PDA

View Full Version : Table Is Set For The Chiefs

petegz28
10-23-2005, 07:15 PM
1/2 Game out of 1st behind the Broncos. Assuming we beat them here we hold the tie breaker currently witht he win over Miami.

Chargers are a game behind us.

Raiders are more than likely done.

We have a tough schedule but we are sitting in the driver's seat right now if you ask me.

BigMeatballDave
10-23-2005, 07:16 PM
Not to mention that 4 of our last 6 are in Arrowhead...

milkman
10-23-2005, 07:20 PM
I am not even thinking about playoffs right now.

I am simply hoping for a win next week, after which I'll hope for a win the following week, and so on, and so forth.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-23-2005, 07:20 PM
Yep.

We could end up being 6-2 halfway through the season. It's going to be tough.

tk13
10-23-2005, 07:22 PM
I am not even thinking about playoffs right now.

I am simply hoping for a win next week, after which I'll hope for a win the following week, and so on, and so forth.
Yes, that's me. This is going to be a tough game next week. It's a chance to land a real tough blow on the Chargers, at least. And for us to finish 2-1 on the road in the division, with 3 home division games left...

milkman
10-23-2005, 07:26 PM
Yes, that's me. This is going to be a tough game next week. It's a chance to land a real tough blow on the Chargers, at least. And for us to finish 2-1 on the road in the division, with 3 home division games left...

I do have to say, I would just love to, and laugh my ass off at, winning the game on a last second FG by Tynes. :)

BigRedChief
10-23-2005, 07:27 PM
I'm not really worried about our record too much. We are going to have to be on a different level of play to go on the road to Indy or Pitt in the playoffs and win to get to the Super Bowl. And we just ain't there......yet.

petegz28
10-23-2005, 07:31 PM
I know it's week to week but I am just saying that it is time to start seperating ourselves from the pretenders as Marcus Allen used to say every year at this time of the season.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-23-2005, 07:36 PM
"There's a gleam men!!! And that's lose by a field goal!! Lets get the gleam!!!!"

Wile_E_Coyote
10-23-2005, 07:37 PM
JETS(H) 2-4 W
OAK(A) 2-4 W
WAS(H) 4-2 W
MIA(A) 2-4 W

DEN(A) 5-2 L
PHI(H) 4-2 L

carlos3652
10-23-2005, 07:46 PM
JETS(H) 2-4 W
OAK(A) 2-4 W
WAS(H) 4-2 W
MIA(A) 2-4 W

DEN(A) 5-2 L
PHI(H) 4-2 L

8 Sun, Oct 30 at San Diego Tickets (3-4)
9 Sun, Nov 6 Oakland Tickets CBS 1:00 PM (2-4)
10 Sun, Nov 13 at Buffalo Tickets CBS 1:00 PM (3-4)
11 Sun, Nov 20 at Houston Tickets ESPN 8:30 PM (0-6)
12 Sun, Nov 27 New England Tickets CBS 1:00 PM (3-3)
13 Sun, Dec 4 Denver Tickets CBS 4:15 PM (5-2)
14 Sun, Dec 11 at Dallas Tickets CBS 4:15 PM (4-3)
15 Sat, Dec 17 at NY Giants Tickets CBS 5:00 PM (4-2)
16 Sat, Dec 24 San Diego Tickets CBS 1:00 PM (3-4)
17 Sun, Jan 1 Cincinnati (5-2)

hmmm, it looks like you will not be impressed until we beat the Broncos at home... we might be 9-2 but since we only really beat 1 team with a record over .500, we shouldnt be impressed by this team...

KcMizzou
10-23-2005, 07:52 PM
And for us to finish 2-1 on the road in the division, with 3 home division games left...That would be huge.

stevieray
10-23-2005, 07:58 PM
I love that all of our divisional road games are done before we even play the first one at home.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2005, 07:59 PM
One thing is for sure, those Houston and Oakland games are a nice cushion.

We win those and take care of business at home and things look mighty nice.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-23-2005, 08:00 PM

hmmm, it looks like you will not be impressed until we beat the Broncos at home... we might be 9-2 but since we only really beat 1 team with a record over .500, we shouldnt be impressed by this team...

2003 So far we have made lunch of the weak, like we should

milkman
10-23-2005, 08:03 PM

Hopefully, by the time we see the Donkeys again, this D will be ready for primetime, and the O will be clicking.

KcMizzou
10-23-2005, 08:04 PM
Watch us end up being the "1" in Houston's 1-15.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2005, 08:05 PM

Not going to happen. The Chiefs are undefeated when I attend.

KcMizzou
10-23-2005, 08:05 PM
Not going to happen. The Chiefs are undefeated when I attend.Shew.

:thumb:

stevieray
10-23-2005, 08:06 PM

dude, shut up!

besides, now it will be your fault if it happens.

milkman
10-23-2005, 08:07 PM

Love that confidence!

On a side note, do the Texans draft Lienart?

Bowser
10-23-2005, 08:09 PM
Love that confidence!

Hell no! If they don't get any O-Line help, it won't matter WHO they have throwing the ball.

And I'm still of the opinion that Denver moves up and grabs him with their two first round picks, and a package deal.

BigRedChief
Love that confidence!

No way thats Miami's pick. They will trade up if needed. Houston still likes Carr.

KcMizzou
Love that confidence!

On a side note, do the Texans draft Lienart?Maybe try to tade down and get some O-line help? Last I heard they were on pace to set a record for sacks allowed.

milkman
10-23-2005, 08:16 PM
Hell no! If they don't get any O-Line help, it won't matter WHO they have throwing the ball.

And I'm still of the opinion that Denver moves up and grabs him with their two first round picks, and a package deal.

Good god, I hope the hell they don't! :cuss:

milkman
10-23-2005, 08:19 PM
No way thats Miami's pick. They will trade up if needed. Houston still likes Carr.

Why?

When a QB gets sacked as much as Car has been, and is getting sacked, he bears a lot of the responsibilty for those sacks, as does the OC, who was replaced 2 weeks ago.

That O-Line hasn't been great, but the times I've watched Carr, he looks like a rookie QB still.

Mojo Rising
10-23-2005, 08:20 PM
Love that confidence!

Leinert will not be a good pro QB. He will get picked high but he even knew his last chance at QB success was at SC and that's why he stayed for an extra year.

KcMizzou
10-23-2005, 08:23 PM
Leinert will not be a good pro QB. He will get picked high but he even knew his last chance at QB success was at SC and that's why he stayed for an extra year.I though it was being considered a god by thousands of southern California coeds.

Skip Towne
10-23-2005, 08:28 PM
Hush yo' mouf, boy

BigRedChief
10-23-2005, 08:29 PM
Why?

When a QB gets sacked as much as Car has been, and is getting sacked, he bears a lot of the responsibilty for those sacks, as does the OC, who was replaced 2 weeks ago.

That O-Line hasn't been great, but the times I've watched Carr, he looks like a rookie QB still.

I'm not saying he's great. Just that the Houston coaches every time they get a chance say this losing isn't his fault. He's the QB of the future etec etc

tk13
10-23-2005, 08:30 PM
We better stick it to them. Their run D is just awful... we should hit them in the mouth and Priest and Larry should run wild on them

milkman
10-23-2005, 08:33 PM
I'm not saying he's great. Just that the Houston coaches every time they get a chance say this losing isn't his fault. He's the QB of the future etec etc

Which begs the question, does Capers and staff last after the season?

tk13
10-23-2005, 08:36 PM
There's no way unless they finish strong. It's possible, but I don't know, they looked absolutely awful in the 2nd half vs. Indy today.

milkman
10-23-2005, 08:40 PM
There's no way unless they finish strong. It's possible, but I don't know, they looked absolutely awful in the 2nd half vs. Indy today.

That's how I feel.

And a new coach may want to go in another direction, get a fresh start, which could mean drafting Lienert.

Deberg_1990
10-23-2005, 08:40 PM

I wounldnt mind Dom Capers as our defensive coordinator next year...

philfree
10-23-2005, 08:41 PM
The Chargers have their back against the wall and defending their house. They're gonna be desperate because if they lose this week they're out of the playoff hunt.

PhilFree:arrow:

Chiefs Pantalones
10-23-2005, 08:43 PM
The Chargers have their back against the wall and defending their house. They're gonna be desperate because if they lose this week they're out of the playoff hunt.

I don't want to speak too soon, but after looking at the rest of their schedule...they are already out of it.

Dawson4004
10-23-2005, 08:51 PM

This is how I felt about the Denver game and we got our head beat in. So I am going to write this up as a loss and hope that I am wrong. Not saying we cant beat the Chargers, but when a team is desperate they usually play well. And the Chargers wont just be a desperate team...but a very very good desperate team looking to keep their season alive and kicking.

So if we can come out of the Oakland game 5-3 I really like our chances to make a real run at the playoffs. We have a real good chance to be 9-3 (8-4 at the worst) going into the road game against the Cowboys.

Skip Towne
10-23-2005, 08:57 PM
I though it was being considered a god by thousands of southern California coeds.
Just like Gochiefs!!!!!

Hammock Parties
10-23-2005, 08:58 PM
Just like Gochiefs!!!!!

Thousands of Southern California coeds consider me a God?

Rain Man
10-23-2005, 09:00 PM
Thousands of Southern California coeds consider me a God?

Well, remember that God is asexual.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2005, 09:02 PM
Well, remember that God is asexual.

Not if you believe in multiple deities.

joesomebody
10-23-2005, 09:08 PM
I like Vince Young in the NFL better than Leinhart... but I'm not in the NFL so it doesn't matter.

Young is as good or better a runner than Vick, and has a much better arm.

Reaper16
10-23-2005, 09:25 PM
I like Vince Young in the NFL better than Leinhart... but I'm not in the NFL so it doesn't matter.

Young's arm is not better tha Vick's. Young might, might be more accurate, maybe, sometime. But he doesn't have the arm strength of Vick.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-23-2005, 09:55 PM
This is how I felt about the Denver game and we got our head beat in. So I am going to write this up as a loss and hope that I am wrong. Not saying we cant beat the Chargers, but when a team is desperate they usually play well. And the Chargers wont just be a desperate team...but a very very good desperate team looking to keep their season alive and kicking.

So if we can come out of the Oakland game 5-3 I really like our chances to make a real run at the playoffs. We have a real good chance to be 9-3 (8-4 at the worst) going into the road game against the Cowboys.

If we can't beat a desperate team, then how will we win in the playoffs? Same situation, is it not?

philfree
10-23-2005, 10:23 PM
If we can't beat a desperate team, then how will we win in the playoffs? Same situation, is it not?

No it's not really the same. The playoffs are one and done and although the Chargers will be a long shot to make the post season if they lose to us this week there still will be a chance for them to bounce back even if it is a long shot. At this point we/The Chiefs are not in a desperate situation and if we lose we'll still be in a decent position to challenge for the division title. Winning this week would make a pretty good statement though.

keg in kc
10-23-2005, 10:27 PM
I think we lose Sunday. I think there's a chance we win 3 in a row after that, though. After which we have back-to-back home games against New England and Denver.

I think I'd be okay with 9-3 at the end of the day on December 4th.

B_Ambuehl
10-23-2005, 10:28 PM

What? That guy is not even an NFL prospect at quarterback according to some scouts. He has a terrible release and his offensive line and receivers make him appear much better then he is.

Hammock Parties
10-23-2005, 10:38 PM
Young is not a QB prospect.

philfree
10-23-2005, 10:48 PM
I think we lose Sunday. I think there's a chance we win 3 in a row after that, though. After which we have back-to-back home games against New England and Denver.

I think I'd be okay with 9-3 at the end of the day on December 4th.

The Chargers don't really have any home Mo Jo against us. Not like those stinking Donks anyways. If we don't turn the ball over I think we win. This game is a petty good match-up though. Hopefully Gun gets something from watching tape from todays Charger vs Eagles game that will help us control Tomlinson. After that we can contain Gates and the passing game by pressuring Brees. I never think we'll lose going into any game though. For better or worse my psyche just don't work that way.

I'm not predicting a win but I can't see us losing either.

keg in kc
10-23-2005, 10:55 PM
I don't know that "think we'll lose" is the right way to quantify my "psyche". If I thought it was set in stone, I'd empty my bank account and bet all of it (both dollars) on the Chargers.

In the overall scheme of things, a division road game is a very difficult contest, and I'm not assuming it will be a loss any more than I expect it to be a win. Because I have no earthly idea what will happen. That's why they play the game.

But I'm the kind of guy who expects bad while hoping for good.

ChiefsLV
10-23-2005, 10:56 PM
We lose in San Diego. Using GoChiefs logic... I have been there six times since 94 and the Chiefs have lost everytime I've gone, including the 1 in the Chargers 1-15 season. I will be there this weekend. Even if we do end up getting a lead, I fully expect them to come back in the end and win. In five out of the six games I have seen there it has happened this way, including the 2002 game where we were up 34-17 and ended up losing. Call me pessemistic, or whatever, but it's hard to win on the road against a good division rival, and I consider the Chargers good. I have nightmares of Kawika Mitchell on Antionio Gates one on one. Gunther might just be crazy enough to give em this matchup.

SLAG
10-23-2005, 11:00 PM
1/2 Game out of 1st behind the Broncos. Assuming we beat them here we hold the tie breaker currently witht he win over Miami.

Randy Moss and the Raiderz are more than likely done.

We have a tough schedule but we are sitting in the driver's seat right now if you ask me.

1/2 Way Into the 2nd Quarter of the Season. Everything is Coming together and meshing... Denver Is starting to Fall off their high horse. the Radierz are well um... The Raiderz... and San Diego= Marty Ball...

and now the best in the west...

The Chiefs. O-Line looks like they should. D Is For Sure knowing how to play with eachother now.. DJ is just freaking awesome... Colquitt :drool:..... Tynes :clap: Lets keep it up guys.... Next week Divison game Lets go out there and WIN! :cuss:

Mecca
10-23-2005, 11:14 PM
We lose in San Diego. Using GoChiefs logic... I have been there six times since 94 and the Chiefs have lost everytime I've gone, including the 1 in the Chargers 1-15 season. I will be there this weekend. Even if we do end up getting a lead, I fully expect them to come back in the end and win. In five out of the six games I have seen there it has happened this way, including the 2002 game where we were up 34-17 and ended up losing. Call me pessemistic, or whatever, but it's hard to win on the road against a good division rival, and I consider the Chargers good. I have nightmares of Kawika Mitchell on Antionio Gates one on one. Gunther might just be crazy enough to give em this matchup.

Wow, maybe you should stop attending games......j/k

Dunit35
10-24-2005, 12:58 AM
Im not set on a win in SD, but if KC wants the win, theyll get it. It all depends on how bad they want it.

Straight, No Chaser
10-24-2005, 01:21 AM

Randy Moss and the Raiderz are more than likely done.

Yea, I'm OK, IF everything goes to plan. Even though the Donkey's lost today, we are still looking up at them --and probably will be for a while. With all the gloating by haters here, I thought the Donkey's really dominated the Giants today; the running game was churning and The Plumber did manage not TO FUGG UP. Anderson ran for for 120 yards and a touchdown, while Bell ran for 60 yards off the bench. The Plumber finished 18 of 29 for 194 yards and a touchdown, and Denver had a 20-10 lead in the third quarter. Next week Donkey's are at home vs. a rather pathetic version of McNabb. Donovan was in much better physical shape vs. KC than he appears now. However, the Eagles defense is for real vs. the run so even though the odds, IMO, favor Donkey's it should be a test for them to turn it around.

We have to win and not worry about anything else.

--->

kcblue555
10-24-2005, 07:25 AM
Blah blah blah, lose in the first round of the play-offs, been there done that. I thought this was the was supposed to be the Chiefs last legitimate run at the Superbowl. They look old and weak but with the watered down NFL they'll have a good regular season record maybe even win the AFC west but they ain't going to no Superbowl!

BigRedChief
10-24-2005, 07:27 AM
Blah blah blah, lose in the first round of the play-offs, been there done that. I thought this was the was supposed to be the Chiefs last legitimate run at the Superbowl. They look old and weak but with the watered down NFL they'll have a good regular season record maybe even win the AFC west but they ain't going to no Superbowl!
The n00b is not being very nice but like all BS there is a small kerenel of truth in the BS.

I don't really care about our record or divisional opponents. Main goal for this team should be increasing the level of their play to where they can go on the road to Indy or Pitt and win. Cause thats whats going to happen for us to get to the Super Bowl. There will not be a home field advantage this year.

I don't care if we squeak into the playoffs and then go get our ass's handed to us in round one again. Been there done that. And its not a pleasant feeling I cherish. We need to elevate our play. How? Why not give them some more days off. I'm sure that will do it.

Brock
10-24-2005, 07:27 AM

You're the BOMB!

tomahawk kid
10-24-2005, 07:30 AM
Aren't the Chargers technically 2 games (1 & 1/2?) behind us since they have 4 losses and we only have 2?

alanm
10-24-2005, 07:39 AM
Not to wish you ill will or anything, but I hope you get run over by a bus(Nothing serious) and have to sell your tickets. :)
Anyone with that bad mojo has to stay far away from the stadium Sunday. :shake:

jspchief
10-24-2005, 07:47 AM
IMO, this Chargers game is a must win if we have any hopes for winning any games in the play-offs.

Great teams win these games. At some point, KC has to start beating good teams on the road, even if they are division rivals. If all we can do is win most home games, and beat the easy teams, then we are not going to do anything in the play-offs.

San Diego is a good team, that has played well in all but a few of their games. If we are truly better, it's time we show it by beating them.

It won't do us any good to get to the play-offs because of an easy schedule. We need to start looking like we are better than the good teams out there. Otherwise, it will be more of the same.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-24-2005, 07:50 AM
IMO, this Chargers game is a must win if we have any hopes for winning any games in the play-offs.

Great teams win these games. At some point, KC has to start beating good teams on the road, even if they are division rivals. If all we can do is win most home games, and beat the easy teams, then we are not going to do anything in the play-offs.

San Diego is a good team, that has played well in all but a few of their games. If we are truly better, it's time we show it by beating them.

It won't do us any good to get to the play-offs because of an easy schedule. We need to start looking like we are better than the good teams out there. Otherwise, it will be more of the same.

Yep. Exactly.

BigRedChief
10-24-2005, 08:09 AM
Stuff the run and make Drew look like this all day. Sound like a good game plan?
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/4996870_7_2.jpg

Lzen
10-24-2005, 08:58 AM
Aren't the Chargers technically 2 games (1 & 1/2?) behind us since they have 4 losses and we only have 2?

Yes, 1 1/2 games behind us. 2 games out of first place in the division. The half game is because we had a bye week and the Donks and Bolts haven't had one yet. Even if we lose this game, we're still a half game ahead of San Diego.

B_Ambuehl
10-24-2005, 08:59 AM

Agreed. When was the last time the Chiefs had a team with their back against the wall and took advantage?

BigChiefFan
10-24-2005, 09:07 AM
Basing any previous games on this week's game is just that...a comparision. It may give SOME indication of how the outcome may be, but let's not forget that's why we play the games. The Chiefs could EASILY get into a groove and start kickin' ass and takin' names.

acasas4
10-24-2005, 09:09 AM
I think our best chance at winning in SD is to stick with the running game like we did in Miami. The Chiefs were able to control the clock and give our defense a lot of time off the field. When we got away from the run for a few series Miami's D was able to stop us, but when we went back to the run they couldn't. If A.S. doesn't try to get "cute and tricky" with the play calling I think we"ll be OK.

siberian khatru
10-24-2005, 09:12 AM

Outstanding.

htismaqe
10-24-2005, 09:18 AM

I totally agree.

Saul Good
10-24-2005, 10:07 AM
The n00b is not being very nice but like all BS there is a small kerenel of truth in the BS.

I don't really care about our record or divisional opponents. Main goal for this team should be increasing the level of their play to where they can go on the road to Indy or Pitt and win. Cause thats whats going to happen for us to get to the Super Bowl. There will not be a home field advantage this year.

I don't care if we squeak into the playoffs and then go get our ass's handed to us in round one again. Been there done that. And its not a pleasant feeling I cherish. We need to elevate our play. How? Why not give them some more days off. I'm sure that will do it.

I don't see Pittsburgh having HFA throughout the playoffs. Indy's schedule is so easy they should skate into the #1 seed. I'd rather play Indy than Pitt on the road in the playoffs, though.