you and Brock decided to make it about me. You're both going on ignore and you're not coming off.

stevieray
I don't really see what difference that makes. Do you have some problem with the fact that I don't care about religion? I don't see how I'm intruding into anyone's personal space with that statement.

see post 27

Baby Lee
F*ck you.
Anyone surprised that GC's iteration of f uck has a *-starfish smack in the middle?

KCWolfman
I don't think this will be filed in the non-fiction section of the KC Public Library.

Some of you guys just are set on automatic to get your panties in a bunch when the word Christianity is used. It is more predictable than a dog waiting for a Pavlovian bell.

go bo

you couldn't stay away from a thread like this if chewbacca wanted to be at your birthday party.ok, that one made me laugh so hard i started choking and coughing... ROLF ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

stevieray
10-23-2005, 12:41 PM
The only irony in this thread is that it was about Anne Rice and you and Brock decided to make it about me. You're both going on ignore and you're not coming off.

:deevee:

don't forget to take your ball home with you.

Brock
10-23-2005, 12:43 PM

I believe that makes you a pussy. Congrats.

go bo
10-23-2005, 12:43 PM
You are a little bitch. It's common knowledge. Now it's come to light that you're a hypocrite who is outraged by an imagined offense against a religion you don't even subscribe to. That is douchebaggery by definition.douchebaggery...

now that's a word! :thumb:

i love the way it sounds, and the way it rolls off the tongue with such an ominous cadence...

i probably have seen it before, but it just sounds so poetically right in this particular situation...

kudos... :toast:

KCWolfman
10-23-2005, 12:44 PM

Yup

gochiefs = http://www.network54.com/PersonalPhotos/1101919014.JPG

Christianity = http://www.cbc-raleigh.com/capcom/news/2004/mix_04/kettle/images/bell-ringing_logo.jpg

KCWolfman
10-23-2005, 12:46 PM
Rice's work is rife with religion and the existence of a higher power. Mnemnoch the Devil is the story of Lestadt trying to decide if God is indeed a real being.

go bo
Anyone surprised that GC's iteration of f uck has a *-starfish smack in the middle?dammit! :banghead:

why can't i finish this stupid cup of coffee without spitting IT all over my freaking screen... :banghead:

first stickman, now you... ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

headsnap
Jesus, this thread has gone to hell quickly!!!! :shake:

sorry, couldn't resist... :)

go bo
10-23-2005, 12:48 PM
I don't think this will be filed in the non-fiction section of the KC Public Library.

Some of you guys just are set on automatic to get your panties in a bunch when the word Christianity is used. It is more predictable than a dog waiting for a Pavlovian bell.where can i get one of those pavlovian bells?

my dog would love it... :D :D :D

tiptap
10-23-2005, 12:48 PM
At age 64, I would guess she is just trying to deal with the more immediate possibility of death. As at the same time she opens up this huge audience to her skills in story telling. Let's see CS Lewis and Jon Dos Passos represent writers who moved to a more religious or conservative stance later in life. It is comforting facing one's mortality, to relent to a position that embraces life.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2005, 12:50 PM
Yup

gochiefs = http://www.network54.com/PersonalPhotos/1101919014.JPG

Christianity = http://www.cbc-raleigh.com/capcom/news/2004/mix_04/kettle/images/bell-ringing_logo.jpg

Not even. There are dozens of religious threads in the DC forum and I rarely bother to check them out.

go bo
10-23-2005, 12:50 PM

Some of you guys just are set on automatic to get your panties in a bunch when the word Christianity is used. It is more predictable than a dog waiting for a Pavlovian bell.hey btw, it's good to see you posting again...

welcome back to the madhouse... :toast: :toast: :toast:

KCWolfman
10-23-2005, 12:52 PM
Not even. There are dozens of religious threads in the DC forum and I rarely bother to check them out.
I haven't been on the board in almost a year. I came to this thread knowing you would have something negative to say about anyone who may have a positive message about Christianity.

As usual, you haven't disappointed.

You are entirely predictable in your unnatural prejudiced hatred.

KCWolfman
10-23-2005, 12:53 PM
hey btw, it's good to see you posting again...

welcome back to the madhouse... :toast: :toast: :toast:
Thanks.

Good have have quality posts to read.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2005, 12:54 PM
I haven't been on the board in almost a year. I came to this thread knowing you would have something negative to say about anyone who may have a positive message about Christianity.

As usual, you haven't disappointed.

You are entirely predictable in your unnatural prejudiced hatred.

If Anne Rice wasn't writing this retarded book I wouldn't have said shit.

RealSNR
10-23-2005, 12:54 PM
hey btw, it's good to see you posting again...

welcome back to the madhouse... :toast: :toast: :toast:Ditto

KCWolfman
10-23-2005, 12:55 PM
If Anne Rice wasn't writing this retarded book I wouldn't have said shit.
Why is the book retarded? Have you read the initial draft?

You only substantiate what everyone has already said on this thread with your inane and childish remarks like the one above.

KCWolfman
10-23-2005, 12:56 PM
Ditto
Thanks again.

go bo
10-23-2005, 12:56 PM
[told in the style and tone of "if a tree falls..."]

if you don't check them out, then obviously you don't hear the bell ringing inside those threads, now do you? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

and why did you go and put those guys on ignore?

it was just getting good... :huh: :huh: :huh:

KCWolfman
10-23-2005, 12:59 PM
What is funny is the assumption made by many on this thread that this piece of work is an awakening by Rice to true Christianity.

If I have learned nothing from reading her stuff, she loves controversy. Her stories live off of the concepts that breaking the rules and living outside conventional means is high risk but even higher reward.

My initial thought is this book will be no different. I am betting that the Christ image created from Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John will be vastly different from Rice's interp.

The only thing I know for sure is that her son Christopher is one of the single worst authors I have read in over 37 years of books that have passed before my eyes.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2005, 01:00 PM
You only substantiate what everyone has already said on this thread with your inane and childish remarks like the one above.

I was just following the lead of Brock and stevieray.

KCWolfman
10-23-2005, 01:01 PM
I was just following the lead of Brock and stevieray.
So what you are saying is that you are emulating the people you put on ignore due to their distasteful way they spoke to you?

And that somehow seems logical?

Hammock Parties
10-23-2005, 01:02 PM
Seriously. Narrarated by CHRIST?

Does Lucifer write the appendices?

ROFL

Hammock Parties
10-23-2005, 01:03 PM
So what you are saying is that you are emulating the people you put on ignore due to their distasteful way they spoke to you?

I'm not even going to bother discussing this issue with you, because you've already made up your mind.

I refuse to sit here and take people's shit. That now includes you, and you can join your buddies.

Brock
10-23-2005, 01:05 PM
I'm not even going to bother discussing this issue with you, because you've already made up your mind.

I refuse to sit here and take people's shit. That now includes you, and you can join your buddies.

ROFL There's space here on the bench next to SR and me, KCW.

gblowfish
10-23-2005, 01:06 PM
Good for her. It is her choice, afterall.
Agreed. USA is all about freedom of religion. You go, girl.

|Zach|
10-23-2005, 01:09 PM
You're being the douche.

I don't understand this. CP seems to be founded on bashing things we don't endorse.

ROFL

I submit evidence article #1 to the court...

The Denver Broncos.

KCWolfman
10-23-2005, 01:13 PM

No surprise. I didn't realize I was giving you "shit". If you are as thin skinned as that, you should have me on ignore.

At least you are smart enough to realize that.

Hammock Parties
More evidence that Ann Rice is a giant hypocrite:

She apparently had a near-death experience last year with an intestinal blockage. According to the article, she also had one in 1988 which resulted in her return to Catholicism. That didn't last, and I doubt this one will either.

KCWolfman
You mean space in the real world.

Not bad company, IMO.

KCWolfman
10-23-2005, 01:14 PM

She apparently had a near-death experience last year with an intestinal blockage. According to the article, she also had one in 1988 which resulted in her return to Catholicism. That didn't last, and I doubt this one will either.
Why didn't it last? What happened after 1988?

patteeu
10-23-2005, 01:20 PM
What is funny is the assumption made by many on this thread that this piece of work is an awakening by Rice to true Christianity.

If I have learned nothing from reading her stuff, she loves controversy. Her stories live off of the concepts that breaking the rules and living outside conventional means is high risk but even higher reward.

My initial thought is this book will be no different. I am betting that the Christ image created from Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John will be vastly different from Rice's interp.

The only thing I know for sure is that her son Christopher is one of the single worst authors I have read in over 37 years of books that have passed before my eyes.

There was an article in the FYI section of the KC Star a day or two ago about this book and it indicates that Rice returned to her Catholic roots a few years ago and has indeed become a religious person. While it might be subject to some controversy (for the reason GoChiefs identified), it appears to me to be an honest attempt to write a pro-Jesus novel about a time in Jesus' life that was not well documented (his childhood).

go bo
10-23-2005, 01:27 PM

what's logic got to do with it?

it ain't nothin' but a mental illusion...

go bo
10-23-2005, 01:28 PM
Seriously. Narrarated by CHRIST?

Does Lucifer write the appendices?

ROFLwhat we really want to know is can lucifer play nt?

patteeu
10-23-2005, 01:29 PM

First, IMO you didn't deserve the shit you've taken in this thread so don't take this as more of the same.

Second, your 1988 date appears to be wrong. According to the KC Star article, she returned to Catholicism in 1998 after a 30 year absence. Here are some highlights from the article:

From vampires to Jesus

Anne Rice’s return to the Catholic Church points her in a new direction

By BENEDICTA CIPOLLA

Religion News Service

The queen of darkness has seen the light.

In her latest book, Christ the Lord, novelist Anne Rice turns away from the doomed souls of her best-selling tales about vampires and witches in favor of a first-person account of the 7-year-old Jesus.

“I was sitting in church talking to (God) about it, and I finally realized there was no holding back anymore,” said Rice, 64, who returned to the Catholic Church in 1998 after a 30-year absence.

“I just said, ‘From now on it’s all going to be for you.’ And the book I felt I had to write was the life of Christ. … When my faith was given back to me by God, redemption became a part of the world in which I lived. And I wasn’t going to write any more books where that wasn’t the case. You do not have to be transgressive in order to achieve great art.”

With a distinct emphasis on the devout Jewishness of Jesus and his extended family, the novel — due out Nov. 1 with a first-print run of 500,000 copies — depicts their first year in Nazareth after leaving Egypt following the death of King Herod. (The Gospel of Matthew reports that Jesus, Mary and Joseph fled to Egypt shortly after his birth to escape a death sentence by Herod.)

Rice meticulously recounts the daily life of Jews in Galilee against the backdrop of Roman occupation, detailing purification rites, Sabbath study, construction work in the nearby city of Sepphoris and trips to the Temple in Jerusalem for feasts and animal sacrifices.

The Gospels are almost silent on Jesus’ childhood, giving Rice a wide berth to take certain liberties with her story. In the book, Jesus is taught in Alexandria by the Hellenistic philosopher Philo, which in turns allows for her Jesus to be fluent in Greek, something many historians doubt was the case.

Rice’s ultimate goal, she said, is for readers “to think, ‘Wow, maybe he did exist.’ That was the challenge, to make it real. The greatest compliment people pay me when they read this book is when they say, ‘I was there.’ ”

Kansas City Star, 10/22/05 (http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/living/religion/12963470.htm)

Hammock Parties
10-23-2005, 01:31 PM
First, IMO you didn't deserve the shit you've taken in this thread so don't take this as more of the same.

Thankyou, and no, it was just a typo.

Skip Towne
10-23-2005, 01:36 PM
douchebaggery...

now that's a word! :thumb:

i love the way it sounds, and the way it rolls off the tongue with such an ominous cadence...

i probably have seen it before, but it just sounds so poetically right in this particular situation...

kudos... :toast:
Douchebaggery is pretty good. But I still like suckage better.

KcMizzou
10-23-2005, 01:37 PM
Douchebaggery is pretty good. But I still like suckage better.Dumbassery?

BigOlChiefsfan
10-23-2005, 01:38 PM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by BigOlChiefsfan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anti-Semite!! ;)

Misinterpreted again. I'm not anti-semitic, I'm anti-semantic. :p

|Zach|
10-23-2005, 01:39 PM

Second, your 1988 date appears to be wrong. According to the KC Star article, she returned to Catholicism in 1998 after a 30 year absence. Here are some highlights from the article:
I thought it was a strange and random pile on. Even though it is a hot button issue for some.

Skip Towne
10-23-2005, 01:40 PM
I'll quote what ever you and SR say for GC's benefit.

Skip Towne
10-23-2005, 01:44 PM
Dumbassery?
Another good one.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2005, 01:50 PM
She apparently had a near-death experience last year with an intestinal blockage.

That's because she's full of shit.

Sully
10-23-2005, 01:51 PM
Wow, this thread really escalated.
It really bumped up a notch...

...I think Brick killed a guy.

luv
10-23-2005, 02:18 PM
She's always been very influenced by her Catholic upbringing. She ranks among my favorite authors, as her Vampire Chronicles is my favorite novel series. I'll probably be hesitant to check out her next novel, because, well, it sounds nuts. Narrated by Christ? This could be controversial. And moreover, a bad novel.
Influenced by Catholicism, and she has Vampire Chronicles? I wouldn't have made a connection between those two.

go bo
10-23-2005, 02:19 PM
That's because she's full of shit.that's what my doctor told me after i had my bowels x-rayed or whatever they did back then...

no shit, he walks up to me and says nothing's wrong with you other than you're full of shit...

[remaining post deleted as tmi...]

go bo
10-23-2005, 02:20 PM
Influenced by Catholicism, and she has Vampire Chronicles? I wouldn't have made a connection between those two.man, you need to get out more...

Baby Lee
10-23-2005, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOlChiefsfan

Misinterpreted again. I'm not anti-semitic, I'm anti-semantic. :p
You just had to make the Jew good with money.

BigOlChiefsfan
10-23-2005, 02:58 PM
Moses saves, Jesus invests.

Eleazar
10-23-2005, 03:04 PM
'

NewChief
10-23-2005, 03:52 PM
Haven't read the whole thread, but she's probably going to present some kind of alternate history of Jesus ala the Davinci Code.

Eleazar
10-23-2005, 03:55 PM
Haven't read the whole thread, but she's probably going to present some kind of alternate history of Jesus ala the Davinci Code.

I don't know her work, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the deal. Usually when something makes as much money as that did the formula gets knocked off in short order.

Rausch
10-23-2005, 04:10 PM
'

ROFL

Hey, she found a religon that works for her, great.

Shame she'll only do Christian books now though...

patteeu
10-23-2005, 04:10 PM

Based on the articles, I don't think that's the case. She is admittedly taking the liberty of filling in the complete blank that is Jesus' childhood, but she claims to be doing it in an attempt to make people “think, ‘Wow, maybe he did exist.’"

After a religious re-awakening, she says she came to the conclusion that, "‘From now on it’s all going to be for [God].’ And the book I felt I had to write was the life of Christ. … When my faith was given back to me by God, redemption became a part of the world in which I lived. And I wasn’t going to write any more books where that wasn’t the case. You do not have to be transgressive in order to achieve great art.”

QuikSsurfer
10-23-2005, 05:24 PM
Maybe she caught Stephen Baldwin's rockin rad skaterz4christ show and got inspired.

u deserve rep of 1000000 counts for that :)

Saulbadguy
10-23-2005, 06:41 PM
Jesus, the Vampire Killer.

http://jesusdontknowlol.ytmnd.com/
http://raptorjesuscompilaton.ytmnd.com/
http://blockjesus.ytmnd.com/
http://nazitetris.ytmnd.com/
http://jesusdies.ytmnd.com/
http://loljeebus.ytmnd.com/