PDA

View Full Version : Warfield gets the start no matter what next week...right?

Chiefs Pantalones
10-23-2005, 07:05 PM
:hmmm:

I hope so.

petegz28
10-23-2005, 07:07 PM
God I would hope so.

Bowser
10-23-2005, 07:08 PM
I think so. Our defense seemed to be much more aggressive with Surtain and Warfield at the corners, as it should be.

Maybe we WERE trying to hide McBurned in a zone? :shrug:

JBucc
10-23-2005, 07:09 PM
Just to make sure I'm gonna pull a Tonya Harding and hire someone to bust Mcleon on the leg with a led pipe

Bowser
10-23-2005, 07:10 PM
Just to make sure I'm gonna pull a Tonya Harding and hire someone to bust Mcleon on the leg with a led pipe

The last thing we need to see is McCleon on the ground sobbing "WHYYYY....WHYYYY......."

Deberg_1990
10-23-2005, 07:11 PM
I hope so....but ya never know how what DV will do???

htismaqe
10-24-2005, 09:02 AM
The better question is what will Gunther do. He's the one calling the shots...

BigChiefFan
10-24-2005, 09:11 AM
The better question is what will Gunther do. He's the one calling the shots...
The D looked like they played alot more man coverage in the game. I didn't notice ONE play where Warfield lined up off his man while Surtain manned up. Not one. I think you've got some 'splainin(explaining) to do.

ExtremeChief
10-24-2005, 09:20 AM
anyone go through the game yet to see how much man we actually played????

Wile_E_Coyote
10-24-2005, 09:23 AM
I hope Dex is healthy for sunday, just not starting

htismaqe
10-24-2005, 09:29 AM
The D looked like they played alot more man coverage in the game. I didn't notice ONE play where Warfield lined up off his man while Surtain manned up. Not one. I think you've got some 'splainin(explaining) to do.

They played more man coverage last week too...so you got me.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to see the game to see what Gunther was doing with the scheme.

But I'll GLADLY be wrong on this one.

Pitt Gorilla
10-24-2005, 09:34 AM
I really like Warfield, but he did get toasted on a route in the endzone. We had good pressure and Frerotte stinks, so the wide-open pass wasn't completed. Other than that, he played really well (from what I remember).

Archie Bunker
10-24-2005, 09:37 AM
I think that Gunther will start him. McCleon will be the nickle and Sapp will be in to telegragh an occasional blitz.

Hoover
10-24-2005, 09:44 AM
Warfield will start. I think we will now see us bringing Bell more. Or at least I hope so

jspchief
10-24-2005, 10:00 AM
We played a lot more man this week.

Warfield almost always lined up tight on his man, and bumped him. Surtain split about 50/50 between lining up tight and lining up with a cushion.

Warfiled did get caught out of position on several plays, but poor throws and QB pressure bailed him out. Either way, I feel he makes our defense better than when McCleon is the #2 CB.

Fish
10-24-2005, 10:27 AM

Warfield almost always lined up tight on his man, and bumped him. Surtain split about 50/50 between lining up tight and lining up with a cushion.

Warfiled did get caught out of position on several plays, but poor throws and QB pressure bailed him out. Either way, I feel he makes our defense better than when McCleon is the #2 CB.

Agreed. I expected Warfield to miss a step here or there due to missing 4 games. But he played well overall, and still much better than McCleon. Surtain playing soft really baffled me a few times. Warfield was playing straight up with his man and Surtain was giving a 6-7 yd cushion. I thought this would be the other way around.... Either way, we won the game, and looked good doing it.

Warfield should retain his starting spot and McCleon should be a decent backup.... I still like Sapp over McCleon for the NB spot, but that's just me.......

Mr. Laz
10-24-2005, 10:28 AM
Sapp will be in to telegragh an occasional blitz.
:(

another glaring indicator that our defensive coaching staff sucks. Nobody has told Sapp to stop bouncing around like a hungry puppy waiting for a treat, before he blitzes.

Fire Me Boy!
10-24-2005, 10:44 AM
I think Surtain wasn't playing up the whole time because he's decent, but not great at bump and run. He's more of a cover corner.

Chromatic
10-24-2005, 11:20 AM
:hmmm:

I hope so.

Me too.

If Vermeil starts McCleon this week, that's an extra 60-70 yards guaranteed to San Diego's offense. In my view anyways.

htismaqe
10-24-2005, 11:30 AM
Me too.

If Vermeil starts McCleon this week, that's an extra 60-70 yards guaranteed to San Diego's offense. In my view anyways.

If Vermeil starts McCleon this week, it will rank right up there with the time he drafted Lawrence Phillips...

BigRedChief
10-24-2005, 11:33 AM
If Vermeil starts McCleon this week, it will rank right up there with the time he drafted Lawrence Phillips...
Moot point. DV at his press conference says Warfield starts Sunday

htismaqe
10-24-2005, 11:36 AM
Moot point. DV at his press conference say Warfield starts Sunday.

Look closely at what I posted.

Vermeil didn't draft Phillips, he was drafted the year before Vermeil arrived.

It's relevant because Vermeil didn't start McCleon last week, Gunther did.

BigRedChief
10-24-2005, 11:38 AM
Look closely at what I posted.

Vermeil didn't draft Phillips, he was drafted the year before Vermeil arrived.

It's relevant because Vermeil didn't start McCleon last week, Gunther did.Got ya! ROFL Cross thread humor.

Chieftain58
10-24-2005, 11:39 AM
I happily agree

Calcountry
10-24-2005, 12:03 PM
The better question is what will Gunther do. He's the one calling the shots...WWGD? I love it. lol

ExtremeChief
10-24-2005, 12:11 PM

funny stuff, Titus!

:p

Sam
10-24-2005, 02:35 PM
Which corner position (side of the field) did Warfield play last year? I'm thinking back to the coaches answers to questions about not playing Surtain full time against Moss & TO.

beer bacon
10-24-2005, 02:47 PM
Moot point. DV at his press conference says Warfield starts Sunday

VERMEIL: “I think Eric will start and I think overall he did a good job. He didn’t get challenged a lot. Our pass pressure in that ballgame was outstanding, even though we didn’t sack him that many times. It took a little heat off the secondary. We had eight quarterback hits, 18 quarterback pressures and one sack. That’s a lot of times the quarterback was back there with somebody making him move, duck under or getting hit.”

Rausch
10-24-2005, 02:49 PM
The last thing we need to see is McCleon on the ground sobbing "WHYYYY....WHYYYY......."

Speak for yourself...

BigRedChief
10-24-2005, 02:50 PM
Speak for yourself...

You want Washington out there covering Gates?:shake:

BigRedChief
10-24-2005, 03:01 PM

Yep, were we playing more man to man because Warfield was in there? Or not? did we stop playing that damn 10 yard off the ball zone crap every down because of Warfield being there? Were we more agressive because Warfield was in there?
Who knows is there is a relation between the two events but I like it and think Warfield should start.